Official Matchmaking Discussion Thread

• Please log in to reply
837 replies to this topic

joes1500 #821 Posted 12 February 2019 - 08:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 18985 battles
  • [P-BOD]
I do not think matches are "rigged" but, I do think since the 5.X updates there is a problem.  Too many lopsided battles.  I have been on the winning side and I have been on the losing side in very lopsided battles.  Don't know if it is matchmaking, player skill, or whatever but something is just not right.  If the teams were evenly matched I don't think you would see so many 2/7,1/7. 1/5, etc.  When I first started playing there were more even matches with wins not so lopsided.  I do not have the answer.  Again, I do not think the matches are rigged per se but something "appears" to have changed and I have not heard a good explanation of what it may be yet.

alladinzain #822 Posted 13 February 2019 - 07:10 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 3355 battles
  • [-EVE-]

View Postjoes1500, on 12 February 2019 - 08:33 AM, said:

I do not think matches are "rigged" but, I do think since the 5.X updates there is a problem.  Too many lopsided battles.  I have been on the winning side and I have been on the losing side in very lopsided battles.  Don't know if it is matchmaking, player skill, or whatever but something is just not right.  If the teams were evenly matched I don't think you would see so many 2/7,1/7. 1/5, etc.  When I first started playing there were more even matches with wins not so lopsided.  I do not have the answer.  Again, I do not think the matches are rigged per se but something "appears" to have changed and I have not heard a good explanation of what it may be yet.

True, rigging the games implies there is an incentive to influence the outcome and as much as everyone likes to feel important I dont think the user base are worth "rigging" games against. Just consider how the resources would be required maintaining the in-favour / out-of-favour lists in addition to the actual bias mechanisms.

More likely it is a case of non-optimal MM outcomes. With 5.5 there are bound to have been changes in the queue compositions, perhaps so much that the original MM algorithm is hitting some boundaries.

The recent developer diary youtube clip about pc wot matchmaker indicates MM is an area of active development at wg. Quite possibly wotb is also undergoing MM changes and trials of new models and templates.

Hbreezy #823 Posted 17 February 2019 - 05:49 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 19898 battles
  • [TSLEG]
The mm and rng algo is straight trash and is gonna run off wallet warrior seals like me from the game. Tonight is the last straw that broke  the money camels back for me. Wallet closed.  Looking for a new pastime, blow me wargaming

Bellatormonk #824 Posted 20 February 2019 - 07:35 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23154 battles
  • [MASHU]

View Postjoes1500, on 12 February 2019 - 08:33 PM, said:

"I don't believe it's rigged" yet the "battles are lopsided".  I don't believe the Earth is flat however I have seen people sail off the edge.

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

1. https://imgur.com/a/nPWlNzw  2. imgur.com/a/8JuzgDc

MjrANIMOSITY #825 Posted 22 February 2019 - 01:03 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 12315 battles
  • [NSBA]

Wait im confused? If nothing has changed with MM in the last 2 years than wy are the teams so much more pathetic? Or is it just me ...ha!

gr84rm #826 Posted 23 February 2019 - 04:48 PM

Private

• Players
  • 11209 battles
  • [DYSTY]

Since I upgraded to WoT Blitz 5.8, I cannot battle.  I just sit in queue while screen says it is Match Making...  Waiting for several minutes sometimes and still no game.  Prior to 5.8 I would only wait less than 30 seconds after I clicked battle before I was on the field. I have gotten into battle just once in three days.  Same problem on two different machines.  Also I noticed the queue length has 30-50 players, used to typically see at least 100.  

North American Server

Problem happens with all tanks

Anyone out there with similar issue or know how to fix this problem?

I got it resolved.  It was because the 5.8 update changed the match making setting that restricts matching to players using the same control only.   I am on PC.  So that is only about 20%?  I opened it up to all types of controls and back to normal.  I had looked for that but missed it the first time I looked at settings.  ugh.

Edited by gr84rm, 23 February 2019 - 08:12 PM.

