• Players
  • 47775 battles

NinjasInPajamas #42 Posted 04 October 2017 - 04:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4151 battles
  • [FLEET]
Another sweeping generalization

.

Credits: SweatyFalcon

"There are two types of problems, math problem, and real-life ones. A calculator will solve most of the first. The rest can be solved with a tank."

Player_5773117413 #43 Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:30 PM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 08:54 AM, said:

People are completely misinterpreting what he is saying. Please learn the English language before you go slamming him for things he hasn't even said, and putting words in his mouth.

Players are fools in a way for not joining a clan. Imagine all the discounts they're missing out on. The free tank, garage slots, friends they could make, toon mates to be had IN a clan. You would be a fool for deliberately missing out on these things, and don't even try to tell me that you aren't, because someone who passes up free goods, services, and free anything is a fool any way you look at it.

I wouldn't listen to anyone without a clan, unless I've memorized his name from the top 1000 players or some [edited](of which there are less than 10 that are still active) The players you actually need to worry about are ALL in clans right now. Everyone else simply isn't good enough to warrant listening to. Their opinion of where to go and what to do in battle has zero value. 

:great: Thank you.

There are so many clans in blitz by now and I'm sure a number of them are fairly quiet, which opens up that door even for players who are far less social or who do not want to interact. There pretty much isn't anything to lose by joining a clan, but there is stuff to be gained.

It's like going to the store and when you are all done shopping, the cashier scans in a coupon at the end of your purchase, but you ask that they don't? :amazed:

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Must preserve post count. Sorry guys :\

Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club

GLKamper #44 Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17849 battles

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 04:16 PM, said:

Everything I've written is foolproof (excuse the pun). There is nothing for you to refute. 

The SS example is not the best one because you’ve already “paid the price” by paying into the SS system during your lifetime. Joining a clan isn’t free as people have pointed out. Whether it’s being targeted in games, having to adhere to clan policies, or whatever, there is a perceived cost to joining a clan that doesn’t outweigh the benefits to many players.

There’s no such thing as a free lunch - always some strings attached. 

Gavidoc01 #45 Posted 04 October 2017 - 05:50 PM

I Golded Level III

• Players
  • 26778 battles
  • [III]

I wouldn't say being clanless is a foolish decision. It all depends on the reasoning and position of the person who so chooses it and what they value more. Flip the discussion around. You could say that anyone who is IN a clan is foolish.

Why? Many reasons:

1. You lose anonymity to a certain extent (how many of you will focus on a platoon from the same clan over one from different clan or no clan)
  2. The feeling you have to view the game as more than just that....a game
  3. You have to deal with potential clan politics if someone on the clan acts out or is caught doing something they shouldn't
  4. You have to deal with the hatred that other clans might exhibit towards your own.

Above would be valid counterpoints to why being in a clan isn't worth it and in their minds would supercede the benefits of a clan (as laid out earlier).

I will admit that there are times when I'm being focused on due to my clan tag that it can be extremely frustrating. Even worse when you're ganged up on by multiple reds. Yet, despite that frustration, the benefits of being in a clan outweight the cons for me personally. Based on my experience, I wouldn't label a clanless player as a fool or foolish but would view it as an unwise decision.

I will openly admit that the anonymity parts works as an advantage as I will tend to ignore players in this order when they call a direction:

1. PlayerXXXXX
  2. Player without a clan tag
  3. Player with an unknown clan tag 

However, I will say that for me, I feel my win-rate is in part DUE to me being in a well known clan. When I joined the 501st I was a 55% (IIRC) player. While I don't toon much, discussions on tactics etc. helped me improve as a player and as a result that plus the recognized clan tag made others more willing to listen when I fired off strategy and directions at the beginning of a match and that continued when I became a full patch Triarii.

Edited by Gavidoc01, 04 October 2017 - 05:52 PM.

My Blitzstars

My WOTBStars

I'm a Wallet Warrior. Deal with it.

