• Please log in to reply
1483 replies to this topic

j_rod #1261 Posted 14 May 2020 - 04:06 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostSurfex, on 13 May 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yes, and don't listen to [moderated]. It's been proven over and over again that the game is rigged with monetization algorithms.

Remember that the game is first and foremost, designed to make money, not as some altruistic form of entertainment. It is designed to push you forward/advance - if you spend too much time in level 7, you will see your tier and win rate drop to encourage you to progress by purchasing higher tier vehicles, or exp to get higher tier. 

All games are managed.

It is also tank dependent it seems. 

Example: games played at tier 7-8-even (out of 100 games - data gleaned from 9 player accounts)

Tiger (p): 63 - 29 - 8

Panther M/10: 61 - 34 - 5

Smasher: 93 - 4 - 3

As you can see, the average in tier 7 is around 62% after 100 games.

Smasher is 93% in tier 7 after the nerfs in late January. 

Of note, WG was unable to explain the massive discrepancy between their stated ~50% and ~93%. Their coding staff consisting of mathematicians and contracted monetization agency can't tell the difference between 50, 62 and 93. It's amazing the game even exists or functions as even 5 year olds are capable... that or WG employs methods beyond what they publish. Yet according to the [moderated], they don't. So we are only left to assume that WG is staffed by 4 year olds. 

Hope that helps. 

PSA : these stats are made up entirely from this dude’s head. Don’t believe me? Read all the responses over and over again asking him for the data. 

I don’t know what this guy’s agenda is, but please don’t listen to this nonsense.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Crusader6_ #1262 Posted 14 May 2020 - 12:33 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68725 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostSurfex, on 13 May 2020 - 07:16 PM, said:

Yes, and don't listen to [...false statement ... ]. It's been proven over and over again that the game is rigged with monetization algorithms.

Remember that the game is first and foremost, designed to make money, not as some altruistic form of entertainment. It is designed to push you forward/advance - if you spend too much time in level 7, you will see your tier and win rate drop to encourage you to progress by purchasing higher tier vehicles, or exp to get higher tier. 

All games are managed.

Example: games played at tier 7-8-even (out of 100 games - data gleaned from 9 player accounts)

Of note, WG was unable to explain the massive discrepancy between their stated ~50% and ~93%. Their coding staff consisting of mathematicians and contracted monetization agency can't tell the difference between 50, 62 and 93. It's amazing the game even exists or functions as even 5 year olds are capable... that or WG employs methods beyond what they publish. Yet according to the [... insult ...], they don't. So we are only left to assume that WG is staffed by 4 year olds. 

Hope that helps. 

You are so full of a four letter word starting with S and ending with T it isn’t funny.  

The last 100 battles in my Smasher was 73% low tier.   Yes 73 tier 8/7 games for 27 tier 7/6 games.  
  Unlike you, I actually log data, I don’t make stuff up to make up for a terrible lack of skill.   
I had Zero full tier 7 battles.  

Also playing a tier 7 test tank - I’ve logged all it’s battles. The majority have been low tier (shocker for tier 7 I know :facepalm:) and in 142 battles in it in the last week - guess what - Zero tier 7 only games. 

The fact your suggesting you see around 5.3% tier 7 only games is simply laughable and makes it abundantly clear to everyone here you’re a blatant liar.  

WG doesn’t need to manipulate any MM as bots like you are a significant part of the player base. The simple number of terribad players make it easy to Have massive swings of results from a randomized MM drop.  

Instead of complaining how WG treats you, because you are clearly special and picked on, maybe either 1) Delete the App, or 2) Learn to play.    I’ve seen you play.  You sit in the open in hulldown tanks and get farmed.  

You are a lemon - take some responsibility for being terrible, or just go away.  

*The only reason I am reacting like this is your blatant lies on this forum.

Edited by INSECTlClDE_, 14 May 2020 - 02:50 PM.

Tank Hoarder: 415 tanks in Garage:  423/423 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

ODDEO_GUY #1263 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 8699 battles
  • [T_Q_T]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 13 May 2020 - 06:13 PM, said:

Is anyone having problems with always being bottom tier to 8 when running a tier 7 tank? I almost always get under 8 and its rather annoying when running tanks with bad pen going against those tier 8 heavies.

Texas_Tyrant

Yes.

I don't track often, but when I have my rate is 32% top tier.

They don't put 4 cylinder cars in races with 6 or 8 cylinder cars.

