1513 replies to this topic

CA_vampire #1441 Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:36 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 30288 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 05 September 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

Carry harder.

I am here to tell you, that WG does not need to do anything to have disastrous runs.

I will upload a replay tomorrow that took an easy win to a draw because a muppet went town and took 3 other morons with him.

WG can't account for individual choice - and so many idiots abound.

Perhaps you missed the part of the "3 wins in a row" mission. 

No Mercy / No Malice

CA_vampire #1442 Posted 06 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 30288 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 05 September 2020 - 07:27 PM, said:

Carry harder.

I am here to tell you, that WG does not need to do anything to have disastrous runs.

I will upload a replay tomorrow that took an easy win to a draw because a muppet went town and took 3 other morons with him.

WG can't account for individual choice - and so many idiots abound.

And you also missed the part that WG did do something: they programmed a computer game. The discussion is if they programmed it this way or the other way. Both ways need about the same amount of work. If you paint your house blue or you paint your house red, it needs about the same amount of work. Is this so hard to understand? Computer programs need to be coded, they don't just happen randomly! 

No Mercy / No Malice

crpl_hicks #1443 Posted 06 September 2020 - 06:31 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [KOP]

I have tried to come to terms with the acceptance, there are really bad streaks of lopsided games, to which we all dislike & there are good streaks of lopsided games, which we rarely post about.  I guess people might think you're braging?

I just have to believe that MM might be rigged, but eventually the winning Gods will smile down upon you?

The ole..."if i didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all",  saying must come from somewhere?

"Looks like a Goddamn town meeting"

_Crusader6_ #1444 Posted 06 September 2020 - 03:43 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostCA_vampire, on 06 September 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

And you also missed the part that WG did do something: they programmed a computer game. The discussion is if they programmed it this way or the other way. Both ways need about the same amount of work. If you paint your house blue or you paint your house red, it needs about the same amount of work. Is this so hard to understand? Computer programs need to be coded, they don't just happen randomly! 

I also believe in Occam’s Razor.  
  Why don’t you believe WG when they say random.  
 *caveat that random was programmed to fit the MM constraint of battle tier, tank type and platoons? 

Tank Hoarder: 424 tanks in Garage:  435/435 Played Tanks Aced

This space for rent until next terrible mechanic ;) 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

CA_vampire #1445 Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:01 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 30288 battles
  • [MOMB]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 06 September 2020 - 08:43 AM, said:

I also believe in Occam’s Razor.  
  Why don’t you believe WG when they say random.  
 *caveat that random was programmed to fit the MM constraint of battle tier, tank type and platoons? 

Sorry, but in this particular case I don't think you know what you are talking about! You are not a programmer. You are not a scientist either. And I don't think you really understand Occam’s Razor, either. What does it have to do with a computer program? A computer program is a human creation, it doesn't happen by chance. It is like you are watching a blockbuster movie and you say "hey, this guy happened to be there by chance... he isn't an actor, they were filming and he just happened to be walking there, that's the simplest explanation!!!". LOL! 

Please take a couple of introductory computer programming classes. It is very easy now, because there are so many quality classes online. They will really help you understand how programs work. In some classes, you can actually create a small game, asteroids or something, and this will teach you a lot. Especially regarding random vs deterministic. What you have now in your mind has nothing to do with the reality of a working programmer and the software he creates. 

No Mercy / No Malice

CA_vampire #1446 Posted 07 September 2020 - 09:48 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 30288 battles
  • [MOMB]

Okay let me try again.

For an experienced programmer, coding the MM and the RNG to work this way, the other way, or any way, is actually easy. It is one of the easiest aspects of this software. It may seem complicated to a non-programmer, but actually it is easy compared to many other things in the game. Even if they use a machine learning algorithm, it is not hard, these algorithms have been around since the 1990s.

Again: programming the MM+RNG is easy, "rigged" or not (whatever "rigged" means). 

But on the whole, this game is very complicated. For example, making water look like water is very very hard! And no, it didn't happen by chance, someone had to spend months programming it. Compared to that, MM and RNG is a piece of cake. And there are many other aspects that are really hard. Making grass look and behave like grass. And of course the 3-D engine. This is a hard game to create. This is the work of good programmers!

So, why nobody talks about "water" and everyone talks about "MM"??? Does it make sense that MM is so much easier to program than water, and yet nobody cares about water? Does it make sense that they have spent much longer working on meaningless water than working on the important MM+RNG?

