Jump to content


Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
1217 replies to this topic

PanzerSleeper7 #1161 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:18 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 793 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    07-09-2013

So someone said earlier in the comments "Your personal skill will ultimately determine your winrate" -

Really? That's just not true - too many factors in play - players familiarity of the map, there skill levels, the players who think there invincible and just charge ahead, and the MM system throwing in newbees onto your team.

Today I have a 10% win rate, after having a 50% win rate for a long time. Every once in while I have a "bad day" -my definition is that it's not really my bad day, somehow I suspect the MM system-there's just to many variables in this game. It's too bad that I really considering dropping this game from my time schedule. I'm looking for something fun, and this is starting to fall off the list.



TonnerreCadien #1162 Posted 31 December 2019 - 02:19 AM

    Cabri dans le Maïs

  • Players
  • 46165 battles
  • 2,553
  • [HAHA]
  • Member since:
    05-23-2015

View PostBellatormonk, on 30 December 2019 - 04:45 PM, said:

 

Funny you should say that since it's so warm there this year, they are importing Snow onto the streets for New Years Eve celebrations.  It's more likely going to be a very cold day in hell before we ever get an actual and truthful answer on such things.


I should consult the weather before I make blanket statements like that! D'oh!

 


b5cjLSY.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

Des fois ce jeu est laid comme un coin de banquette, laisses-mon te dire...


NubSlayer2020 #1163 Posted 31 December 2019 - 06:09 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2365 battles
  • 2
  • [ZBLUE]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2019
Matchmaking sucks!  That's all there is to say

__Crusader6__ #1164 Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:22 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 63472 battles
  • 12,851
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostUnsungRogue, on 30 December 2019 - 05:13 PM, said:

Crusader,  I know this probably belongs elsewhere but do you think they will hotfix the penetration issue everyone is experiencing prior to next patch dropping?   I think you did a really good explanation of the likely source I just can’t find the thread right now.  If they could hotfix this it would go a long way toward fixing collective frustration.


Was done already.  Solved the issue from what I can see. 
   Hasn’t solved the braindead holiday team effect though :facepalm:

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  402/406 Aced
 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


NoobieDude #1165 Posted 31 December 2019 - 08:37 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3191 battles
  • 1,888
  • [CYRUS]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View Post__Crusader6__, on 31 December 2019 - 12:22 PM, said:



   Hasn’t solved the braindead holiday team effect though :facepalm:

 

Yeah with only 3+k battles i cant go out as much. But the games i have played....:P



Mako__Reizei___ #1166 Posted 01 January 2020 - 07:54 AM

    Sleepyhead

  • Players
  • 7498 battles
  • 420
  • [ALIAS]
  • Member since:
    07-03-2016
Holiday braindeads = More damage dealt+damage blocked for my Maus lol.

Must. Have. 60%. Winrate. Under. 0.5%. Platoon. Rate!!! (30 day)

 

Maus addict, might play alt account more just to play Maus... (Nano_Virus)


joes1500 #1167 Posted 05 January 2020 - 07:56 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 21562 battles
  • 81
  • [P-BOD]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2016

This appears to be another case of [edited]on my part.

 


Edited by joes1500, 05 January 2020 - 08:28 PM.


Si1verBlood #1168 Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:28 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 16839 battles
  • 1,046
  • [MORTM]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 07 December 2019 - 11:19 PM, said:

As you failed to heed the warnings you have been permanently disabled from posting. 

OMG you finally did it XD....just so you know...this spanish guy is on EU forums spewing the same agenda......I thought it was really funny a few months ago


https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

 


Si1verBlood #1169 Posted 11 January 2020 - 02:48 PM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 16839 battles
  • 1,046
  • [MORTM]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

View PostPanzerSleeper7, on 30 December 2019 - 09:18 PM, said:

So someone said earlier in the comments "Your personal skill will ultimately determine your winrate" -

Really? That's just not true - too many factors in play - players familiarity of the map, there skill levels, the players who think there invincible and just charge ahead, and the MM system throwing in newbees onto your team.

Today I have a 10% win rate, after having a 50% win rate for a long time. Every once in while I have a "bad day" -my definition is that it's not really my bad day, somehow I suspect the MM system-there's just to many variables in this game. It's too bad that I really considering dropping this game from my time schedule. I'm looking for something fun, and this is starting to fall off the list.

It does determine how much of a big factor you ae to pull a Victory...in mm you are the only constant,so your skill is part of that constant. This is only applicable if you are good at the game...why? because if you aren't, you fail to be factor that skews the victory in your favor and instead do the oposite, or make no change. Playing a few games wont show this...playing  100 in the same tank will show it tho


https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

 


oldman15000 #1170 Posted 11 January 2020 - 10:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2731 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016

View PostSi1verBlood, on 11 January 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

It does determine how much of a big factor you ae to pull a Victory...in mm you are the only constant,so your skill is part of that constant. This is only applicable if you are good at the game...why? because if you aren't, you fail to be factor that skews the victory in your favor and instead do the oposite, or make no change. Playing a few games wont show this...playing  100 in the same tank will show it tho


