The game is set up so that if you really want to compete you need to spend $$$$

Bellatormonk #1182 Posted 21 February 2020 - 04:20 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29845 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Postsplatttt, on 20 February 2020 - 07:42 PM, said:

The game is set up so that if you really want to compete you need to spend $$$$

That's not true by any means.  The only reason to spend real money here occasionally is to buy the very very rare OP premium tank or maintain a premium account to make more silver and combat XP faster.  I don't think you will find many people in this game who agree that this is anywhere near pay to win.  It's an old complaint and I think given that Ribble recently release the WR stats of Tier 8-10..almost all high win rate tanks are tech tree tanks.

The flavor of the month premium tank always seems OP until they nerf it shortly thereafter (I think even C6 has pointed out the WZ120 being the only exception to date) or the knowledge of it's weakness or counter play style is revealed by the Unicums after extensive game play in a very short time period.

Now if for some reason paying for a premium account gave us preferred match making and you didn't get low tiered 75% of the time or didn't have to play with 40%er muggles 80% of the time...would that be pay to win?  :coin:

ODDEO_GUY #1183 Posted 21 February 2020 - 07:05 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 4532 battles
  • [EZCOM]
I would happily trade the new tank honeymoon period for even tiers. The 7-12 games top tier are completely overshadowed by the 70% bottom tier I get when grinding. 

Bellatormonk #1184 Posted 21 February 2020 - 10:24 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29845 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostODDEO_GUY, on 21 February 2020 - 07:05 PM, said:

I would happily trade the new tank honeymoon period for even tiers. The 7-12 games top tier are completely overshadowed by the 70% bottom tier I get when grinding. 

What honeymoon?  These days is more like a divorce party.  Any new tank I get these days usually ends up low tier and on a losing team the 1st 20 battles.  In all seriousness I would swear the honeymoon battles only apply to T6 or lower.

dall89115 #1185 Posted 22 February 2020 - 07:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 118 battles

I'm a newbee to Blitz, although I had close to 10k games in the old WOT before the number of cheaters and the nerfing of most good non-premium equipment (especially tank destroyers and arty!) made it useless to play any more. (There are only so many 1 shot kills you can handle after watching a dozen consecutive critical hit location shots "bounce off" your target, without even taking off a tread)

I tried Blitz a couple of evenings ago and was impressed by the team balance. (in the low tiers, as I have only worked up to tier 3 in a couple of tank lines and the rest are tier 1 or 2.) I lost a few and I won a few games and was able to survive most games while taking out from 1 to 7 enemy per game. I'm not a great player, but I am an excellent sniper and usually hit where I aim. About 6 PM (PST) on Friday night, suddenly in every game, the other team was filled with team members from different teams, but all with clan designations, while my team never had any clan designation players. My team lost every game, because most of my teammates were obvious newbees and didn't know how to work as a team. (I checked stats on numerous and never found any of my team mates with more than a couple of hundred games, while a check of the other team showed all with thousands of games) I have been known to do a little "seal clubbing" in my time, but this was out and out slaughter that the MM did nothing to balance. Experienced team players should not be allowed to choose to play together and use the other team for target practice. That is what drove many away from WOT and it appears that WOT Blitz is doing the same thing. (at least during the weekends!) I'll see if weekdays return to their fairly balanced teams before deciding if I need to uninstall this very nicely designed tank simulator! 

AT least I still have WOWS to fall back on as it hasn't gone the way of WOT and before it, WOWP......yet!

Dan_Deerso #1186 Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:28 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 27826 battles
  • [III]

View PostDarkness_X, on 17 February 2020 - 08:35 AM, said:

Also the Victory stats are rigged.  They make me play 4-5 matches before they add .01 percent to my stats.  RIGGED.

Your wins divided by your battles:

3,742 / 7,732 = 48.3963%
Add a win:
3,743 /
 7733 = 48.4029%

Add another win:

3744 / 7734 = 48.4096%

Add another win: 

3745 / 7735 = 48.4162%

Math.

Valkyrie04 #1187 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2501 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostDarkness_X, on 17 February 2020 - 12:35 PM, said:

Also the Victory stats are rigged.  They make me play 4-5 matches before they add .01 percent to my stats.  RIGGED.