BluesAllDay #46 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

One very unpopular solution would be a cap. Kind of like a salary cap, not only can you not have more than 50 persons but those 50 persons cannot exceed a certain value.

I rarely look a tourneys anymore but I think I read something about a recent tourney with a cap. 

It would force clans clans to split up so it create more hate than 3.8 so simply out of the question.

I might hit 50% by 12000 games (I might not). Is my win rate that important to me?.....No. Clearly though imy WR is important to all of the people who comment on it and believe everything a player should be allowed to do should be based on such criteria. 

So if the only objective of this game is to have good stats how does being in a clan of 50 people where on any given day three to five others may be online differ than being in a clan by oneself. 

I dont use coupons. I'm dont hold any stores membership discount cards. So the whole argument about being a fool for not talking a discount I don't need makes no sense to me.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

SilverLion468 #47 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:09 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5179 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 03:19 PM, said:

Key word being synonym. They don't accurately describe the exact meaning of the word fool, which actually means someone who acts UNWISELY or in a silly manner. Please do some more research on the English language before you like the word fool to jacka$$ and moron. Because you're right, I don't believe them to be any a moron or jacka$$, just a fool.

Tell me something. Do you believe that someone who passes up social security money after they retire is smart, or unwise? Answer that one question.

In both situations, people are passing up free items for unknown reasons. Is that smart? Or unwise?

Perhaps reasons that are unknown to YOU, but not to them.  Again, you're assuming someone that doesn't value the free stuff is foolish.  Maybe they value something else more than the free stuff.  That doesn't make them fools -- it makes them different.  You're making judgments about people based on your perspective, without taking theirs into account.  THAT is more foolish.

Not a great analogy.  Is someone who passes up social security because they have all the money they need a fool?  Is it possible that not taking that money is their choice because there may be others who need it more?  We all know the social security system has long term solvency problems, right?  Again, your perspective isn't the only perspective.

At the end of the day, what possible difference does it make to you or the OP if someone is in a clan?  Ignore their input because they're not in a clan?  Be my guest.  I don't care whether you want their input or not.  I see people all the time who are in clans and have horrible stats, so their input isn't any more valuable simply because they have a clan tag.

"There is nothing for you to refute"?  Again, you're narrow-mindedly taking only your own perspective into account.

Tomio_Hara #48 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 18890 battles
  • [XWING]

When I see someone in a high tier game without a clan, I come to one of two conclusions: 

1: Either they are so toxic no clan will let them in or

2: They are bad players or new. 

This works for about 95% of high tier classless players. OP is kinda right, the benefits of being in a no name clan with no recognition are better than being classless. If someone with no clan calls out a direction, I generally will assume new because almost always they are calling the wrong direction (I.E. Town on middleberg). Stop attacking OP, I actually agree with him.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

Tomio_Hara #49 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:49 PM

Monteagle madness

• Players
  • 18890 battles
  • [XWING]
You guys are all talking about "clan politics" and being targeted. Get out of your unicum bubble! Most clans don't have any "politics" whatsoever. I ran a clan for two years and never once had an issue regarding that (except for when I had about a dozen Venezuelans in my clan and needed someone who spoke fluent spanish and english to organize tournaments). As for being targeted, stay out of the 50-100 top clans and you'll be fine.

Edited by Tomio_Hara, 04 October 2017 - 06:50 PM.

Tomio Hara was the chief of Japanese tank development during the pre war period and WWII

Want to cap base? Read this!

Saksham_Limbu #50 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29 battles

View PostBluesAllDay, on 04 October 2017 - 05:33 PM, said:

Says the clanless player with 29 battles.

Exactly the kind of mind numbing comment to keep old farts like me from considering being in another open clan.

There has to be more to being in a clan than the silly little discount. If that's all there is then most clans would need players rather than most players needing clans.

So what about my 29 battles? I just have an NA account to post comments on the NA forums. I just randomly chose a day to play on my NA account which is also the reason why I haven't joined a clan because I would most of the time be inactive and wont contribute to anything useful. 

