Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1088 replies to this topic

Player_39363936 #261 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:26 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 69528 battles
  • [EWENS]
When I’m going good in tier five and tier six, I start being low tier.  And I can’t get out of it until I have a zero or near zero damage game.

__Crusader6__ #262 Posted 28 November 2017 - 10:30 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 59556 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Postobi__wan__shinobi, on 28 November 2017 - 05:23 PM, said:

I lost 16 in a row in the IS-6 ... this is at a time when I had 2000 games in that tank and a 65 percent win rate.

Totally random my [edited].

Random is not what you think it is...

You may see patterns in short term (under 448 games; why 448, well that is 14x32, 32 min number for a valid sample and 14 players in each game) - over a longer size the pattern will be discernible 

I lost 29 in a row a few years ago in my JPE, my worst loss stretch ever. 

I lost focus and kept hitting battle -- when one goes on tilt as a good player, your team is likely in deep trouble, as your not going to be shouldering the weight of the team that you need to win most of the time.

Tank Hoarder: 383 tanks in Garage:  375/385 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

emeritusnoob #263 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 23566 battles

Tier X I usually see 3-5 TDs on each team of course always FV215B 183´s is not funny have to spot them and get derped or penetrated by a fv 183 or anyother tipe of TD then lose 1000 hp points 

it´s people who dont have skill to play anyother class of tank sucessfully they are like the sealclubbers clickers from pc but in blitz

i hope WG realize about this and nerf the TDs like they did to the meds in the past cuz the people was playing too much meds

it whould be nice at least 2 TDs on each team and meds/lights

¡Hullo amigo wey!

I am a Mexican player and also an Unicum one, if you see me in battle do not hesitate requesting a platoon wey

Main Tank: T26E4 SUPER PERSHING

" Revelation 21:6: I am the Alpha and the Omega"

Strigonx #264 Posted 29 November 2017 - 06:45 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4508 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostUrielmarverickZ, on 29 November 2017 - 05:11 AM, said:

Tier X I usually see 3-5 TDs on each team of course always FV215B 183´s is not funny have to spot them and get derped or penetrated by a fv 183 or anyother tipe of TD then lose 1000 hp points 

it´s people who dont have skill to play anyother class of tank sucessfully they are like the sealclubbers clickers from pc but in blitz

i hope WG realize about this and nerf the TDs like they did to the meds in the past cuz the people was playing too much meds

it whould be nice at least 2 TDs on each team and meds/lights

Trigger Warning: PC matchmaker

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

SanguinaryDan #265 Posted 30 November 2017 - 12:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17105 battles
  • [III-P]

I’d walk away and never come back if I got multiple games like that.  

It’s bad enough that half of Tier X can’t pen the other half without perfect RNG or an idiot for a target.  But the sheer number of TDs in these games is getting stupid.  You’re guaranteed at least 3 with over the top guns and probably obscene armor.  

When was the last time you saw more than 1 of any tank besides the IS-7, Maus or E100 on a team?  But I’ll bet you see multiple big TDs all the time.  Soon the only tanks you’ll ever see will be the Axis of Evil, maybe a few BatChats and some Russian Mediums.  All else will be TDs!  twitch-quiver-drool. And they called me mad!  The fools.  I’ll show them!

But it would be nice to see some variety guaranteed instead of just prayed for.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

BattChiefJoe241 #266 Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10070 battles
  • [MCFD]
This game fn sucks every battle I'm on a crap team, my shots do not penn at all even HE says bounced off. I haven't had a good match in a long time. My WR dropped 10%. I'm done wargamming you suck

1017288795.png

BattChiefJoe241 #267 Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:14 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10070 battles
  • [MCFD]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 29 November 2017 - 07:38 PM, said:

I’d walk away and never come back if I got multiple games like that.  

It’s bad enough that half of Tier X can’t pen the other half without perfect RNG or an idiot for a target.  But the sheer number of TDs in these games is getting stupid.  You’re guaranteed at least 3 with over the top guns and probably obscene armor.  

