• Please log in to reply
1174 replies to this topic

TO_Dominator #861 Posted 02 April 2019 - 12:28 PM

Divine Punishment

• Players
  • 11217 battles
  • [SASK2]

View PostGregarioun, on 01 April 2019 - 08:57 PM, said:

Thats why I consistently do the most damage on my team...and am consistently the last survivor in the VK100.01 being surrounded by reds.  It just gets harder to carry noobs at this level.

Could probably do it in a Helsing...

Top damage..

Last survivor...

Stop camping. 

"Blitz" can't exist within a world of TDs.

ShootinSabot #862 Posted 02 April 2019 - 03:05 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21541 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostGregarioun, on 01 April 2019 - 06:57 PM, said:

Thats why I consistently do the most damage on my team...and am consistently the last survivor in the VK100.01 being surrounded by reds.  It just gets harder to carry noobs at this level.

Could probably do it in a Helsing...

View PostTO_Dominator, on 02 April 2019 - 05:28 AM, said:

Top damage..

Last survivor...

Stop camping. 

I am now thinking that Cru's bluntness was not misplaced and this was also my first thought on reading the reply. A VK100.01P should finish every battle with 1 hit point and second or third in damage. It's biggest asset to the team is the hit-point pool and the armour, not the pointy thing coming out of the front of the turret.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

_Cletus #863 Posted 02 April 2019 - 05:00 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26259 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostShootinSabot, on 02 April 2019 - 09:05 AM, said:

I am now thinking that Cru's bluntness was not misplaced and this was also my first thought on reading the reply. A VK100.01P should finish every battle with 1 hit point and second or third in damage. It's biggest asset to the team is the hit-point pool and the armour, not the pointy thing coming out of the front of the turret.

This is generally true of heavies except I prefer damage blocked to damage absorbed, although absorption counts too.   Every bounced shot is equal to wasted DPM for the reds, especially for derp guns.  If it takes 30 secs to reload, a wasted shot is a big deal.  Too many heavy drivers just see damage dealt as the ultimate indicator of their success in battle, but damage blocked is almost as important IMO.  

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/106822-how-i-got-my-name/  - I wrote a Blitz story that got moved to off-topic...grrrrr  Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

ShootinSabot #864 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:18 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21541 battles
  • [SPUD]

View Post_Cletus, on 02 April 2019 - 10:00 AM, said:

This is generally true of heavies except I prefer damage blocked to damage absorbed, although absorption counts too.   Every bounced shot is equal to wasted DPM for the reds, especially for derp guns.  If it takes 30 secs to reload, a wasted shot is a big deal.  Too many heavy drivers just see damage dealt as the ultimate indicator of their success in battle, but damage blocked is almost as important IMO.  

Agree’d but you normally get penned 2x as many times as you bounce even at the perfect angles. It is also tank specific of course but the VK100.01 has to be the tip of the spear. 

_Cletus #865 Posted 02 April 2019 - 07:34 PM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26259 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostShootinSabot, on 02 April 2019 - 01:18 PM, said:

Agree’d but you normally get penned 2x as many times as you bounce even at the perfect angles. It is also tank specific of course but the VK100.01 has to be the tip of the spear. 

I think I can generally generate more bounces than that, but if you bounce every third shot it's still really significant.  You've effectively reduced your opponents DPM by a third. 

Everyone likes to talk about how easy heavies are to play, but I think their skill ceiling is higher than most people give credit for.  You can manipulate your armor through angling to generate bounces, and I don't see many people that know how to do it effectively anymore.  

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/106822-how-i-got-my-name/  - I wrote a Blitz story that got moved to off-topic...grrrrr  Avatar and sig by crpl_hicks

Gregarioun #866 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:19 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 11397 battles
  • [T800]

View PostShootinSabot, on 02 April 2019 - 03:05 PM, said:

Tell that to the noobs in premium tanks who rush out and die in absolutely r3t@rded places while I crawl my way forward...

The choices that usually present themselves: a) go to said r3t@rded places and try to rescue noob(s) in question, only to be wasted with them.

b)try to support them from distance with the ridiculous reload on both the Vk and Is3

c)try to play objectives, end up last survivor having dished decent amount of dmg to salvage something from a game you had no chance of winning in the first place.

