• Please log in to reply
1131 replies to this topic

__Crusader6__ #741 Posted 14 September 2018 - 07:27 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60172 battles
  • [-C6-]

View PostBellatormonk, on 14 September 2018 - 01:35 PM, said:

5 losses in a row.  1/3 of team (usually all the 40%er heavies) go straight to town and that's game.  It's unplayable at this hour...

The other team has a higher chance to get more 40%'ers -- since you only have 6 vacancy's - they have 7...

But generally in my tracking data the garbage seems to jump on at around 3pm Eastern  weekdays - and it is a cesspool for a few hours -- same happens from 1000am Friday to around 0530 Monday...

In 9-10 avg dmg and WR both fall for teams during those periods / and events, and most days ending in Y ;)

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  380/389 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

CA_vampire #742 Posted 16 September 2018 - 09:16 PM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 27062 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 13 September 2018 - 09:52 AM, said:

You haven't proved anything. I'm not gonna go read the news cause it's very biased and selective

Read the book "House of Trump, House of Putin: The Untold Story of Donald Trump and the Russian Mafia".

It contains evidence from public sources, you can go and verify each and every source yourself. Many sources are court proceedings vs convicted Russians, available to public. 

https://www.amazon.c...n/dp/152474350X

jlhtampa #743 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:06 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 41386 battles
Has anyone else noticed this lately.  Prior to the 5.3 update I kept track of the number of times I was matched against higher tiers.  Over 1,000 battles I was matched against higher tiers 85% of the time.  I did not count the battles where I used a tier 10 tank.  It did not matter what tank or what tier I used.  In 60% of those battles, the lower tiers were outnumbered by the higher tiers.  It seems to have gotten worse since the 5.3 update.  When you factor in that the average player anymore seems to have no battlefield awareness or any sense of tactics it sure starts to get old.  The game is beginning to be no fun to play.  I seem to be getting an unfair number of 30% & 40% WR players on my teams compared to the team that we are playing.  They need to do something to change the matchmaker.  I think that the 50% and above WR players should play each other and the lower WR players cannot play at that level until they reach an overall 50% WR.   

Bellatormonk #744 Posted 20 September 2018 - 05:18 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Postjlhtampa, on 20 September 2018 - 05:06 PM, said:

Has anyone else noticed this lately.  Prior to the 5.3 update I kept track of the number of times I was matched against higher tiers.  Over 1,000 battles I was matched against higher tiers 85% of the time.  I did not count the battles where I used a tier 10 tank.  It did not matter what tank or what tier I used.  In 60% of those battles, the lower tiers were outnumbered by the higher tiers.  It seems to have gotten worse since the 5.3 update.  When you factor in that the average player anymore seems to have no battlefield awareness or any sense of tactics it sure starts to get old.  The game is beginning to be no fun to play.  I seem to be getting an unfair number of 30% & 40% WR players on my teams compared to the team that we are playing.  They need to do something to change the matchmaker.  I think that the 50% and above WR players should play each other and the lower WR players cannot play at that level until they reach an overall 50% WR.   

That has been been debated many times by our MBA Math gurus here.  I will let them explain again why restricting WR vs WR makes no sense.  What would make sense is making sure the distribution of WR players is somewhat equal.  I agree it certainly feels like a lot of days I am uptiered more often than not as well.  It's a feeling though as I have not actually recorded such results.

vicnchan #745 Posted 23 September 2018 - 03:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53323 battles
  • [DETH]
I liked it better and had a more even distribution of wins to losses before they messed with it. However, I am one of the ones who actually liked +2-2 so I am sure I am a minority.

Now, it seems like my entire team is low 40% or sub 40% and it takes 2 minutes to get in a game that lasts 2 minutes......

___ez_e___ #746 Posted 24 September 2018 - 05:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

You know what....I feel good.  Been playing pretty well and it doesn't feel like a fluke.

For me it's coming down to figuring out the appropriate amount of aggression at the beginning of battles and ensuring my tank is available to contribute to the battle.   I still have to fight the desire to be too aggressive.

vicnchan #747 Posted 25 September 2018 - 08:19 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 53323 battles
  • [DETH]

I have had it with low WR teams I am being stuck with. 3 30% players on my team while reds have 3 mid 50%, a 60% and the rest low 40%??? And this is the norm... Not the exception! 

Base it off of just the tank type distribution and make it a requirement to complete new training before tiering up. TEACH SKILLS instead of loading teams for failure!!! How many teams do you need to see where 3 and 4 have 0 damage and 1 or 2 more got 1 shot off before you see THERE IS A PROBLEM!!!!!

