HESH Centurion 7/1 Cent 7/1 Cent 7/1

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

mikicab #1 Posted 10 October 2017 - 04:16 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [MOM7]

Is blitz determined to ruin the Cent 7/1. Just got back the HESH and they are nerfing it form 210 Pen to 170 Pen. Your at T9 for God Sake can't any tank that is not Russian have anything nice?. The tank is not your normal med already.  It is big and slowish and meh armor with great gun handling and HESH. It is a big learning curve to learn when to use HESH and you can loose that shot in the split second switching ammo. I just got a low roll last game I played when I switched to HESH and instead of hitting the back of a tank I hit the edge of the tracks as it turned getting a whopping 71 damage. That split second to make the decision and switch ammo is what makes HESH the thinking Tankers Ammo.  

Well I am done with my rant but not happy about the HESH nerf.  I can handle the Reload nerf but the HESH nerf is one more reason why I am loosing interest in this game. Just not fun anymore.

Edited by mikicab, 14 October 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Player_5773117413 #2 Posted 10 October 2017 - 05:14 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 25695 battles
  • [IRD]
I think the reload nerf is worse. Having two very good types of premium ammo loaded per game is a tad bit unfair. 170mm will still suffice to punch through the back of just about any tank and the sides on many tanks.

Many Tier 10s Already Researched, Many Tier 10s I Won't Bother to Research. Just going for DeathStar before its nerf

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club     Nvrmnd, Going for 7,777 posts first!

Hey WG, can we get those ATGMs for the MBT-70 now?

YourTypicalNoob #3 Posted 10 October 2017 - 10:56 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11727 battles
  • [-7-]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 12:14 AM, said:

I think the reload nerf is worse. Having two very good types of premium ammo loaded per game is a tad bit unfair. 170mm will still suffice to punch through the back of just about any tank and the sides on many tanks.

Agreed. Less than 6rpm on a med is nonsense (But it is wg!) There’s no point in going past the comet in this line. The tier 7 comet has more dpm than its 2 tier higher brother. Pathetic

tedg5 #4 Posted 10 October 2017 - 11:44 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 35703 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Stupid nerf. :P

mikicab #5 Posted 10 October 2017 - 01:39 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [MOM7]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 05:14 AM, said:

The HESH has a learning curve because you can get terrible damage if you don't use it right.  You have to put yourself in the right situation to use it. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, Cent 7/1 has some of the worst stats for DPM without HESH and some of the best DPM with HESH.  In actuality it is only probably somewhere in the middle because your never firing HESH all the time and your not always getting big rolls of damage when you do.  But I get your case that the ROF is subpar but the HESH made up for that IMO but does not anymore because you will not get more subpar rolls of damage.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #6 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6273 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostYourTypicalNoob, on 10 October 2017 - 04:56 AM, said:

Agreed. Less than 6rpm on a med is nonsense (But it is wg!) There’s no point in going past the comet in this line. The tier 7 comet has more dpm than its 2 tier higher brother. Pathetic

The Comet will essentially have the same DPM as the 4202 now.

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result. It will be very much worth your time! Some satisfied customers:

"T'was worth the read, but I shall never read it again. You have amazing writing skills, though. Teach me how to writeeeeee!" -you happy now?!?! HUH!?!?

"lol, googled succulent chins. It was worth it"

"10/10 wouldn't read again"

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Darkest_Flame #7 Posted 10 October 2017 - 02:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 13026 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View PostPlayer_5773117413, on 10 October 2017 - 01:14 AM, said:

This ^^^^

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

Player_5773117413 #8 Posted 11 October 2017 - 05:55 AM

Professional Tinfoil Hatter

• Players
  • 25695 battles
  • [IRD]

View Postmikicab, on 10 October 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

The HESH has a learning curve because you can get terrible damage if you don't use it right.  You have to put yourself in the right situation to use it. I believe, correct me if I am wrong, Cent 7/1 has some of the worst stats for DPM without HESH and some of the best DPM with HESH.  In actuality it is only probably somewhere in the middle because your never firing HESH all the time and your not always getting big rolls of damage when you do.  But I get your case that the ROF is subpar but the HESH made up for that IMO but does not anymore because you will not get more subpar rolls of damage.

it did make up for it but that was a while back, when the mk7/1 was moreso a damage machine rather than a well-rounded med. When it got HEAT, it became capable of taking on tougher tanks head on, but it lost some of its damage capability. Getting. Back both was nice but I get where WG is coming from. The conqueror, the three FV's, and the cent mk7/1 are all unique in the fact that their HE rounds have relatively high pen in comparisson to all the other he rounds in the game. But these rounds are more of a secondary ability, a gimmick, an appetizer, rather than the main course. In three of those fives cases, they are premium ammunition and no tank should have to completely rely on prammo to succeed, otherwise that's a real play 2 win.

HEAT makes the mk7/1 a competent med. HESH is a nice kicker for when the situation is right, but the centurion's role is evolving and WG has to limit its capability somewhere. Is it the end of HESH? Not entirely. If the conqueror can make some use of its HE rounds then the faster centurion can do even more with the higher pen. Lights flock the high tiers and Leo's keep the train going all the way up till 10. 

To each their own, but I think that the HESH nerf would have sufficed by itself. WG stepped on everything else trying to reach for one flower in this case. Hoping the gun depression and gun mantlet will still suffice to keep the tank usable after today.