There are JV teams in high school.

There is a farm system in baseball, teams aren't made of 6 triple A players and 3 major leaguers.

College players don't play in the NFL. 

It is what it is.

My biggest question:

Why isn't it tracked?

In a game obsessed with stats, it is a glaring omission.

It creates the appearance of impropriety, leaves room for conspiracy theories.

We can reasonably assume it is tracked but not published.

I would like to be able to keep track of things like shot efficiency, survival rate, etc, when top vs bottom. It is tedious to track manually, and I'm lazy and would rather be playing than being a statistician. 

I would rather believe the relentless "bottom-tiering" falls into the category of unintended consequences due to so many new tanks being sold, not player manipulation. How many 252s are you seeing in battles?

Every time a tank is bought, that player gets a honeymoon period of top tier games. Multiply that by how many tanks are sold. So where does that leave a player driving a tech tree tank with 150 battles on it? 

Then consider that many of the wallet tanks are OP.

All this considered, I'm proud of my 48% WR. I don't buy tanks, I work hard to win every game, I constantly watch youtube videos, I stay at lower tiers to learn the game. No, I'm not getting 200 dmg/tier. Some days the game is even fun. 

I'm going to now go play the game as best I can and try not to get frustrated watching the WR plummet.

It is what it is.

_Crusader6_ #1264 Posted 14 May 2020 - 02:54 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68725 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostODDEO_GUY, on 14 May 2020 - 09:29 AM, said:

Yes.

I don't track often, but when I have my rate is 32% top tier.

They don't put 4 cylinder cars in races with 6 or 8 cylinder cars.

There are JV teams in high school.

There is a farm system in baseball, teams aren't made of 6 triple A players and 3 major leaguers.

College players don't play in the NFL. 

It is what it is.

My biggest question:

Why isn't it tracked?

In a game obsessed with stats, it is a glaring omission.

It creates the appearance of impropriety, leaves room for conspiracy theories.

We can reasonably assume it is tracked but not published.

I would like to be able to keep track of things like shot efficiency, survival rate, etc, when top vs bottom. It is tedious to track manually, and I'm lazy and would rather be playing than being a statistician. 

I would rather believe the relentless "bottom-tiering" falls into the category of unintended consequences due to so many new tanks being sold, not player manipulation. How many 252s are you seeing in battles?

Every time a tank is bought, that player gets a honeymoon period of top tier games. Multiply that by how many tanks are sold. So where does that leave a player driving a tech tree tank with 150 battles on it? 

Then consider that many of the wallet tanks are OP.

All this considered, I'm proud of my 48% WR. I don't buy tanks, I work hard to win every game, I constantly watch youtube videos, I stay at lower tiers to learn the game. No, I'm not getting 200 dmg/tier. Some days the game is even fun. 

I'm going to now go play the game as best I can and try not to get frustrated watching the WR plummet.

It is what it is.

Dump all your replays into Blitz Bot -- either using your clan server - or Armor Inspector.

This will give you a "print out" of your games - with every player and tank in your battles - you can then tally them much easier.

It will also give you # of battles, WR and avg dmg etc for all players on both teams.

Doing this however will also show that the only rigging going on is the terrible player base -- you will often want to cry when you see the players stats.

Texas_Tyrant #1265 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:28 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostSurfex, on 13 May 2020 - 06:16 PM, said:

Yes, and don't listen to [...false statement ... ]. It's been proven over and over again that the game is rigged with monetization algorithms.

All games are managed.

Of note, WG was unable to explain the massive discrepancy between their stated ~50% and ~93%. Their coding staff consisting of mathematicians and contracted monetization agency can't tell the difference between 50, 62 and 93. It's amazing the game even exists or functions as even 5 year olds are capable... that or WG employs methods beyond what they publish. Yet according to the [... insult ...], they don't. So we are only left to assume that WG is staffed by 4 year olds. 

Hope that helps. 

What do you mean by 7-8-even? What nerfs in January effected the Smasher? I think I understand, though I play my premium tier 7's I'm still under 8 the majority of the time. My Lupus and Hellsing are hardly ever top tier. Thats why I don't play 7 very much any more.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

_Crusader6_ #1266 Posted 14 May 2020 - 08:46 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68725 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 14 May 2020 - 03:28 PM, said:

What do you mean by 7-8-even? What nerfs in January effected the Smasher? I think I understand, though I play my premium tier 7's I'm still under 8 the majority of the time. My Lupus and Hellsing are hardly ever top tier. Thats why I don't play 7 very much any more.

