No tags clan that is

• Please log in to reply
109 replies to this topic

AVCM_AW #21 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 41217 battles
  • [RAIDR]

I'm with Boris on this... definitely not a soup question...

Commander DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

a_cookie #22 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7444 battles
  • [MAHOU]
I once called the clan I'm in home, but, as a saying goes, time takes its toll on everything

Official Squid Skrub

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes

PanzertroopenVT #23 Posted 04 October 2017 - 01:42 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 373 battles

View PostAllcan, on 04 October 2017 - 05:18 AM, said:

I’m one of those idiots that isn’t in a clan. I just like to play some games solo if that’s ok with you !!! 

what a response, sadly most forget that. 1, if it don't apply, let it fly!

2 You have no clue what someone's moral compass is set on. What may be obscene and dumb to you may be a dissertation on human evolution to some others! 

I play daily, have a Chitty ratio and percentage but I realize it can always be inproved upon, I need An active  player who is mature that plays as much as I do, a lot of times folks have families, work etc etc eTc that distracts em.

Edited by PanzertroopenVT, 05 October 2017 - 02:20 PM.

The even heavier Tiger II (deemed "King Tiger" by Allied troops) supplemented the Tiger I late in the war. Its powerful gun and very heavy armor made it superior to nearly every Allied or Soviet tank in a one-on-one confrontation, but poor mobility, speed and reliability limited its use.

dindincf #24 Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:11 PM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 17760 battles
  • [-7-]

View Postobi__wan__shinobi, on 04 October 2017 - 05:08 AM, said:

Pay no attention to the player without a clan!

You do see the other three players without a clan?

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng                                                       

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A 

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

Darkest_Flame #25 Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:20 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postdindincf, on 04 October 2017 - 10:11 AM, said:

You do see the other three players without a clan?

LOL

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

Rage_And_Love #26 Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28100 battles
  • [-CFR-]

Go surf the ratings (ratings battle results).  There's a ton of really good players w/o a clan.

This really is kind of a pointless discussion.  You're all right.  There are great players w/o a clan.  There are not great players w/o a clan.  Some people like clans.  Some people don't like clans.  The sky is blue.  Except at sunset when it's red.  Sometimes.  The moon causes tides.  Some are bigger than others.  And so on.

Edited by Rage_And_Love, 04 October 2017 - 02:41 PM.

SilverLion468 #27 Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5179 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 04 October 2017 - 01:02 PM, said:

So -- you resort to calling people "fools" - because they don't play the game the way you think they should play?

What?

That's just schtoopid.

THIS.  A thousand times, THIS.  Calling someone a fool because they don't see the world the way you do, OP, seems pretty self-absorbed.  If I were deciding on a criteria to measure foolishness, I'd probably use the creation of threads like this as an indicator before I chose clan membership.  What difference does it make to you, anyway?  Players who don't have clans aren't hurting you.  You said in your post that you don't understand why some people are not in clans.  Maybe you should try to understand it before you judge it.

Darkest_Flame #28 Posted 04 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

People are completely misinterpreting what he is saying. Please learn the English language before you go slamming him for things he hasn't even said, and putting words in his mouth.

Players are fools in a way for not joining a clan. Imagine all the discounts they're missing out on. The free tank, garage slots, friends they could make, toon mates to be had IN a clan. You would be a fool for deliberately missing out on these things, and don't even try to tell me that you aren't, because someone who passes up free goods, services, and free anything is a fool any way you look at it.

I wouldn't listen to anyone without a clan, unless I've memorized his name from the top 1000 players or some [edited](of which there are less than 10 that are still active) The players you actually need to worry about are ALL in clans right now. Everyone else simply isn't good enough to warrant listening to. Their opinion of where to go and what to do in battle has zero value. 

Edited by Darkest_Flame, 04 October 2017 - 03:02 PM.

Rage_And_Love #29 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28100 battles
  • [-CFR-]

OK, Darkest_Flame, I'll play.  Here are synonyms from the dictionary for "fool": idiot, a$$, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, moron, clod.

Do you think those accurately characterize people that made the choice not to join a clan for their own reasons?  No, me neither.

