• Please log in to reply
1132 replies to this topic

oldman1500 #1081 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7632 battles
  • [WAR_G]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 29 October 2019 - 11:47 PM, said:

Then I have just the thing for you, my friend, it's called Ratings Battles. Where teams are "balanced" based on "performance metrics".

Sorry, I did not find ratings battles to be evenly matched.

Edited by oldman1500, 03 November 2019 - 11:40 PM.

joes1500 #1082 Posted 03 November 2019 - 11:38 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20689 battles
  • [P-BOD]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 29 October 2019 - 06:47 PM, said:

Then I have just the thing for you, my friend, it's called Ratings Battles. Where teams are "balanced" based on "performance metrics".

First of all my career stats are 47.17 %, 30 day is just at 60%, last 90 days haven't been below 55%.  Went into ratings battles with about a 3000 rating ( since it was my first time in ratings battles, I sandbagged  a little).  Then I dropped over the next few weeks to a little over 2000 rating.  Could not win a battle against so called "evenly matched opponents".  Had people on my teams that cared about the "kill" only and did stupid sh i t like cutting me off, waiting for me to cut an enemy down to nothing so they could finish him off and get the kill (but totally ignoring anything else happening on the battle field) but then getting killed immediately after cause they weren't watching the map, getting blocked by some moron from my team who drives right in front of me as I am shooting, and the idiots that don't know how to drive and smash into you and drive along side of you trying to push me out of the way. Loss after loss and I wind up with a lousy rating during ratings battles.  Then I go back to regular battles and get my WR to 60%.  If ratings battles were "balanced" then dam it Unbalance them.  Please anybody explain to me wthis going on.  If it is me I will accept that as an answer.

Dan_Deerso #1083 Posted 04 November 2019 - 06:53 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 26460 battles
  • [III]

View Postoldman1500, on 03 November 2019 - 07:34 PM, said:

Sorry, I did not find ratings battles to be evenly matched.

Sorry if the quotes didn't do my sarcasm justice.

View Postjoes1500, on 03 November 2019 - 07:38 PM, said:

First of all my career stats are 47.17 %, 30 day is just at 60%, last 90 days haven't been below 55%.  Went into ratings battles with about a 3000 rating ( since it was my first time in ratings battles, I sandbagged  a little).  Then I dropped over the next few weeks to a little over 2000 rating.  Could not win a battle against so called "evenly matched opponents".  Had people on my teams that cared about the "kill" only and did stupid sh i t like cutting me off, waiting for me to cut an enemy down to nothing so they could finish him off and get the kill (but totally ignoring anything else happening on the battle field) but then getting killed immediately after cause they weren't watching the map, getting blocked by some moron from my team who drives right in front of me as I am shooting, and the idiots that don't know how to drive and smash into you and drive along side of you trying to push me out of the way. Loss after loss and I wind up with a lousy rating during ratings battles.  Then I go back to regular battles and get my WR to 60%.  If ratings battles were "balanced" then dam it Unbalance them.  Please anybody explain to me wthis going on.  If it is me I will accept that as an answer.

You likely calibrated higher than you should have because the calibration method is crap, are playing a tier you honestly don't play very well in, and the "balancing" factor of Ratings Battles is also crap.

__Frostbite #1084 Posted 04 November 2019 - 05:06 PM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 25329 battles
  • [-0]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 30 October 2019 - 06:58 AM, said:

Honestly I don’t see why you think it’s disturbing, disappointing sure, but sadly not disturbing as it’s been the normal for quite some time. 

:(

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

Click me!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frost#3656) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

bob_world #1085 Posted 04 November 2019 - 07:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17633 battles
  • [STORM]

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/105991-rework-match-making/

lets vote if MM needs to be fixed.

j_rod #1086 Posted 06 November 2019 - 01:53 AM

719-266-2837

• Players
  • 23616 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostDan_Deerso, on 29 October 2019 - 05:47 PM, said:

Correct me if I’m wrong, but I thought they went away from the performance driven MM due to queue time and basically just allocated points gained/lost based on the player’s contribution instead. Essentially, if you play well you’ll lose less and gain more, but the MM is based off tank type.

Not sure where I remember seeing that, but I could have sworn the “balanced” MM was removed bc the queue times were too long.

If running my mouth determined my winrate, I'd be a Super Unicum

Rou_Garou #1087 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 29435 battles
  • [509AB]

I prefer to stay focused on the tank I am fighting. 

If I cannot perform against a nearly equal piece of pixel steel dressed up for mardi gras then I am at the wrong place doing the wrong thing in the wrong vehicle. 

WG has a hard enough problem keeping this evenly matched.  Let's just focus on doing the right thing in the right place at the right time and life will be good.

o7

Don't rush inBe patient and Don't brawl unnecessarilyKnow your tanks and enemy tanks;  Know your tanks' role;  

Knowing maps allows situation awareness; Mini-map is a mighty map;  Drive to cover;

Fight like you have no armor; Relocate and reset camo oftenBe the lover of cover;  

Hull down is OP; Stay on high ground; Don't go where you don't know

Bellatormonk #1088 Posted 06 November 2019 - 02:31 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 06 October 2019 - 06:05 PM, said:

70% win rate over the past 40 games.

