Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1088 replies to this topic

hul_steel #1061 Posted 05 October 2019 - 12:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34252 battles
  • [419]

Matchmaking is utterly inadequate. Existing MM setup is antiquated and frustrated by the vast numbers of new players.  Just in tier 3 thru 5 battles and you call a direction and team instantly runs all over the map. We won 1 out of about 8 battles and were usually the best wr \ avg damage players on teams. 1 Hispanics need their own server. Basic commands are inadequate and in battle chats cannot be understood by hispanic players. I bet they would appreciate it as much as the english speakers would. 2. Matchmaking needs to start either considering general wr\avg damage at least to a greater extent then it does. 3. Or - expand Rating Battles to more tiers other than 7-10. Matchmaking is also needed at all hours not some special time slot. How dare you require Rating Battle missions but restrict when they are available?

All the decent or good players in my clan which I lead are in agreement with these views. The trend is that WOTB is becoming literally unplayable too much of the time and is getting worse quickly.

Wolfridge #1062 Posted 06 October 2019 - 03:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29317 battles
  • [GORT]

Not expecting any constructive response here at least in the near future. But adding some complains and observations.

It does either 7-0 or 0-7 in lots of games.

Noticing multiple 60 or over in one team but low 40s in the other. (60s not in toon)

WG can't do much since it only cares to recruit more players that are already thin.

If filters lots of ppl, there will be not enough players to MM. 

One thing can be done is to remove all 'WIN' rate from the game.

Since all that matters as a player who goes in to random match is to measure how much damage one made.

Like lots of dedicated players, I love this game, but the mode of MM and thin player pool is really getting fun out of it and makes me off from it once in a while.

Edited by Wolfridge, 06 October 2019 - 03:43 AM.

Wolfridge #1063 Posted 06 October 2019 - 04:29 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29317 battles
  • [GORT]

View Posthul_steel, on 04 October 2019 - 07:13 PM, said:

Matchmaking is utterly inadequate. Existing MM setup is antiquated and frustrated by the vast numbers of new players.  Just in tier 3 thru 5 battles and you call a direction and team instantly runs all over the map. We won 1 out of about 8 battles and were usually the best wr \ avg damage players on teams. 1 Hispanics need their own server. Basic commands are inadequate and in battle chats cannot be understood by hispanic players. I bet they would appreciate it as much as the english speakers would. 2. Matchmaking needs to start either considering general wr\avg damage at least to a greater extent then it does. 3. Or - expand Rating Battles to more tiers other than 7-10. Matchmaking is also needed at all hours not some special time slot. How dare you require Rating Battle missions but restrict when they are available?

All the decent or good players in my clan which I lead are in agreement with these views. The trend is that WOTB is becoming literally unplayable too much of the time and is getting worse quickly.

I do agree that WOTB needs a Spanish speaking channel separate. Now I am mostly in a game with ppl who can't understand each other. I learned. 'jajajja'.... though.

riceracer #1064 Posted 06 October 2019 - 05:16 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3980 battles
  • [TCAN]

I agree that something is wrong, I don’t know how it can be fixed or if that’s even possible. I do know that instead of enjoying the game I’m finding it makes me mad, which is silly as it is only a game. I don’t pretend to be the greatest player but I have watched as my stats have plummeted. Weird things keep happening, I miss multiple key shots when needed the most, even though I tend to have a high accuracy rate, shots bouncing that shouldn’t like a bounce off the rear or side of a stationary tank, not being able to bounce shots even when in a heavy against a lower tier and moving. Now maybe this is all just me but I’ve worked hard at fallowing advice from those with more experience but now nothing seems to work. I’m ready to call it quits as losing 5-7 in a row but or going on a 15 game losing streak, when I have never won 10 in a row seems off, but again I’m newer than most and still have a lot to learn. I did have one weird battle last week where none of us could see anyone, we could see trees falling and shots fired but never any other tanks, it was weird and hard to explain but and ended in a draw and unfortunately I forgot to screen shot it, but I’ve posted a few screen shots of some  battles that left me scratching my head, you will even see one where I am near the bottom of the list, in that one I was flanking with the two tanks that got 0 and it didn’t end well as I couldn’t pen and got my shots blocked.

Sorry I guess it won’t let me upload the screen shots

Edited by riceracer, 06 October 2019 - 05:22 PM.

SpartacusDiablo #1065 Posted 06 October 2019 - 06:05 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25329 battles
  • [III-R]
70% win rate over the past 40 games.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

Wolfridge #1066 Posted 07 October 2019 - 08:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29317 battles
  • [GORT]

What do you think? I submitted a ticket about MM and here is the response from WG, IVAN. 

