• Please log in to reply
2202 replies to this topic

KriticSoul #2041 Posted 30 January 2022 - 02:02 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6793 battles
  • [LCTS]

View PostKriticSoul, on 29 January 2022 - 09:26 PM, said:

Why i cant understand is: Why people says that the MM is rigged? I have a few question about this

1 - How this benefits WG by rigging the MM to everyone?
They dont win anything, if you will say that the Premium players will win more, then its wrong, you can see a lot of premium players that have a 50% or less, and freemium players with 60%

2 - How they rig the games? Ghost shells? Cannon Dispersion? Hit in the wheels for the side without doing dmg?
For doing this, you need to track a lots of things in the Team that will lose, example, make shots miss by dispersion or ghost shells, not doing damage or breaking modules, but, you know, thats hard, and it will be very obvious, and by that way, it will be impossible to carry a match, and this happens a lot, and you can see the disadvantage team win for the way they play, of course, this is not something that happens like 10/20, but happens

3 - Players play all their match perfectly? Even if they have 60% WR?
What im trying to say with this is, i have a 51% WR, yeah, a sad 51%, but theres some matches that i play horrible, like a player with 40% - 45%, and that happens to everyone, because the enemy team is not forever predictable, they can make things that makes you play "bad", but then, theres others matches that i play like a god, so that means, even if someone haves 60%, theres sometimes that will play bad, or will have bad lucky with the enemy behavior

4 - Someone can say me, why there are players with 30K battles and 60% WR if this rigged MM system exist?
It is to be supposed that the System makes you stay in the "losing team" when you win lots of match in a row, how the system can do this? The system predicts the future and see how players will play to see where to put every player or something like that? Even a team with all players with 40% WR can win against 55%+ WR players team, they have less probabilities to win, but they still can, because, i repeat, human behavior is unpredictable (and rng too) but the point is, to makes you lose, the MM needs to put you with an entire team of 45% or less WR players? And all the enemy team with more than 55% WR? For that, the system needs enough players with less 50% WR in the same tier, in top or bottom tier from you, and needs enoughs players with more than 50% WR that are in bottom or top tier...but...for that, the system needs that the teams have almost the same quantity of type tanks, and the worst to one side, and the best for the other side, thats what i think, and, was you can see, that cant happen often, queue times wil take lots of minutes to make players play

5 - How the MM will be balanced in case that the MM is really rigged?
As i say before, players do not play well in all the matches, so, the team cant be balanced by win rate, maybe considering other statistics, like Destruction rate and Damage rate, but it will be the same, you dont do in all matches the same hp or more of your tank, as everyone, you can have bad luck, so i think this system will not work, and because we are humans, we cant balance well the teams, because, i repeat for third time: Human behavior is unpredictable

Opinnion about the questions are in blue, well thats obvious
This is my opinnion and i accept that i can be wrong in one, or all of that i said, this is, of course from my experience, which is not much, i have just almost 4000 battles, but i dont think the MM can rig anything, and
Errors or misspelleds words, ignore it, this is not my main lenguage so maybe something of what i say can have no sense at all

Too much text, i dont like this

Something that i forget to say, as a..not proof but i will say it anyway
With the recent event, where you need to win to get 3 coins to buy things, im playing a lot, wanting to win as much as i can, and thats something that i see...my WR goes up from 51.20% to 51.70% (with almost 4000 battles, thats significant), thats because, im playing with the tanks that i dominate (IS-2, LTTB, ISU-152, WZ-110) and those tanks aren't good enough to make a difference in a match, especially, the IS-2 and the WZ-110, and i still winning a lot, when you want to improve, when you want to win, you can do a big difference in the match that decides what team wins, in fact, i recently played the ISU-152 where it was me who makes the team win, not doing 3000 damage, i just helped teammate in the right moment, and i didnt do anything special, with this, who win and lose depends on your team, but also you, you can make a difference

Too much text again, i'm brainless

Edited by KriticSoul, 30 January 2022 - 02:17 AM.

