Ideas to make WOTB more immersive

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

Cletusrocks_ap #1 Posted 12 October 2017 - 08:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10305 battles
  • [CTIRE]

I figured I'd start a thread where everyone could post their own ideas on how to make this game a more immersive experience.  One thing I do is to use a bluetooth speaker and put it between my legs.  That way, when I shoot, my nards vibrate.  It's just more realistic.

_Sterben_ #2 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:09 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 4384 battles
  • [MASHU]

I shake aggressively in my chair, cause you know WW2 Tanks are rough and bumpy

or having 2 Guys shaking you aggressively 

I'm Back, it was a Fun Vacation in the Abyss

iEatChickenMcNuggets #3 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:13 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10050 battles
  • [MAHOU]

Damage indicator, with hits as well

HD graphics

Engine sounds

Better gun sounds

Better MM

Larger maps and battles

SilverLion468 #4 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:24 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5179 battles
  • [AWING]

Make the in-game environment more reactive.  Shoot the black oil tanks in Copperfield today, and they blow up.  But they don't splash damage the tank hiding behind them or cover him in burning oil.  It would be cool to be able to hide in buildings, knock down a bridge to channel enemy movement, drop a water tower on a bad guy, etc.

AOT_Jaeger2 #5 Posted 12 October 2017 - 09:32 PM

Grand Emperor of Derpenburg

• Players
  • 11313 battles
  • [ASLAN]

International Crew Voices. 

Garage: T7 CC, R35, T-15, ELC AMX, S35 ÇA, AMX 12t, KV-2, SU-100Y, T23E3, AMX 13 75, VK 45.02 A

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

I used to be a tanker like you, so young and full of life...

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #6 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4984 battles
  • [COD-R]

I do not think that fixing a track instantly by pressing a button is realistic enough for my taste. Therefore, I perform this following procedure whenever my tracks are disabled:

1. I buy the same tank that I am driving in-game from a real-world tank dealership.

2. I place some high explosive on the drive wheel and set it off in order to destroy the track.

3. I labor hard for several hours, manually fixing the destroyed drive wheel and track. I make sure to weld the debris back together and replace the axles driving the wheel. Here, I make sure to vigorously exercise while doing so in order to work up a gushing sweat, because in a real tank battle the crew members fixing the track will have begun sweating, nervous that they are about to be killed while outside of the protection of the tank.

4. To test if I have sufficiently fixed the drive wheel, I jump into the driver's seat of my tank and drive it for at least an hour. To simulate a real battlefield experience, I trespass on a US military base, so that they will begin firing live ammunition at me in an attempt to annihilate my tank. From this little drive, I can tell how well my previously destroyed track functions. 

5. Once I am completely satisfied with the performance of the previously destroyed track, I leave the tank and head back into my house. Then, and only then, will I allow myself to press the Repair Kit button in Blitz, because I know that my track has been repaired in a historically accurate fashion.

Google "succulent chins" and click on the first result. It will be very much worth your time! Some satisfied customers:

"T'was worth the read, but I shall never read it again. You have amazing writing skills, though. Teach me how to writeeeeee!" -you happy now?!?! HUH!?!?

"lol, googled succulent chins. It was worth it"

"10/10 wouldn't read again"

_OSIRIS #7 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:12 PM

something

• Players
  • 21749 battles
  • [501DV]
I want to be able to use VR to look around. That'd be amazing

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry

SpartacusDiablo #8 Posted 12 October 2017 - 10:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8187 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostCletusrocks_ap, on 12 October 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

I figured I'd start a thread where everyone could post their own ideas on how to make this game a more immersive experience.  One thing I do is to use a bluetooth speaker and put it between my legs.  That way, when I shoot, my nards vibrate.  It's just more realistic.

Anything that makes my "nards vibrate" is "A" okay in my book!:medal:

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." 

George Carlin

Support your neighborhood scout

​#FixTheFury 

outersketcher #9 Posted 12 October 2017 - 11:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10693 battles
  • [COD-R]

I place our largest boiling pan over my head while a play a battle. And I give my littlest daughter a large, steel spoon. Then I tell her that whenever I get hit in the game, to give the pan a solid wallop with the spoon. 

"GONG-G-G-G-G-G!!!!!"

She's really into it. Realism rocks man..

DamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamageDamage....