I'm all for using the English language properly.  If the OP had said "I find it curious that people have a different value system than I have and make different choices about belonging to a clan" this would have been a whole different thread.  But he didn't.  He used an abusive term to describe others that made different choices than he's made.  Which isn't cool.

But as I said above, leaves fall from the trees in fall, except for when the tree are coniferous, although the larch tree (an alpine coniferous tree) does have needles that fall.  And so on.

Edited by Rage_And_Love, 04 October 2017 - 03:10 PM.

Barny227 #30 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:16 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23635 battles
  • [MOMS]
Not necessarily, there are a lot of very good players that are clanless. For what ever reason these players enjoy being clanless. It is their game as it is yours both of you will play it your way.

Darkest_Flame #31 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:19 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostRage_And_Love, on 04 October 2017 - 11:05 AM, said:

OK, Darkest_Flame, I'll play.  Here are synonyms from the dictionary for "fool": idiot, a$$, blockhead, dunce, dolt, ignoramus, imbecile, cretin, dullard, simpleton, moron, clod.

Do you think those accurately characterize people that made the choice not to join a clan for their own reasons?  No, me neither.

I'm all for using the English language properly.  If the OP had said "I find it curious that people have a different value system than I have and make different choices about belonging to a clan" this would have been a whole different thread.  But he didn't.  He used an abusive term to describe others that made different choices than he's made.  Which isn't cool.

But as I said above, leaves fall from the trees in fall, except for when the tree are coniferous, although the larch tree (an alpine coniferous tree) does have needles that fall.  And so on.

Key word being synonym. They don't accurately describe the exact meaning of the word fool, which actually means someone who acts UNWISELY or in a silly manner. Please do some more research on the English language before you like the word fool to jacka$$ and moron. Because you're right, I don't believe them to be any a moron or jacka$$, just a fool.

Tell me something. Do you believe that someone who passes up social security money after they retire is smart, or unwise? Answer that one question. 

In both situations, people are passing up free items for unknown reasons. Is that smart? Or unwise?

Edited by Darkest_Flame, 04 October 2017 - 03:21 PM.

4sfield #32 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:24 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 23894 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 10:19 AM, said:

Key word being synonym. They don't accurately describe the exact meaning of the word fool, which actually means someone who acts UNWISELY or in a silly manner. Please do some more research on the English language before you like the word fool to jacka$$ and moron. Because you're right, I don't believe them to be any a moron or jacka$$, just a fool.

Tell me something. Do you believe that someone who passes up social security money after they retire is smart, or unwise? Answer that one question. 

In both situations, people are passing up free items for unknown reasons. Is that smart? Or unwise?

How about, “ Clanless Clown”?

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Darkest_Flame #33 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Post4sfield, on 04 October 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

How about, “ Clanless Clown”?

That works :great:

Rage_And_Love #34 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28100 battles
  • [-CFR-]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 07:19 AM, said:

Here is the definition:  https://en.oxforddic...definition/fool

You will notice unwise or imprudent as a core part of the definition.  Which suggests rash and unthoughtful decisions.  So yeah, it's clear this is the wrong word to describe what's going on here, sorry.

Again, you are really trying to say "I value discounts so everyone should and if they aren't I can label them with a pejorative term." 

This thread is full of good reasons not to be in a clan based on people's thoughtful experience, often in a clan.  So instead of requiring everyone that doesn't share your value system to be a "fool", try and use descriptive language.

And to the SS question.  This is a game of pixel tanks.  That's a fallacious argument.

Darkest_Flame #35 Posted 04 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostRage_And_Love, on 04 October 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

Here is the definition:  https://en.oxforddic...definition/fool

You will notice unwise or imprudent as a core part of the definition.  Which suggests rash and unthoughtful decisions.  So yeah, it's clear this is the wrong word to describe what's going on here, sorry.

Again, you are really trying to say "I value discounts so everyone should and if they aren't I can label them with a pejorative term." 

This thread is full of good reasons not to be in a clan based on people's thoughtful experience, often in a clan.  So instead of requiring everyone that doesn't share your value system to be a "fool", try and use descriptive language.

And to the SS question.  This is a game of pixel tanks.  That's a fallacious argument.

I don't think you're understanding what I'm getting at yet. Sigh.

