109 replies to this topic

KingxChuck #101 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13792 battles
  • [DD]

https://i.imgur.com/ZmY3T8B.jpg

See those clanless? Useless af

Edited by KingxChuck, 05 October 2017 - 10:42 PM.

Me going hill

↳                    Morons who go town                     ↵

Tomio_Hara #102 Posted 06 October 2017 - 02:59 AM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 18890 battles
  • [XWING]
A few personal examples of people not in clans doing well is the same argument as "oh its warm outside for October so climate change must not exist! scientists RESIGNED!"

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

dindincf #103 Posted 06 October 2017 - 03:10 AM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 17760 battles
  • [-7-]
It isn't that clanless players have to be bad.  It is that they are usually bad.

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng                                                       

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A 

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Gojira5475 #104 Posted 06 October 2017 - 04:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19408 battles

View Postahredstealth, on 05 October 2017 - 01:56 PM, said:

Wait wait wait...  I missed this gem of a comment somehow... probably because there is just so much train wreck in this thread already it's hard to know where to slow down and rubberneck, honestly...

But this has a special place right here.

You're saying that you swore at a toddler about a dog, who you then threatened to shoot and now you're bragging about it on the internet.

I'm going to take a moment to let that one sink in for everyone that missed it like I did.

No, that's cool...  take all the time you need.

Okay, back and ready now?

I know, right?  That's messed up right there!  

I don't know why I ever stopped coming to this forum.  It's like going to the State Fair.  After about half an hour, I'm no longer regretting any of my life choices and realizing that no matter what my problems are, it's okay because I'm not that bad off. 

If this place had deep fried Twinkies covered in chocolate and that little game where you tossed balls into bowls for a free fish that died in two days my wife would never see me ever again.

Neighbor has a Pitbull that they let run loose when they're home and the blasted thing doesn't know if it should eat me or be friends,I've put up with it for a year now I've had enough and when I lose my s*** I tend to attack everybody who is a part of the problem.

Dogs changed his mind about me as the owner told me to get a stick and hit it,didn't say what kind of a stick so I have a tonfa that I've been carrying,day after I unleashed the epic chewing out I stopped playing and did my level best to split the dog's head like a melon,doesn't seem to like getting close anymore,don't want to shoot it if I can avoid it but if tries to bite me.....

BluesAllDay #105 Posted 06 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 04 October 2017 - 09:30 AM, said:

:great: Thank you.

There are so many clans in blitz by now and I'm sure a number of them are fairly quiet, which opens up that door even for players who are far less social or who do not want to interact. There pretty much isn't anything to lose by joining a clan, but there is stuff to be gained.

It's like going to the store and when you are all done shopping, the cashier scans in a coupon at the end of your purchase, but you ask that they don't? :amazed:

Nothing in life is free. I pass up free stuff all the time. I couldn't possibly remember how many free trips I passed up because I didn't and don't want to spend the thousands to take them. I have no idea how many clans there are in blitz but I keep a list of clans that I have absolutely no desire whatsoever of being a member of just by the way any one of its members interact. If a person in a clan would consider me a fool because I pass on a discounted clan supply that I don't need then no amount of free stuff would be enough to be in a clan to deal with that mentality. 

My lonely clan is a whopping 15% through clan supply 2 and to be honest I don't care.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

Nighthawk_Predator #106 Posted 07 October 2017 - 07:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 9604 battles
  • [NHP]

I understand everyone's point of view here.  I am clan lead for the NHP clan.  I started the clan in Feb. of this year and I have learned and continue to learn a great deal about what's involved.  I was in a another clan for about 8 months and never was contacted by the clan lead or the dep leads.  I just played and did my own thing.  That experience taught me what i didn't want my clan to be like.The emphasis for who i look for to join centers mainly on activity level. However since I have only a few slots left right now I am also looking for players who are at the 50% or higher WR only because now I can afford to be a little choosy. Anyway, I am lucky in that I have a great group of players who are active in chat and toon  often.The reason for that, in part i believe goes to how I recruit players.  I don't just invite someone. I message them beforehand and briefly explain what we are looking for and the they, (the invitee) I believe would be a good match with us.  I explain the benefits of clan membership, where we are in the warchest pursuit, (we're at the 8th btw) and ask that they look at our clan's description and rules to see if they think they would be a good fit.  Our rules are pretty mild but they do include a request for notification to clan leadership if they plan on being inactive for more than 30 days. I look at players after every game for potential mates when i'm in recruiting mode.  i don't think 4 games per wk and/or 20 per month is too much to ask for a clan that prides itself on activity as priority #1.  I do not care about the tiers they play either.  Any and all are just fine.  Yes, I do need to dismiss players occasionally for inactivity but that's just part of being a clan lead.  i picked 4 Dep leads to help out and we are all on the same page.  I am very involved with my clan and that is key to a successful clan!!!  Most do chat and some do toon. If they don't do either that is up to them. However, I do check in with my mates from time to time to make sure they are ok and ask if they have questions, concerns etc.  

i never thought about players not joining because they would be a target on the field but I guess that's a possibility.  As far as "drama" someone referred to, I can see that happening as well if there are not at least some guidelines in group chat. Sooo I have basically 3 rules for that.  No politics discussions (they never go well),  try and keep cussing down as much as possible, lol (we do have young adults on our team) and no bullying.  So there you have it.  From a clan lead who gets it that not every invite will lead to a new mate, I hear the reasons from invitees because often they will tell me the why's for not joining.  Hey, no problem.  I just keep mining the field.  Take care fellow tankers!

Edited by Nighthawk_Predator, 07 October 2017 - 07:27 AM.

SyLynSur #107 Posted 07 October 2017 - 09:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10234 battles
  • [HUNT]
get the IS5 then quit ! lol

SilverLion468 #108 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:38 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5179 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostGojira5475, on 06 October 2017 - 04:57 AM, said:

Neighbor has a Pitbull that they let run loose when they're home and the blasted thing doesn't know if it should eat me or be friends,I've put up with it for a year now I've had enough and when I lose my s*** I tend to attack everybody who is a part of the problem.

Dogs changed his mind about me as the owner told me to get a stick and hit it,didn't say what kind of a stick so I have a tonfa that I've been carrying,day after I unleashed the epic chewing out I stopped playing and did my level best to split the dog's head like a melon,doesn't seem to like getting close anymore,don't want to shoot it if I can avoid it but if tries to bite me.....

So you see a toddler as part of the problem and therefore a valid target for your angry tirade?  You think the toddler is responsible for the dog's actions and/or has the ability to address the problem?

Ever called animal control or the police and filed a complaint?

Edited by SilverLion468, 07 October 2017 - 11:40 PM.

SirWaffles2468 #109 Posted 07 October 2017 - 11:39 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13278 battles
  • [IMPR]

I went clanless over a period of time and it's pretty fun surprising enemies of your capabilities. I remember one game I was in a team where we were all clanless (maybe one guy in a clan) against a team full of clans. At the start of the battle an enemy says "clanless noobs." Long story short, we won the battle. 

Overall, most clanless players are known to be clueless and I'm sure amazing players take advantage of that. A 70%er running around under a clanless tag is devastating to their unsuspecting enemies.

BluesAllDay #110 Posted 08 October 2017 - 12:14 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]
I'm sure you deem me a bigger fool when I shop for boots. I actually pay $75 dollars more for the exact same boot just because it's American made. You can't see any difference, you can't feel any difference. The only difference is someone's job. If you've ever had to work in gaffs you would know how important good boots are.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 08 October 2017 - 12:23 AM.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

Also tagged with No, tags, clan, that, is

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users