Welcome! New Community Manager - RibbIeStripe

• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

MSixteen #21 Posted 05 October 2017 - 02:34 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17250 battles
  • [_V_]
Ha. We’re all  always so optimistic when a new member of forum staff comes along like they’re actually gonna listen to what we need or say, and then it goes great for like a week and then radio silence...

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

Ryanphoenix #22 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:09 PM

Accredited Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 18125 battles
  • [501AU]
Welcome! Glad to have you here! Good luck in the snakepit  forum!

https://www.blitzsta.../1018613518.png

Confirmed Wallet warrior and proud M60 owner. (Semi)Reformed Nub

SpartacusDiablo #23 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11472 battles
  • [VF-1]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 05 October 2017 - 07:40 AM, said:

Hi.

To be honest I used to speak English much better when I was a student and had enough time to play and chat with my friends from Europe. However, it's like riding a bike - if you can do it you won't forget how to ) Right now i'm glad to have a chance of communicating with you and getting my English level back. And i'll do my best to make the barrier invisible if it comes out.

You seem to be doing just fine with English so far. I'm glad to hear that you'll be interacting with us. I'm cautiously optimistic that the feedback from the NA server may finally be listened to and possibly acted on.  You have a pool of players here who are vested and care deeply about the game. Please take their comments, concerns, and criticisms seriously. Good luck in your new position.

john_bond_16_pc #24 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:41 PM

The name's bond...John bond.

• Players
  • 11629 battles
  • [COD-R]
Welcome! from the COD family.

​Well John, people have different priorities. Some are here to drive historical tanks and have fun, others for the glorious color coded numbers and other for the relationships and friends they've made. The middle group are the ones who'll say they can't play due to 3.8, they're afraid of having smaller numbers than everyone else and losing the imaginary position they have. They're also the same people who immediately pull stats into any discussion so that they can try to discredit the other side. I will admit I have good stats but I honestly am here for the tanks and fun. Once this game becomes anything other than that I'm out , but until then I'm here to stay.

COD-R CLAN DEP & TRPD MATE

Stats:                                                                                       

Lokeen #25 Posted 05 October 2017 - 03:42 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38497 battles
  • [ST3RM]
Oh wow....another person we'll never hear from.......yay :sceptic:

reluctanttheist #26 Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:02 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 20499 battles
  • [III-H]

Hey Ribble - welcome, man!

Eh - as you can see there's some serious cynicism as concerns that have been voiced in the past didn't get addressed.  We know you balance the economic needs of the game against the wishes of long-term players and forum users, who are of course are very small part of the user base.

I was the guy who organized the multi-forum petition to stop the equipment changes in 3.8, so I've had my own reality check about what WG may decide to do in the face of protests from users.  However, the game continues to be remarkably fair in its treatment of paying vs non-paying players, and along with the superb quality of the game itself, I'm still quite satisfied with the game and WG as a company.

I'm also one of those who believes the T110E5 needs to be revisited like the M48, and also really dislike the fictional tanks in the game.  

I think Blitz is a great game that could retain more players if the players knew how the game worked.  Blitz is complex - more so than new players realize, and missing that knowledge, many players quit out of frustration.  I'd like to see WG engage new players better so that they don't quit, and so the playerbase grows.

I really enjoyed our North American WG guys - got to meet a few of them in Seattle - and we do miss talking to them here on the forums.  But I'm also glad that we get to talk to you guys who are in the same office as the guys who write the code for this game.  You guys also give very direct answers to questions, and we appreciate the forthright answers.

Again welcome, and as one of many adults who play this game, thanks for making something that adults can get into.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

Forgotten_Fox #27 Posted 05 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

Zootopia's Slyest Fox

• Players
  • 32888 battles
  • [PURPL]

Any chance the forum Hall of Fame Will return? Essentially, it is A contest that takes place every month where whoever earns most High Cal. And Ace Tank medals in the pre-selected tank wins that month. This takes place Jan-Nov, with one winner per month. In December, there is another grind to see who can get the most High Cal and aces, but entry into december is only avalible to the previous month's winners, and they must use the tank they won the previous month. In the event someone wins multiple months before december, the next runner up is chosen, BUT the original winner can then use the new month's tank and their previous month's tank in the december contest for a cumulative total.

