• Please log in to reply
1458 replies to this topic

_________Caesar_________ #1321 Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:34 AM

Private

• Players
  • 11877 battles
  • [KOCT]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 25 June 2020 - 10:46 PM, said:

Credibility lost in the first sentence.  Unicums are indeed better than regular players. That’s why we call them unicums and not regular players. Your last sentence however takes the cake. 

Could you no-life and grind a good winrate? My guess is no but we should just take your word for it eh? 
Dunning-Kruger is strong here. 

Boi... your 30day/60day winrate is 54%, and your all-time is 55%.  Your skill level isn't noteworthy, not to mention that it's decreasing lol.  Also note you play 25% of your games in a platoon and STILL only achieve 54% winrate :S  

Conversely, I joyride and mess around in normal battles (which was my point, I like to have fun rather than tryhard grinding) and I average 60% winrate.  Pls no more keyboard priveleges for this guy xD

j_rod #1322 Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:48 AM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Post_________Caesar_________, on 25 June 2020 - 08:34 PM, said:

Boi... your 30day/60day winrate is 54%, and your all-time is 55%.  Your skill level isn't noteworthy, not to mention that it's decreasing lol.  Also note you play 25% of your games in a platoon and STILL only achieve 54% winrate :S  

Conversely, I joyride and mess around in normal battles (which was my point, I like to have fun rather than tryhard grinding) and I average 60% winrate.  Pls no more keyboard priveleges for this guy xD

His skills are irrelevant to what he said. His point is that for you to say that unicums and regular players are the same is so utterly idiotic that anything else that you said afterwards is pretty much negated. Additionally, he’s not spamming OP tanks like you, so don’t sit there and try to measure *****. 

If you don’t care about regular matches then why are you posting on this thread? The entire thread has been about pub MM bc most folks simply don’t care about ratings.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Crusader6_ #1323 Posted 26 June 2020 - 02:58 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68333 battles
  • [DEF]

View Post_________Caesar_________, on 25 June 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

You should really not throw stones when you yourself are sitting in a glass house. 

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Absolute_Sniper #1324 Posted 26 June 2020 - 03:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44239 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post_________Caesar_________, on 26 June 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

You see the difference between us is that I know my stats aren’t great. I also know my own ability. It’s reflected in my stats. Funny how that works. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

IronBehemoth #1325 Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:32 PM

Official Society Game Play Publicist.

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Post_________Caesar_________, on 26 June 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

Do you need a unicum to tell you that you are not a good player? You are trashtalking a 50% winrate when you have a 45% winrate at tier 10. Perhaps you think that 40 is higher than 50? Why also do you think that "not trying" therefore gives you speaking privileges over someone who does try? How about you try first, prove you can perform decently, and then talk? Because right now youre looking like a clown. 

I cannot express enough how stupid you look to anyone casually reading this thread. The fact that you would actually type "pls no keyboard privileges" after that complete mess of a rant is not only painfully ironic, but straight up embarrassing.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 27 June 2020 - 08:52 PM.

IronBehemoth #1326 Posted 27 June 2020 - 08:44 PM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Postpaulnjess, on 25 June 2020 - 09:11 PM, said:

Have done many of those things over the last months. Improvement in game-play doesn't show much in the overall stats unfortunately but I have tried; I want to be better at the game. I can tell you I'd raised my WR over that time frame and have lost nearly all of that increase over the last several weeks with days on end of wipeout losses.

I get it, I'm a fking 48-percenter. Plenty of other players are better than I am. But I know what my eyes see and most days it's teams that aren't even close to balanced and results that are absurd. And when it flips and I'm the beneficiary of said MM the good results aren't nearly as many.

So again, I don't dispute that the math matters. To my mind however, it doesn't tell a complete story as to how any one player can be on the losing end of so many lopsided battles every...damn...day.

You are 100% at fault. Im going to be brutally honest but in doing so I'll explain exactly why you are 100% at fault in clear terms. Also, your winrate isn't 48%. It's 42%. Your career winrate is 48% but that is irrelevant because only 30 day winrate shows how you are CURRENTLY playing.

You claim that one player contributing nothing isn't enough to skew the battle results that much. However, players that afk every game have winrates around 33%. Why then is it hard to believe that a player that contributes almost nothing to the battle is at a 42% winrate, in between 33 and 50? While there are 7 players on a team, many games you have flanks where its 4 on 4 4 on 3, 3 on 3 etc. When teams split into smaller groups, than having a useless player like yourself turns out to be a very big issue. A 4 on 3 is now effectively a 4 on 2, and the other two players as a result get steamrolled while you camp without doing damage. A 3 on 3 becomes a 3 on 2, the flank collapses, and the game ends shortly after.