Well, someone clearly missed the basic maths class

Si1verBlood #1188 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:44 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 16839 battles
  • [MORTM]

View Postdall89115, on 22 February 2020 - 02:41 PM, said:

My team lost every game, because most of my teammates were obvious newbees and didn't know how to work as a team. (I checked stats on numerous and never found any of my team mates with more than a couple of hundred games, while a check of the other team showed all with thousands of games) I have been known to do a little "seal clubbing" in my time, but this was out and out slaughter that the MM did nothing to balance. Experienced team players should not be allowed to choose to play together and use the other team for target practice. That is what drove many away from WOT and it appears that WOT Blitz is doing the same thing. (at least during the weekends!) I'll see if weekdays return to their fairly balanced teams before deciding if I need to uninstall this very nicely designed tank simulator! 

AT least I still have WOWS to fall back on as it hasn't gone the way of WOT and before it, WOWP......yet!

Are you talking about this account....or this is a reroll (reallly ironic if it is btw)... I am going to answer assuming this is your only account on blitz. First of all, at 114 battles at tier 1-2-3 you are still playing bots (which WG introduced to make an easy first impression for new players which is why you are currently holding a 8.27 k/d ratio.  Tiers 1-5  were severely nerfed and rendered bland in update 5.5 to , again, simplify the life for new players rendering seal clubbing unprofitable and unfun at those tier (e.a they removed all the derp guns)......You are quick to judge  the game considering that you have never reached the point of the game where the game truly becomes diverse.......now, let us talk about weekends: You have never experienced them yet, but it is the period of the week that a huge part of the playerbase that never plays otherwise is on, which makes you wonder if 90 % of the earth population is braindead...and that applies to your teams as well as the red teams.

About experienced players tooning, you are just wrong...you want to limit someones enjoyment of the game just because they are better/more experienced than you....how does that make any sense.....also it was confirmed that mm tries to put newer players against newer players (those with <5000 battles)....

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Si1verBlood

View Post__Crusader6__, on 22 February 2020 - 03:58 PM, said:

Accept that bad players are a feature of the game.   

dall89115 #1189 Posted 23 February 2020 - 08:02 PM

Private

• Players
  • 118 battles

Amazing how from Friday night to Sunday suddenly the lower tiers are constantly filled with one team of players with team/clan names attached while the other team is non-affiliated players. Talk about seal bashing! Every game is 7-0 in favor of the "team" members (all with many 1000's of games) over the non-"team" members, most in the 100-300 game range and none with even 1000 games. Don't tell me that is balanced MM! That is some of the same garbage that killed interest in the original WOT.

You want to recruit new players and yet you allow this type of lopsided games? This is not how you convince people to pay you money for your products? When at 6PM PST on Friday, I went from a good balance of wins versus losses and always was able to score a decent score to 100% losses and almost zero inflicted damage that continued through the entire weekend, there is no way that you can convince me that it is only my playing abilities and NOT a problem in the MM!

BTW: I had somewhere around 10k games before I finally uninstalled the original WOT. I gave up WOT because I got tired of being only cannon fodder in games where non-team and non-premium account players were almost always lowest tiered and unable to damage the higher tier player tanks. (I stopped using first my arty when they nerfed it to almost useless and then my tank destroyers for the same reason. I remember one update that suddenly prevented my accurate STUG III view slit coppola shots that could seriously damage heavies 2 tiers above me to every shot bouncing and finally to the point where I couldn't even track them.) This time, I worked my way to earning some tier 3 tanks in just the few weekdays since I decided to try Blitz. Since Friday night, I have added very close to zero experience or commander points! I did not suddenly forget how to play because it was a weekend, or there were less bots! Many of those I killed had team affiliations and several asked me if I'd like to join their clan and team.

If the lower tiers use a lot of bots to help the newbees learn the game, why are the bots missing on the weekends? A larger number of players on the weekends should mean more simultaneous games and NOT suddenly bots replaced by experienced players. (or do they assume that everyone is an expert by the time the weekend rolls around?) The rationale isn't logical unless someone is building profiles and stats for bots just like they do for human players. I have yet to find a single player on Blitz who doesn't have a profile and stats. It doesn't seem logical that bots would have those.