Yes, there ARE way too many matches where you do not have the speed or the ROF to win against the insanely stupid team you are placed with.  Anybody who disagrees with this is either a complete idiot or some kind of WOT Blitz savant who eats steel and poops shells.

Wot Blitz is kinda like Heroin...except theres rehab for Heroin.

_Cletus #867 Posted 03 April 2019 - 04:34 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 26259 battles
  • [HAHA]

I disagree and I choose the savant option please.

Sure, some games are unwinnable.  Some are auto wins, you don't even have to do anything.  That's what happens in random match making.  But it's a spectrum.  Some are probable wins that you can screw up, some are probable losses that a skilled or lucky player might end up carrying.

I need to go poop a shell now.  Need to use steel plate for toilet paper.

ShootinSabot #868 Posted 03 April 2019 - 02:57 PM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 21541 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostGregarioun, on 02 April 2019 - 07:19 PM, said:

Tell that to the noobs in premium tanks who rush out and die in absolutely r3t@rded places while I crawl my way forward...

The choices that usually present themselves: a) go to said r3t@rded places and try to rescue noob(s) in question, only to be wasted with them.

b)try to support them from distance with the ridiculous reload on both the Vk and Is3

c)try to play objectives, end up last survivor having dished decent amount of dmg to salvage something from a game you had no chance of winning in the first place.

Yes, there ARE way too many matches where you do not have the speed or the ROF to win against the insanely stupid team you are placed with.  Anybody who disagrees with this is either a complete idiot or some kind of WOT Blitz savant who eats steel and poops shells.

Glad to see you are open to intelligent and nuanced discussion about various topics. It is this kind repartee that makes the forum an excellent place to exchange views and find differing viewpoints that one may have not thought of. Excellent contribution to the thread.

View Postjkluvsds, on 02 April 2019 - 09:46 PM, said:

The whole game is a bucket full of [edited]. Earning credits is pathetic. Every game should be rated period. Tired horrible players ruining teams. Had 6 people on my team with less than 42%. Getting to be all about money for these morons. Seen plenty of games go down the tubes when the developers become greedy for $$$$. 

View Postjkluvsds, on 02 April 2019 - 09:47 PM, said:

The whole game is a bucket full of [edited]. Earning credits is pathetic. Every game should be rated period. Tired horrible players ruining teams. Had 6 people on my team with less than 42%. Getting to be all about money for these morons. Seen plenty of games go down the tubes when the developers become greedy for $$$$. 

Que double take.

Edited by ShootinSabot, 03 April 2019 - 02:57 PM.

Bachus131 #869 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:41 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 26068 battles
  • [JAWZ]

I agree with the OP it's not a matchmaking problem but a player-base problem. You are seeing more 40%ers (and below) because there are more bad players than before who do not care about winning and only want to run around and shoot thier guns who for them winning is just a plus. If they sacrifice all their hit points in a heavy to kill a light they  believe it is a win for them.  If you tell them to use cover they reply 'Don't tell me how to play'.

Selling tanks like the Smasher and events like  Mad Games WG is catering to a bunch of Cartmans ( 12 year olds with Mommy's credit card) who are taking over the game and strategy is a thing of the past. 

Here is the 'average player's' understanding of the game ' a mediums job is to damage the enemy, a light is a small medium, a heavy is a big medium, and a TD is a medium with a big gun'.

Because that is all the information WG gives them.

'Don't follow the lights, they will lead you to your DOOM'  ( Gollum )

Bellatormonk #870 Posted 05 April 2019 - 06:19 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]
Having a very low number of players on the server (NA server has an abysmally low player base), combined with a majority of terrible players makes the MMing very bad.  So it's both a MM issue and a terrible player base/skill issue.  The tired mantra of "carry harder" is just that...a tired mantra.  1/6 of the team should not have to perform 3x+ better than everyone (to include AFKs) else to pull a win or even make the match a non-steamroll event. That's not a "team" based game. 

___ez_e___ #871 Posted 05 April 2019 - 11:14 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63229 battles
  • [GORT]

I’m beginning wonder if this game is very broken.  

Are there new players that’s are becoming super unicums?   

How long is it taking them?    What percentage of super unicums are new players?   

If the game is working right then, it should be producing super unicums that match past history.  

I don’t really see that many new super unicums I don’t recognize.  

I only know of the super unicums veteran players?

So is the current game training player to become super unicums as in the past?   

