mpastor2000 #41 Posted 08 November 2017 - 12:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 08 November 2017 - 12:46 AM, said:

Great in low tiers - not to practical in higher tiers

And face it -- a good player can dominate most tier 6 and under games

Why?  I do it with my LEO 2.  It doesn't matter the tier.  Flanking is an important role for meds and lights.  The risk is not having someone flank on many maps.  Then your team risks getting flanked and fighting in two directions at once.

_Crusader6_ #42 Posted 08 November 2017 - 01:23 AM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postmpastor2000, on 07 November 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

Why?  I do it with my LEO 2.  It doesn't matter the tier.  Flanking is an important role for meds and lights.  The risk is not having someone flank on many maps.  Then your team risks getting flanked and fighting in two directions at once.

And your 50% in the Leo in X and the E50 in 9 of last 30 days.

Flanking is a term so often incorrectly used in Blitz.

A flank is correctly going around the front of the enemy --- you cannot flank until you have located the enemy.

I was never an Armored guy -- but I am familiar with tactics.

Your mediums and lights are a scouting force -- they should initially deploy to a position of dominance.

This denies the enemy eyes --- they are not there to seize or hold ground -- but to guide the heavier forces to bear.

Now sometimes you can get a few shots in, sometimes not, and sometimes you can even maintain that position for a significant period.

But a flank occurs after the battle line develops --  this is where a lot of tankers fail (and I often do too).

A nimble medium or light - can then reposition and get on the enemy flank --  or repel red's from doing the same.

If you boldly announce at the start of the battle "I am flanking" no your simply yolo'ing while trying to sound cool.

Some maps give great opportunities for this -- others do not.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 437 tanks in Garage:  453/456 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

mpastor2000 #43 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:09 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]
My win rate with the LEO is typically above 60.  My E50 is stock right now.  But if I go and find a tank of yours at tier ten with a win rate lower than 60% does that mean you are wrong and I am right?  FOr example your FV215b where you dont even play at 50%.  Does this mean you suck or that your point of view is incorrect?

mpastor2000 #44 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 08 November 2017 - 01:23 AM, said:

And your 50% in the Leo in X and the E50 in 9 of last 30 days.

Flanking is a term so often incorrectly used in Blitz.

A flank is correctly going around the front of the enemy --- you cannot flank until you have located the enemy.

So, I guess Stonewall Jackson didn't perform perhaps the most famous flank move in military history because he did not know Hooker's exact position when he set out.  We have been lied to.  Just look the term up you are not correct here.

I was never an Armored guy -- but I am familiar with tactics.

Your mediums and lights are a scouting force -- they should initially deploy to a position of dominance.

This denies the enemy eyes --- they are not there to seize or hold ground -- but to guide the heavier forces to bear.

Now sometimes you can get a few shots in, sometimes not, and sometimes you can even maintain that position for a significant period.

I actually was an Armor guy.  I spent time in two separate armor units and one cavalry unit in real life.  But regardless, that really has little to do with this game.  You are wrong about your tactics.  If your point was correct where are the hvys now in real life tank doctrine?  They don't exist and yet tank combat still does.  Fact is, there are many ways to play light and medium tanks.  One of the biggest roles for them is to offset or protect your force from the enemy meds and lights flanking.  I would say most lop sided wins occur in this game when one side ignores the potential flank (their meds and lights are busy vamping with the hvys) and get flanked and forced for fight in two directions at once.  

But a flank occurs after the battle line develops --  this is where a lot of tankers fail (and I often do too).

A nimble medium or light - can then reposition and get on the enemy flank --  or repel red's from doing the same.

If you boldly announce at the start of the battle "I am flanking" no your simply yolo'ing while trying to sound cool.

Some maps give great opportunities for this -- others do not.

My win rate with the LEO is typically above 60.  My E50, which I didnt say I flanked with, is stock right now.  But if I go and find a tank of yours at tier ten with a win rate lower than 60% does that mean you are wrong and I am right?  FOr example your FV215b were you dont even play at 50%.  Does this mean you suck or that your point of view is invalid.  Perhaps you can get away more than the typical player on teams where units dont flank because over half of your games are in a platoon and let's face it, this increases your win rate by at least five points or more.