I used my WOWP/WOT/WOWS account info to make my new Blitz account and it didn't carry over any of my old WOT stats. To me this is the same old game I played for years and I was still holding a solid 50+% rate in the old WOT up until I removed it from my computer. (although that was dropping rapidly due to being low tiered in almost every game.) 

Edited by dall89115, 23 February 2020 - 08:49 PM.

__Crusader6__ #1190 Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:41 PM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63833 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postdall89115, on 23 February 2020 - 03:02 PM, said:

Amazing how from Friday night to Sunday suddenly the lower tiers are constantly filled with one team of players with team/clan names attached while the other team is non-affiliated players. Talk about seal bashing! Every game is 7-0 in favor of the "team" members (all with many 1000's of games) over the non-"team" members, most in the 100-300 game range and none with even 1000 games. Don't tell me that is balanced MM! That is some of the same garbage that killed interest in the original WOT.

You want to recruit new players and yet you allow this type of lopsided games? This is not how you convince people to pay you money for your products? When at 6PM PST on Friday, I went from a good balance of wins versus losses and always was able to score a decent score to 100% losses and almost zero inflicted damage that continued through the entire weekend, there is no way that you can convince me that it is only my playing abilities and NOT a problem in the MM!

BTW: I had somewhere around 10k games before I finally uninstalled the original WOT. I gave up WOT because I got tired of being only cannon fodder in games where non-team and non-premium account players were almost always lowest tiered and unable to damage the higher tier player tanks. (I stopped using first my arty when they nerfed it to almost useless and then my tank destroyers for the same reason. I remember one update that suddenly prevented my accurate STUG III view slit coppola shots that could seriously damage heavies 2 tiers above me to every shot bouncing and finally to the point where I couldn't even track them.) This time, I worked my way to earning some tier 3 tanks in just the few weekdays since I decided to try Blitz. Since Friday night, I have added very close to zero experience or commander points! I did not suddenly forget how to play because it was a weekend, or there were less bots! Many of those I killed had team affiliations and several asked me if I'd like to join their clan and team.

If the lower tiers use a lot of bots to help the newbees learn the game, why are the bots missing on the weekends? A larger number of players on the weekends should mean more simultaneous games and NOT suddenly bots replaced by experienced players. (or do they assume that everyone is an expert by the time the weekend rolls around?) The rationale isn't logical unless someone is building profiles and stats for bots just like they do for human players. I have yet to find a single player on Blitz who doesn't have a profile and stats. It doesn't seem logical that bots would have those.

I used my WOWP/WOT/WOWS account info to make my new Blitz account and it didn't carry over any of my old WOT stats. To me this is the same old game I played for years and I was still holding a solid 50+% rate in the old WOT up until I removed it from my computer. (although that was dropping rapidly due to being low tiered in almost every game.) 

https://www.blitzsta...r/com/dall89115

You started playing tier 3 and are now finding players on the other team.

You wasted 7/8ths of your rant on a WOT complaint.

Tank Hoarder: 399 tanks in Garage:  407/408 Aced
Missing Ace: Pantera P44. 
NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

SAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed #1191 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 28431 battles

"Match Maker" is a complete joke!

And should be turned off.

It's ONLY PURPOSE is to give WoTB COMPLETE CONTROL over players. 

And here's why!

#1. It's the absolute WRONG format for measuring a players performance. Taking a groups performance out come of a battle to give to a single player is not a way to evaluate a players skills. In fact it is completely the oppisite. At the very best it would only be indicating "how lucky or unlucky" any one player has been "letting WoTB's MATCH MAKER decide" wether a player is either on the winning team more or the losing team more. So "IT IS NOT MEASURING A PLAYERS SKILL LEVEL" just their "LUCK LEVEL".