Well, the thing is that if you are a great programmer, you can create "perfect" water... eventually. But there is no way to create "perfect MM". Somebody has to lose. The loser will be unhappy. There is no way to make everyone happy all the time.

So... what is the business goal here? Obviously to make money, to have players keep playing for as long as possible, to have players addicted to the game. Can a company come out and say: "We've worked very hard for months to create a fantastic MM+RNG algorithm to get you really addicted to our game!!!"? Of course not! They can't say this. But this is the actual goal of every computer game company out there! 

PS. For those interested, here is a simple article on water. It is really hard to program:  

https://www.scienced...91205130530.htm

(Now go to Canal and shoot into water and see what happens. These are good programmers! Cheers!  ) 

Edited by CA_vampire, 07 September 2020 - 10:34 AM.

No Mercy / No Malice

CA_vampire #1447 Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:44 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 30288 battles
  • [MOMB]

A relevant example on Occam's razor. 

["the simplest explanation is most likely the right one", attributed to a monk who lived around 1300 AD ]

A lot of people complain that they cannot hear the muffled dialogue in the recent film "Tenet":

https://www.theguard...ound-technology

Why does this happen? What is a possible explanation?

People can claim that:

1. It's easier to capture muffled dialogue than to capture crystal clear dialogue. 

2. Occam's razor says that the simplest explanation is the most probable.

Both of those sentences are true! 

So, does this answer our question? Is the answer that we get muffled dialog in the movie just because it is easier? 

No Mercy / No Malice

_Crusader6_ #1448 Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:01 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostCA_vampire, on 11 September 2020 - 12:44 AM, said:

A relevant example on Occam's razor. 

["the simplest explanation is most likely the right one", attributed to a monk who lived around 1300 AD ]

A lot of people complain that they cannot hear the muffled dialogue in the recent film "Tenet":

https://www.theguard...ound-technology

Why does this happen? What is a possible explanation?

People can claim that:

1. It's easier to capture muffled dialogue than to capture crystal clear dialogue. 

2. Occam's razor says that the simplest explanation is the most probable.

Both of those sentences are true! 

So, does this answer our question? Is the answer that we get muffled dialog in the movie just because it is easier? 

Well people also pay greater attention to muffled dialogue, straining to listen -- often because they like the feeling of "eavesdropping".

It also creates suspense for the audience.

Bellatormonk #1449 Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:36 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 33513 battles
  • [D2TH]

Gonna leave this one here...just another reason some people suspect the entire MM.  Now I will preface this and say that this guy WAS AFK this match, he was on our team, who won anyways, however...it was Real Mode .  Either way...can someone calculate the statistics behind this WR?

So the other odd thing unless I am just tired, is his ingame profile says he has only one Tier 2 tank..with 1 Victory?

https://imgur.com/a/gzTZmIM

Edited by Bellatormonk, 12 September 2020 - 05:39 AM.

_Crusader6_ #1450 Posted 12 September 2020 - 07:34 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBellatormonk, on 12 September 2020 - 12:36 AM, said:

Gonna leave this one here...just another reason some people suspect the entire MM.  Now I will preface this and say that this guy WAS AFK this match, he was on our team, who won anyways, however...it was Real Mode .  Either way...can someone calculate the statistics behind this WR?

So the other odd thing unless I am just tired, is his ingame profile says he has only one Tier 2 tank..with 1 Victory?

https://imgur.com/a/gzTZmIM

He played one regular battle -- the rest are in non WR events or rated.

Bellatormonk #1451 Posted 12 September 2020 - 08:11 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 33513 battles
  • [D2TH]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 12 September 2020 - 07:34 PM, said:

He played one regular battle -- the rest are in non WR events or rated.

I never realized the system counted battles up for anything other than regular battles.  OK I will take my tinfoil hat off on this one ;)

_Crusader6_ #1452 Posted 13 September 2020 - 02:45 AM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBellatormonk, on 12 September 2020 - 03:11 PM, said:

I never realized the system counted battles up for anything other than regular battles.  OK I will take my tinfoil hat off on this one ;)

Tournament and Rated battles now count to the in game profile battle count. 
  I don’t remember when that changed. 

But if you look deeper it shows what exactly they played. 
 Also if you look on Blitzstars those only shows normal mode games. 

Berkshire_Hunt #1453 Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:21 PM

Private

• Players
  • 23589 battles
  • [CLUNT]

Trust in wargaming shattered. 

