Jump to content


Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
760 replies to this topic

__B0NES__ #621 Posted 10 May 2018 - 08:43 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 2744 battles
  • 30
  • [_HP_]
  • Member since:
    03-23-2018

Can this x5 event get any worse? JFC

Only get good teams if it's labeled as x5

 


Edited by __B0NES__, 10 May 2018 - 08:43 PM.


LOL_GET_REKT123 #622 Posted 10 May 2018 - 09:33 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3198 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    01-24-2016

View PostDmopans, on 10 May 2018 - 02:31 PM, said:

Anyone up for rigging matches?

 

It’s called clan countdowns :trollface:

Slowly...denoobing...

44% 45% 46% 47% 48% 49% Next up: 50%

k9PtnKz.gif

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? -Charles de Gaulle

If at first it doesn't succeed, try again. If it still doesn't work, stop trying. It's stupid. -LOL_GET_REKT123


LOL_GET_REKT123 #623 Posted 10 May 2018 - 10:15 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3198 battles
  • 172
  • Member since:
    01-24-2016

I really do have a long way to go. All of my stats are slowly going up. However, the idiots that this event is bringing out aren’t helping. Just had a 2500 dmg 3 kill game in a Bromwell where the next highest damage was 500. We lost that one, obviously. I could obviously have carried harder, yet that doesn’t really work when your teammates are doing their level best to drag you down, does it? If you’re consistently doing top damage on the team in EVERY SINGLE GAME, and you still lose, there’s probably something wrong. 

 

Honestly, it seems that games are now decided by the total amount of brain cells you have minus the stupidity of your team...


Slowly...denoobing...

44% 45% 46% 47% 48% 49% Next up: 50%

k9PtnKz.gif

How can you govern a country which has 246 varieties of cheese? -Charles de Gaulle

If at first it doesn't succeed, try again. If it still doesn't work, stop trying. It's stupid. -LOL_GET_REKT123


trogvision #624 Posted 14 May 2018 - 05:59 AM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13425 battles
  • 657
  • [ATO]
  • Member since:
    05-24-2013
I just wish mm would match up players on the same skill level. These tomatoes are too heavy to carry.
Nobody likes AFK'ers.

Zzy2ax #625 Posted 17 May 2018 - 11:31 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 6229 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    04-15-2016

Would like to be able to set up historical matches with historical maps (that might be asking for too much).  For example historically accurate tanks and mods for lets say Kursk (Germans vs Russians), Libya, Operation Godwood, Invasion of France, Stalingrad, Seelow Heights, etc.

 



Sturmgeschutz1 #626 Posted 23 May 2018 - 11:16 PM

    Jagd mich nicht!!

  • Players
  • 48399 battles
  • 223
  • [D_1]
  • Member since:
    12-11-2015
  WOTB won’t fix the matching. Carrying teams and asking for help is getting old. The new WOTB standards are let anyone irregardless of skill level buy and use a vehicle that they’re nowhere ready for a tier that they shouldn’t even be in. 1k per tier plain and simple end of argument. Earn a tier not buy it.
    Constant strings of losses because of uneven teams inexperienced combined with shady mechanics in game ( game ping is 60 or less and fps is set to where it’s supposed to be for device used), and extremely low record players buying their way in.  
    See the repeat circle? Yep.
     WOTB since 3.8 IS NOT the same and the game even feels different. 19 months ago players would attack an objective, lift and shift effective fire, create team efforts to the last except for the afk that would show up, teams coherently functioned and demonstrated a willingness to really win. Now over 1/2 these players are sitting, unsure where to go, unsure of map spots that are stronghold areas or choke points for enemy advances, danger crossings and avoidance areas where guaranteed exposure is sure termination..etc.
    It’s gotten soooo baddd, that I’ve started seeing long term veteran players like myself no longer doubting what a Vehicles limits are but what are the teams limits is the question. Will you have support in a TD or a heavy, is it worth going in to attack or take that stronghold?, will team mates respond to help calls ( seldom), will anyone on the team aside from another vet player be able to step up and produce?
    These questions should NEVER be an issue. Gave up ranked battles because of wallet warrior buy ins showing up there too ( 20 rated battles or not.)
    If WOTB is honestly serious.... about getting players back in the game these changes need to be strongly considered. Another factor is the looonnnggggg wait on parts instillation. 24 hours one part tier X and work backwards. This is one of the biggest factors that drove out a player base aside from all of the other issues about 3.8
    That’s where the game began to smolder and 3.9 set in ablaze. Insult to injury. A lot of people quit and more with this current stream of cancer is soon to follow. Saw a player with 65k record last night down to 44% he was a 59% ... Like wise my WR was at 55%+ now I’m struggling to hold 50. On game but reflect 48-49 on assistant. When damages are going up and wr is plummeting like that... there are serious issues. There is no carry harder excuses, there is no help develop players that won’t listen or can’t speak English, or just straight up DO NOT CARE.!
    It isn’t going to change and the game isn’t getting better with these Non- Teams. Point blank WOTB sold out the rest of the player base that remained after the wreckdates that started this landslide by continuing to permit this to happen and not developing safeties to prevent it. Saw the entire team get smashed the other day before I could even get my TD into a position 150 meters out from spawn. Last one standing did 1200 (3 shots), Stug III. Never stood a chance. No tiers are working anymore. Doing platoons creates long long que holds, this is also another reason why I quit rated battles as well. Regular mode the other night it took my platoon mate and I an 8 minute 45 second wait to get in. Ridiculous. This is peak time and it showed only between 54-69 players active. Numbers are wayyy down.
   Not willing to fix it, well get resumes ready, put furniture up for auction, invest in chains and close it up with a “ For Lease” or “ For Sale” sign on every office door. Several of us will not and are not going to continue to deal with this. Read app reviews. Words out. WOTB is ranking 97 this week. Just barely hanging in the top 100. Let another game like WOTB come online and it’s over WOTB. Better think about it.

