• Please log in to reply
70 replies to this topic

4sfield #61 Posted 06 November 2017 - 06:50 AM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 24714 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post4sfield, on 06 November 2017 - 01:50 AM, said:

Bushka isn’t the know all be all...but he’s close.

_Stealy is though. (No offense you promo guys)

There are still some good players that are playing. I have nothing against any of them. I just want all of the guys that have quit to come back.

I miss R0CKET.

Bushka isn’t the know all be all...but he’s close.

_Stealy is though. (No offense you pramo guys)

There are still some good players that are playing. I have nothing against any of them. I just want all of the guys that have quit to come back.

I miss R0CKET.

Edited by 4sfield, 06 November 2017 - 06:51 AM.

Saksham_Limbu #62 Posted 06 November 2017 - 04:20 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 170 battles

Personally try and avoid  playing in tier VIII to X because that's where the experienced players play at and expect you to have learnt some of the mechanics in the game.

Want to have fun then play at tier IV to VII  less rage and is pretty chill but you will get the occasional "noob" in the chat.

Edited by Saksham_Limbu, 06 November 2017 - 04:21 PM.

Relax The Hentai Master is here!  Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD) 

Owner of Stug III

"A country without people is not a country, The country does not make the people it's the people that make the country"- Saksham Limbu  Tanks in garage: Lowe, SU 100Y, T23E3, Chi-Ha, Vindicator UM (My NA account is just to play for fun).

EU Tank garage: KV-1 Dedicated Warrior, The Princess (Churchill Mk VII), Pz IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, T7 Combat car, T18, Pz S35, BT 7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light, Crusader TGS 2017, Cromwell Full Forward & TGS 2017, Centurion Mk I and Mk 7/1.

christian1470 #63 Posted 06 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34727 battles
  • [III-H]
Why is this thread still going?

___DEAN #64 Posted 07 November 2017 - 04:54 AM

~=(C/A=|Republic=~

• Players
  • 21486 battles
  • [ATLS]
The main reason good players get mad at poor players is because they spent so much effort in trying to carry the team only to be let down by aweful teammates. This doesnt excuse so much negativity, but there you have it. I'm no super unicum, I'm barely over %60; and while I personally almost never rage, in real life I've broken an iPhone etc in rage. If you want some tips, listen to those that posted already: watch Bushka's vids and learn, stay out of higher tiers until you get better, let the pros cap if needed and try to learn to be less aggressive. Aggression without skill is just yoloing. You say you just want to have fun, well, try playing more tiers 5 and lower. How is that not fun? How is winning not fun? Anyways, I hope you do continue to have fun but hope you don't yolo or ruin the match for other people. There is indeed a lot of negativity, so you do have a point. But others in this thread also have valid points/suggestions. See you on the battlefield! 07

Tanks:

BluesAllDay #65 Posted 12 November 2017 - 11:34 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles
  • [SRV]

View PostBlackDogD, on 25 October 2017 - 08:01 PM, said:

Dude, play whatever tier you want, however you want to play, in whatever tank you want to play. Don't listen to anyone who tells you otherwise. This isn't work, this is a video game. You want to yolo, yolo. You want to camp, camp. You can do whatever you like and don't care who thinks what of you. 

I second this motion. I can understand every side of this conversation and throw in a few good arguments of my own. Each individual has there own reasons, logic and incentives to play thier game the way they wish. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

christian1470 #66 Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:29 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34727 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBluesAllDay, on 12 November 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

I second this motion. I can understand every side of this conversation and throw in a few good arguments of my own. Each individual has there own reasons, logic and incentives to play thier game the way they wish. 

I don't. Play to your skill level. You will win more, have more fun, and so will others on your team. 

BluesAllDay #67 Posted 13 November 2017 - 11:18 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles
  • [SRV]

View Postchristian1470, on 13 November 2017 - 04:29 AM, said:

I don't. Play to your skill level. You will win more, have more fun, and so will others on your team. 

my fun doesn't come at the end of the game if it says victory. My fun happens between the end of the countdown clock to begin the battle and the end of the battle, win or loose. I now understand a little more of the whole skill level thing now but I don't recall anything in the tutorial that actually explains anything except drive, stop, shoot. If that is all anyone knows about the game and is having fun doing it I would have a hard time blaming the player if thier performance isn't up to par. The player is having fun doing everything the game taught the player to do and probably because the player is having fun would not even bother to find out any more about the game. 

Edited by BluesAllDay, 14 November 2017 - 02:34 AM.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

christian1470 #68 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:35 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34727 battles
  • [III-H]

View PostBluesAllDay, on 13 November 2017 - 06:18 PM, said:

my fun doesn't come at the end of the game if it says victory. My fun happens between the end of the countdown clock to begin the battle and the end of the battle, win or loose. I now understand a little more of the whole skill level thing now but I don't recall anything in the tutorial that actually explains anything except drive, stop, shoot. If that is all anyone knows about the game and is having fun doing it I would have a hard time blaming the player if thier performance isn't up to par. The player is having fun doing everything the game taught the player to do and probably because the player is having fun would not even bother to find out any more about the game. 

Anyone with a less than average win rate rolling around tier ten may be having fun, but at the expense of his/her team mates. there are ten tiers to play in, playing the tier one sucks at is a big F U to every team he plays on

BluesAllDay #69 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:48 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6609 battles
  • [SRV]
Don't get me wrong I'm trying to understand the other side. You can't fix what you don't understand. How it's handled is just as important. As an electrician I was required to first aid certification every year. An instructor said while, "Another one bites the dust" is the perfect rhythm to think of when doing CPR it's not necessarily a wise idea to sing it.

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

VikkoTheTusken #70 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:52 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 18851 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postchristian1470, on 13 October 2017 - 08:55 PM, said:

Even worse, you are a wallet warrior. You are the epitome of everything, and I mean, EVERYTHING, that is wrong with the player base. 

Kjam0918 #71 Posted Yesterday, 07:58 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9627 battles
  • [LGEND]

This goes for all new players since OP is clearly sticking his turret up his rear: If you want to learn the hard way at higher tiers, at least make an effort to get better outside of the actual game. That means watching videos, analyzing your game play to remove as many tactical errors as possible, and being objective about your performance. Eventually you will carry, but meanwhile don't whine about people who went through the hard work of being productive before heading to higher tiers. It's part of the package of rushing; you will get called out, and it's not their fault either.

Or you could do something like me. Hover in the yellow/green territory at tiers 1-5, and then find the forum. Which lead to me not going further up until i got to 50+% in all my tanks. I'm just now getting to tier 9 and i don't feel "bored" or "limited", in fact there are so many tanks and tiers to have fun in. I'm a competitive person, and i don't consider getting endlessly derped in the teeth as fun. So i went with sensible increments.

I've been guilty of raging on players but if i get a contrite response, I immediately go to tutor mode. You'd be surprised at how many decent (like me) to Super Unicums want to help you. If you're reading this then that means you want to get better. So follow the cardinal rule of any skillful endeavor: Take your time and learn the craft the right way. If you don't care about losing, and just want to shoot to let off steam, i'd suggest a game where you can go solo, and only hinder your performance and enjoyment. Or develop thicker skin; your choice.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users