Apple_Pen #10 Posted 13 October 2017 - 12:30 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2494 battles
  • [FLEET]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 12 October 2017 - 10:06 PM, said:

I do not think that fixing a track instantly by pressing a button is realistic enough for my taste. Therefore, I perform this following procedure whenever my tracks are disabled:

1. I buy the same tank that I am driving in-game from a real-world tank dealership.

2. I place some high explosive on the drive wheel and set it off in order to destroy the track.

3. I labor hard for several hours, manually fixing the destroyed drive wheel and track. I make sure to weld the debris back together and replace the axles driving the wheel. Here, I make sure to vigorously exercise while doing so in order to work up a gushing sweat, because in a real tank battle the crew members fixing the track will have begun sweating, nervous that they are about to be killed while outside of the protection of the tank.

4. To test if I have sufficiently fixed the drive wheel, I jump into the driver's seat of my tank and drive it for at least an hour. To simulate a real battlefield experience, I trespass on a US military base, so that they will begin firing live ammunition at me in an attempt to annihilate my tank. From this little drive, I can tell how well my previously destroyed track functions. 

5. Once I am completely satisfied with the performance of the previously destroyed track, I leave the tank and head back into my house. Then, and only then, will I allow myself to press the Repair Kit button in Blitz, because I know that my track has been repaired in a historically accurate fashion.

:izmena:

"Warhammer 40k - Garbagedozer and Garbagebox"

-WG, Best Joke 2017 || Its funny how they expect players to invest time/money in those tanks... Its even more hilarious that some players will invest not only time, but also money in these... what a joke...

Spoiler

djhiz #11 Posted 13 October 2017 - 01:17 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11033 battles
  • [T-T-T]
This is an extremely small thing that bugs me more than it should... Why can't we get a sound effect of the shell sliding into the breech!? All we get as of now is a click indicating we're ready to fire. I'd just love to get the satisfaction of hearing a 152mm shell being laboriously loaded by my crew.

"Common sense is not so common"

- Voltaire Jingles

MarBearCat #12 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:31 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 19863 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postoutersketcher, on 12 October 2017 - 06:14 PM, said:

I place our largest boiling pan over my head while a play a battle. And I give my littlest daughter a large, steel spoon. Then I tell her that whenever I get hit in the game, to give the pan a solid wallop with the spoon. 

"GONG-G-G-G-G-G!!!!!"

:D

MarBearCat #13 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:32 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 19863 battles
  • [SDWA]
I say when your tank gets one-shotted, full hit point destruction in a single blast, your phone explodes! :hiding:

Godzillacus #14 Posted 13 October 2017 - 02:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 17956 battles
  • [SAD21]

View PostCletusrocks_ap, on 12 October 2017 - 08:54 PM, said:

I had given up hope on humanity until this post........

minitel_NA #15 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:17 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 393 battles
  • [EUREF]

Playing The IS-3 with Russian crew voice.

as someone mentioned, have someone shake you aggressively while playing.

also buying a used Sherman (even a wreck would do ) and playing your M4 while siting  inside - WiFi signal might not be great but you can set your router directly inside as well.

Minitelrose visiting from EU, occasional player/forumer in the NA

ShootinSabot #16 Posted 13 October 2017 - 04:35 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9921 battles
  • [SPUDX]

View Postoutersketcher, on 12 October 2017 - 04:14 PM, said:

"GONG-G-G-G-G-G!!!!!"

I like it but I don’t think you are going far enough. Get a 50 gallon drum, sit inside on a very short stool, cut a 2” by 6” hole just below a comfortable eye level, put a remote 4” by 12” remote display outside, put the lid on then  have her hit the drum with a sledge hammer every time you fire. When you get hit she knocks the drum over then hits both the lid and the bottom with sledgehammers. When you get destroyed she pours gasoline inside and sets it on fire while you try to get out of escape hatch in the bottom of the barrel. I grant you that your daughter may require some mechanical assistance but it will definitely make the game more immersive. 

Flinger of Taters

NateDawg2k16 #17 Posted 13 October 2017 - 08:21 PM

All Hail Dogface, The Great One

• Players
  • 8807 battles
  • [META]
Whenever my driver is dead, I like to shoot myself to the point where I die, and then heal myself beyond the grave. Then I heal my driver 

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have.

"Never hold in your farts.  They travel up your spine into your brain, and that's where all the crappy ideas come from."

- Boris

I BEAT THE NUMBER EIGHT CHAFEE PLAYER WHEN THEY WERENT NUMBER 8

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users