Edited by vicnchan, 26 September 2018 - 09:08 PM.

CA_vampire #748 Posted 03 October 2018 - 09:33 AM

__Banned__

• Players
  • 27062 battles
  • [MOMB]
They definitely change MM quite often, trying various strategies. That's the only thing I am certain about. In the past few days, late at night, it takes two minutes to enter a battle in tier 6. Without platoon. That's quite unusual, especially since the server population is normal. 

Edited by CA_vampire, 07 October 2018 - 03:22 PM.

___ez_e___ #749 Posted 03 October 2018 - 03:54 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

Darn rng and gun handling.  How is it that I bounce 2 shots to the side of an obj 140 from my IS7.  

Bellatormonk #750 Posted 03 October 2018 - 04:00 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Post___ez_e___, on 03 October 2018 - 03:54 PM, said:

Darn rng and gun handling.  How is it that I bounce 2 shots to the side of an obj 140 from my IS7.  

That actually made laugh out loud for real.  Cmon man..it's the Russian Bias Paradox or the Immovable Object (pun or no pun intended?) meets the Irresistible Force.  Throw in a dash of broken RNG and what do you get?  Clown car tank game for the masses.  Huzzahhhh

erovi #751 Posted 03 October 2018 - 05:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 32372 battles
  • [RT166]
Lately, I'm getting an unusual number of games in low tier. Haven't figured out the exact ratio, but its something between 60-70% of the time. Aside from this, I can predict 90%+ of games if my team will win or lose just by looking at composition at start. Now that is not something random. WOT please fix the dam game.

oldman1500 #752 Posted 03 October 2018 - 10:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7632 battles
  • [WAR_G]

I am asking for some help.  Just about every battle I have played lately is very skewed towards the red team.  Examples: Tier 5 and up matches.

Game A Blue average battles/team 15819, Ave WR 49.20% Red team Ave battles 23398 Ave WR 51.76.

Game B blue Ave battles 13772 Ave WR 48.48  Red team Ave battles 22817 Ave WR 53.32

Lower tiers not much better.  A lot of seal clubbing in the lower tiers.

My first shot at any enemy is a phantom shot.  No damage.  Second shot will do damage.

1 out of every 3 kills doesn’t register as my kill.

Completed  the mission Where I had to get two wins in a row with a Japanese tank.  The first two times I completed the mission it did not give me credit for completing the mission.  The third time finally gave me credit for completing the mission.  I took pictures of the problem and can send them if needed.

Game freezes up on me in the middle of a battle constantly.  Ping will go from 25 to 400, 900 for a few minutes then will drop back to normal 25-30.  Will do this several times during a match.  When I check my speed and ping rate it shows over 20 MB and a ping of 1 or 2.

My stats have been dropping like a rock. Career WR is 52.27, last 90 days 53.12, last 60 days 50.32. last 30 days 43.85.  I am usually killed towards end of game if I am killed.  Usually 1-3 kills.  Lately if I manage to make it until the end of game I am lucky to have any kills or I have a couple but am the only one left with 2-4 enemies left.

I have worked with Microsoft support and they have assured me the lag problem and freezing up are not on my end.  They have checked my computer out very closely.

There have always been phantom shots and missed kills ever since I started with this game but, not like this.  The problems have increased dramatically since the last update.  I am not saying the update is the problem but something has definitely changed.

In my opinion Match maker is broken to have so many lopsided battles.

Since I have started showing the numbers in my clan chats many of my clan members are seeing the same things although not as severe.

Don’t know what support can do about these problems but, I am going to quit playing for awhile to see if things change.   I am spending good hard cash to play this game and I am not going to keep buying premium time or all the other little things that I use in the game for what I see to be one problem after another.

I like this game a lot and I try not to complain but, I am at the end of my patience.

Thanks for the opportunity to voice my concerns.

Oldman1500

Bellatormonk #753 Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:53 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]

^^^

You sound like you have serious internet connection issues in addition to the usual MM problems we all experience.  I am 4 for 15 today, have a perfect connection and no PC problems.  MM simply placed me as low tier in each battle and my green teams were chock full of 40% trash players who simply sucked.  I could have simply been AFK instead of placing in the top 3 for damage every match and the results would have been the same.  The battles would have just ended maybe 30 seconds sooner.

The MM is a broken pile of trash and the player base is trash for the most part. I got so fed up I went to Regular WoT today and am at 10/10...go figure.

Edited by Bellatormonk, 04 October 2018 - 07:10 PM.