__Crusader6__ #627 Posted 25 May 2018 - 03:01 PM

    BANNED

  • Players
  • 54453 battles
  • 9,945
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

So we now know vehicles are definitely weighted differently in MM, based on the changes that WG introduced in 4.10.  

 

 

Would be curious to know the weighting methodology there.   

 


Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

 


ilfarmboy #628 Posted 26 May 2018 - 06:32 PM

    Private

  • Players
  • 6588 battles
  • 2
  • Member since:
    07-09-2011
Match making really is a PIECE OF [edited]programmers need to FIX THIS NOW TOP  PRIORITY DON'T WORK ON ANYTHING ELSE TIL THIS IS FIXED OTHERWISE GO GET ANOTHER JOB YOU [edited]LOSERS.

SanguinaryDan #629 Posted 28 May 2018 - 12:48 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 15107 battles
  • 1,226
  • [2PINT]
  • Member since:
    07-06-2014

Perhaps this was covered in the previous 32 pages, but I don’t remember.

 

Does the MM weigh tanks based on Equipment levels?  I seem to end up bottom tiered in my tanks that are equipped to the third row a lot more often than in first row only vehicles. 

 

This might just be observational bias, so I figure here is the place to ask. 


The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Fu_Manchu_ #630 Posted 28 May 2018 - 05:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10542 battles
  • 2,351
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 28 May 2018 - 05:48 AM, said:

Perhaps this was covered in the previous 32 pages, but I don’t remember.

 

Does the MM weigh tanks based on Equipment levels?  I seem to end up bottom tiered in my tanks that are equipped to the third row a lot more often than in first row only vehicles. 

 

This might just be observational bias, so I figure here is the place to ask. 

 

I have never heard anything about that being factored in and have not noticed it either. I'll keep my eye out and see if I can add any anecdotal evidence.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

 

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

 

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222


__Crusader6__ #631 Posted 29 May 2018 - 03:09 PM

    BANNED

  • Players
  • 54453 battles
  • 9,945
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 28 May 2018 - 07:48 AM, said:

Perhaps this was covered in the previous 32 pages, but I don’t remember.

 

Does the MM weigh tanks based on Equipment levels?  I seem to end up bottom tiered in my tanks that are equipped to the third row a lot more often than in first row only vehicles. 

 

This might just be observational bias, so I figure here is the place to ask. 

 

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 28 May 2018 - 12:40 PM, said:

 

I have never heard anything about that being factored in and have not noticed it either. I'll keep my eye out and see if I can add any anecdotal evidence.

WG says it doesn’t. 

  They seem to be fairly transparent about what isn’t factored.  What is they are rather less forthcoming. 

 

We know from ‘Honeymoon’ periods that MM does weight tanks different and it is not a straight draw of available players.  

  We also know from 4.10 announcements that they changed the weighting or at least scale of ‘equality’ to reduce queue times for rare tanks.  From that it’s clear tanks inside the tiers are weighed differently. 

 

What we have been told isn’t considered is WR, Tank Type (other than limits of each type - which doesn’t seem to work) modules and equipment.  

   Ignored are questions if recent win trends are factored, and vehicle weighting methods. 