"Gods no fear death"

By the way, (Misspelled words or phrases, ignore it, this is not my mother lenguage)

Don't believe to BlitzStars about my specific stats, i'm still being a noob yet

__V_O_P__ #2042 Posted 30 January 2022 - 02:54 AM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 73895 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 January 2022 - 07:28 PM, said:

Nope. I've watched you guys in the past go after people and you only point out the negative you never point out the positive. You do your best to crucify them.

So since I will not give any information. That means I'm wrong and you win. Game over. happiness for you.

I have an idea for you wrecker. Do you want to set up a new F2P account. You play it for a couple of hundred battles. Then give it to me. I’ll play it for a couple of hundred. Then swap back. Then swap again. We can compare - damage…accuracy…win rate…

wrecker1968 #2043 Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:01 PM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam

• Players
  • 60788 battles

So if you're a better player what is this going to prove. In fact we know you're a better player. Hell I've admitted it's all my fault. 

All I've said is that it's that it's a piss poor design. So you're telling me that the designers anticipated all these tarts playing the game when they made Match making. Think about all the other things that have changed along the way that would affect it. Whether it be pushing new players up the ladder too fast or fantasy tanks etc....

Maybe I should amend that statement to it's a outdated design. But I like piss poor better.

And yes it's given me the attitude that I don't want to better myself anymore. Obviously it's the same with the designers. And a ton of players too.

KriticSoul #2044 Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6793 battles
  • [LCTS]

View Postwrecker1968, on 30 January 2022 - 12:01 PM, said:

So if you're a better player what is this going to prove. In fact we know you're a better player. Hell I've admitted it's all my fault. 

All I've said is that it's that it's a piss poor design. So you're telling me that the designers anticipated all these tarts playing the game when they made Match making. Think about all the other things that have changed along the way that would affect it. Whether it be pushing new players up the ladder too fast or fantasy tanks etc....

Maybe I should amend that statement to it's a outdated design. But I like piss poor better.

And yes it's given me the attitude that I don't want to better myself anymore. Obviously it's the same with the designers. And a ton of players too.

How you could make a solution to "fix" the MM and put players that will be efficient against others players that will be at the same "skill" level? Spoiler, WinRate and Player statistic will not fix it at all, and queue times will be too much time, but tell me, i want to know if there are a creative solution for this

"Gods no fear death"

By the way, (Misspelled words or phrases, ignore it, this is not my mother lenguage)

_Crusader6_ #2045 Posted 30 January 2022 - 04:51 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 92392 battles
  • [III]

View Postwrecker1968, on 30 January 2022 - 11:01 AM, said:

I fully agree WG has made a lot of bad choices.   
   They blew a golden opportunity with the new tutorial, and have compounded it with other decisions that may it harder for most players to win solo.   

But personally I find tier 6-7 harder to win solo than 8-10, with 9-10 being the more reliable for me. 
  In 6-8 there are so many bad players that it’s often hard to offset when combine with bad players on red going to the weirdest places.  
There is still a incredible amount of poor players in 9-10, but not at the drowning levels of 6-8.  

But I just try to do my best, nothing else you can do.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 530 tanks in Garage:  539/547 Played Tanks Aced

448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

wrecker1968 #2046 Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:40 PM

• Players
  • 60788 battles

I am not a software engineer. So I cannot fix or even come up with solutions for outdated Program.

I am not good enough for tier 9 - 10. You guys have pointed out my stats in the past About that.

Why is 6 - 8 such a mess? Maybe it has something to do with WG pushing newer players to those tiers.  And maybe it might have something to do with that update that you love so much 5.5.

These are things that we're not and are not calculated into matchmaking and RNG.

If there wasn't a problem with match making, then there would not be so many negative threads (Deleted) against it,  Including this one With over a 100 Pages. And you guys would not need to defend it at every turn.

wrecker1968 #2047 Posted 30 January 2022 - 06:48 PM

• Players
  • 60788 battles

Oh one other thing, Kritisoul who are you really?? Because if you only have 3000 battles under your belt, then you don't have enough experience for these issues. But I get the feeling you're actually someone else.