What do you base this on?  If WOT doesn't tell you how they MM how can you make that statement? (Not trying to be antagonistic, just want to get some insight) Since update 6.6 I can't even buy a victory.  I am a 54% (and change) player.  My original ID was 52% for the longest time.  Since 6.6 my WR is steadily dropping.  I can score1000 to 2000 damage usually.  My losses have been so many times completely unbalanced ( 1-6, 1-7,).  I am a good player but not a great player but, so many times I am the highest WR on the team with a bunch of Nubs that have no idea what they are doing.  Other times I am in the middle of the pack with a bunch of players better than me and we still Consistently lose. I have seen so many 500- 2000 battle players running tier 7-9 premium tanks and have no idea how to play except to try and rush in and take your kill after you have pounded it to death.  They will come right in and push you out of the way and put the last shot in the enemy.  Now I really don't care about the kill because I got the damage points but, the point is, instead of trying to kill another enemy the do nothing until they see an opportunity to Steal/take another players kill..

I have run through these periods of lopsided battles and Nub problems before but, I have never seen it this bad.   Losing 10-15 battles in a row is getting old.  So if you can enlighten me I honestly would appreciate it. No sarcasm is intended.



Si1verBlood #1171 Posted 12 January 2020 - 01:28 AM

    The Armored Garbage Truck

  • Players
  • 16839 battles
  • 1,046
  • [MORTM]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015
Non of your 30 days stats demonstrate that you have been losing 10-15 battles in a row...unless you were switching vehicles every single battle.....they show that you have been consistently average which is honestly not bad for someone with 2.5k battles....unless that is your reroll...what you have been experiencing (the "kill stealing") is the usual event retrdation. People only play for missions so they can get free rewards...Nobody here can buy a victory....

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

 


oldman15000 #1172 Posted 12 January 2020 - 02:53 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2731 battles
  • 41
  • Member since:
    12-24-2016

View PostSi1verBlood, on 12 January 2020 - 01:28 AM, said:

Non of your 30 days stats demonstrate that you have been losing 10-15 battles in a row...unless you were switching vehicles every single battle.....they show that you have been consistently average which is honestly not bad for someone with 2.5k battles....unless that is your reroll...what you have been experiencing (the "kill stealing") is the usual event retrdation. People only play for missions so they can get free rewards...Nobody here can buy a victory....

My other ID is the one I have been losing with and I have just stopped playing it for a while.  I kept losing in that ID and to be honest I should have stopped playing it then but, I got frustrated and kept trying different tanks to see if anything would help.  I should have stopped.  Thanks for your input!  I appreciate it!


Edited by oldman15000, 12 January 2020 - 02:54 PM.


joes1500 #1173 Posted 14 January 2020 - 05:25 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 21562 battles
  • 81
  • [P-BOD]
  • Member since:
    10-06-2016

Played 9 games so far today, lost 7 won 2.  Low tier 7, same tier 2.  One of the battles where I was same tier, my team was totally outmatched. Example:

 

Green

       

Red

     

Tank

# Battles

WR

Damage

 

Tank

# Battles

WR

Damage

VK 28.01

18629

48.33

634

 

Smasher

66995

64.86

3106

VK 30.02

6094

52.78

486

 

Dracula

24961

53.57

2062

KV13

20992

47.15

385

 

KV1S

59000

58.32

1025

Smasher

6491

52.7

354

 

T29

12005

61.48

600

KV1S

19629

44.86

333

 

MT25

5092

54.01

528

ChiRi

35139

51.33

215

 

Y5

6372

49.98

492

Kuro Mori

6688

43.82

0

 

SPIC

21552

48.16

377

Total

113662

340.97

2407

   

195977

390.38

8190

Average

16237.43

48.71

343.86

   

27996.71

55.77

1170.00


I am not saying MM is broken but this is pure [edited].  This has always been a problem with Blitz but, since 6.6 it has reached the point that it is out of control.  People in the forums have said if a player does nothing they should win 30% of the time so how do I Bust my butt and keep winding up with 22.22% or similar WR since 6.6.  My WR was 47.20% (up from 45% in approximately last 5000 games, not great but definitely improving), now down to 47.15, 30 day was at 52% before 6.6 now down to 43.70%.

After reading some of the recent posts on this thread, it is apparent I am not the only one seeing this trend. So I don't feel MM is picking on poor little old me.  

 

Another observation:

I do see a difference in whether I am low tier or high tier depending on what server I am on.  I started tracking this after another player mentioned it in the forum that he was seeing the same thing.  Can anybody tell me what the difference is in the two servers?