 

 


Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

 


specialist5 #632 Posted 30 May 2018 - 11:55 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4108 battles
  • 106
  • [GOD77]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2016
I still don't understand how we can play 21 games and loose 12 and our winrate drops from 55.50 to 55.37. Games are almost even but lost 13 points. Just don't get it. Someone please explain. Thanks

Fu_Manchu_ #633 Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:25 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10542 battles
  • 2,351
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View Postspecialist5, on 30 May 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I still don't understand how we can play 21 games and loose 12 and our winrate drops from 55.50 to 55.37. Games are almost even but lost 13 points. Just don't get it. Someone please explain. Thanks

 

 

Um....are you serious? This is a very simple math problem and has nothing at all to do with matchmaking, but I will answer anyway.

 

According to blitzstars, you're currently at 3302 battles with a 55.39% win rate, which means 1829 wins. Obviously you have played one game after making this post, so we'll start with 1828 wins in 3301 battles for a 55.37% win rate.

 

Subtract 9 wins and 21 games and you get 1819 wins in 3280 battles for a 55.46 win rate. The numbers don't quite match what you posted but its close enough to clearly demonstrate how your win rate changes by roughly the amount you included in your post. This is pretty simple grade school math.


CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

 

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

 

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222


anonym_VEIjQQSdxvEw #634 Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:34 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    08-08-2018

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 31 May 2018 - 02:25 PM, said:

 

 

Um....are you serious? This is a very simple math problem and has nothing at all to do with matchmaking, but I will answer anyway.

 

According to blitzstars, you're currently at 3302 battles with a 55.39% win rate, which means 1829 wins. Obviously you have played one game after making this post, so we'll start with 1828 wins in 3301 battles for a 55.37% win rate.

 

Subtract 9 wins and 21 games and you get 1819 wins in 3280 battles for a 55.46 win rate. The numbers don't quite match what you posted but its close enough to clearly demonstrate how your win rate changes by roughly the amount you included in your post. This is pretty simple grade school math.

 

Thanks Fu I think. Didn't know where else to put this. I know matchmaking will never be fixed. Will never go by players stats.  

specialist5 #635 Posted 31 May 2018 - 02:40 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 4108 battles
  • 106
  • [GOD77]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2016

View PostKirk1941, on 31 May 2018 - 02:34 PM, said:

 

Thanks Fu I think. Didn't know where else to put this. I know matchmaking will never be fixed. Will never go by players stats.  

 

My answer also.  lol

__Crusader6__ #636 Posted 07 June 2018 - 09:04 PM

    BANNED

  • Players
  • 54453 battles
  • 9,945
  • [III]
  • Member since:
    12-08-2014

View PostKirk1941, on 31 May 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

Thanks Fu I think. Didn't know where else to put this. I know matchmaking will never be fixed. Will never go by players stats.  

 

MM does a very good job actually.

   Looking at data from several of us who collect stuff like this -- the green/red WR's are usually only tilted one way or another by the player themselves.

 

If MM was a simple ABAB or ABBA method by WR it would cause massive issues.

  1) All similar WR players are not equal 

  2) Eventually you would bring most down around 50% - and cause sorting issues that would still imbalance.

 

If you are not using WR, what do you use?  WG does not use WN8 internally, which is also skewed by tier - many players can pad WN8 by playing below tier 9-10.

 

Right now MM does a pretty good (and I have my MM rages too) job at finding you games.

  Better players win more, but they still lose a lot too.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


Tank Hoarder: 344 tanks in Garage:  347/347 aced (AMX 30B, Mk1 and T49A repo)wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

TRIARII PLATINUM CARD WALLET WARRIORS - Funding your Blitz experience since 2014

 


anonym_VEIjQQSdxvEw #637 Posted 15 June 2018 - 03:06 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    08-08-2018
I know _Crusader6_   and I know I am a noob but it is hard to play 10 games and loose 8 like this morning. I played my KV1 every game except 1 played the tiger p. Lost that one fast. I played well top 4 in all but the tiger p. Real fast game. I admit its me but not all me. We always like to blame someone else. When I see really good players leaving the game I wonder if I can stay above 50%. I do have to go back sometimes to the DW2 to build back up but that doesn't always work either. Others have the same Idea. lol  Anyway thanks for your help and the information. Good tanking to you. 

anonym_VEIjQQSdxvEw #638 Posted 15 June 2018 - 04:05 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 0 battles
  • 27
  • Member since:
    08-08-2018

View PostKirk1941, on 15 June 2018 - 03:06 PM, said:

I know _Crusader6_   and I know I am a noob but it is hard to play 10 games and loose 8 like this morning. I played my KV1 every game except 1 played the tiger p. Lost that one fast. I played well top 4 in all but the tiger p. Real fast game. I admit its me but not all me. We always like to blame someone else. When I see really good players leaving the game I wonder if I can stay above 50%. I do have to go back sometimes to the DW2 to build back up but that doesn't always work either. Others have the same Idea. lol  Anyway thanks for your help and the information. Good tanking to you. 