___ez_e___ #754 Posted 04 October 2018 - 08:07 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63152 battles
  • [GORT]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 14 September 2018 - 02:27 PM, said:

But generally in my tracking data the garbage seems to jump on at around 3pm Eastern  weekdays - and it is a cesspool for a few hours -- same happens from 1000am Friday to around 0530 Monday...

In 9-10 avg dmg and WR both fall for teams during those periods / and events, and most days ending in Y ;)

So do you not play during those times for real?

I probably play half to most of my games during the times you say are bad.  

Do you think it really has that big an impact? (I mean idk)

__Crusader6__ #755 Posted 05 October 2018 - 10:35 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 60172 battles
  • [-C6-]

View Post___ez_e___, on 04 October 2018 - 03:07 PM, said:

So do you not play during those times for real?

I probably play half to most of my games during the times you say are bad.  

Do you think it really has that big an impact? (I mean idk)

Oh I still play -- I just accept that games will have a larger amount of 7-0 or 0-7's than normal periods.

Great time for aces ;)

Admittedly the last two weeks has seen a massive deterioration in players in 9-10, specifically on my team, my team averages are 3.2% off norm.

As a 61% player, I theoretically should be having better WR averages for green team -- I'm not of late...

Tank Hoarder: 385 tanks in Garage:  380/389 aced,    wallet warrior.  Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Bellatormonk #756 Posted 06 October 2018 - 07:34 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29220 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 05 October 2018 - 10:35 PM, said:

As a 61% player, I theoretically should be having better WR averages for green team -- I'm not of late...

Again something that makes me laugh for real and out loud.  "Theoretically" ?  So...theoretically people with high WR should be having more wins because...what?  MM and RNG is sh!tting on them instead?  The player base continues to devolve in to absolute sh!t?   Or these high WR people are just beginning to suck since they are the common denominator and cannot carry 6 sub-50% WR rocks?

BattChiefJoe241 #757 Posted 06 October 2018 - 10:23 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10095 battles
  • [MCFD]

View Postjlhtampa, on 20 September 2018 - 12:06 PM, said:

This sounds like my life in Blitz, then people tell you to get better

1017288795.png

oldman1500 #758 Posted 08 October 2018 - 08:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 7632 battles
  • [WAR_G]

View Postoldman1500, on 03 October 2018 - 10:28 PM, said:

I am asking for some help.  Just about every battle I have played lately is very skewed towards the red team.  Examples: Tier 5 and up matches.

Game A Blue average battles/team 15819, Ave WR 49.20% Red team Ave battles 23398 Ave WR 51.76.

Game B blue Ave battles 13772 Ave WR 48.48  Red team Ave battles 22817 Ave WR 53.32

Lower tiers not much better.  A lot of seal clubbing in the lower tiers.

My first shot at any enemy is a phantom shot.  No damage.  Second shot will do damage.

1 out of every 3 kills doesn’t register as my kill.

Completed  the mission Where I had to get two wins in a row with a Japanese tank.  The first two times I completed the mission it did not give me credit for completing the mission.  The third time finally gave me credit for completing the mission.  I took pictures of the problem and can send them if needed.

Game freezes up on me in the middle of a battle constantly.  Ping will go from 25 to 400, 900 for a few minutes then will drop back to normal 25-30.  Will do this several times during a match.  When I check my speed and ping rate it shows over 20 MB and a ping of 1 or 2.

My stats have been dropping like a rock. Career WR is 52.27, last 90 days 53.12, last 60 days 50.32. last 30 days 43.85.  I am usually killed towards end of game if I am killed.  Usually 1-3 kills.  Lately if I manage to make it until the end of game I am lucky to have any kills or I have a couple but am the only one left with 2-4 enemies left.

I have worked with Microsoft support and they have assured me the lag problem and freezing up are not on my end.  They have checked my computer out very closely.

There have always been phantom shots and missed kills ever since I started with this game but, not like this.  The problems have increased dramatically since the last update.  I am not saying the update is the problem but something has definitely changed.

In my opinion Match maker is broken to have so many lopsided battles.

Since I have started showing the numbers in my clan chats many of my clan members are seeing the same things although not as severe.

Don’t know what support can do about these problems but, I am going to quit playing for awhile to see if things change.   I am spending good hard cash to play this game and I am not going to keep buying premium time or all the other little things that I use in the game for what I see to be one problem after another.

I like this game a lot and I try not to complain but, I am at the end of my patience.

Thanks for the opportunity to voice my concerns.