 

 



__Crusader6__ #1174 Posted 15 January 2020 - 04:57 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 63472 battles
  • 12,851
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postjoes1500, on 14 January 2020 - 12:25 PM, said:

Played 9 games so far today, lost 7 won 2.  Low tier 7, same tier 2.  One of the battles where I was same tier, my team was totally outmatched. Example:

 

Green

       

Red

     

Tank

# Battles

WR

Damage

 

Tank

# Battles

WR

Damage

VK 28.01

18629

48.33

634

 

Smasher

66995

64.86

3106

VK 30.02

6094

52.78

486

 

Dracula

24961

53.57

2062

KV13

20992

47.15

385

 

KV1S

59000

58.32

1025

Smasher

6491

52.7

354

 

T29

12005

61.48

600

KV1S

19629

44.86

333

 

MT25

5092

54.01

528

ChiRi

35139

51.33

215

 

Y5

6372

49.98

492

Kuro Mori

6688

43.82

0

 

SPIC

21552

48.16

377

Total

113662

340.97

2407

   

195977

390.38

8190

Average

16237.43

48.71

343.86

   

27996.71

55.77

1170.00


I am not saying MM is broken but this is pure [edited].  This has always been a problem with Blitz but, since 6.6 it has reached the point that it is out of control.  People in the forums have said if a player does nothing they should win 30% of the time so how do I Bust my butt and keep winding up with 22.22% or similar WR since 6.6.  My WR was 47.20% (up from 45% in approximately last 5000 games, not great but definitely improving), now down to 47.15, 30 day was at 52% before 6.6 now down to 43.70%.

After reading some of the recent posts on this thread, it is apparent I am not the only one seeing this trend. So I don't feel MM is picking on poor little old me.  

 

Another observation:

I do see a difference in whether I am low tier or high tier depending on what server I am on.  I started tracking this after another player mentioned it in the forum that he was seeing the same thing.  Can anybody tell me what the difference is in the two servers?

 

 

You have a .9 DR, .98 Kill/Death, .66 spot rate, 32% Survival Rate, and barely over 110 damage/ tier. 
   It’s not MM, it’s a you issue. 
You clearly don’t understand many of the game mechanics. 
 


 

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  402/406 Aced
 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


NoobieDude #1175 Posted 15 January 2020 - 05:06 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3191 battles
  • 1,888
  • [CYRUS]
  • Member since:
    11-29-2017

View Post__Crusader6__, on 15 January 2020 - 08:57 AM, said:

You have a .9 DR, .98 Kill/Death, .66 spot rate, 32% Survival Rate, and barely over 110 damage/ tier. 
   It’s not MM, it’s a you issue. 
You clearly don’t understand many of the game mechanics. 
 


 

 


Ouch! joes1500.



Bellatormonk #1176 Posted 10 February 2020 - 06:59 PM

    Tinfoil Knight

  • Players
  • 29845 battles
  • 1,320
  • [MASHU]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

I enjoyed Real Mode again as in the past (having stop playing shortly after Thanksgiving or so).  I had zero complaints about MM, players, RNG etc (in Real) with the exception of the usual frustration of just bad players or blatant RNG low rolls sometimes.  However, the mechanics of Real Mode countered all the usual complaints for nearly EVERY match.

 

What is amazing and telling about Real Mode is that you can see how so many "great" players get absolutely crushed w/o the crutches of Regular mode.  It really did and does come down to REAL situational awareness and careful shooting at the tank weak points w/o targets constantly lit up as red outlines and shades of grey/yellow and red to tell you when and where to pen.

 

It's just a fantastic mode..flat out.  I'm out again and will come back when Real Mode is active (mid-Feb if I read right) and only when that mode is available in the future.



kinany #1177 Posted 10 February 2020 - 11:29 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17173 battles
  • 10
  • [INBED]
  • Member since:
    06-30-2014
Can u please fix match making I love this game but find myself playing more and more war thunder teams are so lopsided one side has no players over 50% and the other team has 3 55% and a 60% with a ton of matches under their belt it’s ridiculous. Past year or so I only really play tournaments at least u get 7 people on the same page there and working like a team ...no one yolo’s or is afk.

__Crusader6__ #1178 Posted 11 February 2020 - 11:09 PM

    Annoying Mod

  • Players
  • 63472 battles
  • 12,851
  • [SURG3]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View Postkinany, on 10 February 2020 - 06:29 PM, said:

Can u please fix match making I love this game but find myself playing more and more war thunder teams are so lopsided one side has no players over 50% and the other team has 3 55% and a 60% with a ton of matches under their belt it’s ridiculous. Past year or so I only really play tournaments at least u get 7 people on the same page there and working like a team ...no one yolo’s or is afk.


Can we please fix the playerbase.  
  Honestly take some responsibility.  
 

 



 
Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  402/406 Aced
 
 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner
 
Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

 


ShadowHawk_2112 #1179 Posted 17 February 2020 - 12:35 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 8121 battles
  • 3
  • Member since:
    01-30-2018

All they have to do is add a switch "ONLY PLAY MY TIER".  This will level the playing field.  WG refuses to answer my support tickets.  Also the Victory stats are rigged.  They make me play 4-5 matches before they add .01 percent to my stats.  RIGGED.

 



splatttt #1180 Posted 20 February 2020 - 07:40 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 5830 battles
  • 3
  • [SDMF]
  • Member since:
    03-07-2012

 

As a mostly tier 5 player I think matching up against KV2s smashers and the like is really needed to be rethought they are way over power for the class. makes the game not much fun when 1 shot kills are what you get all day long. You think your good and next thing you know is 1 shot from across the map and your dead.

 






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users