HESH Centurion 7/1 Cent 7/1 Cent 7/1

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

mikicab #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17130 battles
  • [MOM7]

Is blitz determined to ruin the Cent 7/1. Just got back the HESH and they are nerfing it form 210 Pen to 170 Pen. Your at T9 for God Sake can't any tank that is not Russian have anything nice?. The tank is not your normal med already.  It is big and slowish and meh armor with great gun handling and HESH. It is a big learning curve to learn when to use HESH and you can loose that shot in the split second switching ammo. I just got a low roll last game I played when I switched to HESH and instead of hitting the back of a tank I hit the edge of the tracks as it turned getting a whopping 71 damage. That split second to make the decision and switch ammo is what makes HESH the thinking Tankers Ammo.  

Well I am done with my rant but not happy about the HESH nerf.  I can handle the Reload nerf but the HESH nerf is one more reason why I am loosing interest in this game. Just not fun anymore.

Edited by mikicab, 14 October 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Player_5773117413 #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]
I think the reload nerf is worse. Having two very good types of premium ammo loaded per game is a tad bit unfair. 170mm will still suffice to punch through the back of just about any tank and the sides on many tanks.

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Must preserve post count. Sorry guys :\

Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club

YourTypicalNoob #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10784 battles
  • [-7-]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

I think the reload nerf is worse. Having two very good types of premium ammo loaded per game is a tad bit unfair. 170mm will still suffice to punch through the back of just about any tank and the sides on many tanks.

Agreed. Less than 6rpm on a med is nonsense (But it is wg!) There’s no point in going past the comet in this line. The tier 7 comet has more dpm than its 2 tier higher brother. Pathetic

tedg5 #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 33173 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Stupid nerf. :P

mikicab #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17130 battles
  • [MOM7]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

The HESH has a learning curve because you can get terrible damage if you don't use it right.  You have to put yourself in the right situation to use it. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, Cent 7/1 has some of the worst stats for DPM without HESH and some of the best DPM with HESH.  In actuality it is only probably somewhere in the middle because your never firing HESH all the time and your not always getting big rolls of damage when you do.  But I get your case that the ROF is subpar but the HESH made up for that IMO but does not anymore because you will not get more subpar rolls of damage.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4984 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostYourTypicalNoob, on 10 October 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

Agreed. Less than 6rpm on a med is nonsense (But it is wg!) There’s no point in going past the comet in this line. The tier 7 comet has more dpm than its 2 tier higher brother. Pathetic

The Comet will essentially have the same DPM as the 4202 now.

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result. It will be very much worth your time! Some satisfied customers:

"T'was worth the read, but I shall never read it again. You have amazing writing skills, though. Teach me how to writeeeeee!" -you happy now?!?! HUH!?!?

"lol, googled succulent chins. It was worth it"

"10/10 wouldn't read again"

Darkest_Flame #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11854 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

This ^^^^

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 24324 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postmikicab, on 10 October 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The HESH has a learning curve because you can get terrible damage if you don't use it right.  You have to put yourself in the right situation to use it. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, Cent 7/1 has some of the worst stats for DPM without HESH and some of the best DPM with HESH.  In actuality it is only probably somewhere in the middle because your never firing HESH all the time and your not always getting big rolls of damage when you do.  But I get your case that the ROF is subpar but the HESH made up for that IMO but does not anymore because you will not get more subpar rolls of damage.

it did make up for it but that was a while back, when the mk7/1 was moreso a damage machine rather than a well-rounded med. When it got HEAT, it became capable of taking on tougher tanks head on, but it lost some of its damage capability. Getting. Back both was nice but I get where WG is coming from. The conqueror, the three FV's, and the cent mk7/1 are all unique in the fact that their HE rounds have relatively high pen in comparisson to all the other he rounds in the game. But these rounds are more of a secondary ability, a gimmick, an appetizer, rather than the main course. In three of those fives cases, they are premium ammunition and no tank should have to completely rely on prammo to succeed, otherwise that's a real play 2 win.

HEAT makes the mk7/1 a competent med. HESH is a nice kicker for when the situation is right, but the centurion's role is evolving and WG has to limit its capability somewhere. Is it the end of HESH? Not entirely. If the conqueror can make some use of its HE rounds then the faster centurion can do even more with the higher pen. Lights flock the high tiers and Leo's keep the train going all the way up till 10. 

To each their own, but I think that the HESH nerf would have sufficed by itself. WG stepped on everything else trying to reach for one flower in this case. Hoping the gun depression and gun mantlet will still suffice to keep the tank usable after today.

Finished...a buncha Tier 10s. Effff it, I only got 10 fingers. Lost count after that...there's only a few missing

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Must preserve post count. Sorry guys :\

Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club

mikicab #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17130 battles
  • [MOM7]

Edited by mikicab, 14 October 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Senor_Sycopath #10 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11955 battles
  • [RDDT2]
I agree with you so much bro, they even did they same to Tier X FV4202! WG frustrates us high tier British players because the never make up their minds on them, #StopBullyingCent7/1andFV4202 The shells are super expensive too, and the only good characteristics on those two tanks are(were) the guns, as their armor and speed are pretty bad. If you have common sense, you should agree with me. I'm not egotistical.

Also tagged with HESH, Centurion 7/1, Cent 7/1, Cent, 7/1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users