I’m thinking a definite no and it’s gone the other way.   We have an army of know nothing players, but it’s not their fault.     This will be highly problematic for the survival of the game. 

Edited by ___ez_e___, 05 April 2019 - 11:17 PM.

Bellatormonk #872 Posted 06 April 2019 - 08:12 PM

Tinfoil Knight

• Players
  • 29830 battles
  • [MASHU]

So I have/had been playing on the Russian Server, albeit only up to T6 in very few tanks, and the MM, meta and play style there is so different it's like a breath of fresh air.  You don't feel the same angst when you load up on an NA server match and see some of the same names and clans over and over..every single match and can sense or know from experience if it's going to be a loss or win simply based on those factors.  Secondly I have rarely been placed on teams as low tier compared to how often low tiered on NA.

I can only attribute such things to the massive number of players the MM has to pick from to make a fair match on the Russian vs NA Servers.  Frankly, they should simply roll the NA into another server.  There was an actual petition and invitation from the Devs a while back to see if the NA player base would support a server merge elsewhere.

Problem is we have such a vocal minority on this forum for the NA player base and that fully 60% of the regular forum users support WG and essentially/literally "run" the forum that any discussion of such would be quashed these days. 

___ez_e___ #873 Posted 09 April 2019 - 04:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63229 battles
  • [GORT]

Idk, but it seems that the less aggressive I play the more I win.  Lol.  

Also, I realize contrary to what most players say, I think tier X sucks in terms of game play.  

I think tier 7-8 is the sweet spot for game play.  

Why?

The game play on tier X is too slow and too cerebral and not enough reactionary game play.  It just feels too slow overall and the quality of game play doesn’t match tier 7-8.  There are just more competitive players in these tiers, which adds to the spirit of competition. 

Tier 7-8 is fast paced enough and has good strategies.  It’s the best combo of cerebral and reactionary game play.  I would also argue it has a higher percentage of skilled players making the games more competitive fun.  

So y’all can think tier X is the best because it’s the top tier, but that’s doesn’t mean it has the best level of competition and in terms of game play it’s still not the best.  

Pre 3.hate, I think you could argue tier X was the best tier, but I don’t agree anymore.   

My playing ability has nothing to do with my opinion on the level of competition or quality of game play at each tier.  

Tier X is the tier to validate your skill level for the overall game.  That’s about it, otherwise tier 7-8 is much more engaging competitive fun.  

Edited by ___ez_e___, 12 April 2019 - 02:15 PM.

__Crusader6__ #874 Posted 11 April 2019 - 11:16 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 61444 battles
  • [SURG3]

View PostBellatormonk, on 06 April 2019 - 03:12 PM, said:

So I have/had been playing on the Russian Server, albeit only up to T6 in very few tanks, and the MM, meta and play style there is so different it's like a breath of fresh air.  You don't feel the same angst when you load up on an NA server match and see some of the same names and clans over and over..every single match and can sense or know from experience if it's going to be a loss or win simply based on those factors.  Secondly I have rarely been placed on teams as low tier compared to how often low tiered on NA.

I can only attribute such things to the massive number of players the MM has to pick from to make a fair match on the Russian vs NA Servers.  Frankly, they should simply roll the NA into another server.  There was an actual petition and invitation from the Devs a while back to see if the NA player base would support a server merge elsewhere.

Problem is we have such a vocal minority on this forum for the NA player base and that fully 60% of the regular forum users support WG and essentially/literally "run" the forum that any discussion of such would be quashed these days. 

Honestly you hit the nail on the head in the first part -- we are a very small server and effectively are "inbred"

The problem I see it is, isn't that we need to roll into another server (I've played on RU, and tier X isn't friendly for a NA based ping).

What we need is for WG to pull their head of their A$$ and market the game effectively in NA, additionally a lot of the changes over the past few years have driven experienced players away at the same rate Blitz is gaining new players.

You don't fit a boat by having a pump that keeps the incoming water at the same level as the leak -- you plug the leak and empty the water from the boat.