(Example: player loses 7 out of 10 battles even though the player had placed no less than 3rd in damages in all 10 battles (some he even took 1st in damages and won the battle for the team). Which means he was a skilled player but his "Win Rate Percentage" will go down making it look like he's NOT !  And according to WoTB statements on "WIN RATE" this is a quote;"the higher the win rate a player achieves the more benefits the player will accomplish" end quote. (in other words more help from WoTB) On the other hand, that means there is a good possibility that on the enemy team a player won 7 out of those 10 battles and didn't do any better than 5th in damages out of all 10 battles (and even had 2 battles were he left the game and had zero damages). Behold, his "WIN RATING" will go up and look like he is a good player but will actually be a poor player who just got "LUCKY". Or for a more scary reason because "MATCH MAKER" (who is controlled by WoTB) had selected that player for those battles. GIVING that player a better score for whatever reason WoTB wants to. (There are no reason for using battle wins and losses as a way to judge a players abilities and skills that I can see.) But WoTB technicians "INSIST" that a players level of skill will "EVENTUALLY" make a difference in a battles out come. The affect 1 players skills out of 7 players abilities to win any one battle would be so TOTALLY MINISCULE it TRULY wouldn't make any difference to anybody's WIN RATE in the long run. It's a just plain ridiculous thinking.

NOW here's the REALLY STRANGE PART about all of this. Would a computer programmed to help "balance" battles with all the information and data it could possibly need to really fine tune the selection of tanks for a battle really screw up so much making those critical decisions that a player could even have 7 losses out of 10 battles?  And I can tell you, I have had 22 losses out of 25 battles. Thats 9 losses out of 10 battles. Shear LUCK has better odds. (odds like that are impossible in virtually any computer game in exsistance) So there must be some sort of manipulation to get results like these. Now you would think this amount of "Miss Match" going on would MOST CERTAINLY get the attention of the WoTB technician's who's job it is to MONITOR and REPAIR this system and equipment. But, WoTB technicians "INSIST" that the system is working perferctly fine but offer absolutely NO PROOF OF IT. And if you push for more information they will just give you an automated response to that ticket saying this issue will no longer be answered and your ticket closed. Such a nice support team ! But "INDEED" this is exactly what WoTB is doing. (and I know why).

#2. Match Maker can select a player for battles of 1 tier higher or 1 tier lower or the same tier of the tier tank the player is going to battle with. Which doesn't sound all that bad if you get a lot more lower tier battles than higher tier ones. Now if "Match Maker" really worked the way WoTB says it does the amount of higher and lower tier battles should roughly be 50/50. But what if it isn't ? How many times do you consider your win/loss battles were caused by tier placement instead of bad players performance? This is a lot more important to a players win/loss ratio than you may think. Every player knows it is a heck of a lot easier to damage a lower tier enemy tank than a higher one. But do you actually know by how much? It can be as much as 10X's harder or about 10% more skill and equipment would be needed to even penetrate the enemy. And WoTB knowing this gives a player no more points for shooting a higher tank than a lower one or same tier enemy tank. How is that fair ? You think the higher tier tanks don't like having that advantage? So a tier X (10) tank has no worries. They will ALWAYS be fighting against a "same" or "LOWER" tier. Just for that reason alone the game is NOT FAIR and has (what I call) "loop holes" ! Ways for a player to have advatages over other players. But AGAIN, WoTB technicians "INSISTS" that "MATCH MAKER" takes these advantages into account when selecting teams "UNLESS" there are not enough players to fill a team. Then they will use what ever tanks are available. In other words "Sorry dude, we had no choice but to put you into a meat grinder" and even though you got destroyed in 5 seconds "the Match Maker system" is working perfectly !

EXAMPLE: Lets say you play 10 battles in a row for a 1 hour session. Your win/loss is 6 losses and 4 wins an almost 50/50 session. Now how many of those battles were a higher tier battle ? What if your win/loss was 7 losses and 3 win ? Is "Match Maker" going to now balance your win/loss ratio and let you have more lower tier battles ? I have NEVER had any string of more lower tier battles than higher ones. But somebody must ! Because I have had 10 in a row back to back to back battles of higher tier battles and the absolute MOST lower tier battles I ever had in a row was 2. What do you think that does to your win rating ? Hows that for a computer program designed to even sides on a battle field?

I have at least 5 more examples of Match Makers TOTAL FAILURES to accomplish the "balancing of play" that WoTB is claiming it does. But will have to wait.

