Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1498 replies to this topic

MarBearCat #141 Posted 26 October 2017 - 11:49 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

I see that guy's "b160 " or something like that, his thread about horrible teams was removed. Anywho, b, I have that tier 4 horror 

story of yours beat. You had 5 zeros on your side but your Pz B2 still was able to do well over a thousand damage.

Check out my only battle today, a tier 5 that I was lucky to be on the OTHER end of. Reds did a combined 938 damage

and our M3 Lee capped before we could get to the last DW2 who was sitting on other side of town, having fired only 1

shot and then AFK'd.

Got my 3 missions on this one and ran for the hills.

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

SpartacusDiablo #142 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:38 AM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 32282 battles
  • [III-C]

Alright. SP 1 C Results. Fully upgraded, first 3 equipment slots unlocked, and 75% crew. First time ever playing it. All games were played solo.

Game 1. Top tier. 1,115 Dmg and a loss.
Game 2. Top tier. 882 Dmg and a loss.
Game 3. Top tier. 1498 Dmg and a loss.
Game 4. Top tier. 1,132 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a loss
Game 5. Top tier. 512 Dmg :( and a loss.
Game 6. Top tier. 1,656 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a loss.
Game 7. Top tier. 1,549 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a WIN! :)
Game 8. Bottom tier. My honeymoon is over. :(

Completely unscientific conclusion. I suck in the SP 1C.  Also the  honeymoon is real. You get to be top tier for the first handful of games. You also get to play with some of the worst teams I've ever seen.

And after that horrific string of loses it's time for a break.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 27 October 2017 - 01:01 AM.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

_Crusader6_ #143 Posted 27 October 2017 - 12:48 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/ErnieJuarez

Ernie - for a guy who’s Avg Tier is 3.5 you have a lot of opinions 

Tank Hoarder: 422 tanks in Garage:  431/431 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

ErnieJuarez #144 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:27 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 235 battles
  • [_JAJA]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 October 2017 - 12:48 AM, said:

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/ErnieJuarez

Ernie - for a guy who’s Avg Tier is 3.5 you have a lot of opinions 

Why are all you guys so defensive about the forum? You are grown men defending a forum on a kids game. 

If you aren’t being paid you are wasting your time. Do you work for War Gaming as an employee or contractors? Or are you a government employee being paid to play. If I have to remind of the legal obligations I will  

Other than that, m8. Mind your own business. No grown man on a kids game should be saying anything about anything. You need a new hobby. Go hunt some white tails or build a house. Man up. 

We already know you cats are good at giving little kids a hard time in game, maybe not you, but it’s all the same at the end of the day. Meow 

I was running top 300 on two of my other accounts and I wasn’t even trying or playing with anyone good. But you all can have this hole, you don’t deaverve good players. Peace out. 

“You come at the king, you best not miss.” Lulz 

*spoon clank* 

Edited by ErnieJuarez, 27 October 2017 - 02:57 AM.

MarBearCat #145 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:01 AM

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 26 October 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

Alright. SP 1 C Results. Fully upgraded, first 3 equipment slots unlocked, and 75% crew. First time ever playing it. All games were played solo.

Game 1. Top tier. 1,115 Dmg and a loss.
Game 2. Top tier. 882 Dmg and a loss.
Game 3. Top tier. 1498 Dmg and a loss.
Game 4. Top tier. 1,132 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a loss
Game 5. Top tier. 512 Dmg :( and a loss.
Game 6. Top tier. 1,656 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a loss.
Game 7. Top tier. 1,549 Dmg, 1 Kill, and a WIN! :)
Game 8. Bottom tier. My honeymoon is over. :(

Completely unscientific conclusion. I suck in the SP 1C.  Also the  honeymoon is real. You get to be top tier for the first handful of games. You also get to play with some of the worst teams I've ever seen.

And after that horrific string of loses it's time for a break.

The honeymoon for my IS 5 was 8 I believe. I was 1-7 or 2-6.

_Crusader6_ #146 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:41 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostErnieJuarez, on 26 October 2017 - 08:27 PM, said:

Why are all you guys so defensive about the forum? You are grown men defending a forum on a kids game. 

If you aren’t being paid you are wasting your time. Do you work for War Gaming as an employee or contractors? Or are you a government employee being paid to play. If I have to remind of the legal obligations I will  

Other than that, m8. Mind your own business. No grown man on a kids game should be saying anything about anything. You need a new hobby. Go hunt some white tails or build a house. Man up. 