But I have no proof. So I am probably wrong.

Just like everything else that I have brought up.

sparx1951 #2048 Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:00 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19209 battles

Well I just played in my 252, 2 of us were low tier 8, all other Tier 9.

One tier 9 had 140 battles, fired one shot.  Another 1400 battles fired 2 shots.

I can't find a tier to get at least 50% wins, to crawl myself up to at least 47%. 

Very hard to win with players that are NOT EVEN SHOOTINGI

Will continue to try to move up in W/R, been very hard in the last 3 days to get wins and stay at a decent percent for the day.

This is the WOT B which exists  now for whatever reasons.

Oh, I do have to say MM did me in putting 2 annihilators on reds with NONE on green for 4 or 5 matches in the last week,needless to say all were green losses.

Edited by sparx1951, 30 January 2022 - 07:00 PM.

j_rod #2049 Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:11 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 36351 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postsparx1951, on 30 January 2022 - 01:00 PM, said:

Well I just played in my 252, 2 of us were low tier 8, all other Tier 9.

One tier 9 had 140 battles, fired one shot.  Another 1400 battles fired 2 shots.

I can't find a tier to get at least 50% wins, to crawl myself up to at least 47%. 

Very hard to win with players that are NOT EVEN SHOOTINGI

Will continue to try to move up in W/R, been very hard in the last 3 days to get wins and stay at a decent percent for the day.

This is the WOT B which exists  now for whatever reasons.

Oh, I do have to say MM did me in putting 2 annihilators on reds with NONE on green for 4 or 5 matches in the last week,needless to say all were green losses.

You did zero damage in both of those two games in the 252u and you're calling out your teammates?

It was never fair... but it was fun! - Krietenstein34 

“There are no stupid questions, only stupid people.” - Mr Garrison (South Park)

sparx1951 #2050 Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19209 battles

Get a life Jrod

j_rod #2051 Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:18 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 36351 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postsparx1951, on 30 January 2022 - 01:13 PM, said:

Get a life Jrod

Cool. You did zero damage in both those games, had zero spots, and you have the nerve to sit there and talk trash about your teammates. Unreal.

KriticSoul #2052 Posted 30 January 2022 - 07:36 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6793 battles
  • [LCTS]

View Postwrecker1968, on 30 January 2022 - 02:48 PM, said:

Oh one other thing, Kritisoul who are you really?? Because if you only have 3000 battles under your belt, then you don't have enough experience for these issues. But I get the feeling you're actually someone else.

But I have no proof. So I am probably wrong.

Just like everything else that I have brought up.

Yeah, ok, i have no enough exp yet, i have almost 4000 battles (3800, idk why the battle count doesnt update) but where the experience in the game influence in a discussion about the Matchmaking, trying to make lose someone in specific? And, maybe i have not the same knowledge than you and others with more battles than me, but i think i know enough for saying my opinnion, and, as i say, i want to know more, im not just giving my opinnion and saying it can be absolutely true, and, im nobody, I am someone with no presence anywhere

"Gods no fear death"

sparx1951 #2053 Posted 30 January 2022 - 08:02 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19209 battles

MM did the unequal Annihilators again, and of course green lost.

I out shot all the 7's and the tier 8's as well, still lost. Reds annih was top gun.   But this is the WOT B we have now, challenging to say the least.

https://i.postimg.cc/hGtM0YMC/gamepng.png

Edited by sparx1951, 30 January 2022 - 08:04 PM.

_Crusader6_ #2054 Posted 30 January 2022 - 09:01 PM

St. Javelin: NLAW we Trust

• Players
  • 92392 battles
  • [III]

View Postsparx1951, on 30 January 2022 - 03:02 PM, said:

I out shot all the 7's and the tier 8's as well, still lost. Reds annih was top gun.   But this is the WOT B we have now, challenging to say the least.