When was the last time you saw more than 1 of any tank besides the IS-7, Maus or E100 on a team?  But I’ll bet you see multiple big TDs all the time.  Soon the only tanks you’ll ever see will be the Axis of Evil, maybe a few BatChats and some Russian Mediums.  All else will be TDs!  twitch-quiver-drool. And they called me mad!  The fools.  I’ll show them!

But it would be nice to see some variety guaranteed instead of just prayed for.

you sir are correct

1017288795.png

Strigonx #268 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:15 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4508 battles
  • [_STR8]

View PostBattChiefJoe241, on 01 December 2017 - 12:13 AM, said:

This game fn sucks every battle I'm on a crap team, my shots do not penn at all even HE says bounced off. I haven't had a good match in a long time. My WR dropped 10%. I'm done wargamming you suck

Maybe you're just bad and need to git gud?

https://www.blitzsta...er/com/Strigonx

"In this game you’re either a predator or you’re prey.

Prey doesn’t win at the same ratio as the predators because prey doesn’t have the same attitude. Unfortunately their are are not enough predators to keep the prey in check and  the prey is running rampant. Prey doesn’t care about WR, either directly or indirectly. Thats why they do what they want, that’s why the game has been dumbed down and  that’s why MH was brought about. Without a check it will continuously get worse until the predators are extinct" 4sfield

BattChiefJoe241 #269 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10070 battles
  • [MCFD]

View PostStrigonx, on 01 December 2017 - 01:15 AM, said:

Maybe you're just bad and need to git gud?

I love morons like you that always say that, you know nothing about me so keep your stupid responses to yourself

1017288795.png

___ez_e___ #270 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 62876 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostBattChiefJoe241, on 01 December 2017 - 01:59 AM, said:

I love morons like you that always say that, you know nothing about me so keep your stupid responses to yourself

What you are not getting is that most unicums and super unicums had wr just like you when they started, but worked on their game and improved. 

Based on your stats, you still have a lot to learn in how to play this game.    You’ve played way too many tanks at too many tiers with too few battles.   You will not find a tank that magically makes you good.  You have to learn the tank.  

My wr was just like yours, but then I started learning the game and after 5 k battles I passed 50 wr.   Then I went in to rehab all my tanks.   

Edited by ___ez_e___, 01 December 2017 - 02:52 PM.

iMerciless #271 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Private

• Players
  • 27378 battles
  • [GLXY]
We should implement the PC matchmaking system so that way there isn't battles where there's 1 bottom teir tank and 6 Top teir tanks. It will also give the bottom teir tanks and top teir tanks more effect in battles and make things more interesting.

SanguinaryDan #272 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:38 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 17105 battles
  • [III-P]

It never ends.

I just finished a tier V-VI game with 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 TD (my Hellcat) & 4 lights versus 3 heavies, 1 medium & 3 TDs. We were wiped out 7-0.  That’s a joke.  There is no halfway decent excuse for that sort of match making.  The difference in health pools alone is ridiculous.

C’mon WG!  Get your heads together and find a decent way to prevent this sort of garbage.  What ever algorithms you are currently using are not working as intended.  Not when crap like this happens on daily basis.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

BAR_001 #273 Posted 02 December 2017 - 05:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 26934 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 02 December 2017 - 03:38 AM, said:

It never ends.

I just finished a tier V-VI game with 1 heavy, 1 medium, 1 TD (my Hellcat) & 4 lights versus 3 heavies, 1 medium & 3 TDs. We were wiped out 7-0.  That’s a joke.  There is no halfway decent excuse for that sort of match making.  The difference in health pools alone is ridiculous.

C’mon WG!  Get your heads together and find a decent way to prevent this sort of garbage.  What ever algorithms you are currently using are not working as intended.  Not when crap like this happens on daily basis.

Trying to do a couple missions and get a 11-0 loosing streak. WR took a beating this morning. Yolo suicides, scattered clueless team sweeps, heavies hiding in bushes. When are these people going to learn to play ffs?  I think WG should limit the access to upper tiers according to WR. This is just stupid.

alex1956 #274 Posted 02 December 2017 - 07:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 25906 battles
  • [MOM5]
Yes,MM IS OUT OF WACK! When get two heavies on your side, the rest mediums and the other side get 3 heavies a Tier higher, three at guns and the rest fast lights, there no chance. Happens way too many times anymore and the nôôbs in higher Tier games is ridicules! No excuse for that type of MM and something has to be done with "it's just a game" players that just don't care about team play or trying to win!