Texas_Tyrant

Ignore him as he’s full of XXXX. 
 He’s claiming that he is in full tier 7 battles over 5% of the time. 

Either he’s getting crazy lucky on MM dropping him high tier than EVERYONE else / or he made up some numbers to add to his other lies...

You be the judge. 

Texas_Tyrant #1267 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:35 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostINSECTlClDE_, on 14 May 2020 - 02:46 PM, said:

Ignore him as he’s full of XXXX. 
 He’s claiming that he is in full tier 7 battles over 5% of the time. 

Either he’s getting crazy lucky on MM dropping him high tier than EVERYONE else / or he made up some numbers to add to his other lies...

You be the judge. 

Yea, that's why I'm asking to verify. My premium Lupus & Hellsing are always bottom tier. The Smasher is a collectable.....

Texas_Tyrant

_Crusader6_ #1268 Posted 15 May 2020 - 08:49 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68725 battles
  • [DEF]

I’d like to offer a clarifying comment towards anyone who thinks WG rigs games based on some sort of monetizing scheme. 

I’m currently 26.7% for the day (even platooned with another 60+%’er in over half of my games) 
   I’m a mod here and Discord, I have played pretty much every tank in game and bought nearly all the premiums. 

If WG was to have some sort of win-lose algorithm. Someone who’s 65% over the past 30-60-90 would never be able to get a lose rate like I’ve had, nor would RNG victimize me like it has done today.  

The ONLY aspect is that as unlikely as it was - I simply not just played less than my standard of play - but also drew some of the worst players for green. 

Eg 1) Maus game - I face off against 5 red tanks. 4 I can bounce due to angles - but a Sheridan kept popping behind me. 
           So math says 7-5=2.  Only two unspotted reds - easy for my mobility guys to flank right?  
   Nope - our Meds decided to go one by one to the two other reds - our E3 doesn’t front line or even second line - he red line damage farms, 110k plus battle imbecile BTW.   Or Grille and two other heavies don’t shoot the Sheridan from cover. The Grille keeps trying to farm the reds I’m bouncing -  the IS-8 and FV215b don’t come around in cover behind - but drove over a hill to expose to all the reds.  

Eg 2) T30 game - Sheridan AFK at spawn, 3 green tier X heavies go town. STB (J_Rod) and M103 (my toon) go toward corner. 

Padre_ShadowRider #1269 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 42391 battles
  • [GETIT]

View Postj_rod, on 23 April 2020 - 03:46 PM, said:

From what has been stated, MM balances by tier and tank class and nothing else for pub matches. This means that a Tiger 2 is treated the same as an AMX50 100 because they're both heavies, even though they're not similar at all. 

I agree that this leads to times where teams are totally unbalanced strictly from a strength standpoint, but it also means there is more diversity of game play. If two teams are relatively homogeneous to each other, then there's less variability and IMHO, it's less interesting.  

I think this is why I see unbalanced teams.  Without armor and derp calculations, you often get OP teams, esp.with over armored tanks, that are impossible to pen and no matter what you do, you can't win. 

j_rod #1270 Posted 15 May 2020 - 09:54 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostPadre_ShadowRider, on 15 May 2020 - 03:22 PM, said:

I think this is why I see unbalanced teams.  Without armor and derp calculations, you often get OP teams, esp.with over armored tanks, that are impossible to pen and no matter what you do, you can't win. 

I don't disagree with you at all that certain tanks are OP and when you get a few of them on the same team opposed to a team with weaker tanks, it's far harder to win. 

That said, there's no perfect system. Think about this - 

Let's say you want to balance by player skill - what metric is used? Winrate? Easily skewed by seal clubbing. Average damage? Easily skewed by only playing high tiers. Whatever metric was decided, half the people might agree and half wouldn't.

Now let's say you want to balance by tanks - again, by what metric would one use? Overall winrate? Premiums are inherently going to be disadvantaged. Some other metric? There's no way to quantify any metric in a way that is reasonable. 

Now, let's say you found a perfect system and team's were totally balanced. This doesn't solve the biggest issue - bad players are going to play bad and good players are going to play good. You'll still have 40%ers going town and you'll still have 60%ers carrying everyone. 