Ugh you seem to be at 43% over the last 16 games this 24hr period.  What happened man?  Oh...T55A T9 with 9 games attempted in 24 hrs at 33% WR and a 30 day at 52%?  Ouch.  Are you simply not carrying the team well enough today, is it the tank's problem?  I wonder if it could be something else overall then if it's not the tank or you?

That 30 day dropped to a 64%?  Rough times in that Pershing at 18% WR after 11 games in the last 30 days...inconceivable.

?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=LOADED?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=BEFORE?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=FINISH (no clue what this code it..it will not go away on edit and post of thread)?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=LOADED?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=BEFORE?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=FINISH

Edited by Bellatormonk, 06 November 2019 - 02:33 AM.

TO_Dominator #1089 Posted 06 November 2019 - 03:07 AM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 10722 battles
  • [SASK2]

View PostBellatormonk, on 05 November 2019 - 09:31 PM, said:

Ugh you seem to be at 43% over the last 16 games this 24hr period.  What happened man?  Oh...T55A T9 with 9 games attempted in 24 hrs at 33% WR and a 30 day at 52%?  Ouch.  Are you simply not carrying the team well enough today, is it the tank's problem?  I wonder if it could be something else overall then if it's not the tank or you?

That 30 day dropped to a 64%?  Rough times in that Pershing at 18% WR after 11 games in the last 30 days...inconceivable.

?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=LOADED?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=BEFORE?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=FINISH (no clue what this code it..it will not go away on edit and post of thread)?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=LOADED?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=BEFORE?mid=&wid=52190&sid=&tid=7537&rid=FINISH

Man, I'm at 0% in the last 30 days in the IS-7 over the course of 1 battle! Either I'm the worst player in blitz, or MM must be rigged!

... :facepalm: 

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Wyatt_Yohey #1090 Posted 15 November 2019 - 02:50 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5212 battles
  • [113TH]
Would wargaming just fix the wotb matchmaking? I understand the idea, but have never heard anyone complaining about the wait time. But when you're teir 3 getting thrown into teir 5 matches, or are consistently getting penned in your super heavy by mediums because you keep getting downtiered all day, then you complain. I am not making any credits, because even when I'm moving and hiding my lower plate in the tiger p, I can't pen anything. FIX YOUR MATCHMAKING! This is ridiculous.

Bellatormonk #1091 Posted 15 November 2019 - 08:26 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]
Odd I don't see that 70% WR over 40 consecutive games anymore.  I see some folks (who say it's all working as intended) struggling to maintain a 50% WR in more than half the tanks they play.  I mean if MM/RNG was so fair and it's just plain skill and play style then what gives?  WR should be pretty consistent among most tanks played?

__Crusader6__ #1092 Posted 24 November 2019 - 02:51 AM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60212 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostBellatormonk, on 15 November 2019 - 03:26 PM, said:

Odd I don't see that 70% WR over 40 consecutive games anymore.  I see some folks (who say it's all working as intended) struggling to maintain a 50% WR in more than half the tanks they play.  I mean if MM/RNG was so fair and it's just plain skill and play style then what gives?  WR should be pretty consistent among most tanks played?

Not really.  I believe there are at least variables at play in that.  
  1) Play Style 

2) Poor Balance in some Tanks 

3) Fickle Mistress of Fake 

1) Some tanks fit a players play style better than others.  I don’t think there is a player in game that doesn’t have a prefered  tank or tank type.    I know I do much better in gun depression tanks with decent turret armor.   I’ve played pretty much ever tank in game - and I know I don’t adapt well to certain tanks.  

2) Let’s be honest, some tanks are simply better than others.  Some are broken, some are very good, many are average, and some are awful.   Playing a poor tank, and worse a poor tank that doesn’t fit your play style is a recipe for poor results, the same way playing an OP tank that fits for style does wonders 

3) Given it’s 7v7 with 2 game modes, and a lot of maps, you’d need to play about 2,500 games in each tank to get a large enough sample size to be able to have a high confidence level in the data for a true apple to apples  comparison between your tanks.    For someone like me that would mean around 930k games, anyone want to volunteer for that sort of study? 

My results of late have been a roller coaster - but mostly I blame that on the fact I’m playing my remaining unaced tanks for aces, so I’m playing several I don’t like - and I’m taking a lot of chances that I wouldn’t be taking if I wasn’t trying to push for aces.  

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  380/389 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Angel_Lahoz #1093 Posted 27 November 2019 - 10:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28 battles

Edited by Angel_Lahoz, 27 November 2019 - 11:26 PM.

Angel_Lahoz #1094 Posted 27 November 2019 - 11:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28 battles

[ pay to win rant, non english ]

SpartacusDiablo #1095 Posted 28 November 2019 - 06:37 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 26029 battles
  • [III-R]
What?