Everyone has something that they can contribute, even some idiots.

It is hard to have the strength of character to do the right thing in all situations. 

Defending the weak even if you risk getting hurt is about the most noble thing one can do.

It is rare to find people today that live by those three thoughts!

Christopher_klann44 #275 Posted 02 December 2017 - 08:46 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17691 battles
  • [SMILE]

View PostBAR_001, on 02 December 2017 - 05:27 PM, said:

Trying to do a couple missions and get a 11-0 loosing streak. WR took a beating this morning. Yolo suicides, scattered clueless team sweeps, heavies hiding in bushes. When are these people going to learn to play ffs?  I think WG should limit the access to upper tiers according to WR. This is just stupid.

I feel you. So far, just from the xp and mission reset (which happened an hour and 45 minutes ago) to now, I lost 16 matches, and won 5. There needs to be some major changes to MM

TheFluffiestSeal #276 Posted 02 December 2017 - 11:53 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 14889 battles
  • [-RGN-]

New meme format potential?

I lost __ (double-digit number)amount of battles this ______ (time of day) while only winning _____ (significantly lower number than originally mentioned) battles! MM is (broken, needs to be fixed, etc)! You don't understand me ____________(derogatory noun), so you're _________ (derogatory adjective)!

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Christopher_klann44 #277 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17691 battles
  • [SMILE]

View Post__Seal__, on 02 December 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

I lost __ (double-digit number)amount of battles this ______ (time of day) while only winning _____ (significantly lower number than originally mentioned) battles! MM is (broken, needs to be fixed, etc)! You don't understand me ____________(derogatory noun), so you're _________ (derogatory adjective)!

Well excuse me, apparently we all can't be as lucky as you are, to be able to escape having so many horrible games or having so many horrible teammates.

Randa_7_ #278 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:19 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8718 battles
  • [GRIM]
I sincerely doubt Wargaming will ever do anything to improve their matchmaking. The formation of rating battles didn’t improve anything as typically a good player (4500+ rating) ends up with 2-3 players with 2500 or lower rating.... granted so does the other team but then it’s still a 1 v 7 every time. Regular mm regardless of “diverse gameplay” is ridiculous many times with teams of 5-6 heavies and tds vs a team of meds and paper tds or similar unbalanced games. It doesn’t matter how effective of a player you are if you’re playing in a med that won’t bounce heavies and you’re team is the typical blitz cancer that won’t accomplish anything leaving you to carry against twice your teams hitpoints and armor. 
Go Tigers! 

Randa_7_ #279 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:23 AM

Private

• Players
  • 8718 battles
  • [GRIM]

View Post__Seal__, on 02 December 2017 - 11:53 PM, said:

I agree when people say stuff like that it irks me. 90% of the time it’s due to the person complaining just flat out being a poor player there’s always something a player can do differently to win regardless of how useless a team is. I have never had more than 1-2 games with a seriously potato team doing 1/4 of the damage. The other games are typically easy enough to win should the player do what they need to
Go Tigers! 

TheFluffiestSeal #280 Posted 03 December 2017 - 12:33 AM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 14889 battles
  • [-RGN-]

View PostChristopher_klann44, on 03 December 2017 - 12:19 AM, said:

Well excuse me, apparently we all can't be as lucky as you are, to be able to escape having so many horrible games or having so many horrible teammates.

What?? 

• I have horrible games
  • I have horrible teammates

75% of players are terribad. So on average, I have 4.5 bad teammates, and the enemy team has 5.25. Assuming that you're the top 25%, those are your numbers. Not luck, just math.

The reason I'm not super unicum is consistency. On a good streak, I can maintain a 3k+ avg damage for 10+ games. On a bad streak, I get maybe 1-2k and die.

I don't care about losing, as long as I did 300 per tier. I'd prefer to win, but I really don't care that much if I lose and did good. The wins will come.

Maybe its because you're one of the bad players? In that case, your team has on average 5.5 bad players. 

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users