The game is set up so that if you really want to compete you need to spend $$$$

Bellatormonk #1182 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Postsplatttt, on 20 February 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

The game is set up so that if you really want to compete you need to spend $$$$

That's not true by any means.  The only reason to spend real money here occasionally is to buy the very very rare OP premium tank or maintain a premium account to make more silver and combat XP faster.  I don't think you will find many people in this game who agree that this is anywhere near pay to win.  It's an old complaint and I think given that Ribble recently release the WR stats of Tier 8-10..almost all high win rate tanks are tech tree tanks.

The flavor of the month premium tank always seems OP until they nerf it shortly thereafter (I think even C6 has pointed out the WZ120 being the only exception to date) or the knowledge of it's weakness or counter play style is revealed by the Unicums after extensive game play in a very short time period.

Now if for some reason paying for a premium account gave us preferred match making and you didn't get low tiered 75% of the time or didn't have to play with 40%er muggles 80% of the time...would that be pay to win?  :coin:

ODDEO_GUY #1183 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3652 battles
  • [EZCOM]
I would happily trade the new tank honeymoon period for even tiers. The 7-12 games top tier are completely overshadowed by the 70% bottom tier I get when grinding. 

Bellatormonk #1184 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:24 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostODDEO_GUY, on 21 February 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

I would happily trade the new tank honeymoon period for even tiers. The 7-12 games top tier are completely overshadowed by the 70% bottom tier I get when grinding. 

What honeymoon?  These days is more like a divorce party.  Any new tank I get these days usually ends up low tier and on a losing team the 1st 20 battles.  In all seriousness I would swear the honeymoon battles only apply to T6 or lower.

dall89115 #1185 Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 118 battles

I'm a newbee to Blitz, although I had close to 10k games in the old WOT before the number of cheaters and the nerfing of most good non-premium equipment (especially tank destroyers and arty!) made it useless to play any more. (There are only so many 1 shot kills you can handle after watching a dozen consecutive critical hit location shots "bounce off" your target, without even taking off a tread)

I tried Blitz a couple of evenings ago and was impressed by the team balance. (in the low tiers, as I have only worked up to tier 3 in a couple of tank lines and the rest are tier 1 or 2.) I lost a few and I won a few games and was able to survive most games while taking out from 1 to 7 enemy per game. I'm not a great player, but I am an excellent sniper and usually hit where I aim. About 6 PM (PST) on Friday night, suddenly in every game, the other team was filled with team members from different teams, but all with clan designations, while my team never had any clan designation players. My team lost every game, because most of my teammates were obvious newbees and didn't know how to work as a team. (I checked stats on numerous and never found any of my team mates with more than a couple of hundred games, while a check of the other team showed all with thousands of games) I have been known to do a little "seal clubbing" in my time, but this was out and out slaughter that the MM did nothing to balance. Experienced team players should not be allowed to choose to play together and use the other team for target practice. That is what drove many away from WOT and it appears that WOT Blitz is doing the same thing. (at least during the weekends!) I'll see if weekdays return to their fairly balanced teams before deciding if I need to uninstall this very nicely designed tank simulator! 

AT least I still have WOWS to fall back on as it hasn't gone the way of WOT and before it, WOWP......yet!

Dan_Deerso #1186 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:28 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 27163 battles
  • [III]

View PostDarkness_X, on 17 February 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Also the Victory stats are rigged.  They make me play 4-5 matches before they add .01 percent to my stats.  RIGGED.

Your wins divided by your battles:

3,742 / 7,732 = 48.3963%
Add a win:
3,743 /
 7733 = 48.4029%

Add another win:

3744 / 7734 = 48.4096%

Add another win: 

3745 / 7735 = 48.4162%

Math.

Valkyrie04 #1187 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2019 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostDarkness_X, on 17 February 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Also the Victory stats are rigged.  They make me play 4-5 matches before they add .01 percent to my stats.  RIGGED.

Well, someone clearly missed the basic maths class

Si1verBlood #1188 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:44 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View Postdall89115, on 22 February 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

My team lost every game, because most of my teammates were obvious newbees and didn't know how to work as a team. (I checked stats on numerous and never found any of my team mates with more than a couple of hundred games, while a check of the other team showed all with thousands of games) I have been known to do a little "seal clubbing" in my time, but this was out and out slaughter that the MM did nothing to balance. Experienced team players should not be allowed to choose to play together and use the other team for target practice. That is what drove many away from WOT and it appears that WOT Blitz is doing the same thing. (at least during the weekends!) I'll see if weekdays return to their fairly balanced teams before deciding if I need to uninstall this very nicely designed tank simulator! 

AT least I still have WOWS to fall back on as it hasn't gone the way of WOT and before it, WOWP......yet!

Are you talking about this account....or this is a reroll (reallly ironic if it is btw)... I am going to answer assuming this is your only account on blitz. First of all, at 114 battles at tier 1-2-3 you are still playing bots (which WG introduced to make an easy first impression for new players which is why you are currently holding a 8.27 k/d ratio.  Tiers 1-5  were severely nerfed and rendered bland in update 5.5 to , again, simplify the life for new players rendering seal clubbing unprofitable and unfun at those tier (e.a they removed all the derp guns)......You are quick to judge  the game considering that you have never reached the point of the game where the game truly becomes diverse.......now, let us talk about weekends: You have never experienced them yet, but it is the period of the week that a huge part of the playerbase that never plays otherwise is on, which makes you wonder if 90 % of the earth population is braindead...and that applies to your teams as well as the red teams.

