• Please log in to reply
1458 replies to this topic

IronBehemoth #1361 Posted 27 July 2020 - 06:06 AM

Official Society Game Play Publicist.

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View PostSniper_Hanz, on 27 July 2020 - 04:15 AM, said:

Don't know where you get that 40% players complaint about MM, but if that's the case, statistically speaking that's a number high enough to justify that WOTB developers need to look for a way to make the game more satisfying to every player. You can't asume that 60% of players are satisfied with the game. Many of these could well be dissatisfied but don't express their opinion in this forum.  I agree with  those who say the argument would be over if WOTB just gave us a detailed explanation on how they go about MM, both for new and experienced players. Thanks.

We got it from your post, right now..

_Crusader6_ #1362 Posted 27 July 2020 - 11:36 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68340 battles
  • [DEF]

View PostSniper_Hanz, on 26 July 2020 - 11:15 PM, said:

Don't know where you get that 40% players complaint about MM, but if that's the case, statistically speaking that's a number high enough to justify that WOTB developers need to look for a way to make the game more satisfying to every player. You can't asume that 60% of players are satisfied with the game. Many of these could well be dissatisfied but don't express their opinion in this forum.  I agree with  those who say the argument would be over if WOTB just gave us a detailed explanation on how they go about MM, both for new and experienced players. Thanks.

Bad players complain about MM, good players don’t.  
  Then good players get salt with repeated comments from 40%’ers. 

It’s not 40% of the player base complaining, it’s just bad players with zero introspection.  

If you read the thread there is detailed info on MM from WG.   

Everyone sees the same MM, now for new players playing tier 1-3 they see a lot of bots.   
 On the larger EU and RU servers, new players have new player queues where people under 5k battles fight other players under 5k battles.  That rarely happens here in NA, simply because we don’t break the numbers threshold.  

The best way to make the game better for yourself as a player, is to become a better player.  
  Anytime one wants to write a rant about MM etc, take the time that would be wasted on that - and watch a play guide video or read about game mechanics, study Map Inspector or Armor Inspector.  

Tank Hoarder: 406 tanks in Garage:  422/422 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

bwcamp #1363 Posted 28 July 2020 - 01:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 27 July 2020 - 11:36 AM, said:

Bad players complain about MM, good players don’t.  
  Then good players get salt with repeated comments from 40%’ers. 

It’s not 40% of the player base complaining, it’s just bad players with zero introspection.  

So you speak for every good player? I'm not bad, i'm just not a unicom, but does that make me a bad player? Cause I don't like the mm. I've had plenty of battles where I was the only one on my team to break 3k, and there were 3 tanks on my team that did zilch. 2 of the tanks that did damage for 50-52%ers, and the rest were 45-49%. Meanwhile, the other team had damage on all of their tanks, and had 2 50%ers, 1 60%, and the rest 45-49%ers. Tell me how that is a fair mm.

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

IronBehemoth #1364 Posted 28 July 2020 - 03:56 PM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Postbwcamp, on 28 July 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

So you speak for every good player? I'm not bad, i'm just not a unicom, but does that make me a bad player? Cause I don't like the mm. I've had plenty of battles where I was the only one on my team to break 3k, and there were 3 tanks on my team that did zilch. 2 of the tanks that did damage for 50-52%ers, and the rest were 45-49%. Meanwhile, the other team had damage on all of their tanks, and had 2 50%ers, 1 60%, and the rest 45-49%ers. Tell me how that is a fair mm.

It's fair MM because youre cherrypicking and ignoring the matches where you had better players than the enemy team. 

Absolute_Sniper #1365 Posted 28 July 2020 - 07:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 44239 battles
  • [CRUEL]

Oldie but still pertinent 

I used to have a picture here but tiny pic took an arrow to the knee....

https://discord.gg/twdc4Dq

_Crusader6_ #1366 Posted 29 July 2020 - 02:34 AM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68340 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postbwcamp, on 28 July 2020 - 08:27 AM, said:

I had 6 zeros on a green team yesterday.  It happens. 
  Sometimes you can’t win em all. 