21 k games and I honestly thought the game was true and honest I'm shattered and feel betrayed. I'm not claiming to be good or bad just taken for a fool. My winrate is between 8% to 52% . Hows that possible?  Easy just log in finish top 3 and lose 50 games straight win one and the lose 50 more. Buy a new prem? Not a problem lose 9 straight games and win the 10th for a 10% w/r. I can play all day and get good damage but win zero games. Blitz is permanently in skirmish mode with one or 2 afk each game with a token 7 active players every 10 games.  

After 21k games I honestly have no clue how good I am (or bad) . The utubers say that 3p% is not possible afk unless you actually stop players. I have 8% and 12% ta is with damage that's way over average  . 

I see some players just play one or two  tanks to get over 50%. A ratio of 100: 1 , I do this and its instant loss. Literally only 2 or 3 active players if I overplay a tank.  So if I'm nerfed and have a limp team that means the other side (the winners the skilled players, players get help to win. If I'm being kneecapped they are being unfairly helped to a fake and false winrate. 

In short it's a rollercoaster ride , ups and downs but predictably predetermined. Like a train driver you are on rails and cant determine your destination. 

whatzup22 #1454 Posted 14 September 2020 - 11:30 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3038 battles
  • [FOIL]

I just got a VK 36.01H fully stock. Now, MM decides to fk me up by giving me literally the worst Eraser players in my team. 1 who decided to jump literally right into 2 enemies and  the other who decided to camp with dicker max. 2 rigged maps where I cannot go hulldown. Castilla and some desert map. I had to go heavies side so i wont get

1. flanked

2. left behind by lights

but then the lights started to yolo with eraser. (castilla)

and left me alone with a red eraser and su100y

next match, some desert one. dicker max in good position. then, eraser camped with him. all i remembered was a at8 with top fking gun and a arl 44 with top fking gun farming me

Amm0rat #1455 Posted 15 September 2020 - 12:34 AM

this is bob, The Gold Spamming Ape

• Players
  • 24238 battles
  • [PURPL]

View Postwhatzup22, on 14 September 2020 - 07:30 PM, said:

I just got a VK 36.01H fully stock. Now, MM decides to fk me up by giving me literally the worst Eraser players in my team. 1 who decided to jump literally right into 2 enemies and  the other who decided to camp with dicker max. 2 rigged maps where I cannot go hulldown. Castilla and some desert map. I had to go heavies side so i wont get

1. flanked

2. left behind by lights

but then the lights started to yolo with eraser. (castilla)

and left me alone with a red eraser and su100y

next match, some desert one. dicker max in good position. then, eraser camped with him. all i remembered was a at8 with top fking gun and a arl 44 with top fking gun farming me

A maxed out VK36.01 is a notorious seal clubbing tank. You don't even need a team to win with that thing if you know how to angle and how to peek-a-boom. A super uni platoon of VK 36.01s can literally steamroll entire enemy teams without assistance. 

to address your other claims:

You're cherry picking games where you lost or performed poorly and you are blaming it on your teammates. Don't bother blaming your teammates for losses because: 1. it is pointless. 2. there are better things to do. 

For example: focus on your gameplay. Where were you positioning yourself when you got shot? Were you contributing to the team by doing damage or spotting tanks or capping bases? What did you do wrong? Ask yourself what you could have done better in these situations instead of being angry at your team and calling matchmaking rigged. 

The moment you stop blaming your team for your own performance, and the moment you understand the importance of your individual contribution to the game, the better you'll become as a player. Eventually, you'll understand that matchmaking isn't rigged after all once you recognize that you can get good teams and you can get bad teams. The only thing that is consistent in match making is you. If you can pull your weight and beyond in games, you'll become a better player and win more. 

whatzup22 #1456 Posted 15 September 2020 - 06:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3038 battles
  • [FOIL]

View Postbob_000, on 15 September 2020 - 08:34 AM, said:

A maxed out VK36.01 is a notorious seal clubbing tank. You don't even need a team to win with that thing if you know how to angle and how to peek-a-boom. A super uni platoon of VK 36.01s can literally steamroll entire enemy teams without assistance. 

to address your other claims:

You're cherry picking games where you lost or performed poorly and you are blaming it on your teammates. Don't bother blaming your teammates for losses because: 1. it is pointless. 2. there are better things to do. 