Foxxxhunter #827 Posted 01 March 2019 - 04:01 PM

Private

• Players
  • 10559 battles

Something is definitely wrong with MM, when one day you are on good teams and then the next day the crap hits the fan, total blow outs either way. And maybe that's what avatars are for, when you see the team lists and if you see all avatars (participation ribbons for nubs) on your team, you can tell it's not going to be good. 

MM needs to be changed so it reflects experience in each Tier. It should be that, a certain amount of experience is reached before a player can "Level Up". Basically like the carrot and stick approach, where you can see those shiny new tanks in the next tier, but you have to reach maybe 75% or maybe more. So in this case, you have to "Git Gud" before Levelling Up. If you don't "Git Gud" , you are stuck in the Tier that you are in, until you get better.

Levelling up shouldn't depend on pulling out your credit card, to buy the next big shiny tank. I think there are too many players who are just buying into the next tier, and Wargaming is playing into the problem by letting it happen, so they can fill their pockets before this game tanks, no pun intended. I you hit a level and want to buy a new tank in that level, go for it.

Also there must be enough players, that 40%er teams play against 40%er's, 50% against 50% and so on. Having higher WR players, supposedly teaching low WR players, how to play doesn't work.

Too often, there in a nice big High tier heavy tank, sitting out in the open with no cover, not moving, totally lost, turret spinning in circles and you can tell the player has no clue what he is doing. I'm thinking this is what is causing a lot of toxicity in the game, due to frustration. You work hard to win a battle, get knocked out early and then have a chance to watch a good tank being wasted by a bad player.

Maxrojas762 #828 Posted 02 March 2019 - 04:31 AM

Private

• Players
  • 7538 battles
  • [7BBA]
A mi parecer es pésimo. Sobretodo en niv 7 (tier VII). Normalmente salgo último con más de 10 partidas seguidas. Así nunca podré avanzar en el juego. Lo dejo.

MarBearCat #829 Posted 02 March 2019 - 12:02 PM

Pennsylvania's Favorite Cat!

• Players
  • 22314 battles
  • [SDWA]

View PostMaxrojas762, on 01 March 2019 - 11:31 PM, said:

A mi parecer es pésimo. Sobretodo en niv 7 (tier VII). Normalmente salgo último con más de 10 partidas seguidas. Así nunca podré avanzar en el juego. Lo dejo.

no u

Heavy Is The Cat That's Carried!

Bellatormonk #830 Posted 06 March 2019 - 04:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23154 battles
  • [MASHU]
So a fun experiment today.  I ran 10 matches in T7-8 using Meds/Heavy/TD..about 3 matches each.  Every single match on Green had 5 40%er or less players and 2 55%+ win or loss.  That's some pretty good "random" match making eh?

Want to smile or laugh for the day, maybe even shoot coffee out your nose?  Click it...

TO_Dominator #831 Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:01 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8347 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostBellatormonk, on 06 March 2019 - 11:42 AM, said:

So a fun experiment today.  I ran 10 matches in T7-8 using Meds/Heavy/TD..about 3 matches each.  Every single match on Green had 5 40%er or less players and 2 55%+ win or loss.  That's some pretty good "random" match making eh?

I believe this is most likely a lie you just made for convenience of trying to prove that MM is rigged against you but even if it's true...

10 battles?! :D That's about as selective as it gets.

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

Bellatormonk #832 Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:07 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 23154 battles
  • [MASHU]

View PostTO_Dominator, on 06 March 2019 - 05:01 PM, said:

I believe this is most likely a lie you just made for convenience of trying to prove that MM is rigged against you but even if it's true...

10 battles?! :D That's about as selective as it gets.

How many battles would you run?  You don't find it odd that even 10 consecutive battles had these results?  I don't remember saying the MM was "rigged against me"...you said that.  I said win or loss these were what the results were.  You are like one of those Liberal News stations like CNN that just makes sh!t up despite what was actually said.

