Jump to content


Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread


  • Please log in to reply
786 replies to this topic

TO_Dominator #761 Posted 10 October 2018 - 03:44 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6354 battles
  • 2,094
  • [FYRE]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017
I had a beautiful 5k game. It was a loss. 
Seal clubbers won't understand my WR curve.

Silverhawktm #762 Posted 21 October 2018 - 01:36 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 2446 battles
  • 3
  • [SAFB]
  • Member since:
    09-29-2014
Is there a certain time frame when intelligent players play in North America? It's bad enough that teams are often mismatched, and I often seem to be on the "shorthanded" team, but when not, I seem to be placed with players who have no concept of how to play the game and run off in all directions like chickens with no head. That was 17 straight losses. That's ridiculous!

MarBearCat #763 Posted 21 October 2018 - 09:34 AM

    Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

  • Players
  • 21995 battles
  • 10,716
  • [SDWA]
  • Member since:
    11-13-2015

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 October 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

IS-5 is a tier 8 IS-8 

   Play it’s strengths, not its weaknesses.  

 

What "strengths"? The friggin IS-3 is better, so is the Defender still.

TO_Dominator #764 Posted 21 October 2018 - 11:51 AM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6354 battles
  • 2,094
  • [FYRE]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017

View PostMarBearCat, on 21 October 2018 - 09:34 AM, said:

 

What "strengths"? The friggin IS-3 is better, so is the Defender still.

 

Better frontal hull armor, but cover the LFP. 
Seal clubbers won't understand my WR curve.

wolfpack1941 #765 Posted 22 October 2018 - 12:08 AM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13246 battles
  • 108
  • Member since:
    12-20-2015
Well I know I am not the best. I am retired and like this game but before Mad games I was having a loosing streak like 10 loses to 3 wins. When Mad games started things were better at first. Got the scavenger and am working on the gravedigger almost there. Then today played 25 games our teams won 8. No matter where I went we were slammed. Same old thing tanks and clans one sided always to the red teams. I know it doesn't count against my W R but that doesn't help when most people like to WIN. I know it will be said it is me and some of it is but not all. In regular games it was going the same way my win rate went from 50.25 to 50.06 in 3 days. Has been bad sense 5.4. Took me a long time to get past 50% and I am trying not to go back. It would be nice to have winning streaks again and I will keep trying. W G sent out survey's all the time but they don't listen or they haven't sense the last one 2 weeks ago. I know there is bad teams but that many everyday. I hear it a lot from the good players in our clan and on here also about the bad teams. I hope W G will do something about it. This game is a lot of fun for me but as I said before it's not so much when you loose more than you win and your W R that you worked so hard to get just keeps falling. Thanks for listening.

ultivi #766 Posted 23 October 2018 - 02:14 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 189 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    09-25-2018
Is the Match Making wiki page up-to-date?  https://wiki.wargami...tchmaker_(Blitz)

Edited by ultivi, 23 October 2018 - 02:15 AM.

Discord --Twitter -- Youtube -- Reddit -- Blitzstars -- WotInspectorReplays -- Asia ign: lotharn


ultivi #767 Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 189 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    09-25-2018

My 2 cents about this topic. (Will someone from WG actually get to see this?)

 

It would remove a lot of suspicion, distrust and frustration out of the game if WG would just let users control match making themselves by providing a way to select what teams and games they join based on a player skill rating.  Being a team sport the outcome of any game is more related to the combination of skill of the teams than any one individual, so any win or loss is more a reflection of the team make-up and ability to work together on the day than any one individual's skill.  Because the system is set up to throw totally random individuals together in matches with absolutely no control over the process there is no way an individual can control for these factors.  The only time this happens in real life sports is social games where the outcome doesn't matter(and does not count towards statistics) and the game is for fun. Unfortunately many players take this game a lot more seriously than that and need a better system for measuring their egos.  One way of doing this would be for the system to facilitate(with player input) matching players of similar skill level into set teams that are part of regular ongoing playoff series like normal weekend team sports. This way individuals can learn to play properly in a team setting using discord and get better quality of games.  And like in real life you could have different style of teams and leagues, i.e. social league, B league, A league, regional/national leagues. Then you could keep your social/fun game stats separate from your actual serious competition stats. I know we already have a clan/tournament system, however many players (at least on Asia server) don't really get involved as there isn't a really good pathway for introducing players and clans into the system. Probably most clans don't even bother with tournaments as its too much of a hassle to organize. I am sure if WG put some more effort in to renovating this system we could get higher participation rates and it could become like a regular weekend team sport activity, with live spectating and commentating of the games in app (and esports gambling?). The key is funneling those who want to play serious competitive games into good, well matched stable teams that play regularly and keep those who want to have fun in a beginners/social league.  And if server numbers are low, use a handicap system (such as in golf) to allow low skilled players to have a friendly game with high skilled players without being annihilated in the first 30s.  A handicap system itself could become a measure of status over time just as it is golf. And if a higher skilled player logs on to a server and there are not enough other players of similar skill level for a game, give him that information so that he can make an informed choice as to whether to play a handicapped game or log back in later.