In the last 30 days, you average 1236 dmg in 137 Annihilator games. 
    A tank that should be easily putting up 1800+ 

Your damage ratio is .83 this month.   You are simply missing some game mechanics and understanding of tank characteristics.  
   Because of this you are significantly team dependent to the point of being a heavy drain on your team, and you make it exceptionally hard on players who are team dependent.  

Rather than get annoyed at other players on your team, or try to cherry pick a 1 in 25 game where you preformed over the player base average, you should do some searching about the game.   Player guides, map guides and Game Mechanics videos.  

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 530 tanks in Garage:  539/547 Played Tanks Aced

448 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

__V_O_P__ #2055 Posted 30 January 2022 - 09:45 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 73895 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postsparx1951, on 30 January 2022 - 03:02 PM, said:

C6 is not wrong. Your annihilator stats are pretty bad. If you click on the tank in Blitzstars you can see that you’re below average on everything. Most worryingly your shot efficiency is low across not just the annihilator but all of your tanks. Are you firing a lot of HE or prammo? Because you’re losing 25% of your damage on each and every shot you fire. 

wrecker1968 #2056 Posted 31 January 2022 - 05:34 AM

• Players
  • 60788 battles

View Postsparx1951, on 30 January 2022 - 08:02 PM, said:

Don't get upset with these guys, They are unicoms. They think every player should be able to do what they do. I couldn't even average 1800 damage with that tank. But they are on to something about your damage efficiency. It's a peekaboom tank. So when you are hiding keep an eye on your prey and wait for him to fire on a teammate. Then pop out and you should have a little extra time to aim efficiently. Best of luck and have fun.

JefeMac #2057 Posted 31 January 2022 - 06:22 PM

Foro Fuego Jefe (Jubilado)

• Players
  • 11899 battles
  • [ROTI]

View Postwrecker1968, on 31 January 2022 - 05:34 AM, said:

Don't get upset with these guys, They are unicoms. They think every player should be able to do what they do. I couldn't even average 1800 damage with that tank. But they are on to something about your damage efficiency. It's a peekaboom tank. So when you are hiding keep an eye on your prey and wait for him to fire on a teammate. Then pop out and you should have a little extra time to aim efficiently. Best of luck and have fun.

Or play a tank that more closely suits your play style. Most importantly, as you said Wrecker; have fun. 

“And yet when you hear people say ‘conspiracy theory’ that’s designed to pluck this little part of your brain that says, well, that thing’s not true,” said Attkisson. “And I always keep an open mind and say, that crazy thing that they say is a conspiracy theory may well have some truth in it.”

j_rod #2058 Posted 02 February 2022 - 06:18 PM

Forum Moral Police

• Players
  • 36351 battles
  • [III-C]
Can someone adequately explain why failtoons are still allowed? It's a relatively minor occurrence but when it does occur, it's guaranteed to be a platoon of two very weak players or a platoon of players trying to take advantage of those weak players.

With as easy as it is to grind now, I truly don't understand why this is still a thing.

__V_O_P__ #2059 Posted 02 February 2022 - 07:07 PM

A Lapsed Pacifist

• Players
  • 73895 battles
  • [LAP]

View Postj_rod, on 02 February 2022 - 01:18 PM, said:

Can someone adequately explain why failtoons are still allowed? It's a relatively minor occurrence but when it does occur, it's guaranteed to be a platoon of two very weak players or a platoon of players trying to take advantage of those weak players.

With as easy as it is to grind now, I truly don't understand why this is still a thing.

or why WG allows two fail toons on one team and two regular toons on the other. 

WriterDude #2060 Posted 02 February 2022 - 08:03 PM

My Posts Are Forum Prammo

• Players
  • 29337 battles
  • [SCRAM]

View Postj_rod, on 02 February 2022 - 11:18 AM, said:

No earthly idea about failtoons - they should require that toons are same-level. Although yesterday I was in two battles that featured two platoons on each side. That kinda changes the dynamic too.

Worthy of focus fire by SPUDX.  Potato Cred Link

"In Blitz, there's a certain value in expeditiously moving to the inevitable." -WriterDude

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users