 

OK Went back played 10 games our teams won them all. SOOOOOOOOOO you never know. I did change to T150. Guess I was in wrong tier earlier.. lol 

Spekulatius #639 Posted 17 June 2018 - 01:08 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 29633 battles
  • 1,672
  • [III-S]
  • Member since:
    06-29-2014

Has anyone collected stats on high Tier vs low Tier? I thought that weeping angle had something, but finding it eludes me. It seems to me that Tier 9 gets the shaft and you are put into low Tier a lot (playing against predominantly Tier 10 tanks ) when driving a Tier 9 tanks. I am guessing that most people rather drive a Tier 10 tank , because it guarantees being top Tier.

 

If anyone knows of any stats regarding Tiers, please post.


Community pledge signer


QMETAL #640 Posted 19 June 2018 - 10:19 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68082 battles
  • 125
  • [-M--]
  • Member since:
    07-05-2014

View PostSturmgeschutz1, on 23 May 2018 - 11:16 PM, said:

WOTB won’t fix the matching. Carrying teams and asking for help is getting old. The new WOTB standards are let anyone irregardless of skill level buy and use a vehicle that they’re nowhere ready for a tier that they shouldn’t even be in. 1k per tier plain and simple end of argument. Earn a tier not buy it.
Constant strings of losses because of uneven teams inexperienced combined with shady mechanics in game ( game ping is 60 or less and fps is set to where it’s supposed to be for device used), and extremely low record players buying their way in.
See the repeat circle? Yep.
WOTB since 3.8 IS NOT the same and the game even feels different. 19 months ago players would attack an objective, lift and shift effective fire, create team efforts to the last except for the afk that would show up, teams coherently functioned and demonstrated a willingness to really win. Now over 1/2 these players are sitting, unsure where to go, unsure of map spots that are stronghold areas or choke points for enemy advances, danger crossings and avoidance areas where guaranteed exposure is sure termination..etc.
It’s gotten soooo baddd, that I’ve started seeing long term veteran players like myself no longer doubting what a Vehicles limits are but what are the teams limits is the question. Will you have support in a TD or a heavy, is it worth going in to attack or take that stronghold?, will team mates respond to help calls ( seldom), will anyone on the team aside from another vet player be able to step up and produce?
These questions should NEVER be an issue. Gave up ranked battles because of wallet warrior buy ins showing up there too ( 20 rated battles or not.)
If WOTB is honestly serious.... about getting players back in the game these changes need to be strongly considered. Another factor is the looonnnggggg wait on parts instillation. 24 hours one part tier X and work backwards. This is one of the biggest factors that drove out a player base aside from all of the other issues about 3.8
That’s where the game began to smolder and 3.9 set in ablaze. Insult to injury. A lot of people quit and more with this current stream of cancer is soon to follow. Saw a player with 65k record last night down to 44% he was a 59% ... Like wise my WR was at 55%+ now I’m struggling to hold 50. On game but reflect 48-49 on assistant. When damages are going up and wr is plummeting like that... there are serious issues. There is no carry harder excuses, there is no help develop players that won’t listen or can’t speak English, or just straight up DO NOT CARE.!
It isn’t going to change and the game isn’t getting better with these Non- Teams. Point blank WOTB sold out the rest of the player base that remained after the wreckdates that started this landslide by continuing to permit this to happen and not developing safeties to prevent it. Saw the entire team get smashed the other day before I could even get my TD into a position 150 meters out from spawn. Last one standing did 1200 (3 shots), Stug III. Never stood a chance. No tiers are working anymore. Doing platoons creates long long que holds, this is also another reason why I quit rated battles as well. Regular mode the other night it took my platoon mate and I an 8 minute 45 second wait to get in. Ridiculous. This is peak time and it showed only between 54-69 players active. Numbers are wayyy down.
Not willing to fix it, well get resumes ready, put furniture up for auction, invest in chains and close it up with a “ For Lease” or “ For Sale” sign on every office door. Several of us will not and are not going to continue to deal with this. Read app reviews. Words out. WOTB is ranking 97 this week. Just barely hanging in the top 100. Let another game like WOTB come online and it’s over WOTB. Better think about it.

 

 

 Nailed it

And that is why i will yolo in battle with a bad team, be afk or just drown. Cant take the stupid players anymore. Dont care about my stats anymore. WG will never fix MM, they make to much money with the noobs currently.






1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users