• Please log in to reply
86 replies to this topic

acrisis #41 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18604 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Welcome to WOT Blitz NA.

I’m hoping with your arrival some of the negative trends from the past few months on this forum can now be reversed, and we will be allowed to speak more openly again about update issues that still effect the whole player base, allowed to give objective feedback, ... even if said feedback points out existing issues with the game, shows how WG missed the mark with some ideas, etcetera.

Because, this feedback is not meant to be an attack on Wargaming. It is meant to make WOTB better and be mutually good for Wargaming and Players.

A better game that treatsplayers fairly and a developer team that listens to feedback from core players and the community = happier players = more spending, more growth and more community. 

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

DrFerd #42 Posted 06 October 2017 - 07:48 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 27909 battles
  • [LI-TR]
Are there any intentions of adding some speed bumps, aka "hills" to Himmelsdorf? There's a convenient one just to the east of the banana red-line that you could add by sacrificing some of the excessive train tracks on the other side. Just asking for a friend who used to like TDs.

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

thederpening #43 Posted 06 October 2017 - 11:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7178 battles
  • [TQRH]
As much as I'd love to think this means the forums are taking a step in the right direction does your arrival have any connection to the spike in posts being removed? 

BluesAllDay #44 Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:09 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6375 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 05 October 2017 - 11:37 PM, said:

Hi.
Are we talking about ingame chat? If so, than no... Blacklist can be useful if you don't want to see other player's messages. By the way, do you really get such messages so often? :ohmy:

If weekly is often then yes. After battle messages.

im sure it's just coincidence, everyone, 100% everyone I knew before 3.8 was gone shortly there after. I purged my friends list and I cringe every time the little indicator says I have a message. Last week I even got one from a clan that I thought I would never get one from, I was third in damage dealt before the team was steamrolled. Evidently he was having a bad day, I don't know, I don't care, not my problem. 

I try to take the time to send a congrats when someone gets a mastery or in other ways has a really good game and I have never once wasted my time to send mail with insults and hate. I'm not into the whole send in a ticket and get get someone in trouble with mommy kind of thing. It would be much easier if I could just turn it off.

ill settle for blacklist, where do I find it ?

Never Mind I Found It. I never dropped down that menu before. This could work. Thanks.

Edited by BluesAllDay, 08 October 2017 - 03:55 AM.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

ChitFromChinola #45 Posted 07 October 2017 - 05:47 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39604 battles
  • [FLOOP]

Hey, tell us about life in Minsk sometime.

What is it like in the office? What kind of car do you drive? Does it need any spare parts? What’s for lunch? Do you watch Game of Thrones? Do you have Starbuck’s?

You know, all of the important questions about those things that give life meaning . . .

Edited by ChitFromChinola, 07 October 2017 - 05:49 PM.

RibbIeStripe #46 Posted 09 October 2017 - 08:26 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostDrFerd, on 06 October 2017 - 10:48 PM, said:

Are there any intentions of adding some speed bumps, aka "hills" to Himmelsdorf? There's a convenient one just to the east of the banana red-line that you could add by sacrificing some of the excessive train tracks on the other side. Just asking for a friend who used to like TDs.

Maps get redesigned if there's something wrong with them in gameplay or balance terms. So no, we have no intentions to add more hills to Himmelsdorf.

View PostChitFromChinola, on 07 October 2017 - 08:47 PM, said:

Hey, tell us about life in Minsk sometime.

What is it like in the office? What kind of car do you drive? Does it need any spare parts? What’s for lunch? Do you watch Game of Thrones? Do you have Starbuck’s?

You know, all of the important questions about those things that give life meaning . . .

Hey! Thx for the questions )

Our office is quite large - just type WG Minsk Office in google images and you'll see it. Really enjoy working here. 

About a month ago i got my first car - Hyundai Accent. It doesn't need anything so far - everything is just fine )

For lunch we have traditional meals - nothing special but tasty indeed.

I don't watch Game of Thrones. Can't explain why but i never wanted to...

We don't have Starbuck's here ((( There are some speculations that they plan to bring their business here. So we just wait and hope it will happen. 

Jn74612001 #47 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:01 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 580 battles
  • [CPDH]
I have a question: do you WoT staff actually play the game? Because it doesn't seem like it. You do know you have to actually get the full experience of a game that you're making before you change something?

RibbIeStripe #48 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:47 AM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostJn74612001, on 09 October 2017 - 01:01 PM, said:

I have a question: do you WoT staff actually play the game? Because it doesn't seem like it. You do know you have to actually get the full experience of a game that you're making before you change something?

We do.

dayton07277 #49 Posted 09 October 2017 - 10:52 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 11431 battles
  • [CROWN]

View PostBluesAllDay, on 05 October 2017 - 09:49 AM, said:

Hello and welcome. I too have a question. 

Is it possible to turn off the mailbox?

im tired of the hate mail after a battle. Thanks.

Stop losing or deal with it.

ReroIl #50 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:15 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 704 battles
  • [REROL]
Glad to have another friendly face on community team! Welcome!!
[/Your IQ is insufficient.