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

UnsungRogue #1096 Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 3274 battles

Is the intent of MM to balance out team composition based on skill / WR/ contribution or not?   I would love to see transparency  with the MM algorithm and don’t understand the rational to keep that information closed source.   From reading this forum for 5 months (I’m still new ~3K battles)  I see most complain that the majority of outcomes are lop sided and not close fights and people would like to see closer outcomes.   I would argue that a balanced MM system would generate more battles that are at least 7/4- 7/5 final score.

~UR

__Crusader6__ #1097 Posted 01 December 2019 - 07:53 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60212 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostUnsungRogue, on 01 December 2019 - 02:52 AM, said:

Is the intent of MM to balance out team composition based on skill / WR/ contribution or not?   I would love to see transparency  with the MM algorithm and don’t understand the rational to keep that information closed source.   From reading this forum for 5 months (I’m still new ~3K battles)  I see most complain that the majority of outcomes are lop sided and not close fights and people would like to see closer outcomes.   I would argue that a balanced MM system would generate more battles that are at least 7/4- 7/5 final score.

~UR

No, MM simply tries these days to get 7 red tanks that are similar in types to 7 green tanks.  

Most MM rants or complaints don’t understand Blitz math. 
   Often the game is decided by the team who loses the first tank, simply due to the ability of the team with 7 guns left to put out more damage than the team with 6, then 5 Etc.  It is very hard to come back from early tank losses.  The 7-0 games aren’t usually about significant disparities in ‘good’ players - but either a worse player - or Tanks not playing their roles.  

Also consider the Unicum/Super Unicum opinion here.   Why should it be tougher for better players? 

WG is not transparent about MM since it is a trade secret. They have stated what it doesn’t count - and left it up to our imagination beyond that.  

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  380/389 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Angel_Lahoz #1098 Posted 02 December 2019 - 03:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28 battles

If you notice, Unsungrogue, __Crusader6_\. tells you what we already know. He doesn’t tell you that it always happens that the bad player or what doesn’t play his role is on your team most of the time in your battles. It’s either you or me. Even if you are the top 3 team in causing harm to the enemy, whether you play your part or not, the other players allied to your team, those who always play their role well, cause 200 damage to the last four. players on the team, or do not cover for a single second, etc. Not to mention "other nice things", such as shooting that do not cause damage behind the tank, or even firing ammunition purchased with gold, or enemy tanks that disappear from your sight just a few meters away that you can see in the channel videos

One guy said here, "Cause more damage, contribute more to your team," and you will win!! Yes, yes, yes, perfect. Being top 3 is not enough. Leaving your base and in seconds being 0-2 down is your cause. You have to be God and be everywhere on the map shooting, but !! EYE!! From the first tenth of a second to start, you have ultra vision factories and super fast gun reloader, because if in 40 seconds you go 0-2 down, you’ll tell me how you make up two tanks less. It is assuming that wargaming has no balance , balance. You ( requires ) to be you and everyone who complains , a player 80% rating , in order to get 50% because you have to compensate the streak of bad players continuously. With what they force you to buy premiun.

By the way ! You will not see insults or taunts in the battle chat to any of the remaining 4 players of your team ,  will end all of them with zero damage caused , walking without shooting as usual

Perhaps it will be a matter of little transparency

https://www.youtube....7s0&app=desktop

Edited by Angel_Lahoz, 02 December 2019 - 05:01 PM.

TO_Dominator #1099 Posted 02 December 2019 - 05:30 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 10722 battles
  • [SASK2]

View PostAngel_Lahoz, on 02 December 2019 - 10:59 AM, said:

If you notice, Unsungrogue, __Crusader6_\. tells you what we already know. He doesn’t tell you that it always happens that the bad player or what doesn’t play his role is on your team most of the time in your battles. It’s either you or me. Even if you are the top 3 team in causing harm to the enemy, whether you play your part or not, the other players allied to your team, those who always play their role well, cause 200 damage to the last four. players on the team, or do not cover for a single second, etc. Not to mention "other nice things", such as shooting that do not cause damage behind the tank, or even firing ammunition purchased with gold, or enemy tanks that disappear from your sight just a few meters away that you can see in the channel videos

One guy said here, "Cause more damage, contribute more to your team," and you will win!! Yes, yes, yes, perfect. Being top 3 is not enough. Leaving your base and in seconds being 0-2 down is your cause. You have to be God and be everywhere on the map shooting, but !! EYE!! From the first tenth of a second to start, you have ultra vision factories and super fast gun reloader, because if in 40 seconds you go 0-2 down, you’ll tell me how you make up two tanks less. It is assuming that wargaming has no balance , balance. You ( requires ) to be you and everyone who complains , a player 80% rating , in order to get 50% because you have to compensate the streak of bad players continuously. With what they force you to buy premiun.

By the way ! You will not see insults or taunts in the battle chat to any of the remaining 4 players of your team ,  will end all of them with zero damage caused , walking without shooting as usual

Perhaps it will be a matter of little transparency

https://www.youtube....7s0&app=desktop

But most likely,  it is a matter of confirmation bias.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

__Crusader6__ #1100 Posted 02 December 2019 - 06:24 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60212 battles
  • [-C6-]

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Angel_Lahoz

troll account?  

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users