Toot-a-loo

splatttt #1192 Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:41 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6167 battles
  • [SDMF]
Well im done with this game. I play mostly Tier V because I love the leopard. but not anymore. Almost every match is a couple tier V against tier VIs KV2s and the like. not much fun when you can barely do any damage and get killed with one shot. It's shame I like the game but tired of the unfairness of it. I play a lot during the day and very few matches are tire Vs and almost never and Tier IVs

__Crusader6__ #1193 Posted 02 March 2020 - 06:36 PM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63833 battles
  • [SURG3]

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 26 February 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

And here's why!

#1. It's the absolute WRONG format for measuring a players performance. Taking a groups performance out come of a battle to give to a single player is not a way to evaluate a players skills. In fact it is completely the oppisite. At the very best it would only be indicating "how lucky or unlucky" any one player has been "letting WoTB's MATCH MAKER decide" wether a player is either on the winning team more or the losing team more. So "IT IS NOT MEASURING A PLAYERS SKILL LEVEL" just their "LUCK LEVEL".

(Example: player loses 7 out of 10 battles even though the player had placed no less than 3rd in damages in all 10 battles (some he even took 1st in damages and won the battle for the team). Which means he was a skilled player but his "Win Rate Percentage" will go down making it look like he's NOT !  And according to WoTB statements on "WIN RATE" this is a quote;"the higher the win rate a player achieves the more benefits the player will accomplish" end quote. (in other words more help from WoTB) On the other hand, that means there is a good possibility that on the enemy team a player won 7 out of those 10 battles and didn't do any better than 5th in damages out of all 10 battles (and even had 2 battles were he left the game and had zero damages). Behold, his "WIN RATING" will go up and look like he is a good player but will actually be a poor player who just got "LUCKY". Or for a more scary reason because "MATCH MAKER" (who is controlled by WoTB) had selected that player for those battles. GIVING that player a better score for whatever reason WoTB wants to. (There are no reason for using battle wins and losses as a way to judge a players abilities and skills that I can see.) But WoTB technicians "INSIST" that a players level of skill will "EVENTUALLY" make a difference in a battles out come. The affect 1 players skills out of 7 players abilities to win any one battle would be so TOTALLY MINISCULE it TRULY wouldn't make any difference to anybody's WIN RATE in the long run. It's a just plain ridiculous thinking.

NOW here's the REALLY STRANGE PART about all of this. Would a computer programmed to help "balance" battles with all the information and data it could possibly need to really fine tune the selection of tanks for a battle really screw up so much making those critical decisions that a player could even have 7 losses out of 10 battles?  And I can tell you, I have had 22 losses out of 25 battles. Thats 9 losses out of 10 battles. Shear LUCK has better odds. (odds like that are impossible in virtually any computer game in exsistance) So there must be some sort of manipulation to get results like these. Now you would think this amount of "Miss Match" going on would MOST CERTAINLY get the attention of the WoTB technician's who's job it is to MONITOR and REPAIR this system and equipment. But, WoTB technicians "INSIST" that the system is working perferctly fine but offer absolutely NO PROOF OF IT. And if you push for more information they will just give you an automated response to that ticket saying this issue will no longer be answered and your ticket closed. Such a nice support team ! But "INDEED" this is exactly what WoTB is doing. (and I know why).

#2. Match Maker can select a player for battles of 1 tier higher or 1 tier lower or the same tier of the tier tank the player is going to battle with. Which doesn't sound all that bad if you get a lot more lower tier battles than higher tier ones. Now if "Match Maker" really worked the way WoTB says it does the amount of higher and lower tier battles should roughly be 50/50. But what if it isn't ? How many times do you consider your win/loss battles were caused by tier placement instead of bad players performance? This is a lot more important to a players win/loss ratio than you may think. Every player knows it is a heck of a lot easier to damage a lower tier enemy tank than a higher one. But do you actually know by how much? It can be as much as 10X's harder or about 10% more skill and equipment would be needed to even penetrate the enemy. And WoTB knowing this gives a player no more points for shooting a higher tank than a lower one or same tier enemy tank. How is that fair ? You think the higher tier tanks don't like having that advantage? So a tier X (10) tank has no worries. They will ALWAYS be fighting against a "same" or "LOWER" tier. Just for that reason alone the game is NOT FAIR and has (what I call) "loop holes" ! Ways for a player to have advatages over other players. But AGAIN, WoTB technicians "INSISTS" that "MATCH MAKER" takes these advantages into account when selecting teams "UNLESS" there are not enough players to fill a team. Then they will use what ever tanks are available. In other words "Sorry dude, we had no choice but to put you into a meat grinder" and even though you got destroyed in 5 seconds "the Match Maker system" is working perfectly !