_Crusader6_ #45 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:29 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postmpastor2000, on 08 November 2017 - 12:09 PM, said:

My win rate with the LEO is typically above 60.  My E50 is stock right now.  But if I go and find a tank of yours at tier ten with a win rate lower than 60% does that mean you are wrong and I am right?  FOr example your FV215b where you dont even play at 50%.  Does this mean you suck or that your point of view is incorrect?

Well I am over 61% in the FV215b...

Now my 183, yeah I totally suck in it.

Lets be honest your Leo's stats are bad -- your early WR was artificially inflated.

You are taking tier 7 and below concepts and trying to stick them into a higher tier game, where one lone tank is not a flanker it is a yolo that will ed shortly - leaving your team down a tank.

You cannot 'flank" until the reds are known, edit - unless your flank is simply a damage farming exercise.

Flanks refer to the side -- you being a treadhead can probably get that - as the sides of the horses where flanks.

We refer to our left and right flank for the edge our positions, axis of advance etc.

When you refer to conducting a flank - it is designed on the side of the enemy force, so he cannot bring all his power to bear to repel you.

You cannot conduct a "Flank" on an unknown position -- you may conduct a hasty attack - that accidentally turns into a flank.

As far as most famous flank -- vertical envelopment - Operation Market Garden.

Edited by __Crusader6__, 08 November 2017 - 05:36 PM.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 437 tanks in Garage:  453/456 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

mpastor2000 #46 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:36 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 38390 battles
  • [EMP-]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 08 November 2017 - 05:29 PM, said:

Well I am over 61% in the FV215b...

Now my 183, yeah I totally suck in it.

Lets be honest your Leo's stats are bad -- your early WR was artificially inflated.

You are taking tier 7 and below concepts and trying to stick them into a higher tier game, where one lone tank is not a flanker it is a yolo that will ed shortly - leaving your team down a tank.

You cannot 'flank" until the reds are known.

How are my early LEO win rates inflated?   That is the most ridiculous thing I ever heard, i never platoon.  If anything, my win rates are more valid than yours as you platoon over 50% of time.  Flanking does not automatically lead to instant death.   Please read through comments above before you knee jerk comment.  Over 50% of time flanking leads to benefits for the team.  Sure if you happen to hit the whole enemy team then your team could be at a disadvantage.  But that occurs far less than 50% of the time.  Therefore, one player, especially a good player flanking helps the team much more often than it hurts.

But if you dont believe it, then dont do it.  I really dont care.  It is how I have high win rates playing without a platoon mate.

wannabeunicum #47 Posted 08 November 2017 - 05:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 46755 battles
  • [-MM]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 16 October 2017 - 11:44 PM, said:

Why would the t49 flaw the data? Over time any tank will balance out. You will get the same on your team as facing it. Good and bad players.

WG will only allow one link in sig soi will add top vs bottom in sig till i figure out how to add more. 

When that was happening you collected the data during the t49A

that spam may have caused a moderation effect for tier seven or a pull towards it.

SpartacusDiablo #48 Posted 04 May 2019 - 03:39 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34823 battles
  • [III-C]
Bump because it is relevant.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

ARandomGenieGuy #49 Posted 05 May 2019 - 01:27 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18238 battles
This is some good content. Excellent work. It compensates your smasher refund one lol.  Being serious though that was exactly what I felt since +1/-1 was introduced but I didn’t posesed any factual evidence to support it. All games became a giant snowballing in which the team that loses more tanks first will surely loose. May I link this post in a post I’m interested in making? 

Edited by ARandomGenieGuy, 05 May 2019 - 01:29 AM.

Bellatormonk #50 Posted 05 May 2019 - 04:14 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 36708 battles
  • [D2TH]

I think a large part of it is the demoralizing effect it has on a team to see 1-2 tanks die first on your team and an encouraging effect on the other team.  I have to say, when I see a green tank die in the first 30secs...my thoughts are "gg..this is over" or "that's encouraging..we have this".  Of course there are many games where the enemy team loses 1-2 tanks and green still loses because of AFKs or Goose Eggs.

Pretty encouraging stats though.   

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users