Aside from that, think in terms of volleys. Focus firing vs not focus firing. If one team focus fires with 7 players on one tank, and the other spreads shots, then the enemy team still has 7 tanks alive while you have 6. Each successive volley means youre returning less and less damage. 5 tanks worth of damage, 4 tanks, etc. You contributing nothing is similar. Its like starting the game with the handicap of 6 v 7 tanks. You're already starting the downslope that quickly spirals out of control into an unstoppable loss.

Lastly, the reason i said "camping" earlier is because you obviously do camp. Even in meds your spot rate is like .5. Obviously the team is going to quickly get destroyed when they can shoot your team unspotted bc youre busy blocking an antitank in the back corner from shooting because you think your t5 leopard is a better antitank.

So, i reiterate. Don't complain that bad MM is screwing you when in reality you ARE the bad MM screwing others.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 27 June 2020 - 08:57 PM.

NubSlayer2020 #1327 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:29 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3680 battles
  • [-1ST-]
Matchmaking has always sucked and WOTB doesn't care to fix it

NubSlayer2020 #1328 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:30 PM

Private

• Players
  • 3680 battles
  • [-1ST-]

WOTB matchmaking is seriously flawed

It sucks both ways.  How often have you seen a lopsided game (0-7 or 7-0)?

The main reason MM sucks is that it fails to consider win rate (WR) of the players.  I've seen teams of 60% WR platoons thrash 40% ers.

Also, WOTB wants to help the WR of new players and palyers with low WRs so they assign a worse RNG (Random Number Generator) to good players.   This means chances of doing damage in every shot can vary enormously.  How many times have you shot perfectly and get a bounce?  I have even shot close up to the sides and got a bounce.  I call these [edited]bounces.     

The MM is a very simple method of making up teams based on tier level.  As you can well appreciate tanks within a tier vary greatly in their capabilities.

WOTB is not interested in fixing the MM issue even though nearly everyone complains about it.

I will likely ditch this game for another game in the near future. 

Nathanronco #1329 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:35 PM

Unprofessional KV-2 Driver

• Players
  • 17359 battles
  • [1STUS]
Wow. This thread literally is just 67 pages of the same rants and complaints over and over and over. Move on people, sheesh.

" If you miss shots in your KV-2, it's because you haven't sent enough peasants to Gulag." - Joseph Stalin, 1944 Soviet Russia

Premium Vehicles in Garage: T34, M6A2E1 EXP, Löwe, IS-5, T-34-3, Tiger 131, SU-100Y, TOG II*, Pz. V/IV, T-25, Churchill III

Collector Vehicles in Garage: Gravedigger, Thunder, Pz. Sfl. IVc, Scavenger, Valentine II, Valentine Mark IX, AMX 40, T82, T18

Tier X Vehicles in Garage: Sheridan, M48 Patton, Jagdpanzer E 100, Grille 15, IS-7, FV215b 183, FV4005, Ho-Ri

j_rod #1330 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:39 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View PostNathanronco, on 27 June 2020 - 03:35 PM, said:

Wow. This thread literally is just 67 pages of the same rants and complaints over and over and over. Move on people, sheesh.

And no original thoughts or refutation of the points that have already been made showing why MM is random. That’s the maddening part. It’s the same thing over and over.

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

_Crusader6_ #1331 Posted 27 June 2020 - 09:58 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68333 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostNubSlayer2020, on 27 June 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

The main reason MM sucks is that it fails to consider win rate (WR) of the players.  I've seen teams of 60% WR platoons thrash 40% ers.

Also, WOTB wants to help the WR of new players and palyers with low WRs so they assign a worse RNG (Random Number Generator) to good players.   This means chances of doing damage in every shot can vary enormously.  How many times have you shot perfectly and get a bounce?  I have even shot close up to the sides and got a bounce.  I call these [edited]bounces.     

The MM is a very simple method of making up teams based on tier level.  As you can well appreciate tanks within a tier vary greatly in their capabilities.

WOTB is not interested in fixing the MM issue even though nearly everyone complains about it.

Reroll again and sealclub more bots...

Seriously anyone can check you out, keep playing tier 5 and under...

Your wheels fall off in 6 when you actually start meeting real players.  

MM is random - you can’t moan about it, since everyone gets random.  
   It’s how you perform in the swill that defines you.  

IronBehemoth #1332 Posted 27 June 2020 - 10:41 PM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View PostNubSlayer2020, on 27 June 2020 - 09:30 PM, said:

Youre playing at tier 4. Youre playing with people who just started the game. Of course the games are going to be super polarized when you have a bunch of noobs.