In my opinion, it is absurd that WG is making the paid player to train the inexperienced player... Shouldn't we get paid?

'''

Dear Wolfridge.

I would like to tell you that teams are formed of vehicles in the general queue, not of players. It is true that players' skills differ, sometimes significantly, since our projects have both experienced players and inexperienced ones. There is no mechanism that would differentiate players by their skills or experience. And that is why your team might have any number of both experienced players or inexperienced ones.

Adding to the matchmaker criteria that would evaluate players by their skill levels is not in our plans since it goes against the concept of random battles. Project administration doesn't differentiate the gaming community based on the skill level of players or their experience. All players fight battles on same terms as others with no exceptions. Forming teams without taking into consideration skill level and experience let less experienced players see the actions of more experienced players and learn by them, regardless of what team has more experienced players.

''''

'''

Hello, Wolfridge.

We are sorry to acknowledge that the matchmaker does not meet your expectations. We would like to remind you that the matchmaker forms teams from the vehicles in the waiting queue - player's win share, average damage, player's skills, etc. are not taken into account. We would like to remind you that we don't expel or ban players whose playing skills might not be as good as yours as long as they abide by the rules of our game. Bear in mind that you were a rookie in the past, as a matter of fact, each skilled player was a newcomer. We do not make any limitations for our players. All players may get any vehicles to train their skills.

If our developers decide to implement changes in the matchmaker, users will be informed about it. Monitor our news.

Regards,

'''

Edited by Wolfridge, 07 October 2019 - 08:24 AM.

SpartacusDiablo #1067 Posted 07 October 2019 - 01:02 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25329 battles
  • [III-R]
Random is the way to go.  I'm glad that the match maker doesn't look at career performance when making teams.  I don't want a system that tries to give bad players a hand up or to give good players a push back.  Random is fine.  Over your career you will end up right where you belong.  Good players will Excel and bad players won't.  That is how it should be.

Wolfridge #1068 Posted 08 October 2019 - 02:37 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29317 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostWolfridge, on 07 October 2019 - 03:19 AM, said:

What do you think? I submitted a ticket about MM and here is the response from WG, IVAN. 

In my opinion, it is absurd that WG is making the paid player to train the inexperienced player... Shouldn't we get paid?

'''

Dear Wolfridge.

I would like to tell you that teams are formed of vehicles in the general queue, not of players. It is true that players' skills differ, sometimes significantly, since our projects have both experienced players and inexperienced ones. There is no mechanism that would differentiate players by their skills or experience. And that is why your team might have any number of both experienced players or inexperienced ones.

Adding to the matchmaker criteria that would evaluate players by their skill levels is not in our plans since it goes against the concept of random battles. Project administration doesn't differentiate the gaming community based on the skill level of players or their experience. All players fight battles on same terms as others with no exceptions. Forming teams without taking into consideration skill level and experience let less experienced players see the actions of more experienced players and learn by them, regardless of what team has more experienced players.

''''

'''

Hello, Wolfridge.

We are sorry to acknowledge that the matchmaker does not meet your expectations. We would like to remind you that the matchmaker forms teams from the vehicles in the waiting queue - player's win share, average damage, player's skills, etc. are not taken into account. We would like to remind you that we don't expel or ban players whose playing skills might not be as good as yours as long as they abide by the rules of our game. Bear in mind that you were a rookie in the past, as a matter of fact, each skilled player was a newcomer. We do not make any limitations for our players. All players may get any vehicles to train their skills.

If our developers decide to implement changes in the matchmaker, users will be informed about it. Monitor our news.

Regards,

'''

And final from WG.

"""

Hello, Wolfridge!

Thank you for contacting us. 

Low tier tanks were not removed, they were just replaced with others with characteristics more comfortable for rookies. However, all tiers are available to all players, even to rookies. Why don't we want to separate player by experience? Because we don't want the game audience to be closed societies whose members would be stewing in their own juice. That makes game more interesting and diverse.    

Best regards. 

"""

SpartacusDiablo #1069 Posted 09 October 2019 - 10:50 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25329 battles
  • [III-R]
I'm ten for ten this morning and I've pushed my career win-rate up to a all time high of 60.53%.  Matchmaking seems fine to me.

Angel_Lahoz #1070 Posted 11 October 2019 - 08:11 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28 battles

One hour 31 minutes to finish the climb on all networks, a small draft advance The important thing as I said, is not what is spoken here. I will not see him come back here.But to spread the definitive video report with statements of influential people, more extensive data, battles etc.

