Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
1124 replies to this topic

___ez_e___ #681 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63131 battles
  • [GORT]

I’m beginning to wonder if the mm gives you preferential match making on the first 1-5 battles in a day per tier.  .  

I noticed that when I viewed the historical play of T110E5 tier X for one battle in a day, my stats were most likely very good to super unicum.  I found that very interesting and it seemed fairly consistent.   

This is makes me think that there is potential a preferred match making with the idea that winning early will encourage more play and buying.  Also it could be reset based on tier.    So if it’s your first tier 6 battle, it will have preferred mm.  

Go check any day where you may have played one battle in a tank.   I noticed it the most when I’ve only played one battle and my stats look amazing to me.   

__Crusader6__ #682 Posted 16 August 2018 - 06:30 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60113 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post___ez_e___, on 16 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

I’m beginning to wonder if the mm gives you preferential match making on the first 1-5 battles in a day per tier.  .  

I noticed that when I viewed the historical play of T110E5 tier X for one battle in a day, my stats were most likely very good to super unicum.  I found that very interesting and it seemed fairly consistent.   

This is makes me think that there is potential a preferred match making with the idea that winning early will encourage more play and buying.  Also it could be reset based on tier.    So if it’s your first tier 6 battle, it will have preferred mm.  

Go check any day where you may have played one battle in a tank.   I noticed it the most when I’ve only played one battle and my stats look amazing to me.   

Your body and mind are alert.

I notice in longer sessions I get complacent or cocky.

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  377/387 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Fu_Manchu_ #683 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:03 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11504 battles
  • [CLEAR]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 16 August 2018 - 11:30 AM, said:

Your body and mind are alert.

I notice in longer sessions I get complacent or cocky.

Agreed. I generally have my best battles in the morning before I go to work. I don't believe it's because of MM. It's because I play better after a good night's rest.

AKA HanYolo_.

SpartacusDiablo #684 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:07 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View Post___ez_e___, on 16 August 2018 - 06:43 AM, said:

I don't see it.  I've had matches first thing that I play well but the team is all stinkers.  There was definitely nothing preferential about them.  

In my opinion my bucket theory is still the best explanation.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

___ez_e___ #685 Posted 16 August 2018 - 09:41 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63131 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 16 August 2018 - 04:07 PM, said:

I don't see it.  I've had matches first thing that I play well but the team is all stinkers.  There was definitely nothing preferential about them.  

In my opinion my bucket theory is still the best explanation.

I guess I should just play a small set of battles for best results.  I was hoping that maybe it was happening.   There’s such a huge delta between my first 1-10 battles compared to the 20 plus battle.  

Bellatormonk #686 Posted 16 August 2018 - 11:58 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29122 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Post___ez_e___, on 16 August 2018 - 11:43 AM, said:

-Yep, already posted my belief in that.  I can get nearly a 70% WR on running 10-15 dailies/tanks from T5-9. 

-Here MM decides to flat out give me a 50% WR for two pages of battles tonight.  Effectively decreasing my overall WR by .05 for the day.  I mean MM paired me with just the absolute dregs on the losses and good people on the wins.  Each win/loss was a slaughter either way.

https://imgur.com/a/QUhd0F8

-MM just handed me another 5 losses in a row.  Each one was a slaughter.  My team was dead before I could even fire enough times to kill my own target(s).  Last match all 10 shots missed or vanished as the enemy rolled around securing 100% hits, pens and crits.  Each of the 5 matches lasted less than 1:30.  I swear it really feels so rigged at times, you actually just want to uninstall and come back in 6 months.

-Tonight is 1 win 5 losses, 4 cycles of this.  Each match from T7-10 had a least 1 PRAMO or PNCR player/platoon on Red for the losses.  I forget what is enjoyable about the game tonight.

-So I am seeing the correlation between massive losses in streaks now with the amount of money I actually spend. For the last 45 days I have maintained Premium.  In those first 30 days I increased my WR by a pretty massive margin.  In the last 15 days I broke down and bought several tanks and am now having a massive decrease in wins.  Not from the tanks, just overall battles.  I mean these battles are so one sided I might as well be AFK.  In that light I am now done spending any further money on the game until my WR increases back to where it was.  /golfclap for WG and the obviously rigged MM.

Edited by Bellatormonk, 22 August 2018 - 03:36 PM.

Sniper_Hanz #687 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6775 battles
  • [RT166]

Can't understand why there are people who swear that MM is random without any proof. It would require WOT to reveal programming, which will never happen.

I know MM its not, and it should be obvious by the fact that just as WOT uses algorithms to favor players in first 10 matches of new tanks, it can do the same for other reasons that will translate into players spending more, Its their business and they can do whatever they want.

I will believe the opposite only when WOT makes a sworn statement that  MM is completely random, Just ask yourself, why do the keep silence about this after all the discussions that take place in this forum. The answer is obvious: MM is not 100% random.

SpartacusDiablo #688 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:34 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostSniper_Hanz, on 24 August 2018 - 02:33 PM, said:

Can't understand why there are people who swear that MM is random without any proof. It would require WOT to reveal programming, which will never happen.

I know MM its not, and it should be obvious by the fact that just as WOT uses algorithms to favor players in first 10 matches of new tanks, it can do the same for other reasons that will translate into players spending more, Its their business and they can do whatever they want.

I will believe the opposite only when WOT makes a sworn statement that  MM is completely random, Just ask yourself, why do the keep silence about this after all the discussions that take place in this forum. The answer is obvious: MM is not 100% random.

it's crazy that people would say that matchmaking isn't random without any proof... 