Example:  I won the Tiger 1, IS-3, Cromwell, and Chaffee. So I get entered in december contest for Tiger 1, but for the IS-3, Cromwell, and Chaffee, the runner up enters. In december, whoever won a month gets to use that month's tank in the contest, but people who technically won multiple months can use any tank they won in, as their total medal count is cumulative between all tanks. 

Prizing if I remember correctly is 7-11th place gets 1 month of premium time. 6-3 place gets to pick 1 premium, and it can be whatever they want (with a list of exceptions). 2nd place gets to pick 2, and 1st gets to pick 3.

Id love to see this return, as it was well liked by most of the community.

Premium Collection Complete: All Premium Tanks Currently Owned.

Some call me a Wallet Warrior, Some call me a Wallet God... In reality, I'm simply a Fox.

"Never let 'em see that they get to you."

MSixteen #28 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:46 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 17250 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostForgotten_Fox, on 05 October 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

Any chance the forum Hall of Fame Will return? Essentially, it is A contest that takes place every month where whoever earns most High Cal. And Ace Tank medals in the pre-selected tank wins that month. This takes place Jan-Nov, with one winner per month. In December, there is another grind to see who can get the most High Cal and aces, but entry into december is only avalible to the previous month's winners, and they must use the tank they won the previous month. In the event someone wins multiple months before december, the next runner up is chosen, BUT the original winner can then use the new month's tank and their previous month's tank in the december contest for a cumulative total.

Example:  I won the Tiger 1, IS-3, Cromwell, and Chaffee. So I get entered in december contest for Tiger 1, but for the IS-3, Cromwell, and Chaffee, the runner up enters. In december, whoever won a month gets to use that month's tank in the contest, but people who technically won multiple months can use any tank they won in, as their total medal count is cumulative between all tanks. 

Prizing if I remember correctly is 7-11th place gets 1 month of premium time. 6-3 place gets to pick 1 premium, and it can be whatever they want (with a list of exceptions). 2nd place gets to pick 2, and 1st gets to pick 3.

Id love to see this return, as it was well liked by most of the community.

I know what you did...

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

BluesAllDay #29 Posted 05 October 2017 - 05:49 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7070 battles
  • [SRV]

Hello and welcome. I too have a question. 

Is it possible to turn off the mailbox?

im tired of the hate mail after a battle. Thanks.

Unplayed tanks in the garage with 100% crew.

Tier 1, FT. Tier 5, SU 851. Tier 6, KV-2. Tier 8, KV-4, IS-3, T-44, IS-6, Lowe

michaeltsoon #30 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 23470 battles
  • [HATED]

When will we learn?

WG doesn't care about our enjoyment..... Blitz is on the decline and they know it. All they're trying to do now is to squeeze that last drop of milk from the almost dead cow.

Edited by michaeltsoon, 05 October 2017 - 08:40 PM.

Leader of [PZ3]. Please PM if you would like details on our clan

Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

I'd put my tank rankings here, but I won't since video game stats hold no value in real life. Therefore, I'll use a witty quote to fill this space instead:            "War does not determine who is right, only who is left"  -Bertrand Russell 

__Seal__ #31 Posted 05 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 11269 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Postjohn_bond_16_pc, on 05 October 2017 - 03:41 PM, said:

Welcome! from the COD family.

Can confirm. Welcome!

Roses are red, my clan is so lit,

I'm good at this game, so __Seal__ with it!

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Oxbridge #32 Posted 05 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 14143 battles
  • [IRD]

Hello!

Really simple and quick question for you. In what WG Office are you based?

Thanks!

Spoiler

reluctanttheist #33 Posted 05 October 2017 - 10:08 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 20499 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postmichaeltsoon, on 05 October 2017 - 12:37 PM, said:

When will we learn?

WG doesn't care about our enjoyment..... Blitz is on the decline and they know it. All they're trying to do now is to squeeze that last drop of milk from the almost dead cow.

Yeah it's on the decline :rolleyes:

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Watch the WoTB Users Manual Series  | Click here if you have lag  |  The best settings for your iOS device |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  | Get good: watch Bushka! | Check out tanks on Tank Compare

MudkipAtWar #34 Posted 06 October 2017 - 12:51 AM

T1 best heavy tank

• Players
  • 10961 battles
  • [FLEET]
No wonder were the Guinea pigs, we have the smallest playerbase

http://wblitz.net/media/signatures_na/00f6d0ccea7b209a58d1727e99212140.jpg

███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
                         ▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
                        I███████████████████].
                ◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤
 (╯°□°)╯                                                                                                              

RoadKutter #35 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:00 AM

Polish Demolish

• Players
  • 24706 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 05 October 2017 - 04:51 PM, said:

No wonder were the Guinea pigs, we have the smallest playerbase

yet we spend the most on the game! 