We already know you cats are good at giving little kids a hard time in game, maybe not you, but it’s all the same at the end of the day. Meow 

I was running top 300 on two of my other accounts and I wasn’t even trying or playing with anyone good. But you all can have this hole, you don’t deaverve good players. Peace out. 

“You come at the king, you best not miss.” Lulz 

*spoon clank* 

It is hard to know where to start with you.

Not sure if you get your legal info from Law and Order, but I do not work for WG, nor do I have any association with them, other than playing the game.

Beyond that, what I do is my business, I owe you nothing to explain what I do beyond enjoy the game.

I posted your stats to simply show you and others that you have H U A syndrome.

You are clearly a poor player, and no amount of yarn spinning about having 2 accounts in the top 300 (by what?) is going to make anyone believe you.

Several players on this forum have documented thousands of games (myself included) showing that MM is not rigged in anyway shape or form.

Most people who believe that MM is "out to get them" have selective memories and/or a total lack of understand of basic statistics.

In fact it is clear that but for one or two outliers, the majority of tinfoil hat wearing clowns who rant about MM are just in fact bad players.

Now, lets be clear WG does a non existent job of educating players -- very few see much beyond their screen and have zero idea on even how to learn to play their tanks.

I do blame WG there, for there is no excuse in not giving players better resources or encouragement to get better.

Christopher_klann44 #147 Posted 27 October 2017 - 05:04 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [SMILE]

Match making definately needs to get fixed, and quick. I lost the last 9 battles in a row, and in five of them I had multiple teammates either afk or do little to no damage. 

Granted, I had a few bad days, but it doesn't help when in the majority of your matches (Tiers V/6), your teammates do minimal to no damage as well

Edited by Christopher_klann44, 27 October 2017 - 05:41 PM.

_Crusader6_ #148 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:07 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

Welcome to Blitz ;) 

Work on your dmg Ratio. 

Christopher_klann44 #149 Posted 27 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [SMILE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 October 2017 - 07:07 PM, said:

Welcome to Blitz ;) 

Work on your dmg Ratio. 

Little hard to do when you're matched with teammates who go off solo, have no concept of teamwork, use their tank in ways it shouldn't, or just general idiots who do suicide runs or circle your starting base for part of the match.

voyager35 #150 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:37 PM

Ilha Formosa

• Players
  • 24428 battles
  • [TWNO1]

View PostChristopher_klann44, on 27 October 2017 - 01:40 PM, said:

Little hard to do when you're matched with teammates who go off solo, have no concept of teamwork, use their tank in ways it shouldn't, or just general idiots who do suicide runs or circle your starting base for part of the match.

Everyone in this game got the same bad teammates just like you, you are not specially treated. However, many of us can still do much better than you. This means instead of blaming the MM, there are much more other things you can do to improve yourself. I am not saying MM is perfect, but it is not an excuse.

Good player adapt themselves to the game, while others ask the game to adapt to them.  

Edited by voyager35, 27 October 2017 - 08:38 PM.

MarBearCat #151 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:42 PM

• Players
  • 22553 battles
  • [SDWA]

View Postvoyager35, on 27 October 2017 - 03:37 PM, said:

Everyone in this game got the same bad teammates just like you, you are not specially treated. However, many of us can still do much better than you. This means instead of blaming the MM, there are much more other things you can do to improve yourself. I am not saying MM is perfect, but it is not an excuse.

Good player adapt themselves to the game, while others ask the game to adapt to them.  

Sometimes we're the cat, sometimes we're the litter box. :P

Christopher_klann44 #152 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:53 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [SMILE]

View Postvoyager35, on 27 October 2017 - 08:37 PM, said:

I always try to do my best in a match and I try to help my teammates to the best of my ability. My complaint is when I have 10 straight losses in a row, regardless of how well I do.

One thing I will admit that has been a mistake for me is the multiple times I've tried to use tier 7 or higher tanks

Edited by Christopher_klann44, 27 October 2017 - 08:56 PM.

SanguinaryDan #153 Posted 27 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17249 battles
  • [III-P]
Let’s be honest though.  Sometimes the matchmaker is the embodiment of evil.  Such as games where your Tier X tank is an FV 4202 and theirs is a JagdPanzer E100.  The FV player could have a higher win rate than the Jager, but that won’t save your Patton from that sewer pipe on a tank you pretty much can’t pen. :arta:
The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

_Crusader6_ #154 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:11 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

There is a problem as FV4202 > JPE 

_Crusader6_ #155 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:15 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 69693 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostChristopher_klann44, on 27 October 2017 - 03:53 PM, said:

One thing I will admit that has been a mistake for me is the multiple times I've tried to use tier 7 or higher tanks

The higher you go up on tier the way more damage you need to do to carry a game.  

