Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
2145 replies to this topic

Rou_Garou #1941 Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:01 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]

Some forum personalities would not agree with this but an alternate account is one way to play at times when you think teams are tough.

You can battle without worry to your win rate or focus on learning new tactics without a care.

I started one when 5.5 came out to check out the changes and keep it F2P.  I find it helpful for trying things out.

Besides I had the best name for a tanker and had to use it somewhere.  GLHF

j_rod #1942 Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:17 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 36059 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRou_Garou, on 12 November 2021 - 07:01 AM, said:

Some forum personalities would not agree with this but an alternate account is one way to play at times when you think teams are tough.

You can battle without worry to your win rate or focus on learning new tactics without a care.

I started one when 5.5 came out to check out the changes and keep it F2P.  I find it helpful for trying things out.

I personally think this is a very wise thing to do to keep the game enjoyable in those tough stretches.

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

_Crusader6_ #1943 Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:23 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 87934 battles
  • [III]

View PostRou_Garou, on 12 November 2021 - 08:01 AM, said:

I didn’t think Rou_Garrou’s alt was a very original name but YMMV 

;)

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 504 tanks in Garage:  517/519 Played Tanks Aced

376 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

j_rod #1944 Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:37 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 36059 battles
  • [III-C]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 12 November 2021 - 07:23 AM, said:

I didn’t think Rou_Garrou’s alt was a very original name but YMMV 

;)

You can shut up _Insecticide

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

Rou_Garou #1945 Posted 12 November 2021 - 01:52 PM

Carriers needed - apply inside

• Players
  • 38254 battles
  • [OP-4]

Rou Garou's exist deep in Louisiana swamps in the minds of many.

Snake Blitzken can only be found in Blitz

_Crusader6_ #1946 Posted 12 November 2021 - 02:15 PM

• Players
  • 87934 battles
  • [III]

View Postj_rod, on 12 November 2021 - 08:37 AM, said:

You can shut up _Insecticide

It was _INSECTlClDE (Capital I and lower case L[l]’s) - a rename for a bunch of us, not a reroll

We had 7 of them for a while on our tournament team in Resurgence.  
     4 x IS-4 with legendary camo all called INSECTICIDE makes focus fire appalling tough. 

I need more tanks...

tcamp48 #1947 Posted 13 November 2021 - 01:20 AM

Artista pazzo

• Players
  • 93472 battles
  • [III-S]
I never considered an alt for many years. Never wanted to start over. 

~ Community Pledge Signer ~ [iii] ~ #oldguard

Original M60 Owner! ~ Keeping Guns in the Game!

BAR_001 #1948 Posted 31 December 2021 - 04:34 AM

Mechanized com poster

• Players
  • 38200 battles
  • [HAHA]
I dont know what is up with MM but it feels like severely lop sided battles are back again. I dont know, maybe it is just me and they never really ended. :amazed:
 Free speech is not allowed in Jerkistan.

Chickenwingzilla #1949 Posted 31 December 2021 - 06:00 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 55453 battles
MM doesn't consider nation or class?  Then why is it quicker to get a politician to tell the truth than get a battle when you are in a Dracula toon?

CAUSTICRHINO #1950 Posted 31 December 2021 - 07:56 AM

Private

• Players
  • 5064 battles
  • [IRONH]

I'm just going to vent here. The MM is NEEDS revision!!! The more I play WOTB, the more I lose battles. What the freak! It used to be that the higher the Tier, the Red Team was just a fine tuned machine. They would work as a team, almost like they were in a Platoon. Skillfully manipulating the battle field, coordinated plans of attack, their tank are always stronger, delivering much more damage than my team could ever dream of, and now, almost any game, at any Teir, they win, having 5 or 6 tanks left, demolishing the Green Team in a matter of minutes. This is happening 95% of the time. Really?!?

I have played almost 4000 games and I have read and watch videos on the Tips and tricks for being a better player, been strategic in my maneuvers in the battle field, play defense most of the time because the hits that I take from the Red Team are triple than what I can dish out. 

I am 67 years old, I have played videos games for years with my kids. I got hooked on WOTB a few years ago. I'm a tech guy. Love computers. Use them every day. So video games aren't a new thing to me, even though I'm an "old man". WOTB is a great game! I play on a regular basis, going in, thinking that I will do better, win more battles, but it NEVER happens. As I said earlier, the more I play, the more battles I lose. 

I know millions of people play this game. I guessing that the majority of the players are highly skilled at this game and there will never be a "even match" generated with your MM. It is very discouraging to lose almost every game. Many games I am "The Last Man Standing". Not bragging, but this is what happens when I play. 

Something wrong with your system or this is the "Norm" and the game is saturated with highly skilled players and the MM can't create a balanced match of teams. The more I play, the more "ticked"

I get. If your game doesn't become "more balanced" then I'm out. I have "A LOT " of time and money invested in this game, but if this is the "trend" that is programed into WOTB, then I'm out!

Sincerely Yours,

Michael V.

spalling_apart #1951 Posted 31 December 2021 - 01:38 PM

Oops, I spalled

• Players
  • 37781 battles
  • [III]

Edit: I made a comment about your number of games but was only looking at last 30 days so it makes no sense.  

I don’t really have any suggestion but to say keep trying to learn. Have fun and good luck. Take a break if it becomes too much. We all do at some point.

Edited by spalling_apart, 31 December 2021 - 01:43 PM.