If you do something unwise, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was a rash or unthoughtful decision. The person may have thought it out thoroughly before deciding, as many of the people in this thread who oppose being in a clan did. Their decision may not have necessarily been wise even after all that thinking. You said it yourself. "Based on people's thoughtful experience". Hence, your argument is completely invalid, as you provided the counter for mine. Thanks for that.

The point here is that being in a clan is thought of as something simple to do and a given. Someone who doesn't take advantage of this is unwise. I don't believe you can possibly argue that not taking advantage of something that someone put right in front of your face is wise.

If the SS argument has failed to persuade you, lets try something more simple, that everyone can understand and agree with.

We are in the magical land of Blitzy Tanks. As a citizen of Blitz Tanks, you have to work. Currently, you are working in a store (let's call it Clanless) to buy money for a candy bar, which costs 10 dollars. In Clanless, you get no benefits and a lower wage, of 50 cents an hour. On the other side of the street is another store, named Clan. In Clan, for every item you sell, you get a 5 cents commission. For every 20 items you sell, you get a free candy bar. You also get higher wage, of 75 cents per hour. You are eligible to work in both stores, yet you still choose to work in Store 1. Is that wise, or not?

Edited by Darkest_Flame, 04 October 2017 - 03:48 PM.

MayoNasalSpray #36 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 23034 battles
  • [MSELF]
:popcorn:

obi__wan__shinobi #37 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 02:54 PM, said:

People are completely misinterpreting what he is saying. Please learn the English language before you go slamming him for things he hasn't even said, and putting words in his mouth.

Players are fools in a way for not joining a clan. Imagine all the discounts they're missing out on. The free tank, garage slots, friends they could make, toon mates to be had IN a clan. You would be a fool for deliberately missing out on these things, and don't even try to tell me that you aren't, because someone who passes up free goods, services, and free anything is a fool any way you look at it.

I wouldn't listen to anyone without a clan, unless I've memorized his name from the top 1000 players or some [edited](of which there are less than 10 that are still active) The players you actually need to worry about are ALL in clans right now. Everyone else simply isn't good enough to warrant listening to. Their opinion of where to go and what to do in battle has zero value. 

So wrong I wouldn’t even know where to start ...

BluesAllDay #38 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

I've been in two clans. The first one I believe was abandoned so even though there was a roster I was never on while other people were also on. The second clan was a full clan of fifty but I've never seen more than 3-5 persons online at the same time. The discounts were nice but just like premium time it's not required.

The only reason I joined a clan in the first place was to make platooning easier. Big mistake, two 45%ers tooning will generally find a better toon on the red team and while a win is not insurmountable it's more likely than not going to be a loss. Solution would be to toon with better players but the way the clans are set up the odds of a 50%er being in one of these open clans are slim to none. Another solution would be to toon with better players from other clans. The irony here is the best. Toon with the people who don't want you in thier clan and would prefer you actually delete the game so you can't even randomly be put on the green team with them. 

My first three months of playing WoT blitz was insanely fun even though I didn't have a clue and yoloed every battle. The next three months were still fun but spending more time playing solo instead of tooning in order to up the stats certainly took some excitement away and left me wondering why I was even in a clan to begin with. Feeling like I'm just occupying a slot in a clan to selfishly get discounts that I don't need I decided to leave so someone who might actually need those discounts could have a home. 

After 3.8 and still learning to be a better tanker I've lost any and all enthusiasm and have excepted the fact that if I don't reroll ( I have no intention of doing so) I would spend the rest of my Blitz career either in one of these open clans or alone. So if I'm not tooning, doing tournaments or clan wars the ONLY benefit is the discount. The discount I don't need. What is the point?

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

Darkest_Flame #39 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postobi__wan__shinobi, on 04 October 2017 - 12:14 PM, said:

So wrong I wouldn’t even know where to start ...

You don't, because there isn't :facepalm:

Everything I've written is foolproof (excuse the pun). There is nothing for you to refute. I appreciate you understanding that, by saying that you wouldn't know where to start.

obi__wan__shinobi #40 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 47775 battles

Ask darktronics if people with no clan tag should be worried about?

Also tagged with No, tags, clan, that, is

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users