Is the Centurion 7/1 (or even the FV 4202) still viable?

British Tanks

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Yuno_Gasai__ #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 02:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5830 battles
  • [O_C_S]

Being a fan of the top tier British tanks, especially the Centurion 7/1 made me get used to the way of how it's played. The HESH was the round that made these tanks. However, with Update 4.3, all seemed lost for the British Tanks with the penetration of HESH reduced to 170mm and the reload time being at 10+ seconds. But the question is, will it still be useful? And how are we supposed to shoot HESH with the nerfs?

My Youtube Channel: KunieOG 
"YUNO 3:16 SAYS I JUST TORE YOUR LIMBS"
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZzQthRQ

_CH3F #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 03:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 59777 battles
  • [L0VED]
I'm so sick and tired of seeing nerf and buffs and nerds and buffs and nerfs and buffs for the Brit line. So many other tanks in the game need attention. Leave these Brit tanks alone and do something about my jagaroo gun accuracy. Why does jag gun feel more Russian then German? Buff the travers as well. There's bigger guns in the game but yet jag gets no love. 

MisssMe #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:03 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35205 battles
FV4202 was over powered, is what WG said; but I didn't see anyone using it in the Twister Cup qualifiers. Now it has the third worst DPM at tier X, but the other two have armor (heavys), The only thing that made the 7/1 was its HESH, now with the 20% reduction in pen its bad, seems to be worst than before when they started the buff/nerf cycle on it. I would recommend stay away till they get BUFFed again, when ever that might be.

TeruzukiKaiNi #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 04:53 PM

AMX Baguette Launcher

• Players
  • 14736 battles
  • [COD-R]

View PostYuno_Gasai__, on 12 October 2017 - 06:54 AM, said:

Being a fan of the top tier British tanks, especially the Centurion 7/1 made me get used to the way of how it's played. The HESH was the round that made these tanks. However, with Update 4.3, all seemed lost for the British Tanks with the penetration of HESH reduced to 170mm and the reload time being at 10+ seconds. But the question is, will it still be useful? And how are we supposed to shoot HESH with the nerfs?

The nerfs are stupid. I've been following twister cup for years, not one used an FV 4202. Stats show that the FV 4202 comes no where close to highest damage average. Centurion is still ok, but it didn't need the nerf at all. 4202, good bye. I will miss you, if WG buffs you again I might rebuy 

Officer of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Boosters ruined the game.

Yuno_Gasai__ #5 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:34 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 5830 battles
  • [O_C_S]

View PostiEatChickenMcNuggets, on 13 October 2017 - 12:53 AM, said:

The nerfs are stupid. I've been following twister cup for years, not one used an FV 4202. Stats show that the FV 4202 comes no where close to highest damage average. Centurion is still ok, but it didn't need the nerf at all. 4202, good bye. I will miss you, if WG buffs you again I might rebuy 

Probably they'll leave it as is. Maybe if WG becomes too "generous", they'll bring back the cheap HESH.

View PostMisssMe, on 13 October 2017 - 12:03 AM, said:

FV4202 was over powered, is what WG said; but I didn't see anyone using it in the Twister Cup qualifiers. Now it has the third worst DPM at tier X, but the other two have armor (heavys), The only thing that made the 7/1 was its HESH, now with the 20% reduction in pen its bad, seems to be worst than before when they started the buff/nerf cycle on it. I would recommend stay away till they get BUFFed again, when ever that might be.

The FV isn't overpowered. It's fine as is. Heck, the turret armor isn't as good as in the Centurion since it doesn't have a mantlet.

View Post_CH3F, on 12 October 2017 - 11:08 PM, said:

I'm so sick and tired of seeing nerf and buffs and nerds and buffs and nerfs and buffs for the Brit line. So many other tanks in the game need attention. Leave these Brit tanks alone and do something about my jagaroo gun accuracy. Why does jag gun feel more Russian then German? Buff the travers as well. There's bigger guns in the game but yet jag gets no love. 

Well the British has been going in back and forth for nerfs and buffs. The only way I'll stop playing my Centurion is if they'll remove the HESH and replace it with Cheap HESH and they reduced the penetration of it to oblivion and reduced the top speed to 35.

My Youtube Channel: KunieOG 
"YUNO 3:16 SAYS I JUST TORE YOUR LIMBS"
Discord Server: https://discord.gg/ZzQthRQ

reluctanttheist #6 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:18 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25695 battles
  • [III-H]
Just started my Cent 7/1 grind and I must say, it's not too bad.  Gun depression is great, and it snap shoots like a boss.  It's bad for flat maps.  Not sure if I'll get the FV4202 - I'll research it but WG has not given it the correct turret armor - the armor above and beside the gun is at least 90mm less than it is in real life (120mm in-game vs over 200 on the real tank).  170mm is still a lot of pen for an non-AP shell so I dunno what to say... I guess it was even more glorious before?

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

NitroTheCreator #7 Posted 05 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

Bow Down Before Me

• Players
  • 40248 battles
  • [CYCLN]

Centurion 7/1 is still great. Still don’t understand why the F they keep messing with the HESH on these tanks.

FV202 is uncompetitive, better off playing something else, still isn’t bad, just not worth playing anymore since they keep changing the HESH 

Also tagged with British Tanks

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users