There might be something more to being in a clan then the discounts but helping out with the clan supply was my contribution to the clan I am in. while my clan mates at around and did nothing useful for the clan not even helping out with platoon missions. I liked the clan and wanted it to survive but instead I watched it die out with the players in the clan completely stop playing Blitz even the clan lead had enough and left appointing me as clan lead. It would have survived longer with the people in the clan contributed to something.  

At least contribute to something in your clan otherwise why keep some one in your clan if they don't do anything useful? 

Relax The Hentai Master is here! 

Ignore the stats I just wanted something to fill in the signature box I randomly chose a day to play on my NA account. 

"A country without people is not a country, The country does not make the people it's the people that make the country"- Saksham Limbu  Tanks in garage: Lowe, SU 100Y, T23E3, Chi-Ha, Vindicator UM (My NA account is just to play for fun).

EU Tank garage: KV-1 Dedicated Warrior, The Princess (Churchill Mk VII), Pz IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, T7 Combat car, T18, Pz S35, BT 7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light, Crusader TGS 2017, Cromwell Full Forward & TGS 2017, Centurion Mk I, Ch-He  Asia Tank garage: Medium I, R. Otsu, Chi-Ni 

Darkest_Flame #51 Posted 04 October 2017 - 06:59 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostSilverLion468, on 04 October 2017 - 02:09 PM, said:

Perhaps reasons that are unknown to YOU, but not to them.  Again, you're assuming someone that doesn't value the free stuff is foolish.  Maybe they value something else more than the free stuff.  That doesn't make them fools -- it makes them different.  You're making judgments about people based on your perspective, without taking theirs into account.  THAT is more foolish.

Not a great analogy.  Is someone who passes up social security because they have all the money they need a fool?  Is it possible that not taking that money is their choice because there may be others who need it more?  We all know the social security system has long term solvency problems, right?  Again, your perspective isn't the only perspective.

At the end of the day, what possible difference does it make to you or the OP if someone is in a clan?  Ignore their input because they're not in a clan?  Be my guest.  I don't care whether you want their input or not.  I see people all the time who are in clans and have horrible stats, so their input isn't any more valuable simply because they have a clan tag.

"There is nothing for you to refute"?  Again, you're narrow-mindedly taking only your own perspective into account.

Lets mark down each separate failure in this post.

I exchanged my analogy about SS after it was proven sub-par. You must have a huge ego to not have seen that. Stop attacking things which have long flown by.

There are people that value wasting their time/paying for things over clicking a button and getting it for free..... stop lying. Just stop. 

You know why difference it makes to me? It tells me that someone had the brains to find the clan page and apply for one. When I see a person without a clan that I don't recognize, I just assume they weren't smart enough to do even that, and as such, are worse than the players with random clan tags no one has ever heard of. And that right there is why their input isn't valuable.

Edited by Darkest_Flame, 04 October 2017 - 07:02 PM.

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

Gojira5475 #52 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:08 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19408 battles

I've been in a clan,twice in fact,Ieft the last on account of taking a break but when I came back I found......to be brutally honest that I like running alone,no clan chat,nobody bothering me as it stands I have one guy who likes to talk and that's fine but he seems to have left for other places since it's been a month since I've seen him.

Some of us are lone wolves and like to travel the fringes of any group rather then being right smack dab in the bloody middle of it.

BluesAllDay #53 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostSaksham_Limbu, on 04 October 2017 - 10:58 AM, said:

So what about my 29 battles? I just have an NA account to post comments on the NA forums. I just randomly chose a day to play on my NA account which is also the reason why I haven't joined a clan because I would most of the time be inactive and wont contribute to anything useful. 

There might be something more to being in a clan then the discounts but helping out with the clan supply was my contribution to the clan I am in. while my clan mates at around and did nothing useful for the clan not even helping out with platoon missions. I liked the clan and wanted it to survive but instead I watched it die out with the players in the clan completely stop playing Blitz even the clan lead had enough and left appointing me as clan lead. It would have survived longer with the people in the clan contributed to something.  