Discord --Twitter -- Youtube -- Reddit -- Blitzstars -- WotInspectorReplays -- Asia ign: lotharn


ultivi #768 Posted 23 October 2018 - 09:36 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 189 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    09-25-2018
There is a great post on the EU forums by Jylpah on the effects of the changes to MM that is worth a read : http://forum.wotblitz.eu/index.php?/topic/50607-how-did-v53-mm-impact-players-wr/

Discord --Twitter -- Youtube -- Reddit -- Blitzstars -- WotInspectorReplays -- Asia ign: lotharn


Bachus131 #769 Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:07 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16582 battles
  • 160
  • [JAWZ]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View Postreluctanttheist, on 18 October 2017 - 09:19 PM, said:

I think tank type balance is a good point to bring up.  Sometimes you'll start a game and it's all heavies and TDs vs medium and lights on red.  Steamroll win.  Then it's the other way round and it's steamroll loss.  Balancing team and tank composition is important to starting a fair match.  I suppose this is not always easy given the players in the queue, but I would try to balance armor and maneuverability on each team.

 

Yeah I have had battles with 5 TD's on one side and 5 heavies on the other and none in platoons so it would have been easy to switch a couple of them over;  it does not appear they are trying to balance it very hard. 
'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

Bachus131 #770 Posted 23 October 2018 - 03:12 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16582 battles
  • 160
  • [JAWZ]
  • Member since:
    12-28-2017

View PostSilverhawktm, on 20 October 2018 - 07:36 PM, said:

Is there a certain time frame when intelligent players play in North America? It's bad enough that teams are often mismatched, and I often seem to be on the "shorthanded" team, but when not, I seem to be placed with players who have no concept of how to play the game and run off in all directions like chickens with no head. That was 17 straight losses. That's ridiculous!

 

I have my best games after midnight central time = after the kiddies have gone to bed ;)
'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

___ez_e___ #771 Posted 23 October 2018 - 07:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 58485 battles
  • 2,901
  • [FUZY]
  • Member since:
    03-15-2015

View Postwolfpack1941, on 21 October 2018 - 07:08 PM, said:

Well I know I am not the best. I am retired and like this game but before Mad games I was having a loosing streak like 10 loses to 3 wins. When Mad games started things were better at first. Got the scavenger and am working on the gravedigger almost there. Then today played 25 games our teams won 8. No matter where I went we were slammed. Same old thing tanks and clans one sided always to the red teams. I know it doesn't count against my W R but that doesn't help when most people like to WIN. I know it will be said it is me and some of it is but not all. In regular games it was going the same way my win rate went from 50.25 to 50.06 in 3 days. Has been bad sense 5.4. Took me a long time to get past 50% and I am trying not to go back. It would be nice to have winning streaks again and I will keep trying. W G sent out survey's all the time but they don't listen or they haven't sense the last one 2 weeks ago. I know there is bad teams but that many everyday. I hear it a lot from the good players in our clan and on here also about the bad teams. I hope W G will do something about it. This game is a lot of fun for me but as I said before it's not so much when you loose more than you win and your W R that you worked so hard to get just keeps falling. Thanks for listening.

 

What it comes down to is if you figured out the Mad Games meta. 

 

I think wr would be about the same or even better then regular battles.  

 

The key thing again about the meta is understanding your role and especially teamwork .   For example the healer role is to support heavies and heal.  Don’t die for sure and top up all heavies hp.   FYI-I like being healer so much fun.   Also I’ve notice experienced player know how to get the teamwork going.  It nice when that teamwork definitely won the battle.   

 

Use tank in proper role and it’s just like other battles with a slight twist obviously.  

 

Good luck.  

 

That’s a little hint I’ll give you.   


Edited by ___ez_e___, 23 October 2018 - 07:45 PM.


ultivi #772 Posted 25 October 2018 - 12:24 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 189 battles
  • 13
  • Member since:
    09-25-2018

View Post___ez_e___, on 24 October 2018 - 07:40 AM, said:

 

What it comes down to is if you figured out the Mad Games meta. 

 

I think wr would be about the same or even better then regular battles.  

 

The key thing again about the meta is understanding your role and especially teamwork .   For example the healer role is to support heavies and heal.  Don’t die for sure and top up all heavies hp.   FYI-I like being healer so much fun.   Also I’ve notice experienced player know how to get the teamwork going.  It nice when that teamwork definitely won the battle.   

 

Use tank in proper role and it’s just like other battles with a slight twist obviously.  