There is absolutely no guarantees in Blitz, but generally if you can do a tier higher than you worth of a German Heavy in Damage, you will win more than lose. 

But these days 3k losses in tier 8 are rather common. 

It is a weekend after an event. - keep your helmet cinched right as it’s not getting better. 

Christopher_klann44 #156 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:25 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [SMILE]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 October 2017 - 09:15 PM, said:

The higher you go up on tier the way more damage you need to do to carry a game.  

There is absolutely no guarantees in Blitz, but generally if you can do a tier higher than you worth of a German Heavy in Damage, you will win more than lose. 

But these days 3k losses in tier 8 are rather common. 

It is a weekend after an event. - keep your helmet cinched right as it’s not getting better. 

I've been keeping to tier 5/6, right now I have no intention of going any higher. I tried tier 7 and 8, multiple times, and it only gets worse. As for what you said about damage equaling a German heavy, I really wish that were true.

XoBlitzkriegoX #157 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:49 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 36622 battles
  • [-POD-]

starting at tier 8, the ability to progress to tier 9 and 10 should be dependent on certain metrics like destruction ratio, dmg ratio, avg winrate, and games played in a tank at tier 8. 

in other words, to get a tier 9 tank, you should be able to maintain a 1:1 ratio in dmg and destruction, maintain a 48-49% winrate, and have at least 300 games played in a tier 8 tank for the line you want to progress in. just because you unlock a ST-I doesnt mean you can play a T54 for example.

alternatively, use these same stats to keep the window lickers out of ranked battles to bring meaning and relevance to that game mode. currently, the game mode is completely broken.

Christopher_klann44 #158 Posted 27 October 2017 - 09:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18038 battles
  • [SMILE]

View PostXoBlitzkriegoX, on 27 October 2017 - 09:49 PM, said:

starting at tier 8, the ability to progress to tier 9 and 10 should be dependent on certain metrics like destruction ratio, dmg ratio, avg winrate, and games played in a tank at tier 8. 

in other words, to get a tier 9 tank, you should be able to maintain a 1:1 ratio in dmg and destruction, maintain a 48-49% winrate, and have at least 300 games played in a tier 8 tank for the line you want to progress in. just because you unlock a ST-I doesnt mean you can play a T54 for example.

alternatively, use these same stats to keep the window lickers out of ranked battles to bring meaning and relevance to that game mode. currently, the game mode is completely broken.

should be like that for tier advancement period, from tier 2- 10

voyager35 #159 Posted 27 October 2017 - 10:10 PM

Ilha Formosa

• Players
  • 24428 battles
  • [TWNO1]

View PostXoBlitzkriegoX, on 27 October 2017 - 03:49 PM, said:

What you are suggesting is to ban players from access 30% of the game content by performance. This is not going to work. 

As a matter of fact, no game has ever done this before. It is not hard to do, so there must be a reason.

You never see LOL or Overwatch ban bronze players from using more skill-required characters or CSGO ban bad players from using certain guns. Because whatever metrics you use, you will make a lot of people angry. If You make the cut off too low, it will not really change anything, if you set it too high, higher tier queue will have to wait very long so even fewer people will play it. In fact, the rating battle is supposed to solve the MM problem, and it is true that you have to wait much longer to get into a game.

These are much more negative consequences you can name and the positive consequences? Sorry, there is none, because whatever they do, people will still find new things to complain about. 

Edited by voyager35, 27 October 2017 - 10:13 PM.

Hbreezy #160 Posted 28 October 2017 - 03:00 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 27275 battles
  • [TSLEG]

There will always be new/low wr players, all most people want is balanced teams according to these parameters. Players complain about noobs constantly, complaining about the mm is the real issue.  Im a 48% and im approaching 8000 games. I get frustrated when im put together with low wr or new player teams against a team of of 50% plus teams on a regular basis. Yes i have been on  the landslide teams as well, but i may never reach the skill level to "carry" a team of "noobs" against a overwhelming team of veteran players. Ive been reading these forums since the spring of this year and heard all the arguements for and against, just add a wr and battle counton top of the tank types to balance the teams in the mm.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users