SullBhit #689 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:42 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30317 battles
  • [CLEAR]
Matchmaking isn’t random.  WG clearly states a player gets preferred MM for a period of 5-10 games when a new tech tree tank is used.  That means the new tank user AND everyone in the game with the new tank user gets impacted by a non-random MM.

Additionally, I have a sixth sense that tingles when I play.  That tells me MM is not random whether there is or isn’t a stock tank in the game.

Good news though!  Even though MM is not random, I am 100% sure it’s the same for everyone.  My assurance is the only proof I need because trust is the foundation of any solid relationship.

SpartacusDiablo #690 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:50 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]
Let me clarify. By random I mean that it is applied equally to everybody. We all have the same crappy teammates and the same crappy RNG. What you do when given crappy teammates and crappy RNG is what sets a good player apart from a bad player.

Using matchmaking or RNG or crappy teammates as a way to excuse your in-game inadequacies is a lazy cop out.

Ultimately you decide your fate. Own your performance and try to improve upon it.

Edited by SpartacusDiablo, 24 August 2018 - 08:21 PM.

Bachus131 #691 Posted 24 August 2018 - 07:56 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24684 battles
  • [JAWZ]

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 18 October 2017 - 07:16 AM, said:

I agree. I'm tired of seeing one team with 4 lights and the other with 4 heavies.  That gets old quick.

I have even seen  tier ten matches with 5 TD's on one side and 5 heavies on the other after the so called match maker fix was implemented. 
'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

Sumarian #692 Posted 24 August 2018 - 10:43 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 58885 battles

This update is the worst yet!!! I have been disconnected several times from the server. I shoot and kill tanks and I don't get the credit. I average 2 moron team mates that do nothing. i get 1 team mate every 5 battles that tries to get me killed. My win rate is about 30% with this crap update. The mismatching has gotten worse and worse.

Only the big money tanks are winners anymore...thanks WOT.

Update...I just lost 10 of 13..this game is out of hand with cheats and greed.

Edited by VegasRaiders, 25 August 2018 - 02:11 AM.

Sumarian #693 Posted 25 August 2018 - 03:35 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 58885 battles

I have lost 25 of the last 30 battles..unfair...WOT is screwing Me and many others like me. I am getting the most worthless team mates you could ever find.

The match making is favoring all the big money tanks....I am furious that this game has turned to crap. It used to be fun.

SpartacusDiablo #694 Posted 25 August 2018 - 12:24 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 25941 battles
  • [III-R]

View PostVegasRaiders, on 24 August 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

I have lost 25 of the last 30 battles..unfair...WOT is screwing Me and many others like me. I am getting the most worthless team mates you could ever find.

The match making is favoring all the big money tanks....I am furious that this game has turned to crap. It used to be fun.

You've cracked the code!  Wargaming has set the matchmaking against you.  Your performance has nothing to do with you being a mediocre player.

Herbie_N124 #695 Posted 26 August 2018 - 04:53 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12999 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostVegasRaiders, on 25 August 2018 - 03:35 AM, said:

during a recent update you gave WG permission to view your device's activity & history.   The are now doing god's work and punishing you for touching yourself.   I know because my WR has dropped 10% since a misspelled search landed me at this x hamster place.  If you've lost 25 of the past 30 matches, your screen is likely glazed over with too much Lubriderm to be responsive to touch.  

...just kidding.     There is no god.  

Edited by Herbie_N124, 26 August 2018 - 04:55 PM.

It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

Make_U_C_Red #696 Posted 28 August 2018 - 01:24 AM

Private

• Players
  • 23803 battles
  • [SHDWE]
So, this is only sort of MMing. I don't mean this to be taken the wrong way, but what's with the languages being used??  I get matched to teams from Latin America, and can't understand any of the comms and they can't understand me.  Nobody knows what the call is because of the language barrier.  It seems that the later in the day it gets, the worse it is.  Maybe something to do with time zones???  I don't know but it's REALLY frustrating.

Bellatormonk #697 Posted 28 August 2018 - 02:02 AM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29122 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Postjacuff1969, on 28 August 2018 - 01:24 AM, said:

So, this is only sort of MMing. I don't mean this to be taken the wrong way, but what's with the languages being used?? I get matched to teams from Latin America, and can't understand any of the comms and they can't understand me. Nobody knows what the call is because of the language barrier. It seems that the later in the day it gets, the worse it is. Maybe something to do with time zones??? I don't know but it's REALLY frustrating.

Well the NA server services SA as well.  After about 1am CST I see lots of SA players on.  Why that is, I have no idea as their time zones are within a couple hours of CST/EST NA.  I guess they just choose to game at later hours.

Gojira5475 #698 Posted 28 August 2018 - 10:13 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 40694 battles

One thing I've noticed: When you get the mission that requires either a first class badge or ace tanker? Yea kiss your teams good bye and say hello to the most stupidest and challenged people on God's green earth.

I have some left over gold from buying the IS-6 back,I'm about *this* close to using the gold to make it go away :sceptic:

dayton07277 #699 Posted 29 August 2018 - 01:15 AM

(SMH)

• Players
  • 26730 battles
  • [CROWN]

The playerbase is absolutely atrocious.

split teams, no map or tank meta, out of these gene pool rejects.

If they would just use cover and go high ground. the playerbase would be so much better

Edited by dayton07277, 29 August 2018 - 01:16 AM.

___ez_e___ #700 Posted 07 September 2018 - 04:57 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63131 battles
  • [GORT]

Meh.  

Thats how my day is doing.  Not playing bad, but not playing great plus rng and good teams gives crap dmg.  

Oh well.  

Not my day.  Got one shot ammo racked by a BC 25!!!   Really?!?!?!

Hey at least the enemy and I had a nice laugh in chat afterwards.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 08 September 2018 - 10:48 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users