About experienced players tooning, you are just wrong...you want to limit someones enjoyment of the game just because they are better/more experienced than you....how does that make any sense.....also it was confirmed that mm tries to put newer players against newer players (those with <5000 battles)....

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

dall89115 #1189 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Players
  • 118 battles

Amazing how from Friday night to Sunday suddenly the lower tiers are constantly filled with one team of players with team/clan names attached while the other team is non-affiliated players. Talk about seal bashing! Every game is 7-0 in favor of the "team" members (all with many 1000's of games) over the non-"team" members, most in the 100-300 game range and none with even 1000 games. Don't tell me that is balanced MM! That is some of the same garbage that killed interest in the original WOT.

You want to recruit new players and yet you allow this type of lopsided games? This is not how you convince people to pay you money for your products? When at 6PM PST on Friday, I went from a good balance of wins versus losses and always was able to score a decent score to 100% losses and almost zero inflicted damage that continued through the entire weekend, there is no way that you can convince me that it is only my playing abilities and NOT a problem in the MM!

BTW: I had somewhere around 10k games before I finally uninstalled the original WOT. I gave up WOT because I got tired of being only cannon fodder in games where non-team and non-premium account players were almost always lowest tiered and unable to damage the higher tier player tanks. (I stopped using first my arty when they nerfed it to almost useless and then my tank destroyers for the same reason. I remember one update that suddenly prevented my accurate STUG III view slit coppola shots that could seriously damage heavies 2 tiers above me to every shot bouncing and finally to the point where I couldn't even track them.) This time, I worked my way to earning some tier 3 tanks in just the few weekdays since I decided to try Blitz. Since Friday night, I have added very close to zero experience or commander points! I did not suddenly forget how to play because it was a weekend, or there were less bots! Many of those I killed had team affiliations and several asked me if I'd like to join their clan and team.

If the lower tiers use a lot of bots to help the newbees learn the game, why are the bots missing on the weekends? A larger number of players on the weekends should mean more simultaneous games and NOT suddenly bots replaced by experienced players. (or do they assume that everyone is an expert by the time the weekend rolls around?) The rationale isn't logical unless someone is building profiles and stats for bots just like they do for human players. I have yet to find a single player on Blitz who doesn't have a profile and stats. It doesn't seem logical that bots would have those.

I used my WOWP/WOT/WOWS account info to make my new Blitz account and it didn't carry over any of my old WOT stats. To me this is the same old game I played for years and I was still holding a solid 50+% rate in the old WOT up until I removed it from my computer. (although that was dropping rapidly due to being low tiered in almost every game.) 

Edited by dall89115, 23 February 2020 - 08:49 PM.

__Crusader6__ #1190 Posted Yesterday, 08:41 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 61761 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postdall89115, on 23 February 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

Amazing how from Friday night to Sunday suddenly the lower tiers are constantly filled with one team of players with team/clan names attached while the other team is non-affiliated players. Talk about seal bashing! Every game is 7-0 in favor of the "team" members (all with many 1000's of games) over the non-"team" members, most in the 100-300 game range and none with even 1000 games. Don't tell me that is balanced MM! That is some of the same garbage that killed interest in the original WOT.

You want to recruit new players and yet you allow this type of lopsided games? This is not how you convince people to pay you money for your products? When at 6PM PST on Friday, I went from a good balance of wins versus losses and always was able to score a decent score to 100% losses and almost zero inflicted damage that continued through the entire weekend, there is no way that you can convince me that it is only my playing abilities and NOT a problem in the MM!

BTW: I had somewhere around 10k games before I finally uninstalled the original WOT. I gave up WOT because I got tired of being only cannon fodder in games where non-team and non-premium account players were almost always lowest tiered and unable to damage the higher tier player tanks. (I stopped using first my arty when they nerfed it to almost useless and then my tank destroyers for the same reason. I remember one update that suddenly prevented my accurate STUG III view slit coppola shots that could seriously damage heavies 2 tiers above me to every shot bouncing and finally to the point where I couldn't even track them.) This time, I worked my way to earning some tier 3 tanks in just the few weekdays since I decided to try Blitz. Since Friday night, I have added very close to zero experience or commander points! I did not suddenly forget how to play because it was a weekend, or there were less bots! Many of those I killed had team affiliations and several asked me if I'd like to join their clan and team.

If the lower tiers use a lot of bots to help the newbees learn the game, why are the bots missing on the weekends? A larger number of players on the weekends should mean more simultaneous games and NOT suddenly bots replaced by experienced players. (or do they assume that everyone is an expert by the time the weekend rolls around?) The rationale isn't logical unless someone is building profiles and stats for bots just like they do for human players. I have yet to find a single player on Blitz who doesn't have a profile and stats. It doesn't seem logical that bots would have those.

I used my WOWP/WOT/WOWS account info to make my new Blitz account and it didn't carry over any of my old WOT stats. To me this is the same old game I played for years and I was still holding a solid 50+% rate in the old WOT up until I removed it from my computer. (although that was dropping rapidly due to being low tiered in almost every game.) 

https://www.blitzsta...r/com/dall89115

You started playing tier 3 and are now finding players on the other team.

You wasted 7/8ths of your rant on a WOT complaint.

Tank Hoarder: 389 tanks in Garage:  385/395 aced

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users