As for fixing MM, its a lot more complicated than people like to pretend. Even were you to base MM on winrates (which is a terrible idea because then it would make everyone a 50%er) you have to consider that, for example, some players may be 55%ers in heavy tanks but only 45%ers in medium tanks. In addition, maybe somebody is an active spotter in heavies, but for whatever reason plays super campy in mediums. The amount of variables to consider when working on MM is staggering and its difficult to structure it so it doesn't actively tilt good players while helping low winrate players and vice versa.

Texas_Tyrant #1333 Posted 28 June 2020 - 01:02 AM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11850 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostNubSlayer2020, on 27 June 2020 - 03:30 PM, said:

You obviously don't understand the way the game works and will not be missed. Very good players have tried explaining to you and you have a pre-conceived idea and won't even consider that maybe there are truths in what they say.

Explain super pro's  like HisRoyalFatness https://www.blitzsta...HisRoyalFatness As you can see there IS a correlation between damage dealt and received. HisRoyalFatness has a damage ratio of 2.58 and a Kill Ratio of 4.34. With a 72% WR it is obvious that the way you perform in battle effects your stats.

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Gavidoc01 #1334 Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:37 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48240 battles
  • [III]

View Post_________Caesar_________, on 25 June 2020 - 09:34 PM, said:

I would rather have Absolute Sniper with his 54% in a wide variety of tanks over your 59% in a mainly op tanks any day of the week. 

Why?

he is able to effectively rely on his skill to win and not the tank he drives. 

take out your 168 battles in the 252 and Action X and you’re barely 48% in last 30 days. Keep trying. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Gavidoc01 #1335 Posted 28 June 2020 - 04:42 AM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 48240 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 27 June 2020 - 04:58 PM, said:

Reroll again and sealclub more bots...

Seriously anyone can check you out, keep playing tier 5 and under...

Your wheels fall off in 6 when you actually start meeting real players.  

MM is random - you can’t moan about it, since everyone gets random.  
   It’s how you perform in the swill that defines you.  

if anything the mm would be rigged for him since he played with bots and new players in 5 and below since he is good....oh wait a minute. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

_Crusader6_ #1336 Posted 28 June 2020 - 12:23 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68333 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostNathanronco, on 27 June 2020 - 04:35 PM, said:

If some players took the same effort into self evaluation as they do making MM rants, they wouldn’t be making MM rants...

__Jaeger01__ #1337 Posted 30 June 2020 - 05:55 AM

Private

• Players
  • 1100 battles
I honestly don't think MM on this game can be really "fixed". Even other games have challenges with MM as well.

Absolute_Sniper #1338 Posted 01 July 2020 - 02:40 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44239 battles
  • [CRUEL]

View Post__Jaeger01__, on 30 June 2020 - 05:55 AM, said:

I honestly don't think MM on this game can be really "fixed". Even other games have challenges with MM as well.

It doesn’t need fixed. The average player skill level does. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you view the world, it’s always been that way. 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

IronBehemoth #1339 Posted 01 July 2020 - 04:35 AM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View PostAbsolute_Sniper, on 01 July 2020 - 02:40 AM, said:

It doesn’t need fixed. The average player skill level does. Unfortunately or fortunately depending on how you view the world, it’s always been that way. 

and even that is inherently difficult to fix

1. Some players are playing on tiny phones or devices that are old and laggy, and/or have unresponsive touch screens. Regardless of mobile or PC play, some players may just be dealing with terrible internet (packet loss, high ping etc)

2. Some players honestly just lack the brains to improve. The blitz playerbase loves throwing around intelligence related insults, but to an extent its true that your abilities are limited by how smart you are. There are so many variables that super uni's have to account for that I seriously doubt anyone averaging more than a 70% winrate and 3.5k avg damage is below an IQ of ~125. Unless most fps games where the main factor of skill is aim and reaction speed, map awareness and positioning is almost more important than said shooting ability in blitz.

3.  Intelligence aside the game still requires a TON of practice to become good. Most players dont have the time to invest into the game to improve.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 01 July 2020 - 04:35 AM.

stmaarten1778 #1340 Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3534 battles
Grinding Matilda to get crusader to start turreted TD line, it is an endless death loop of tier 5 battles with everything from sealclubbers with 2000 battles in the cancer tank Leopard to T1 heavies that I can never pen and I don’t want to use pramo because I want to actually make money. 

I love my Tiger P :playing:

Nobody out jags the tiger 8.8

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users