• Please log in to reply
152 replies to this topic

MudkipAtWar #141 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:24 AM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 9805 battles
  • [FLEET]

View Postagustinariel, on 13 November 2017 - 05:52 AM, said:

Let's simplify things to avoid my grammatical errors. I never wanted the tutorial to be more difficult. It should let you buy consumables and provisions to use during the first battle against real players (after you buy your first Tier 2 tank) because current tutorial forces players to press "battle" button instead of buying consumables and provisions. 

What he's saying is that they need to learn the basics, like long and shooting, provisions and consumables can come later.

███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                         ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
                        I███████████████████].
                ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
 (╯°□°)╯                                                                                                              

RibbleStripe #142 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 14 November 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

What he's saying is that they need to learn the basics, like long and shooting, provisions and consumables can come later.

Exactly. Going in first battle with no consumables is a part of ingame tutorial. It works this way for all players. 

KanKanMikan #143 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:35 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 19022 battles
  • [PURPL]
Hello new Community Manager. I give you warm welcome from PURPL.

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

Aptriver374 #144 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:42 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 25130 battles
  • [PURPL]

View PostKanKanMikan, on 14 November 2017 - 10:35 AM, said:

Hello new Community Manager. I give you warm welcome from PURPL.

Weeb 

I actually get praises now OOF

smalljamalkamal #145 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:24 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19985 battles
  • [-MAX-]
Ribble,
One thing that was discussed in another General Forum thread was, “how to improve the (new) player base.”  Several responses/ideas centered around incentivizing players to watch training videos on YouTube. Incentives could include boosters, gold, etc. - and players could learn about sidescraping, camo, angling, platooning, using gun depression, etc. etc.
You could also implement tutorials in game (and reward with gold if wanted, or just make it a prerequisite). As you move up tiers and through different lines, you get different tutorials. Lights - how to spot, how to flank, 2nd line support, etc. - at multiple points in the tech tree. Heavies - how to sidescrape, abc’s or armor angling, etc. You obviously could put requirements for buying premiums in as well.
Basic premise with all of this - there are ways to incent players to play more (WG wins), improve the new player experience (they win because they’d win more and get rewarded for learning), and improve the player base (loyal fan base wins, as this is probably our biggest concern).
Would appreciate your thoughts on all of this. Thanks.

Chariot_Solace #146 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:43 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 17543 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postsmalljamalkamal, on 16 November 2017 - 12:24 PM, said:

Ribble,
One thing that was discussed in another General Forum thread was, “how to improve the (new) player base.” Several responses/ideas centered around incentivizing players to watch training videos on YouTube. Incentives could include boosters, gold, etc. - and players could learn about sidescraping, camo, angling, platooning, using gun depression, etc. etc.
You could also implement tutorials in game (and reward with gold if wanted, or just make it a prerequisite). As you move up tiers and through different lines, you get different tutorials. Lights - how to spot, how to flank, 2nd line support, etc. - at multiple points in the tech tree. Heavies - how to sidescrape, abc’s or armor angling, etc. You obviously could put requirements for buying premiums in as well.
Basic premise with all of this - there are ways to incent players to play more (WG wins), improve the new player experience (they win because they’d win more and get rewarded for learning), and improve the player base (loyal fan base wins, as this is probably our biggest concern).

This is indeed a pressing issue. There has been an abundance of low skilled noobs lately. Several times that I checked today, There were only 2 people above 50% win rate in the whole match counting both teams.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 16 November 2017 - 08:45 PM.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus. Lines I'm Grinding: Grille(IX), IS7(VIII), STB-1(VII), AMX50B(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To

RibbleStripe #147 Posted 17 November 2017 - 07:34 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postsmalljamalkamal, on 16 November 2017 - 09:24 PM, said:

Ribble,
One thing that was discussed in another General Forum thread was, “how to improve the (new) player base.” Several responses/ideas centered around incentivizing players to watch training videos on YouTube. Incentives could include boosters, gold, etc. - and players could learn about sidescraping, camo, angling, platooning, using gun depression, etc. etc.

I see your point, SJK. But i don't think it's a good idea - to motivate people doing smth so strictlyThere are a lot of incentives to play better, to improve skill and to learn how to do it. The higher your skill the higher your chances of getting more XP, credits (in single battle) or much more valuable rewards (like event vehicles). 

I truly believe that there is only one way of becoming better player - self-motivation. Player should want to become better by himself - only then he will search for videos, test new maneuvers in training rooms, try different tactics in battle and so on.