Tank Hoarder: 387 tanks in Garage:  383/392 aced
    Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Herbie_N124 #875 Posted 12 April 2019 - 06:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13005 battles
  • [HAHA]
Things have been weird lately.   I mean, normal as far as having teammates run out, do stupid things, die fast, then spam rage the rest of the match.   What is different is I'm seeing the bottom of the battle results roster has been populated by the 52% - 60% players so often it really feels like something's up.   If it's not the 60%er dying first with 20 damage and calling me stupid /trash team all match, it's a toon of 34% guys in tier 8 / 9, where I feel like they're really rigging it for red or something.   
It's a game, not a d!ck.   Don't take it so hard.  

oldman15000 #876 Posted 12 April 2019 - 07:59 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2695 battles
I play tier 4 mostly because I am a nube.  My career WR is 55.33.  Since the 5.9 update I have seen my WR drop like a rock.  My 30 day has dropped to 45.65 as of today.  I can't seem to win a battle.  What is kind of weird is, if I play the few tier 5 tanks I have, I do much better. ( I don't think I have mastered the low tiers yet and don't care to move up to tier 5 even though I seem to do better there right now.)  I am still low tier about 75 to 80% of the time but that has not changed from before the update.  I have not lost the use of my fingers or had a lobotomy since the update, so while the problem may be entirely with me, I am not understanding what is going on.  Any thoughts.  

___ez_e___ #877 Posted 12 April 2019 - 08:12 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 63229 battles
  • [GORT]

View Postoldman15000, on 12 April 2019 - 02:59 PM, said:

I play tier 4 mostly because I am a nube.  My career WR is 55.33.  Since the 5.9 update I have seen my WR drop like a rock.  My 30 day has dropped to 45.65 as of today.  I can't seem to win a battle.  What is kind of weird is, if I play the few tier 5 tanks I have, I do much better. ( I don't think I have mastered the low tiers yet and don't care to move up to tier 5 even though I seem to do better there right now.)  I am still low tier about 75 to 80% of the time but that has not changed from before the update.  I have not lost the use of my fingers or had a lobotomy since the update, so while the problem may be entirely with me, I am not understanding what is going on.  Any thoughts.  

Your stats are split in 2.

You are a much better light and medium player (mid 50 wr), while your heavy and td tanks are not measuring up (high 40 wr).     

Perhaps you started playing meds and lights and this has influenced your play style.  

Work on getting the heavy and td skill set on par with your other tanks.  

BAR_001 #878 Posted 14 April 2019 - 12:00 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 28144 battles
  • [HAHA]

I just had 7 out of 8 bottom tier games in an AT-7 with no top equipment and 80% ish crew. Seems pretty normal, right? :facepalm: 

I hate that friggin line.

riceracer #879 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:13 PM

Private

• Players
  • 4598 battles
  • [TCAN]
I too am in need of advice please, first off I know that as far as most of you are concerned I am a noob and frankly I am but that is why I am here asking advice from much better and more senior players. I have done a lot of reading and watched videos on the game play and it seems for some reason the harder I try the more reading I do on strategy, the more videos I watch the worse I do. I don’t know if it has to do with the match making or that I just have crapy luck, as lately I have had losing straks of 10-12 games in a row but never once had a winning streak of more than about 5-6 games. I have watched my win rate plummet to the point the game is getting frustrating which is why even though I’m new compared to most of you I thought I would reach out. To me and maybe I’m wrong but this seems like a bit of a match making issue, but could very well be me.  Any help or criticism is appropriated and thanks in advance.

Si1verBlood #880 Posted 14 April 2019 - 04:45 PM

The Armored Garbage Truck

• Players
  • 15754 battles
  • [SR-71]
You are doing pretty decent for a new player, if you want more tips and uncensored criticism, add me in game and we gonna see what can I do as I have been in your place for 5k battles before gitting gudder

View Postriceracer, on 14 April 2019 - 11:13 AM, said:

I too am in need of advice please, first off I know that as far as most of you are concerned I am a noob and frankly I am but that is why I am here asking advice from much better and more senior players. I have done a lot of reading and watched videos on the game play and it seems for some reason the harder I try the more reading I do on strategy, the more videos I watch the worse I do. I don’t know if it has to do with the match making or that I just have crapy luck, as lately I have had losing straks of 10-12 games in a row but never once had a winning streak of more than about 5-6 games. I have watched my win rate plummet to the point the game is getting frustrating which is why even though I’m new compared to most of you I thought I would reach out. To me and maybe I’m wrong but this seems like a bit of a match making issue, but could very well be me.  Any help or criticism is appropriated and thanks in advance.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users