At least contribute to something in your clan otherwise why keep some one in your clan if they don't do anything useful? 

I oppologize

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

outersketcher #54 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10693 battles
  • [COD-R]

I was the commander of a clan in another popular tank game for more then a year. 

I hated it. 

Because I had to think about everyone and care about them and help them grow and rally them forth to fight and.. and.. all that being a good leader stuff.

My wife came along.. got interested in the game. She would sit beside me and watch,.. then started making suggestions.. then started shouting them at me while slapping at my shoulders ... till I would hand her the iPad and let HER play my game.

Well, she slowly took over. Till one day those mutinous dogs staged a coup, and they all shamelessly pledged allegiance to my wife as the new commander. Ousting me.

So yah.. there is drama.. there always is. But, to be honest.. that's kinda what makes it fun. Be fair guys.. its our voices and opinions and comments. Our collective personalities that make this game fun. Otherwise we'd just play against bots.

Oh, and I don't understand the argument that you like to play solo. What does that have to do with belonging to a clan? So, join a clan... get the benefits.. and go play solo!.

duhh.

DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

tankeatingtiger #55 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5003 battles
  • [AWING]
Pass some of that salt over here please... :popcorn:

Ranked #12 in MA3E8 (30day)

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Gojira5475 #56 Posted 04 October 2017 - 07:55 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19408 battles

View Postoutersketcher, on 04 October 2017 - 02:46 PM, said

Oh, and I don't understand the argument that you like to play solo. What does that have to do with belonging to a clan? So, join a clan... get the benefits.. and go play solo!.

duhh.

Because I log on and half the clan is there and somebody is going to talk to you,which is okay but you always have that one person who just keeps bugging you,asking to platoon,taking your time and being nice you don't say anything,then there's the ones who signs EVERYBODY up for a tournament even if you say "no" they keep at it.

Being alone is blissful quiet and having only a friend or two enforces that,generally when you see them you want to chat with somebody and if you're not in the mood you can say so,which is not something you can do in a clan I actually tried and hurt somebodies feelings  and I also told a tournament spammer to f*** off at least once.

dindincf #57 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:10 PM

Potato Rights Activist

• Players
  • 17760 battles
  • [-7-]
Most players without a clan will get farmed for damage in most games.  This is a generalization and as such does not apply to every player who is clanless.  If you are good and you are clanless you the exception to the rule.  If you are outraged by the OP you are taking his statements too literal.  

http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng                                                       

Tier X's: Leopard 1 / T110E4 /  T110E5 /  M48A1 Patton / Object 263 / IS-7 / Object 140 / T-62A 

“At the moment, you should forget about the M60.”        -ZIoydd, on 01 August 2017 - 06:01 AM

little_brother_of_war #58 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6863 battles
  • [FROST]

When I was clanless, I pretty much considered myself as an independent, rather than being a non-clan player. I always wondered what the deal was, being a clan-associated Blitz player, but was too shy to ask and too self-conscious and hesitant to apply since I was dreading the thought of a "rejection" response.

As it turns out, I was checking out some names of players post-game that happened to be clan related and accidentally hit "apply" and was scrambling around trying to void the action but couldn't figure out how to do it, so I just dropped it. The next time I logged into the game, I found out I was now a clan member and have been ever since. 

Its worked out pretty well, I guess, even though I don't know much about my clan mates. I even made deputy for some reason I have no clue about. I've accepted some new members into the clan when prompted for a yea or nay response, but that's about it. I read the clan chat posts but the conversations don't much interest me, even though they seem to a nice enough group,

I think most must be from Australia or Canada or something, judging by their lingo. (Does everyone refer to each other as "mates"?) I've read clan chat commentaries explaining that most don't bother to toon or participate in tournaments because of diverse regional expanses and they seem ok about it, so, so am I.