EXAMPLE: Lets say you play 10 battles in a row for a 1 hour session. Your win/loss is 6 losses and 4 wins an almost 50/50 session. Now how many of those battles were a higher tier battle ? What if your win/loss was 7 losses and 3 win ? Is "Match Maker" going to now balance your win/loss ratio and let you have more lower tier battles ? I have NEVER had any string of more lower tier battles than higher ones. But somebody must ! Because I have had 10 in a row back to back to back battles of higher tier battles and the absolute MOST lower tier battles I ever had in a row was 2. What do you think that does to your win rating ? Hows that for a computer program designed to even sides on a battle field?

I have at least 5 more examples of Match Makers TOTAL FAILURES to accomplish the "balancing of play" that WoTB is claiming it does. But will have to wait.

Toot-a-loo

MM is random -- random doesn't mean fair or balanced for certain matches, all that means is over time it will be fair and balanced.  Go play 100 games and look at the results, it is not luck over time.

High and low tier issues are a factor of the queue -- WG doesn't just decide that you are going to get targeted, the tier you play, the time you play, and everyone else doing the same has a vote.

Certain tiers are bound to be low tier more often.

Play tier X and you are always high tier -- problem solved...

View Postsplatttt, on 27 February 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

Well im done with this game. I play mostly Tier V because I love the leopard. but not anymore. Almost every match is a couple tier V against tier VIs KV2s and the like. not much fun when you can barely do any damage and get killed with one shot. It's shame I like the game but tired of the unfairness of it. I play a lot during the day and very few matches are tire Vs and almost never and Tier IVs

Clearly neither of you played in +/-2 MM.  

SAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed #1194 Posted 02 March 2020 - 09:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 28431 battles

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 26 February 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

And here's why!

Toot-a-loo

MM is random -- random doesn't mean fair or balanced for certain matches, all that means is over time it will be fair and balanced.  Go play 100 games and look at the results, it is not luck over time.

High and low tier issues are a factor of the queue -- WG doesn't just decide that you are going to get targeted, the tier you play, the time you play, and everyone else doing the same has a vote.

Certain tiers are bound to be low tier more often.

Play tier X and you are always high tier -- problem solved...

View Postsplatttt, on 27 February 2020 - 05:41 PM, said:

Clearly neither of you played in +/-2 MM.  

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crusader 6,

Why did you bother to respond to this ? From what you posted here you think both of us are just a couple of NEWBIES ! I would think 28000 battles and 4 years just the opposite! Considering this forum is FULL of experienced players COMPLAINING about MM (match maker) I'd have to read you as a WoTB "company" player. Which would mean you have been given some form of compensation along the line. Which to me, would be the same as asking WoTB support persons about this. They are a complete waste of time. USELESS !

Match Maker doesn't do what WoTB says it is suppose to do period. Time is not the issue. 100 battles you say ? Try 10000 ! The results are the same. NO COMPUTER that is programmed to "BALANCE" matchs can be so faulty as make any player lose 9 out of 10 battles (or 9000 out of 10000) and say it is WORKING AS IT WAS MADE TO. If you have any INTELLIGENT information that disproves this PLEASE enlighten us all with this wisdom. I only see players now a days with under 1000 battles with over 50% win ratings playing in tier X (10) battles and LOSING like the NUBS they are. Why are they even at that level ?

__Crusader6__ #1195 Posted 02 March 2020 - 10:21 PM

Very Very Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 63833 battles
  • [SURG3]

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 02 March 2020

Crusader 6,

Why did you bother to respond to this ? From what you posted here you think both of us are just a couple of NEWBIES ! I would think 28000 battles and 4 years just the opposite! Considering this forum is FULL of experienced players COMPLAINING about MM (match maker) I'd have to read you as a WoTB "company" player. Which would mean you have been given some form of compensation along the line. Which to me, would be the same as asking WoTB support persons about this. They are a complete waste of time. USELESS !