You can’t look at one game in isolation. 
    Go data record 500 games straight. 
I’ve done it more than once, as have several other players here. 

If you remove your WR from those sets - you will find the teams are by and large equal over time. 
 That’s pretty darn fair. 

bob_000 #1367 Posted 29 July 2020 - 04:05 AM

Gold Spamming Ape

• Players
  • 21499 battles
  • [PURPL]
mm is fair. you will get good teams and you will get bad teams. instead of complaining about mm, focus on your individual performance. just because the red team has 50-60%ers while your team has 40-50%ers does not mean the outcome of the match is decided from the start. Only you have the ability to decide the outcome of games by pulling your weight and beyond. 

bwcamp #1368 Posted 29 July 2020 - 03:11 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostIronBehemoth, on 28 July 2020 - 03:56 PM, said:

It's fair MM because youre cherrypicking and ignoring the matches where you had better players than the enemy team. 

not rly, I know those happen too. Which makes that battle unfair for the other team. The mm is bad, one team almost always has better players.

The difference between camping and sniping is that the sniper looks for opportunities and the camper looks at the scenery.
- EL_Din_1946

IronBehemoth #1369 Posted 29 July 2020 - 05:33 PM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Postbwcamp, on 29 July 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

not rly, I know those happen too. Which makes that battle unfair for the other team. The mm is bad, one team almost always has better players.

So basically you want every game to end in a tie. Sorry, but people prefer when one team wins.

Edited by IronBehemoth, 29 July 2020 - 05:33 PM.

bwcamp #1370 Posted 29 July 2020 - 09:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostIronBehemoth, on 29 July 2020 - 05:33 PM, said:

So basically you want every game to end in a tie. Sorry, but people prefer when one team wins.

no, I want teams to be balanced, not lopsided. They'd only end in a tie if both teams sat on their butts and camped.

- EL_Din_1946

AdderaII #1371 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:13 PM

Can’t Pass Without it!

• Players
  • 22617 battles
  • [OGRE]
Wow. For a war game, there sure seems to be a lot of crying. 
It’s rampant in game and now here as well. 

You’d think all these gallant warriors would be a little more butch. 

The player formerly known as, Adderall4life

Texas_Tyrant #1372 Posted 29 July 2020 - 10:27 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11850 battles
  • [UTC]

View Postbwcamp, on 29 July 2020 - 10:11 AM, said:

Make yourself one of the better players instead of expecting good players on your team to carry your lousy WR up. If you want better stats do it yourself. I did. I went from a nub that started as a kid with a 46% WR to a 53% WR in the span of 6 months by learning. Learn the game and make yourself better. I did it with no problem.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

IronBehemoth #1373 Posted 30 July 2020 - 03:13 AM

• Players
  • 11721 battles
  • [-INQ-]

View Postbwcamp, on 29 July 2020 - 09:49 PM, said:

no, I want teams to be balanced, not lopsided. They'd only end in a tie if both teams sat on their butts and camped.

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't suggesting what has already been suggested not tens, but rather hundreds, of times before. Unfortunately, you had to insist that you were, in fact, referring to skill based MM. That is an absolutely terrible idea. You know what's going to happen if that's a thing? (Aside from insanely long queue times) 30%ers will get paired with other 30%ers and both will rise to 50% winrates. 70%ers will get paired against other 70%ers and fall to 50% winrate. The game would become a complete and utter mess where nobody can make any progress or improvement without getting slammed back down to 50% winrate. Once again, absolutely awful idea, please read prior posts before suggesting something like that because just thinking of what you suggested gives me physical pain.

bwcamp #1374 Posted 30 July 2020 - 02:15 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 29 July 2020 - 10:27 PM, said:

Make yourself one of the better players instead of expecting good players on your team to carry your lousy WR up. If you want better stats do it yourself. I did. I went from a nub that started as a kid with a 46% WR to a 53% WR in the span of 6 months by learning. Learn the game and make yourself better. I did it with no problem.