I don't remember ever seeing any of them here on the forums so I don't know what that means and won't bother to ask. I guess it's basically a fairly nondescript, no drama and under-the-radar type clan so it suits my mindset and personality well enough for the time being,

I don't really pay attention to the rewards and discounts when they apply but I'm appreciative, nonetheless. I was the first to break into and complete the clan level 10 mark and waited patiently for my clan to finally bust the completion stage to finish in order to acquire the IS5, so I'm diggin' that little milestone.

Bottom line is, I think it's all a matter of personal preference even though, as it turns out, it really is a quite painless procedure all in all. I don't really have time to devote to platooning and the thought of screwing it up for another player seems like too much pressure in the first place. So I've turned down requests in the past.

I still don't know what the whole discord / teamspeak thing is all about or if you have to be on an actual computer or something with a mike and headphones or whatever other extra gear. (I'm an older guy with an old iPad mini!) So I just log in and play an hour or so day at the most. Work and home life takes up too much of my time, it seems, to be too totally engulfed in an online game, tbh.

No disrespect to anyone, but I think it's a judgement call based totally on an individual's own personal situation and lifestyle.

On a sorta separate note, if I can somewhat digress, I am actually clan related in real life as a member of a Native American tribal nation here in the US. So my take on the whole idea of clan kinship is founded in a deep and cultural understanding of what being a member of a blood-kin clan is really like and what it is meant to represent.

So I've always sorta liked the whole idea of a clan representation in Blitz for its many players and I can see how strongly it signifies a similar kinship and strengthens the bonds of a lot of the members of the various Blitz clans.

I think that's great, and maybe it says a lot about the camaraderie displayed by some of the more seasoned of clan memberships. Especially for those that are willing to convey an apt personification of leadership and example.

Always keep in mind...you are who represent, and the other side of gaining respect is by displaying it as well.

Howah! (It's good!)

Belonging to one's clan means to walk in confidence and humility.

Now get out there and blow something up!

peace

_lbow_            :child:

Decimator Road

little_brother_of_war #59 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6863 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postoutersketcher, on 04 October 2017 - 01:46 PM, said:

I was the commander of a clan in another popular tank game for more then a year. 

I hated it. 

Because I had to think about everyone and care about them and help them grow and rally them forth to fight and.. and.. all that being a good leader stuff.

My wife came along.. got interested in the game. She would sit beside me and watch,.. then started making suggestions.. then started shouting them at me while slapping at my shoulders ... till I would hand her the iPad and let HER play my game.

Well, she slowly took over. Till one day those mutinous dogs staged a coup, and they all shamelessly pledged allegiance to my wife as the new commander. Ousting me.

So yah.. there is drama.. there always is. But, to be honest.. that's kinda what makes it fun. Be fair guys.. its our voices and opinions and comments. Our collective personalities that make this game fun. Otherwise we'd just play against bots.

duhh.

/\...(I love this!)

Decimator Road

SilverLion468 #60 Posted 04 October 2017 - 09:17 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5179 battles
  • [AWING]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 04 October 2017 - 06:59 PM, said:

Lets mark down each separate failure in this post.

I exchanged my analogy about SS after it was proven sub-par. You must have a huge ego to not have seen that. Stop attacking things which have long flown by.

There are people that value wasting their time/paying for things over clicking a button and getting it for free..... stop lying. Just stop.

You know why difference it makes to me? It tells me that someone had the brains to find the clan page and apply for one. When I see a person without a clan that I don't recognize, I just assume they weren't smart enough to do even that, and as such, are worse than the players with random clan tags no one has ever heard of. And that right there is why their input isn't valuable.

So now because I don't agree with you, I'm LYING?

You're still doing it.  You're ASSUMING that because they CHOOSE not to join a clan, they're not smart enough to do so if they so desired.  You're completely missing the point.  You're assuming that because they don't do what YOU would do (in your seemingly boundless arrogance) that they are wasting their time.

You're free to decide their input is not valuable.  I'm free to make the same assessment of your narcissistic and demeaning rants.

Also tagged with No, tags, clan, that, is

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users