Match Maker doesn't do what WoTB says it is suppose to do period. Time is not the issue. 100 battles you say ? Try 10000 ! The results are the same. NO COMPUTER that is programmed to "BALANCE" matchs can be so faulty as make any player lose 9 out of 10 battles (or 9000 out of 10000) and say it is WORKING AS IT WAS MADE TO. If you have any INTELLIGENT information that disproves this PLEASE enlighten us all with this wisdom. I only see players now a days with under 1000 battles with over 50% win ratings playing in tier X (10) battles and LOSING like the NUBS they are. Why are they even at that level ?

I’ve seen you play.  As I said in the PM reply it’s a you issue.  
    Learn your tanks, learn terrain and strengths and weakness and make others complain about MM. 

THERebrth #1196 Posted 05 March 2020 - 01:43 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5411 battles
  • [-RVG-]
i need confirmation that being on a team with more meds makes you more likely to win and with the opposite being true. I swear no matter how hard not to think about it always feels like a pinch everytime the mm shows me that the other team has one extra fast tank. Especially now with stupid tanks like the sheridan or the T92e1 running around

SAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed #1197 Posted 05 March 2020 - 06:12 AM

Private

• Players
  • 28431 battles

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 02 March 2020

Crusader 6,

Learn your tanks, learn terrain and strengths and weakness and make others complain about MM. 

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I've seen you do what I guess a newby would call playing ! And like I've said it's a WoTB MM issue and if you weren't so babied (GIVEN SPECIAL TREATMENT) by WoTB you'd see it for yourself ! I have NO IDEA why you are even responding to any players ? You have NO proof of ANYTHING YOU CHAT ABOUT or at least you haven't shown any yet that I've seen. And if I was getting pampered with special favors from WoTB I guess I surely wouldn't be complaining about Match Maker either. I mean even YOU have to admit: YOUR NOT THAT GREAT A PLAYER and yet by some kind of MIRACLE you get a lot more ricochets and bounces and missed shot from the enemy than you give them RIGHT ?  Of course I am. Thats what WoTB says it will do for the "more skilled players" ( players that WoTB has GIVEN special assistance to become more skilled) heck they don't hide this fact. Now as we all know they have given more support (favors) to the newer players to QUOTE: "help the newer players adapt more quickly to the game play by MAKING IT EASIER FOR THEM" END QUOTE. And NOW they are playing at level tier X with no useful experience so they cost EVERY PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM LOSSES ! So I guess if you are like me or "Crusader 6" here with tons of game played and get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to HELP US for ANY REASON AT ALL !  Thats like saying, we really like all you old players to please keep spending your money so we can give big favors to the new players who spend very little. OR your shitouttaluck old players. HOW NICE of them. Crusader you just keep on praising the devil because there is NO DOUBT in my mind he for certain already has your soul. Bought and paid for.

Now once again, IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT to reply with I know I would love to hear from a WoTB Battle GOD like yourself. But from what I've read so far, you have been very disappointing.  

Dan_Deerso #1198 Posted 05 March 2020 - 08:14 AM

Tankologist

• Players
  • 27826 battles
  • [III]

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 05 March 2020 - 02:12 AM, said:

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

And I've seen you do what I guess a newby would call playing ! And like I've said it's a WoTB MM issue and if you weren't so babied (GIVEN SPECIAL TREATMENT) by WoTB you'd see it for yourself ! I have NO IDEA why you are even responding to any players ? You have NO proof of ANYTHING YOU CHAT ABOUT or at least you haven't shown any yet that I've seen. And if I was getting pampered with special favors from WoTB I guess I surely wouldn't be complaining about Match Maker either. I mean even YOU have to admit: YOUR NOT THAT GREAT A PLAYER and yet by some kind of MIRACLE you get a lot more ricochets and bounces and missed shot from the enemy than you give them RIGHT ?  Of course I am. Thats what WoTB says it will do for the "more skilled players" ( players that WoTB has GIVEN special assistance to become more skilled) heck they don't hide this fact. Now as we all know they have given more support (favors) to the newer players to QUOTE: "help the newer players adapt more quickly to the game play by MAKING IT EASIER FOR THEM" END QUOTE. And NOW they are playing at level tier X with no useful experience so they cost EVERY PLAYER ON THEIR TEAM LOSSES ! So I guess if you are like me or "Crusader 6" here with tons of game played and get ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to HELP US for ANY REASON AT ALL !  Thats like saying, we really like all you old players to please keep spending your money so we can give big favors to the new players who spend very little. OR your shitouttaluck old players. HOW NICE of them. Crusader you just keep on praising the devil because there is NO DOUBT in my mind he for certain already has your soul. Bought and paid for.

