WoTB: Broken AF

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

_GraceToo #21 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46791 battles
  • [NOGUD]
I feel your pain, but I was in tears laughing at the same time.  Great video.

MSixteen #22 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:54 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18515 battles
  • [_V_]

View Post_THECRIMSONCHIN, on 14 October 2017 - 07:01 PM, said:

I’ve never had the before. You play with older iOS device? 

it happened on iPhone 4, 5, 5S and SE (which I have now)

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

Click here for The Art of Blitz Click here for my YouTube channel!

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

reluctanttheist #23 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:59 AM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 25671 battles
  • [III-H]

Ok that's really messed up.  And I can't replicate it, nor have I ever seen anyone else with that problem.  That is beyond nuts.

• I'm sure you have, but have tried resetting your controls to default?
  • Can you try a new account?  It's a stretch, but maybe there's something in your account that's causing that bug.

That's unplayable for sure!

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

MudkipAtWar #24 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:03 AM

die

• Players
  • 22232 battles
  • [FL-TH]
It's something with a older devices, it happens on my iPad 2 but not my iPhone 5s

Hello

https://www.blitzsta.../1016605416.png

Clan list in order of join date: TBNT, 22ND, 22ND2, FSA, FSX, ZNTH, FLEET, FL-TH

_MoisterOyster #25 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:04 AM

Clubs Wargaming

• Players
  • 29105 battles
  • [_V_]
Tried playing on my iPad Pro. Yeah, it does happen from time to time

MSixteen #26 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:05 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18515 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostMudkipAtWar, on 14 October 2017 - 08:03 PM, said:

It's something with a older devices, it happens on my iPad 2 but not my iPhone 5s

It happened on my 5S and now my SE

"I'm not a sore loser, l just prefer to win and when I don't I get furious." ~ Ron Swanson

"If you can't figure out how to win in tier 8 against a tier 10, you're not going to be winning in tier 10" ~ PC9684

May my M60 and BOUGHT IS-6 Fearless forever give me bountiful harvests of whiners' salt

AOT_Jaeger2 #27 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:12 AM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17820 battles
  • [ASLAN]

Completely right good sir. TDs are a little rampant and it was directly caused by the med and prammo nerfs. 

Off topic, how do you like the Batchat? Is it worth it right now? I’ve heard mixed reviews.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

MessengerOfFear #28 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:28 AM

RNG Lover

• Players
  • 16329 battles
  • [ACDC]
Turret glitch occurs when you have an ally close enough behind you in specific positions while having auto aim on. It screws up the stuff for the actual physical camera that floats unseen behind your tank. It tries to lock on, but repeated movement causes the camera to refresh the lock, and in doing so, it can look at someone behind you if they are close enough. I’m not completely certain, but whenever I keep auto aim off in sniper mode, it works completely fine for me. Could also be if one of your fingers taps the screen a bit and the number of touches it registers is maxed out so it thinks you slid your finger over to that spot at the friggin speed o light and moves the camera just as fast. I’m no expert, but I’ve dealt with this kind of thing before. Try turning auto aim off in sniper mode.
"Ignoring life for 7 minutes is really a true superpower. Thank you, Wargaming."

PinDadNW #29 Posted 15 October 2017 - 02:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39684 battles
  • [RAIDR]
Never had it happen and I don't use auto aim in sniper mode. So I think this guy ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ is on to something.

Proud DD Raider [RAIDR]

slayer_____ #30 Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:27 AM

Spray and Pray

• Players
  • 40305 battles
  • [ATA2D]

View PostMessengerOfFear, on 14 October 2017 - 09:28 PM, said:

Turret glitch occurs when you have an ally close enough behind you in specific positions while having auto aim on. It screws up the stuff for the actual physical camera that floats unseen behind your tank. It tries to lock on, but repeated movement causes the camera to refresh the lock, and in doing so, it can look at someone behind you if they are close enough. I’m not completely certain, but whenever I keep auto aim off in sniper mode, it works completely fine for me. Could also be if one of your fingers taps the screen a bit and the number of touches it registers is maxed out so it thinks you slid your finger over to that spot at the friggin speed o light and moves the camera just as fast. I’m no expert, but I’ve dealt with this kind of thing before. Try turning auto aim off in sniper mode.

Wow, exactly my point on my post. 

Aphropanda #31 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:10 AM

Tunnels Concep

• Players
  • 34227 battles
  • [RGN]

Going to skip the TD part of the rant, nothing new under the sun. 

About the "turret glitch" though, I don't think it's an issue on Wargamings end. The theory I have is, your device fails to render of the field of view you're looking at, so instead of crashing, it jumps to something that's easier to render like the sky. I see some posts above about it being "autoaim" related, but this is different. I've had the autoaim one happen to me a few times when in close combat with another vehicle. This one the other hand, happens when you're zooming in on a target not very close to you, judging by the video. 