Many Tier 10s Already Researched, Many Tier 10s I Won't Bother to Research. Just going for DeathStar before its nerf

Just another demo account, nothing to see here

Done Posting. Joining Stealy in the ex-forumer club     Nvrmnd, Going for 7,777 posts first!

Hey WG, can we get those ATGMs for the MBT-70 now?

mikicab #9 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:33 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 19140 battles
  • [MOM7]

Edited by mikicab, 14 October 2017 - 01:03 AM.

Senor_Sycopath #10 Posted 14 October 2017 - 06:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 14968 battles
  • [RDDT2]
I agree with you so much bro, they even did they same to Tier X FV4202! WG frustrates us high tier British players because the never make up their minds on them, #StopBullyingCent7/1andFV4202 The shells are super expensive too, and the only good characteristics on those two tanks are(were) the guns, as their armor and speed are pretty bad. If you have common sense, you should agree with me. I'm not egotistical.

Christsean123 #11 Posted 02 November 2017 - 03:29 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5727 battles
  • [MOM7]

I’m a subpar Cent 7/1 driver, but I loved playing it. Now, I can’t because it’s standard round does less damage than tier 7 mediums (slight exaggeration). If I can get to a good position at 40kph and get my HESH to pop every shot, I will get the same damage as comparable tier 9 mediums (no exaggeration). This isn’t possible for me, so bye-bye fun tier 9 tank. 

Im working on my light tank flanking game to hopefully be decent enough to play my Cent 7/1 again in the future. I’d love to get some feedback from players that still know how to eek out destruction from it still. I’d love some good tips to play this tank again. 

I’ve got an O-47 with Mecha Phoenix camo parked in my garage. ~ Hater’s Player

I’m still suffering from the transgressions of my noobhood. ~ 47%er

I buy tanks so you don’t have to. ~ Certified Wallet 

I got nothing for Black Friday ~ ChristSean

SanguinaryDan #12 Posted 02 November 2017 - 11:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7400 battles
  • [PINT]

This may or may not help you @Christsean, but I’m going to try this as soon as the servers come back on line.

What about driving the 7/1 the same way you’d drive a bottom tier T29?  Admittedly the turret isn’t quite as bouncy, but in many other ways they have the same issues.  Basically you’ll find a hull down location almost on the flank of your other tanks and put shots into anything that tries to COD them or get behind all of you.  We know the Centurion can’t lead the charge because of its tragically weak hull.  So it’s always been a second line tank.  This way you should actually be able to support the team and still score good damage.

If the rumors about Calibrated Shells giving HESH a 10% pen buff in 4.4 are true the 7/1 will become even more effective in this role.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

TengenToppaPotatoLagann #13 Posted 02 November 2017 - 12:28 PM

ᵐʸ ʰᵉˢʰ ʷᶦᶫᶫ ᵖᶦᵉʳᶜᵉ ᵗʰᵉ ʰᵉᵃᵛᵉᶰˢ﹗

• Players
  • 46270 battles
  • [RNSF]

to combat the pay to win aspect, i would've rather wg made hesh the standard ammo at 220, then given a 278 pen apcr round for prammo.

it's hard to say the tanks would struggle without heat, the patton and e50 still get by fine with low ap pen and apcr, this would just be slightly different. 

logically i feel like it makes more sense for the alphas to be scaled like that anyway, with hesh being more devastating to many targets than a single penetrator. 

it's not like the british loaded heat, anyways(iirc). 

canine prints have claw marks, mans best friend camo does not; mans best friend is cat.

Christsean123 #14 Posted 03 November 2017 - 12:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5727 battles
  • [MOM7]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 02 November 2017 - 11:40 AM, said:

This may or may not help you @Christsean, but I’m going to try this as soon as the servers come back on line.

What about driving the 7/1 the same way you’d drive a bottom tier T29?  Admittedly the turret isn’t quite as bouncy, but in many other ways they have the same issues.  Basically you’ll find a hull down location almost on the flank of your other tanks and put shots into anything that tries to COD them or get behind all of you.  We know the Centurion can’t lead the charge because of its tragically weak hull.  So it’s always been a second line tank.  This way you should actually be able to support the team and still score good damage.

If the rumors about Calibrated Shells giving HESH a 10% pen buff in 4.4 are true the 7/1 will become even more effective in this role.

Thanks for the feedback. That’s what I enjoy about the Cent. It’s a great support tank that can make shots with its good gun depression. I once brawled with a T54 driver that was a better tanker than me. We met in the flanks with full health and duked it out. I was able to beat him because we had similar DPM at the time. All it took was a well timed bounce and I got the last shot. Total engagement lasted long enough for my entire team to get deleted. I was met with 3 reds before I could reload again.

Point of my pontification was the Cent 7/1 won’t be able to handle an engagement like that with its poor AP DPM numbers. HESH wasn’t an option in that situation due to the frontal shots and split second shot opportunities. I hope WG restores the AP effectiveness back to the Cent for this reason. I will certainly try it out soon to see if I can still play it.

Thanks again.

I’ve got an O-47 with Mecha Phoenix camo parked in my garage. ~ Hater’s Player

I’m still suffering from the transgressions of my noobhood. ~ 47%er

I buy tanks so you don’t have to. ~ Certified Wallet 

I got nothing for Black Friday ~ ChristSean

Also tagged with HESH, Centurion 7/1, Cent 7/1, Cent, 7/1

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users