SpartacusDiablo #51 Posted 09 October 2017 - 01:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]
A serious question. Why are tanks not tested for balance better before being implemented in game? Much of the unhappiness of your playerbase comes from rather drastic nerfs to tanks that players earn. In many cases players spend real money to unlock tanks only to have them nerfed at a later date.  While okay under the rules of the EULA it is not well received by your playerbase. Your design team should be able to test and realize that features such as the T49A autolock feature on PC was unfair, that the IS-7 side armor was a bit much, or that the T49 shouldn't ammo rack every tank it hits.  A vetting process should be better implemented so that these over performing tanks are properly balanced before being implemented in game.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." 

George Carlin

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 

thederpening #52 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7178 battles
  • [TQRH]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 09 October 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

We do.

Do any of the staff play the the T95 or the French Heavies that got nerfed to death in 4.2?

RibbIeStripe #53 Posted 09 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 09 October 2017 - 04:28 PM, said:

A serious question. Why are tanks not tested for balance better before being implemented in game? Much of the unhappiness of your playerbase comes from rather drastic nerfs to tanks that players earn. In many cases players spend real money to unlock tanks only to have them nerfed at a later date. While okay under the rules of the EULA it is not well received by your playerbase. Your design team should be able to test and realize that features such as the T49A autolock feature on PC was unfair, that the IS-7 side armor was a bit much, or that the T49 shouldn't ammo rack every tank it hits. A vetting process should be better implemented so that these over performing tanks are properly balanced before being implemented in game.

Every tank passes preliminary tests before release. But sometimes it's not enough - sometimes only random battles can show whether preliminary balancing was correct. If not we have to make necessary adjustments. 

View Postthederpening, on 09 October 2017 - 05:06 PM, said:

Do any of the staff play the the T95 or the French Heavies that got nerfed to death in 4.2?

Yep. And we consider our impressions with overall stats - this is how it works.

thederpening #54 Posted 09 October 2017 - 03:51 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7178 battles
  • [TQRH]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 09 October 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

Every tank passes preliminary tests before release. But sometimes it's not enough - sometimes only random battles can show whether preliminary balancing was correct. If not we have to make necessary adjustments. 

I'm super curious then, what justified the nerfs to the T95 was it really performing that much better than other tier 9 tds? 

ahredstealth #55 Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:29 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18235 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 09 October 2017 - 08:45 AM, said:

Do any of the preliminary tests a tank is put through before being released look at game play?

Or just overall profit?

Examples:

"Boy the camo on that tank looks great!  4,000 gold may not be enough, we had better look into that."
"If we put heavy armor on this medium tank, give it a great gun, and it still has decent mobility that kinda breaks the game at it's tier, we can charge more and people will still buy it!"

"We should put limited time only under this tank, so people will feel compelled to buy it, and then we can sell it again three months from now with the same limited time only under it, and the new folks will also be compelled to buy it!"

Versus:

"Did you see how the large clip size of the Leo is really wrecking the game?  How did we not see that?  We should probably adjust it before this goes live."
"The new American tank can't pen the KV-1.  Anywhere.  Even with premium rounds. That can't be correct can it?  We should fix that before the game goes live.  The KV-1 is arguably the most popular Tier 5 tank in the game, it will destroy the balance of the new tank line."

Or even:

"Did you guys notice that the new shop option lets you buy the IS-6 Fearless?  We should probably make certain you can't do that before the update gets pushed out.  That will cause a lot of issues."

Just curious.

Thanks!  

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

_The_Tactition_ #56 Posted 09 October 2017 - 07:46 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15414 battles
  • [FOE]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 09 October 2017 - 10:47 AM, said:

We do.

You just made me laugh so hard. If you played the game like we do you'd balance it better.

It is always Hammer Time! 

itsnotpersonal #57 Posted 09 October 2017 - 09:46 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23159 battles
  • [ASYLM]
Welcome aboard.

ASYLUM

____SeekNDestroy #58 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:24 AM

Prammo is cheap

• Players
  • 25213 battles
  • [FLOOP]
This went down hill real fast.

wannabeunicum #59 Posted 10 October 2017 - 06:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22145 battles
  • [-AFK-]

View PostRibbIeStripe, on 09 October 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

What exactly caused the amx 50 100 nerf?

There were maybe 10 players in our entire server that overperformed. The rest of the players had an above avg dmg potential but that makes sense considering low view range and low camo and low armor.

SGT_WARWEASEL #60 Posted 11 October 2017 - 03:31 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5576 battles
  • [101A]

View PostMSixteen, on 05 October 2017 - 02:34 PM, said:

Ha. We’re all  always so optimistic when a new member of forum staff comes along like they’re actually gonna listen to what we need or say, and then it goes great for like a week and then radio silence...

no worries man. He came to tell us who he was n how he was gonna make a change. Soon he will come back n tell us what we like how we like to do it n why we like it. Maybe ading a statement like. You should try the new vindicator tank when it arrives. You find whole new lvl of competing 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users