_The_Tactition_ #148 Posted 18 November 2017 - 04:06 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16459 battles
  • [FOE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 November 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

I see your point, SJK. But i don't think it's a good idea - to motivate people doing smth so strictlyThere are a lot of incentives to play better, to improve skill and to learn how to do it. The higher your skill the higher your chances of getting more XP, credits (in single battle) or much more valuable rewards (like event vehicles). 

I truly believe that there is only one way of becoming better player - self-motivation. Player should want to become better by himself - only then he will search for videos, test new maneuvers in training rooms, try different tactics in battle and so on.

When the average player age seems to be 3 and the average player IQ seems to be 30 the players with the incentive to get better are <2%. At least say the higher the tier you have it doesn’t affect your level of play.

It is always Hammer Time! 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

smalljamalkamal #149 Posted 18 November 2017 - 07:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19985 battles
  • [-MAX-]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 November 2017 - 07:34 AM, said:

Thanks for the response. A few follow-up comments, as I’m not sure the motivation is the real issue.

1) Watching the videos could be optional, and yes, giving an incentive to watch them may motivate some (probably a lot of) players to watch them that otherwise wouldn’t. So, we could set aside for now the concept of incentives. 

2) We can set aside for now the concept of prequisite training for tiers/types. 

3) The real point is putting the information/ instruction of how to get better at the player base’s fingertips. I, for one, didn’t know about videos on YouTube, or the forums, etc. for quite a while after I started playing. Once I did, I ate it up (to your point, I was self-motivated). But, I wouldn’t have struggled nearly as much in my first 5K games if I had known about those resources earlier. So, what about simply offering those training opportunities to the player base at selected points without prerequisites or incentives? (“Hey, you just bought the German Bulldog - it’s a great tank!  Would you like to learn how to make the most of your light tank’s camo abilities to annihilate your enemies?  Here’s a link on how to do just that!” ;) . Etc etc. 

I don’t disagree that self-motivation is the biggest factor in developing players for the long term, but for me it’s a question of, “how can we help them maximize their self-motivation to ramp up their skills?” 

Thanks for listening... :-)

Edited by smalljamalkamal, 18 November 2017 - 07:51 AM.

RibbleStripe #150 Posted Yesterday, 09:43 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View Postsmalljamalkamal, on 18 November 2017 - 10:50 AM, said:

Thanks for the response. A few follow-up comments, as I’m not sure the motivation is the real issue.

1) Watching the videos could be optional, and yes, giving an incentive to watch them may motivate some (probably a lot of) players to watch them that otherwise wouldn’t. So, we could set aside for now the concept of incentives. 

2) We can set aside for now the concept of prequisite training for tiers/types. 

3) The real point is putting the information/ instruction of how to get better at the player base’s fingertips. I, for one, didn’t know about videos on YouTube, or the forums, etc. for quite a while after I started playing. Once I did, I ate it up (to your point, I was self-motivated). But, I wouldn’t have struggled nearly as much in my first 5K games if I had known about those resources earlier. So, what about simply offering those training opportunities to the player base at selected points without prerequisites or incentives? (“Hey, you just bought the German Bulldog - it’s a great tank!  Would you like to learn how to make the most of your light tank’s camo abilities to annihilate your enemies?  Here’s a link on how to do just that!” ;) . Etc etc. 

I don’t disagree that self-motivation is the biggest factor in developing players for the long term, but for me it’s a question of, “how can we help them maximize their self-motivation to ramp up their skills?” 

Thanks for listening... :-)

Offering and maximizing? I like it)
We're working on new tutorial videos by the way and consider how to deliver them to players efficiently.  

acrisis #151 Posted Yesterday, 01:17 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19038 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

When it comes to training and new players, I have said this many times:

- allow people todo the tutorial and play training grounds more than once

- link to wg educational content in game ... pc does, there is a prominent article for new tutorial in my pc garage

- link to the forum ... even though the forum is now a shadow of how good and educational it was in the past

- allow people to setup enemy tanks / bots in Training Rooms to train against red tanks they struggle against

Edited by acrisis, Yesterday, 01:17 PM.

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

agustinariel #152 Posted Yesterday, 01:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 698 battles
Tier limits for training rooms?

Same saturation level of colour for all tank models?

smalljamalkamal #153 Posted Today, 01:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19985 battles
  • [-MAX-]

Ribble,

Great to hear more videos are in the way - thanks. 

Separately, if you haven’t already, please take a look at the thread/petition in General Chat regarding BigBoootyJudy - a long-time, well respected player and member of the forum community. Thanks. 

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users