Yeehaw,

Texas_Tyrant

I'm not that bad of a player, and I don't expect my team to carry. Actually i've carried my team quite a few times. And if you looked at my blitzstars account you would've seen that past 30 60 90 days i've been having pretty good stats. 30 WR is 55%, and 1400 damage.

View PostIronBehemoth, on 30 July 2020 - 03:13 AM, said:

I was giving you the benefit of the doubt that you weren't suggesting what has already been suggested not tens, but rather hundreds, of times before. Unfortunately, you had to insist that you were, in fact, referring to skill based MM. That is an absolutely terrible idea. You know what's going to happen if that's a thing? (Aside from insanely long queue times) 30%ers will get paired with other 30%ers and both will rise to 50% winrates. 70%ers will get paired against other 70%ers and fall to 50% winrate. The game would become a complete and utter mess where nobody can make any progress or improvement without getting slammed back down to 50% winrate. Once again, absolutely awful idea, please read prior posts before suggesting something like that because just thinking of what you suggested gives me physical pain.

No, I want balanced games that incorperate skill and tanks. No one likes to go up against a smasher with a 70% WR and have under 50% teamates, all stock in some way, in that affair, the mm is broken. 

- EL_Din_1946

_Crusader6_ #1375 Posted 30 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

Angry Mod

• Players
  • 68340 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postbwcamp, on 30 July 2020 - 09:15 AM, said:

I'm not that bad of a player, and I don't expect my team to carry. Actually i've carried my team quite a few times. And if you looked at my blitzstars account you would've seen that past 30 60 90 days i've been having pretty good stats. 30 WR is 55%, and 1400 damage.

No, I want balanced games that incorperate skill and tanks. No one likes to go up against a smasher with a 70% WR and have under 50% teamates, all stock in some way, in that affair, the mm is broken. 

I don’t see MM being broken.   I see a slew of bad players who are misguided in thinking they are not as bad as they are.   
 Your 30 days stats show an average tier of 7.4 and 1234 avg dmg. That’s 176 dmg / tier.  Significantly under the 200 dmg / tier treading water point and way under carrying routinely.  

bwcamp #1376 Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:27 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 30 July 2020 - 04:11 PM, said:

I don’t see MM being broken.   I see a slew of bad players who are misguided in thinking they are not as bad as they are.   
 Your 30 days stats show an average tier of 7.4 and 1234 avg dmg. That’s 176 dmg / tier.  Significantly under the 200 dmg / tier treading water point and way under carrying routinely.  

Where did I say I carried routinely? Please point that out. I haven't checked it in awhile, but it was 1400, before I got ISU-152 though. I've been grinding that out and not getting much damage from it when stock. I have the tier 9 gun now though, I couldn't stand wasting my life away grinding towards BL-10. Only 20-15k more to go though, so soon i'll be derping away. But I'm not saying i'm a great player. I literally said that i'm a pretty good player, not a great player. I picture myself as slightly above average. But the mm isn't the best it could be. Better than it was, but it could be alot better.

- EL_Din_1946

j_rod #1377 Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:30 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postbwcamp, on 30 July 2020 - 08:15 AM, said:

I mean seriously folks, does anyone actually stop to think what is being suggested here? "We want balance" = we want more help in winning bc we are incapable of doing so ourselves to the degree we want. 

You want real strategy and team play? Play tourneys.

You want balanced MM? Play ratings.

You want OP tanks removed from the game bc they're unfair? Sorry...you're SOL there, but that has nothing to do with MM. 

This thread is absurd. Yes, there are terrible players and yes, WG does a subpar job of providing training/tutorials, but beyond that, this is simply a complaint thread for players that aren't introspective enough to realize that they are the main issue. MM is fair in that we all get the same players. Hell, that's far more fair than real life. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

j_rod #1378 Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:32 PM

Better Looking Than Cletus, and The Forum Jester

• Players
  • 27902 battles
  • [H0B0S]

View Postbwcamp, on 30 July 2020 - 01:27 PM, said:

Where did I say I carried routinely? Please point that out. I haven't checked it in awhile, but it was 1400, before I got ISU-152 though. I've been grinding that out and not getting much damage from it when stock. I have the tier 9 gun now though, I couldn't stand wasting my life away grinding towards BL-10. Only 20-15k more to go though, so soon i'll be derping away. But I'm not saying i'm a great player. I literally said that i'm a pretty good player, not a great player. I picture myself as slightly above average. But the mm isn't the best it could be. Better than it was, but it could be alot better.