Oldman1500

Answer from support:  ) R) R) Regard) Regarding your issues with the matchmaker you should remember that it's not like perfectly 50/50% statistical chance, the teams are formed with the vehicles in the queue. Such an experienced player as you

) Regarding your issues with the matchmaker you should remember that it's not like perfectly 50/50% statistical chance, the teams are formed with the vehicles in the queue. Such an experienced player as you are should understand that the vehicles are picked according to their tier and type and players' stats (WR, average damage, and etc.) aren't considered. Amongst them may be both skilled and less-skilled players.

I would like to tell you that teams are formed of vehicles in the general queue, not of players. It is true that players' skills differ, sometimes significantly, since our projects have both experienced players and inexperienced ones. There is no mechanism that would differentiate players by their skills or experience. And that is why your team might have any number of both experienced players or inexperienced ones.

Adding to the matchmaker criteria that would evaluate players by their skill levels is not in our plans since it goes against the concept of random battles. Project administration doesn't differentiate the gaming community based on the skill level of players or their experience. All players fight battles on the same terms as others with no exceptions. Forming teams without taking into consideration skill level and experience let less experienced players see the actions of more experienced players and learn by them, regardless of what team has more experienced players.

The St. Deviation has no power in our game, only game mechanics and the matchmaker are worshiped :) In other words, we create the same conditions for all players. Another thing is that each player uses them in their own way, according to their skills and abilities - and I'm not talking about you, it's just that one team plays more effectively than the other. The length of a winning (or losing) streak is determined by the player and his teammates.

are should understand that the vehicles are picked according to their tier and type and players' stats (WR, average damage, and etc.) aren't considered. Amongst them may be both skilled and less-skilled players.
3) Please, note that, according to the terms of the mission, two wins must be got in a row.
4) The St. Deviation has no power in our game, only game mechanics and the matchmaker are worshiped :) In other words, we create the same conditions for all players. Another thing is that each player uses them in their own way, according to their skills and abilities - and I'm not talking about you, it's just that one team plays more effectively than the other. The length of a winning (or losing) streak is determined by the player and his teammates.
ing your issues with the matchmaker you should remember that it's not like perfectly 50/50% statistical chance, the teams are formed with the vehicles in the queue. Such an experienced player as you are should understand that the vehicles are picked according to their tier and type and players' stats (WR, average damage, and etc.) aren't considered. Amongst them may be both skilled and less-skilled players.
3) Please, note that, according to the terms of the mission, two wins must be got in a row.
4) The St. Deviation has no power in our game, only game mechanics and the matchmaker are worshiped :) In other words, we create the same conditions for all players. Another thing is that each player uses them in their own way, according to their skills and abilities - and I'm not talking about you, it's just that one team plays more effectively than the other. The length of a winning (or losing) streak is determined by the player and his teammates.
egarding your issues with the matchmaker you should remember that it's not like perfectly 50/50% statistical chance, the teams are formed with the vehicles in the queue. Such an experienced player as you are should understand that the vehicles are picked according to their tier and type and players' stats (WR, average damage, and etc.) aren't considered. Amongst them may be both skilled and less-skilled players.
egarding your issues with the matchmaker you should remember that it's not like perfectly 50/50% statistical chance, the teams are formed with the vehicles in the queue. Such an experienced player as you are should understand that the vehicles are picked according to their tier and type and players' stats (WR, average damage, and etc.) aren't considered. Amongst them may be both skilled and less-skilled players.

Ammorakker #759 Posted 09 October 2018 - 02:44 PM

Private

• Players
  • 6336 battles
  • [AGONY]

So if mm doesn't take into account the previous battle how come everytime I lose a battle and do well, in the top three... The next battle I'm bottom tier. Do well and lose and you get screwed. Guaranteed double loser. Not to mention shells disappearing or flying crazily off in the wrong direction for years now. Fix the game already you bunch of scrubs!

Ramit5000 #760 Posted 09 October 2018 - 10:08 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 24743 battles
  • [4GIVN]
MM is just another fixture in the frustration that has turned our Blitz community into a toxic gathering place, where insults, bitterness and hatred flows freely! My expectations in battle are high, both for myself and my teammates, but more often than not, the bar set is never reached. Team spirit is so bad nowadays, that some players are insulting their team during the spawn countdown. Smh...i understand the huge frustration that comes from losing 8+ battles in a row. Always finishing in the top 2 or 3 on a team while the other 4 were totally useless, with battle results to prove it! There are still some great, kind and friendly tankers in Blitz...but even then, it depends mostly on what kind of a day they are having in battle, when I meet them.   :hiding:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Rat1245201