Versión castillian...

https://youtu.be/VL0sz9zjG3A

English

https://youtu.be/Ms9mjaCgiCw

Soon....

Edited by Angel_Lahoz, 11 October 2019 - 10:36 PM.

Dan_Deerso #1071 Posted 12 October 2019 - 08:19 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 26074 battles
  • [III]

View PostAngel_Lahoz, on 11 October 2019 - 04:11 PM, said:

One hour 31 minutes to finish the climb on all networks, a small draft advance The important thing as I said, is not what is spoken here. I will not see him come back here.But to spread the definitive video report with statements of influential people, more extensive data, battles etc.

Versión castillian...

https://youtu.be/VL0sz9zjG3A

English

https://youtu.be/Ms9mjaCgiCw

Soon....

Is all of it going to be you shooting HEAT at tracks and complaining when the tracks eat the shot? It was really convenient for you to crop out the sides of the video, by the way. The text to speech is unintelligible.

Seargant_Scrapper #1072 Posted 13 October 2019 - 05:08 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3068 battles

MM is unfortunately so poor after recent updates, the game lost its fun.

Well, I'm outta here, there are other games that don't screw with non-premium players...

Sargeant_Scrapper out.

Doilky #1073 Posted 15 October 2019 - 04:04 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16063 battles
  • [EXTRA]
I just ground the AT8 from 0 xp stock(ish) to unlock the AT7.  Manged a 65% winrate in that horrible tank.  MM seems fine. 

Mako__Reizei___ #1074 Posted 22 October 2019 - 04:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6770 battles
  • [ALIAS]
MM is garbage right now for me. Had a game on my Maus in Oasis Palms where we split 2-5 (I went right with the 4 other players) and they were struggling so I went there to tank some shots. The morons that I have been tanking shots for did nothing but watch me bleed while the other 2 camping at town just looked at our flank did nothing while I kept telling the 2 tanks at town to flank.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

I have 11k WN8 and 2.5k WN7 on my Leichtraktor (Nano_Virus of the DAMGE clan). Not sure if I should be proud of this...

trogvision #1075 Posted 29 October 2019 - 04:06 AM

Rushing B

• Players
  • 19487 battles
  • [ATO]
I'm not saying mm should have equal amounts of good players on each team, I'm suggesting that mm evenly distributes the bad players on both teams instead of lobbing them on one team.
Nobody likes AFK'ers.

dangerousdan26 #1076 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17523 battles
  • [ZBLUE]
I don't care what others say, MM is often not fair.  Poor MM results in those one-sided victories (7-0) or losses.  Until such time as MM considers WR, MM will continue to suck.  It is even worse when there are poorly matched toons.  I suspect it would be fairly easy to develop a matchmaker which considers WR.  I am seriously considering ditching WOTB as the MM continues to frustrate.  MM may be random but to me it is consistently awful.

Dan_Deerso #1077 Posted 29 October 2019 - 11:47 PM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 26074 battles
  • [III]

View Postdangerousdan26, on 29 October 2019 - 07:33 PM, said:

I don't care what others say, MM is often not fair.  Poor MM results in those one-sided victories (7-0) or losses.  Until such time as MM considers WR, MM will continue to suck.  It is even worse when there are poorly matched toons.  I suspect it would be fairly easy to develop a matchmaker which considers WR.  I am seriously considering ditching WOTB as the MM continues to frustrate.  MM may be random but to me it is consistently awful.

Then I have just the thing for you, my friend, it's called Ratings Battles. Where teams are "balanced" based on "performance metrics".

__Frostbite #1078 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:46 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 24529 battles
  • [-0]

The most disturbing part of this thread is that it really shows that there are people in the world that ignore facts, logic, and reason for their own random beliefs based on incorrect and biased observations. 

And we have to work with these people in our society. Not just in this game community, but in real life. 

Oh well.

rusty.

__Crusader6__ #1079 Posted 30 October 2019 - 02:58 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59556 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post__Frostbite, on 29 October 2019 - 10:46 PM, said:

The most disturbing part of this thread is that it really shows that there are people in the world that ignore facts, logic, and reason for their own random beliefs based on incorrect and biased observations. 

And we have to work with these people in our society. Not just in this game community, but in real life. 

Oh well.

Honestly I don’t see why you think it’s disturbing, disappointing sure, but sadly not disturbing as it’s been the normal for quite some time. 

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

EL_Din_46 #1080 Posted 30 October 2019 - 03:05 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4682 battles

View Post__Frostbite, on 29 October 2019 - 07:46 PM, said:

Oh well.

:(

This is what you get for letting rednecks play with antimatter, boss.

John Ringo, Hell’s Faire

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users