As Cru6 stated above, some of the teams and players seen recently are abhorrent. No basic idea of what to do or where to go. That said, no amount of MM tweaking is going to change that. Short of removing bad players and putting them in their own queue (which we don't have the player population for), there's really nothing that can be done. Which means that random MM is really the best thing WG can continue to do IMHO. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

THERebrth #1271 Posted 17 May 2020 - 12:37 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7542 battles
Im still a firm believer that MM should make sure that there are equal meds, lights, havies, and tds on both sides. 
Raging Dumbo

_Crusader6_ #1272 Posted 17 May 2020 - 02:14 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68725 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostTHERebrth, on 16 May 2020 - 07:37 PM, said:

Im still a firm believer that MM should make sure that there are equal meds, lights, havies, and tds on both sides. 

That makes it stagnant and boring.  

Tackywheat1 #1273 Posted 30 May 2020 - 12:59 AM

the one and only ELC

• Players
  • 14028 battles
  • [T-T-T]

UGH 0% wr over 5 battles in my new waffle, grace period my [edited]

3k average damage

GIF by spartacusdiablo

Don't play the game anymore. If you see me online, it is most likely someone else playing. I'm back

Permanent credit deficit

Texas_Tyrant #1274 Posted 30 May 2020 - 05:11 AM

• Players
  • 12111 battles
  • [UTC]

Yea, I stopped playing my T34 this morning. 5 battles 20% WR. Had a damage ratio of 9.04:facepalm:

Teams....

Palepatriot #1275 Posted 03 June 2020 - 05:30 AM

Pusher of Girl Scout Cookies

• Players
  • 29745 battles
  • [BELLS]

....so it isn’t just me then with the clues green teams today? 

I think the MM is as good as its going to get. While there are bad games with teams that make you go bald from frustration there are equally those games that are just the opposite and turn out awesome. After playing this game for so long I have come to be reflective of my role in the intervening percentages of success or failure in winning each match. In other words, it’s a mirror check moment for me and I try to learn how I can affect a more positive outcome next time I’m on that map.

crpl_hicks #1276 Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:23 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

64 pages of ranting about MM??  And there are those who says it's not an issue??

Well I for one cannot believe that there can be so many lopsided games.  I mean statisically its gotta be weird to have so many lopsided games reported by so many players.  I really don't care If I lose in a good game, but NOT in a 7-0, 6-1 (whatever ratio you want), but not when 1 team over powers the other.  How can that be fair match making.

Yes...I'm willing to wait another 10-30 secs to get better matches.

I mean, tonight, Saturday June 6 @ 10:30 pm, I've had 4 lopsided losses in a row, 7-0 or 6-1...Is that normal??  Is it even possible??

Edited by crpl_hicks, 07 June 2020 - 04:30 AM.

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

MarBearCat #1277 Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:34 AM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22498 battles
  • [SDWA]

I've found that the worse mm by far is the Ratings battles mm.

That needs work in my opinion.

Freaking 7-2 and 7-1 losses tonight in 9 battles. 1 win 1 draw 7 losses.

5 losses were 7-2

1 was 7-1

1 was 7-0

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

crpl_hicks #1278 Posted 07 June 2020 - 04:45 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

The teams have been as bad as ever!!  I mean come on!  I'd show screen shots of the slaughters, but then it would be name & shame...But I mean...really?  Those players obviously don't give a crap, so what does it matter WG!

And I've been playing an alt account where I'm not supposed to care about win/loss...but a guy can only take so much!!  How is someone with 45 games playing tier 6??!!

God...please send a second Flood, cause society is just F***ed!.  Nevermind Covid!

Edited by crpl_hicks, 07 June 2020 - 04:50 AM.

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

wrecker1968 #1279 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:20 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 53747 battles
  • [HOUSE]
64 pages and countless spin off threads that got deleted and what has it accomplished?

wrecker1968 #1280 Posted 07 June 2020 - 11:39 AM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 53747 battles
  • [HOUSE]

This is just my lame a$$ opinion, I think MM, RNG and other factors contribute to Toxic chat, Serial AFK's and Fail toons ect....

My last 120 battles = 39% win rate.

So I am starting to understand why bitter players do that type of stuff. I am in no way condoning it but I am Definitely starting to understand.

But it's all random right?

Just think how many times you been bottom tear with only one other bottom tier in a battle.

Now think how many times you've been top tier with just one other top tier in the battle.

Do those numbers equal out?

If they do not even come close then it is not random.

Edited by wrecker1968, 07 June 2020 - 11:40 AM.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users