How I came up with this theory? Simple. By watching your video, the "turret glitch" happens when too much stuff starts happening in the place you're zoomed in on. Smoke, fire, impact effect etc. When it started to happen a lot, there was a T-54 on fire where you were zooming in, along with the Jagtiger, IS-8 and E100 behind. Go into a training room and try replicating this, try to narrow down the cause of the effect and then make a detailed "bug/glitch" ticket to Wargaming so they can investigate it. Try zooming in on the same position without any tanks there in a TR; try zooming in on that position with a few tanks there, if it happens, lower your graphics and see if that helps. 

Why I think this is an issue on your end? Because I can't replicate what's happening to you. I tried the same map, same position and same tank. (iPad Air 2 was used.) A glitch that is an issue on WGs end, is like the credit glitch months ago. It can be replicated by anyone. If this turret glitch was on WGs end, logically, I should be able to go into a TR, pick the same map, same tank and go to the same position you were in, and the glitch should happen proving that this is in fact an issue on WGs end. 

Another thing, play around with the graphic settings and see if you still get the glitch. Keep testing with different things and try out various potential causes to the effect (the glitch) you're getting. Wargaming can't really help you if they have no idea how it's happening to you. In worst case, they can't help you because it may just be an issue with an older device. 

Hope this helped. (:

MSixteen #32 Posted 15 October 2017 - 08:16 AM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18515 battles
  • [_V_]
I’ll try it. Thanks

Lokeen #33 Posted 15 October 2017 - 11:41 AM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

Man I've never seen that glitch during my gameplay but I don't even know how you can deal with it, that's total garbage.

I also agree with your point about the medium nerf affecting game play and team composition in a negative way.

Thanks for posting this, hopefully it gets some attention from WG but you know......I wouldn't hold my breath lol

o7 & Stay Classy!

MSixteen #34 Posted 15 October 2017 - 12:16 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18515 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostLokeen, on 15 October 2017 - 05:41 AM, said:

Man I've never seen that glitch during my gameplay but I don't even know how you can deal with it, that's total garbage.

I also agree with your point about the medium nerf affecting game play and team composition in a negative way.

Thanks for posting this, hopefully it gets some attention from WG but you know......I wouldn't hold my breath lol

o7 & Stay Classy!

if anything I think the only attention from WG I’ll get would be removing the video from the forums because of the cursing, and then ignoring the problems that are pointed out. 

Lokeen #35 Posted 15 October 2017 - 01:04 PM

General P. McDangles

• Club Wargaming
  • 38513 battles
  • [CYCLN]

View PostMSixteen, on 15 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

if anything I think the only attention from WG I’ll get would be removing the video from the forums because of the cursing, and then ignoring the problems that are pointed out.

I wish I could disagree with you but.........you know WG lol.

MessengerOfFear #36 Posted 15 October 2017 - 04:59 PM

RNG Lover

• Players
  • 16329 battles
  • [ACDC]

View PostLokeen, on 15 October 2017 - 08:04 AM, said:

I wish I could disagree with you but.........you know WG lol.

I am hopeful that WG will see this and start trying to fix it. I still hold to my argument that this is auto-aim related, but the massive TD spam at tier X? Come on, WG. That’s against the whole “anti-camp” style that y’all have been trying to promote and encourage! Fix it! Make matchmaker take tank type into account! It can’t be that hard, since the battle que screen already says how many of each type are in the que. 

Although, now that I think about it, it could be that there are just not enough tanks of each type in the que at the same time to do that. Kinda like turning on same control mode where players can’t get into a game quick because there are few players playing on the same platform, it could just take forever to get into a battle because there wouldn’t be enough players playing the right tank types at a time.

"Ignoring life for 7 minutes is really a true superpower. Thank you, Wargaming."

MSixteen #37 Posted 15 October 2017 - 07:38 PM

Full Auto Spud Gun

• Players
  • 18515 battles
  • [_V_]

View PostMessengerOfFear, on 15 October 2017 - 10:59 AM, said:

I am hopeful that WG will see this and start trying to fix it. I still hold to my argument that this is auto-aim related, but the massive TD spam at tier X? Come on, WG. That’s against the whole “anti-camp” style that y’all have been trying to promote and encourage! Fix it! Make matchmaker take tank type into account! It can’t be that hard, since the battle que screen already says how many of each type are in the que. 

Although, now that I think about it, it could be that there are just not enough tanks of each type in the que at the same time to do that. Kinda like turning on same control mode where players can’t get into a game quick because there are few players playing on the same platform, it could just take forever to get into a battle because there wouldn’t be enough players playing the right tank types at a time.

all they gotta do is what they did with ratings mm. Have a 3(?) TD limit per team, and then have it set up so one team can’t have more than 1 extra of each tank type. So a match could be 2 TDs, 4 heavies and a Med vs 1 TD, 4 heavies and 2 meds

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users