For example: focus on your gameplay. Where were you positioning yourself when you got shot? Were you contributing to the team by doing damage or spotting tanks or capping bases? What did you do wrong? Ask yourself what you could have done better in these situations instead of being angry at your team and calling matchmaking rigged. 

The moment you stop blaming your team for your own performance, and the moment you understand the importance of your individual contribution to the game, the better you'll become as a player. Eventually, you'll understand that matchmaking isn't rigged after all once you recognize that you can get good teams and you can get bad teams. The only thing that is consistent in match making is you. If you can pull your weight and beyond in games, you'll become a better player and win more. 

I was fully stock, and these were my first 2 games.

You would be angry too, if you see a couple of zeros at the bottom of the battle screen

also, idk what gun to use

This vk is same as my hellcat. somehow i kept losing when i just got the tank, maybe cuz i wasnt doing my role since im stock, once my hellcat got upgraded, teams started getting better, my winrate improved. but with my loss streak in stock vk 36.01 idk how fast i will be able to max out this hunk of metal 

Edited by whatzup22, 15 September 2020 - 06:42 AM.

whatzup22 #1457 Posted 15 September 2020 - 08:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3038 battles
  • [FOIL]
ok i have now upgraded VK 36.01H’s engine and turret. My avr dmg just shot up [edited], winrate improved a little, teams were somehow better . mebbe its just me then. ok then, thats enough grind for today oof panzer 4 g hurts i miss VK 30.01H

_Crusader6_ #1458 Posted 15 September 2020 - 02:04 PM

Vote Slime Mold

• Players
  • 70713 battles
  • [BDGER]

View PostBerkshire_Hunt, on 14 September 2020 - 04:21 PM, said:

21 k games and I honestly thought the game was true and honest I'm shattered and feel betrayed. I'm not claiming to be good or bad just taken for a fool. My winrate is between 8% to 52% . Hows that possible?  Easy just log in finish top 3 and lose 50 games straight win one and the lose 50 more. Buy a new prem? Not a problem lose 9 straight games and win the 10th for a 10% w/r. I can play all day and get good damage but win zero games. Blitz is permanently in skirmish mode with one or 2 afk each game with a token 7 active players every 10 games.  

After 21k games I honestly have no clue how good I am (or bad) . The utubers say that 3p% is not possible afk unless you actually stop players. I have 8% and 12% ta is with damage that's way over average  . 

I see some players just play one or two  tanks to get over 50%. A ratio of 100: 1 , I do this and its instant loss. Literally only 2 or 3 active players if I overplay a tank.  So if I'm nerfed and have a limp team that means the other side (the winners the skilled players, players get help to win. If I'm being kneecapped they are being unfairly helped to a fake and false winrate. 

In short it's a rollercoaster ride , ups and downs but predictably predetermined. Like a train driver you are on rails and cant determine your destination. 

So let's look at that.

https://www.blitzsta.../Berkshire_Hunt

You have a DR below 1 - so you dish out less damage than you take.

You bought a lot of premium tanks and play TT tanks in tiers way way above your understanding.

This month you have a .57 DR in tier X, and 1018 avg dmg there.   You are doing less than 1/2 of the needed dmg to break even there.

Your kill / death are .31 - so you die early and don't help your team.

In their 9 you have more spots in the PZ 70 than the T92, AMX 1er P, or Standard B.   - in tier 9 you still have a sub 1 DR and KDR.

You average more Damage / Battle in Tier 8 and 9 than X -- and still you need to drop down to tier 7 to have a damage ratio above 1.

It is not MM, it is you -- you nearly have a very poor understanding of the game - and because of that you are a detriment to your teams.

whatzup22 #1459 Posted 15 September 2020 - 11:34 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 3038 battles
  • [FOIL]

View PostBerkshire_Hunt, on 15 September 2020 - 05:21 AM, said:

Top 3?

Good damage?

thenerfdude #1460 Posted 23 September 2020 - 12:09 PM

Ramming Speed!

• Players
  • 30395 battles
  • [_AUS_]

You really should not be able to have a silver league player in your team when you are platinum league, i was grinding ratings and this guy in an e100 pulled me down 3 games in row because he had no clue what he was doing :"u

i dont care if i need to wait longer for a match, i play ratings so i can play with people in my same.... rating. why should i play ratings if i have the same quality teams as randoms? The teams only get good when you hit +4.8k and its hard to grind up to that level when playing with 13 year old e100 drivers on your team.

pls fix wg

I want to bring my pet teir 2 to teir 10 one more time 

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users