Welcome to the NA forums where things go south way too fast!

Loyalty level achieved, M60 and the Chieftain complete my garage! 

NinjasInPajamas #36 Posted 06 October 2017 - 01:16 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4720 battles
  • [FLEET]

View PostIcecuber07, on 05 October 2017 - 09:31 AM, said:

Hello! Look forward to communicating with you!

Lol is that even a thing now? Since we are in WotB forums

.

Credits: SweatyFalcon

"There are two types of problems, math problem, and real-life ones. A calculator will solve most of the first. The rest can be solved with a tank."

I_Maverick_I #37 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:24 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 11874 battles
  • [IRH]

As I'm writing this, I can see Ribble is also online, reading these comments. well here goes...

Welcome to the NA forum servers, where you'll find the most amount of bigoted yet legitimately reason group of individuals a person will ever be able to find.

A good portion of us are crybabies, complaining about changes in the game or controversies. yet what you'll find is it's pretty hard not to see our points and logic...

anyway good luck and please don't go silent on us. we WANT to be able to work with Wargaming's employees and its hard when you all go missing so often...i mean what, how many staff changes have been does this year?

View Post__Seal__, on 13 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

I have said this before. The reason seals are migrating to tier X is because there are too many clubbers at 1-5. Its no longer safe, even in our homeland.

Well...if the seals think it's safer to be at tier X, we should be playing tiers I-V to avoid the seals at tier X right?? 

RibbleStripe #38 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 48 battles

View PostForgotten_Fox, on 05 October 2017 - 07:54 PM, said:

We'll think about binging Hall of Fame back or other events or activities. 

View PostBluesAllDay, on 05 October 2017 - 08:49 PM, said:

Hello and welcome. I too have a question. 

Is it possible to turn off the mailbox?

im tired of the hate mail after a battle. Thanks.

Hi.
Are we talking about ingame chat? If so, than no... Blacklist can be useful if you don't want to see other player's messages. By the way, do you really get such messages so often? :ohmy:

View PostOxbridge, on 06 October 2017 - 12:58 AM, said:

Hello!

Really simple and quick question for you. In what WG Office are you based?

Thanks!

Hello!
It's Minsk Office.

I_Maverick_I #39 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:04 AM

Ribble4Prez2020

• Players
  • 11874 battles
  • [IRH]

Hey Ribble, Zloydd, and MaXSty1er!  You're all online now. Just curious, what time is in for you guys in Minsk? Cuz I'm just a teenager out here on the West Coast struggling to finish his homework at 1am...probably should have finished that honors chem stuff by now. ill get to it soon i guess lol.

Oh and I have a question. Will the Gift Store be brought back? It was going to be an excellent feature, and I know it was removed because of the whole IS-6 Fearless thing. Well, you could have just removed that tank from the Store and kept it up. I was excited to have it, can you guys please bring it back? It was a great idea.

Edited by I_Maverick_I, 06 October 2017 - 08:06 AM.

View Post__Seal__, on 13 December 2017 - 06:13 PM, said:

I have said this before. The reason seals are migrating to tier X is because there are too many clubbers at 1-5. Its no longer safe, even in our homeland.

Well...if the seals think it's safer to be at tier X, we should be playing tiers I-V to avoid the seals at tier X right?? 

RibbleStripe #40 Posted 06 October 2017 - 08:17 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 48 battles

View PostI_Maverick_I, on 06 October 2017 - 11:04 AM, said:

Hey Ribble, Zloydd, and MaXSty1er!  You're all online now. Just curious, what time is in for you guys in Minsk? Cuz I'm just a teenager out here on the West Coast struggling to finish his homework at 1am...probably should have finished that honors chem stuff by now. ill get to it soon i guess lol.

Oh and I have a question. Will the Gift Store be brought back? It was going to be an excellent feature, and I know it was removed because of the whole IS-6 Fearless thing. Well, you could have just removed that tank from the Store and kept it up. I was excited to have it, can you guys please bring it back? It was a great idea.

Hey, I_Maverick_I.

It's 11 AM here at Minsk. Good luck with your homework - hope you won't torture yourself too long :)
Currently we don't plan to bring Gift Store back - but it doesn't mean we don't consider something else. We'll see.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users