TO_Dominator #833 Posted 06 March 2019 - 05:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8347 battles
  • [YODA_]

View PostBellatormonk, on 06 March 2019 - 12:07 PM, said:

How many battles would you run?  You don't find it odd that even 10 consecutive battles had these results?  I don't remember saying the MM was "rigged against me"...you said that.  I said win or loss these were what the results were.  You are like one of those Liberal News stations like CNN that just makes sh!t up despite what was actually said.

You just said it wasn't random. If its not random, then what is it? You have repeatedly said before that MM was rigged. So are you saying it wasn't rigged against you specifically? If that were the case, you wouldn't have used your own battles to try to prove mm was random, would you? 

And I would personally use a minimum of 200 battles to try and prove a point.

jlhtampa #834 Posted 06 March 2019 - 06:22 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34754 battles
I kept track three different times, each time was 1,000 battles using tanks of tier 5 or above.  I did not count the battles where I fought with a tier 10. The first was prior to the 4.6 update and the number of times I had to fight against tiers higher than the tier I was using was around 50% and the times I was fighting against higher tiers at either 5-2 or 6-1 was also around 50%.  I also tracked the WR of the tanks I fought with and those I fought against.  They were about even at around 46%.  The second time was after the 5.3 update and the number of battles I had to fight against higher tiers jumped to 85%.  The times I had to fight 5-2 or 6-1 jumped to about 65%. The average player WR declined to around 40% on my group of tanks and the enemy group WR was around 47%.   The third time was after the 5.6 update and the number of battles I had to fight against higher tiers jumped again to 88.5%.  The times I had to fight 5-2 or 6-1 went up to 72%.  The WR of my group of tanks has stayed at around 40% and the enemy group WR was the same at around 47%.  It sure as hell does not seem fair to me.  Something is going on, but what the hell are you going to do other than stop playing.  WG will not change it, they are too greedy.  You are forced to use more expensive shells than you would other wise.   

TO_Dominator #835 Posted 06 March 2019 - 07:53 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8347 battles
  • [YODA_]

View Postjlhtampa, on 06 March 2019 - 01:22 PM, said:

I kept track three different times, each time was 1,000 battles using tanks of tier 5 or above.  I did not count the battles where I fought with a tier 10. The first was prior to the 4.6 update and the number of times I had to fight against tiers higher than the tier I was using was around 50% and the times I was fighting against higher tiers at either 5-2 or 6-1 was also around 50%.  I also tracked the WR of the tanks I fought with and those I fought against.  They were about even at around 46%.  The second time was after the 5.3 update and the number of battles I had to fight against higher tiers jumped to 85%.  The times I had to fight 5-2 or 6-1 jumped to about 65%. The average player WR declined to around 40% on my group of tanks and the enemy group WR was around 47%.   The third time was after the 5.6 update and the number of battles I had to fight against higher tiers jumped again to 88.5%.  The times I had to fight 5-2 or 6-1 went up to 72%.  The WR of my group of tanks has stayed at around 40% and the enemy group WR was the same at around 47%.  It sure as hell does not seem fair to me.  Something is going on, but what the hell are you going to do other than stop playing.  WG will not change it, they are too greedy.  You are forced to use more expensive shells than you would other wise.   

Now let's see that chart or screenshots of those 3000 battles you supposedly recorded.

jlhtampa #836 Posted 10 March 2019 - 07:13 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34754 battles

View PostTO_Dominator, on 06 March 2019 - 07:53 PM, said:

Now let's see that chart or screenshots of those 3000 battles you supposedly recorded.

KMA

TO_Dominator #837 Posted 11 March 2019 - 12:54 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8347 battles
  • [YODA_]

View Postjlhtampa, on 10 March 2019 - 02:13 PM, said:

KMA

Exactly, you don't have it. Thanks for proving my point. 

NoobieDude #838 Posted 11 March 2019 - 05:43 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3126 battles
  • [CYRUS]
Again....regardless if MM is rigged or not. Its the same for everyone.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users