 

Good luck.  

 

That’s a little hint I’ll give you.   

 

The meta becomes a bit more like in World of Warcraft where you have specialist roles for healing, 'tanking' and DPS. The tank with most armor and HP absorbs the hits. The healers stay at the back out of sight and keep healing the 'tank', DPS just run around causing havoc avoiding getting any focus fire, and hide once they take damage. 

Discord --Twitter -- Youtube -- Reddit -- Blitzstars -- WotInspectorReplays -- Asia ign: lotharn


BattChiefJoe241 #773 Posted 28 October 2018 - 01:37 AM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9469 battles
  • 417
  • [MCFD]
  • Member since:
    12-02-2015
Thank God I thought that I got worse overnight. My damage and XP has dropped by 50% since the last update. I put 6 APCR shots point blank into a Sherman and get zero damage. I played my Churchill III and lost 3/4 of my HP on 3 shots. I hope this gets straightened out. 07 all

1017288795.png

blueblazzzen #774 Posted 29 October 2018 - 03:59 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 14085 battles
  • 201
  • [1LEP]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2015
Mm stacks players! 50-60% with average of 23500 games played, against 30-40% with average of 4300 games played! Which wins?

Bellatormonk #775 Posted 29 October 2018 - 07:45 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 21537 battles
  • 704
  • [MASHU]
  • Member since:
    04-12-2011

View Postblueblazzzen, on 29 October 2018 - 03:59 PM, said:

Mm stacks players! 50-60% with average of 23500 games played, against 30-40% with average of 4300 games played! Which wins?

 

Oddly enough the 40%ers win as well.  RNG favors them in many cases.  I had been in 4 battles last night on Green with at least 2-4 players in the mid 50's and low 60's and we got crushed by teams with nothing but sub 50%ers.  The battle would start off well and then all of sudden Green would start dying off in secs due to ammo racks or sustained fire with no bounces in sight.

Meanwhile the 40%ers would enjoy nothing but critical hits with no dmg or bounces non-stop.  There is absolutely no logical way to explain how broken the game is win or loss.


Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

 

 


daboss59 #776 Posted 05 November 2018 - 02:41 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 18250 battles
  • 2
  • [S-AA]
  • Member since:
    07-08-2014
Just had a battle, checked a teammates stats who did zero damage. Had ZERO stars for military honor, 200 complaints and 3 upvotes. How do players like this continue to play and not get banned?

dangerousdan26 #777 Posted 06 November 2018 - 05:38 AM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 7763 battles
  • 12
  • [ZBLUE]
  • Member since:
    06-14-2018
WOTB MM is pretty lousy and many players think that.  WOTB seems never to answer adequately questions about how MM works.  One thing they do say is that skill level is not considered.  Of course, this makes for some very lopsided battles.  7-0 isn't fun for the losing team and probably isn't even interesting for the winning team.  Players want a balanced battle which, regrettably, occurs rarely in WOTB.  WOTB coulld consider WR (a proxy for skill level) when forming teams but they don't.  This appears to be the main problem with the game.    

TO_Dominator #778 Posted 06 November 2018 - 01:29 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 6354 battles
  • 2,094
  • [FYRE]
  • Member since:
    09-26-2017

View Postdangerousdan26, on 06 November 2018 - 05:38 AM, said:

WOTB MM is pretty lousy and many players think that.  WOTB seems never to answer adequately questions about how MM works.  One thing they do say is that skill level is not considered.  Of course, this makes for some very lopsided battles.  7-0 isn't fun for the losing team and probably isn't even interesting for the winning team.  Players want a balanced battle which, regrettably, occurs rarely in WOTB.  WOTB coulld consider WR (a proxy for skill level) when forming teams but they don't.  This appears to be the main problem with the game.    

 

That is a playerbase problem, not an MM one.
Seal clubbers won't understand my WR curve.

_R_E_R_O_L_L_E_R_ #779 Posted 10 November 2018 - 05:09 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 1177 battles
  • 47
  • [GORT]
  • Member since:
    11-02-2016

I used to believe that I could not always influence the outcome of the battle effectively, but now that I believe I can influence the outcome, I’ve actually played better.   

 

 

 


Edited by _R_E_R_O_L_L_E_R_, 10 November 2018 - 05:13 PM.


Its_Me_Your_New_Dad #780 Posted 01 December 2018 - 07:36 AM

    Private

  • Players
  • 620 battles
  • 9
  • [REVNG]
  • Member since:
    06-16-2017
Did you have any premium tanks that got nerfed? Did you spend any credits or gold on equipment or Camo for tanks that got nerfed. Wargaming has flat out denied to refund numerous people. This has become a class action lawsuit. Please contact Gomez Trial Attorneys at 619-237-3490 or text at 833-829-3064 if you would like money from this lawsuit.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users