Now once again, IF YOU HAVE ANYTHING INTELLIGENT to reply with I know I would love to hear from a WoTB Battle GOD like yourself. But from what I've read so far, you have been very disappointing.  

View PostSAFETY_OFF_Weapons_Armed, on 26 February 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

And here's why!

Toot-a-loo

The playerbase complains about matchmaker (and buys loot boxes and scratchoffs and etc.) because the average person has about the same level of knowledge of probabilities that a dog has of cars. They know what it looks like, they kind've know what it does, but they don't understand what makes it tick or how to use it. So, math time.

Imagine a bucket of different sized marbles, all between 0.25 grams and 0.75 grams with a normal distribution (i.e. the marbles are more likely to be close to the 0.5 gram average, for instance you have a lot of marbles between .45g and .55g but only a few below .3g or above .7g). Take one, and name it whatever you want. That's your marble, and in this example your skill level is represented by the marble's size.  It should be pretty self-evident that the more skill you have, the more you influence the battle towards a win, and vice-versa.

Now take a balance scale. Put your marble on one side, then take six random marbles from the bucket and put them on your side. Take seven more random marbles and put them on the other side. If your side is heavier, you "win". Put all the marbles back in the bucket except your own. Repeat for a while until you have a good number of results.

Say you want to figure out how heavy your marble is, but you're not able to weigh it. With some math, some knowns, and enough repetition, you can figure out roughly how much your marble weighs by simply looking at how often it "wins" on the balance, and you can become even more certain of the weight with more repetitions. The seven random marbles on the other side will average out to 0.5 grams with a normal distribution, and the six on your side will average out to the same. So, even though the marbles on both your side and the opposing side are different and random every time, you can still judge the size of your own marble using probabilities, in this case winrate. If you "win" 55% of the time, your marble probably weighs about .575 grams, and your "skill" has been assessed. 

For Blitz it's not quite that simple, as there's no way to measure raw skill directly. All you can infer in Blitz is a marble that "wins" 75% of the time over the course of ten thousand measurements is definitely much heavier than one that only "wins" 45%.

Make sense? 

Tackywheat1 #1199 Posted 09 March 2020 - 01:57 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 12629 battles
  • [T-T-T]

Platted with superfly

horrible string of games followed

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

Surfex #1200 Posted 09 March 2020 - 07:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 10948 battles
  • [PNXF]

Ahhh yes... the "coincidental" 10 game losing streaks experienced by hundreds of thousands of players thousands of times is just "coincidental". [edited]

WG just flat out lies about the MM. It's insulting to the player base because the odds of a hundred thousand players having the exact same experience hundreds/thousands of times to the point of being 100% predictable – being some random anomaly of luck... lol... it's so high it's approaching infinity. 

It all comes down to MONETIZATION. This is an actual real industry with most gaming companies being Monetization Foundries first that use video games as a revenue source. WG is clearly one of these. 

If people understood the sheer amount of data, psychology, science, algorithms – that go into every decision and action made by players... they would run from modern games screaming. 

The matchmaker is set up to keep players looking for that next "magical" tank that is going to make their lives better and give them more wins. It's 100% based on psychology driven monetization. 

Those with a predisposition to gambling addiction are flagged as a percentage of the player base - and this determines crates or direct revenue. 

The first 10 games of level advantage are designed to give a dopamine hit as a reward and feeling good about the purchase. 

Then comes the guilt as WG implements the forced contrived losses that leaves the gamer looking for the next tank...

Game is designed to keep people coming back looking for that pot of gold that they will never find. The Matchmaker is the primary tool of control. 

• Player skill, win rate, vehicle nation, and modules aren't taken into account by the matchmaker.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users