_Crusader6_ #1952 Posted 31 December 2021 - 02:42 PM

• Players
  • 87934 battles
  • [III]

View PostCAUSTICRINO, on 31 December 2021 - 02:56 AM, said:

I'm just going to vent here. The MM is NEEDS revision!!! The more I play WOTB, the more I lose battles. What the freak! It used to be that the higher the Tier, the Red Team was just a fine tuned machine. They would work as a team, almost like they were in a Platoon. Skillfully manipulating the battle field, coordinated plans of attack, their tank are always stronger, delivering much more damage than my team could ever dream of, and now, almost any game, at any Teir, they win, having 5 or 6 tanks left, demolishing the Green Team in a matter of minutes. This is happening 95% of the time. Really?!?

I have played almost 4000 games and I have read and watch videos on the Tips and tricks for being a better player, been strategic in my maneuvers in the battle field, play defense most of the time because the hits that I take from the Red Team are triple than what I can dish out. 

I am 67 years old, I have played videos games for years with my kids. I got hooked on WOTB a few years ago. I'm a tech guy. Love computers. Use them every day. So video games aren't a new thing to me, even though I'm an "old man". WOTB is a great game! I play on a regular basis, going in, thinking that I will do better, win more battles, but it NEVER happens. As I said earlier, the more I play, the more battles I lose. 

I know millions of people play this game. I guessing that the majority of the players are highly skilled at this game and there will never be a "even match" generated with your MM. It is very discouraging to lose almost every game. Many games I am "The Last Man Standing". Not bragging, but this is what happens when I play. 

Something wrong with your system or this is the "Norm" and the game is saturated with highly skilled players and the MM can't create a balanced match of teams. The more I play, the more "ticked"

I get. If your game doesn't become "more balanced" then I'm out. I have "A LOT " of time and money invested in this game, but if this is the "trend" that is programed into WOTB, then I'm out!

Sincerely Yours,

Michael V.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/CAUSTICRINO

Michael, you may want to look at Blitzstars (above). 
    You don’t spot in meds, you take a slew more damage than you deal. 
 If you are watching play guides and reading up on how to play, you may want to check what resources they are and who is putting them out.  

I need more tanks...

wrecker1968 #1953 Posted 31 December 2021 - 02:59 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostCAUSTICRINO, on 31 December 2021 - 07:56 AM, said:

Sincerely Yours,

Michael V.

There are a lot of very good players (Crusader and VOP) on this forum that will probably help you if you ask them nicely. just be very specific, type of tank, Play style And replays.  They will need as much realistic information as you can provide to be able to help you properly.

On the technical acrisis will be able to help you. There is a ton of information and experience floating around here. Use it. And be patient

Bellatormonk #1954 Posted 01 January 2022 - 10:37 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 38831 battles
  • [UNIVN]

"I guessing that the majority of the players are highly skilled at this game"

The complete opposite is the fact and why some of us feel the MM is actually broken.  The math heads will tell you that if we match based on WR then everyone ends up at 50%.  I would be good with that.

anonym_YpO9o1QHTLCF #1955 Posted 06 January 2022 - 01:13 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 0 battles

Matchmaking sucks and there is no putting lipstick on this pig.  WOTB is not intersted in making it fair.  Their decisions are based on making $$$.

Fixes: 

1.  Have an, "I don't give a ####" attitude about winning and losing

2.  Stop tracking win rate

wrecker1968 #1956 Posted 06 January 2022 - 02:48 AM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostNUBKiller2021, on 06 January 2022 - 01:13 AM, said:

Matchmaking sucks and there is no putting lipstick on this pig.  WOTB is not intersted in making it fair.  Their decisions are based on making $$$.

Fixes: 

3. Delete your account after 5000 battles, start a new account. Repeat as necessary.

4. Do not go past tier 7 (If you do they will bump you to a different server.)

5. Don't spend more than $5 (battle pass only) per month. There is no need too.

_Crusader6_ #1957 Posted 06 January 2022 - 05:22 AM

• Players
  • 87934 battles
  • [III]

View PostNUBKiller2021, on 05 January 2022 - 08:13 PM, said:

Fixes: 

Don’t be a bot? 

I need more tanks...

__V_O_P__ #1958 Posted 07 January 2022 - 12:04 AM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 70108 battles
  • [LAP]

View PostNUBKiller2021, on 05 January 2022 - 08:13 PM, said:

Fixes: 

i learned a lot about MM from this post. Well argued. Lots of facts and evidence to digest. Insightful questions. Paradigms were shattered. 

JefeMac #1959 Posted 07 January 2022 - 01:09 AM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11081 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postwrecker1968, on 31 December 2021 - 02:59 PM, said:

There are a lot of very good players (Crusader and VOP) on this forum that will probably help you if you ask them nicely. just be very specific, type of tank, Play style And replays.  They will need as much realistic information as you can provide to be able to help you properly.

On the technical acrisis will be able to help you. There is a ton of information and experience floating around here. Use it. And be patient

Good points Wreck.

Heck - you don’t even have to ask nicely for dudes like C6, VOP, j_rod etc to help, just don’t be a whiny bîtch when posting or rant on about unfounded conspiracy theories like WG is out to get you. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

_Crusader6_ #1960 Posted 07 January 2022 - 04:17 AM

• Players
  • 87934 battles
  • [III]

View PostJefeMac, on 06 January 2022 - 08:09 PM, said:

Good points Wreck.

Heck - you don’t even have to ask nicely for dudes like C6, VOP, j_rod etc to help, just don’t be a whiny bîtch when posting or rant on about unfounded conspiracy theories like WG is out to get you. 

Unless they are, but we’ll want proof ;) 

I need more tanks...

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users