"I've had plenty of battles where I was the only one on my team to break 3k, and there were 3 tanks on my team that did zilch. 2 of the tanks that did damage for 50-52%ers, and the rest were 45-49%. Meanwhile, the other team had damage on all of their tanks, and had 2 50%ers, 1 60%, and the rest 45-49%ers. Tell me how that is a fair mm."

Right there. That's where you said it. On the same ****ing page no less. 

Quit arguing, quit complaining, and learn how to play the game better or go find another game. 

Working as intended

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

Noob666_ #1379 Posted 30 July 2020 - 07:35 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7967 battles
  • [TDB]

View Postbwcamp, on 30 July 2020 - 08:15 AM, said:

Then everyone would have a 50% winrate skewing the wr calculation. All of wgs game has +2/-2 mm, except for blitz which these snowflakes cried about. Implementing the wr calculation can put stress on the servers which makes the server lag problem worse. Make your own quality gameplay, not rely on your braindead teamates and you would have more fun. It would actually be intresting IMO to reimplement +2/-2 mm. Played WoWs before and I can name a lot of tier 8s that can hold its own in tier 10 matches.

Edited by Noob666_, 30 July 2020 - 07:43 PM.

bwcamp #1380 Posted 30 July 2020 - 09:17 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8203 battles
  • [WOY1]

View Postj_rod, on 30 July 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

I mean seriously folks, does anyone actually stop to think what is being suggested here? "We want balance" = we want more help in winning bc we are incapable of doing so ourselves to the degree we want. 

You want real strategy and team play? Play tourneys.

You want balanced MM? Play ratings.

You want OP tanks removed from the game bc they're unfair? Sorry...you're SOL there, but that has nothing to do with MM. 

This thread is absurd. Yes, there are terrible players and yes, WG does a subpar job of providing training/tutorials, but beyond that, this is simply a complaint thread for players that aren't introspective enough to realize that they are the main issue. MM is fair in that we all get the same players. Hell, that's far more fair than real life. 

true

View Postj_rod, on 30 July 2020 - 07:32 PM, said:

"I've had plenty of battles where I was the only one on my team to break 3k, and there were 3 tanks on my team that did zilch. 2 of the tanks that did damage for 50-52%ers, and the rest were 45-49%. Meanwhile, the other team had damage on all of their tanks, and had 2 50%ers, 1 60%, and the rest 45-49%ers. Tell me how that is a fair mm."

Right there. That's where you said it. On the same ****ing page no less. 

Quit arguing, quit complaining, and learn how to play the game better or go find another game. 

I said i've had plenty of battles, over 7800 battles. Never said I carried "routinely" You're just twisting what I said to make an arguement. And it's not a carry if you don't win, in that post I was pointing out how unfair that battle was. And if it was the other team it still would've been unfair for them.

View PostNoob666_, on 30 July 2020 - 07:35 PM, said:

Then everyone would have a 50% winrate skewing the wr calculation. All of wgs game has +2/-2 mm, except for blitz which these snowflakes cried about. Implementing the wr calculation can put stress on the servers which makes the server lag problem worse. Make your own quality gameplay, not rely on your braindead teamates and you would have more fun. It would actually be intresting IMO to reimplement +2/-2 mm. Played WoWs before and I can name a lot of tier 8s that can hold its own in tier 10 matches.

when it's 15v15 the +2/-2 isn't bad, but in a 7v7 format I can't see how that would work. Say there's 3 tier 6, 2 tier 7, 1 tier 8. Now lets say that tier 8 is a KV-4. How many tier 6s are gonna pen that? Only if they flank, and you can't flank in every single scenario. WoWs is a lot different than Blitz.

- EL_Din_1946

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users