Another Old Guy Looking for a Clan (and Improvement)

• Please log in to reply
19 replies to this topic

MightyMeaux #1 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:21 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21449 battles

"Long time, first time, etc." - well not quite first time, but I rarely post to the forum . . 

. . Anyways, I recently restarted playing WOTB after a hiatus. Was dropped from my clan for the hiatus - totally fair, obviously - and have been enjoying lone-wolfing thus far, but want to eventually rejoin a clan. Mainly want platoon-mates and, ideally, better players to learn from - after racing through to get to Tier X back in the day, I've gone back and played my way from V back up to learn better skills and improve, with the goal of being less . . . well, crappy . . .when I go back to IX and X games. I would love to do tournaments and the rest, but with my prior clan I was never able to make those things work schedule wise, which they were cool with but always made me feel like I was letting down the side - part of why I'm not just rejoining them. 

So yeah, looking for opportunities to improve by playing with good players, platoon, and maybe eventually get into tourneys and the rest, but work schedules mean that constant availability is not really an option. (And, being 31, I'd rather not be in a group of 12 year olds. . . ) 

Perhaps this is kind of unicorn hunting ( "I'm looking for great players willing to take on a less than great player, but are still totally casual about the game!" ), but I don't know enough about clans and players out there to know if this is realistic or not. 

Or, just feel free to look at my player profile (https://www.blitzsta...com/MightyMeaux) and offer drive-by thoughts on how I suck - these are also appreciated. . . 

Thanks in advance,

M

"War is not a duel between individuals or platforms; it is team-based rock-paper-scissors. And because of that, no matter what over-compensating Nazi fanboys may say on internet forums, the M4 Sherman family was highly effective and eminently practical. It is one of the more perfect weapons ever devised in terms of suitability to its user and to its era - the perfect fit for the US Army of 1942 to learn to successfully wage expeditionary industrial warfare of a scale and complexity never seen before or since. Hey, it's not the tank's fault that it was so damn successful in 1942 that the Army didn't think the 76mm gun would be needed in 1944!"

Current Favorites: AMX M4 45, FCM 50 t, Lowe, M46 Patton, Tiger 1, Caernarvon

___Chimera #2 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 24997 battles
  • [PRAMO]

If you're old, I'd recommend Triarii. Great group of (old) guys. 

Plz don't hurt me triarii guys :hiding:

Mmmm, I like fishyysss...

SAsk8er #3 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:39 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 34150 battles
  • [FOE]
31, I got socks older then that. 
If you aren't reloading, aiming or shooting...you probably need to MOVE!!

Grumpy__Pirate #4 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:40 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35981 battles
  • [MOMB]

View PostDarkest_Flame, on 22 October 2017 - 11:32 AM, said:

If you're old, I'd recommend Triarii. Great group of (old) guys. 

Plz don't hurt me triarii guys :hiding:

As a fellow (very) old dude, I also recommend Triarii. They are a great bunch and well respected. Having said that, I’ve spent a fair amount of time on their discord channel as well as in game over the past few months, it seems nearly impossible to gain acceptance unless you can find a sponsor or some other way in. Good luck to ye in finding a good fit!

MightyMeaux #5 Posted 22 October 2017 - 07:44 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21449 battles

View PostSAsk8er, on 22 October 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

The "old guy" tag came when I finally got on Discord and realized my favorite platoon buddy was like 14. (And if you're reading this - you are a great player and good luck with high school :rolleyes: ;)

Thanks all for that recommendation; I'll try to track one of them down or something, but also welcome any other recommendations. 

Thanks,

M

Edited by MightyMeaux, 22 October 2017 - 07:47 PM.

"War is not a duel between individuals or platforms; it is team-based rock-paper-scissors. And because of that, no matter what over-compensating Nazi fanboys may say on internet forums, the M4 Sherman family was highly effective and eminently practical. It is one of the more perfect weapons ever devised in terms of suitability to its user and to its era - the perfect fit for the US Army of 1942 to learn to successfully wage expeditionary industrial warfare of a scale and complexity never seen before or since. Hey, it's not the tank's fault that it was so damn successful in 1942 that the Army didn't think the 76mm gun would be needed in 1944!"

Current Favorites: AMX M4 45, FCM 50 t, Lowe, M46 Patton, Tiger 1, Caernarvon

Oxbridge #6 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:00 PM

Villain Behind Glasses

• Players
  • 15865 battles
  • [-CFE-]
You would be a welcome addition to the Iron Dragoons! Most of our players are college age and older. Feel free to check us out!
Spoiler

_34 #7 Posted 22 October 2017 - 08:51 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 24680 battles

View PostOxbridge, on 22 October 2017 - 12:00 PM, said:

You would be a welcome addition to the Iron Dragoons! Most of our players are college age and older. Feel free to check us out!

^^

IRD is a good option for you. Others include Triarii, Storm, MOM, and my alma mater the 501st. :)

__Alexwen__ #8 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:42 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12402 battles
  • [USA2]

Triarii

3x3: 21.xx AO5

2x2: 8.xx

OH: 30.xx

4x4: 1:45

Oh nevermind, wrong forum.

SlavianBlood #9 Posted 22 October 2017 - 09:58 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 6506 battles
  • [IRH]

View PostMightyMeaux, on 22 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

"Long time, first time, etc." - well not quite first time, but I rarely post to the forum . . 

. . Anyways, I recently restarted playing WOTB after a hiatus. Was dropped from my clan for the hiatus - totally fair, obviously - and have been enjoying lone-wolfing thus far, but want to eventually rejoin a clan. Mainly want platoon-mates and, ideally, better players to learn from - after racing through to get to Tier X back in the day, I've gone back and played my way from V back up to learn better skills and improve, with the goal of being less . . . well, crappy . . .when I go back to IX and X games. I would love to do tournaments and the rest, but with my prior clan I was never able to make those things work schedule wise, which they were cool with but always made me feel like I was letting down the side - part of why I'm not just rejoining them. 

So yeah, looking for opportunities to improve by playing with good players, platoon, and maybe eventually get into tourneys and the rest, but work schedules mean that constant availability is not really an option. (And, being 31, I'd rather not be in a group of 12 year olds. . . ) 

Perhaps this is kind of unicorn hunting ( "I'm looking for great players willing to take on a less than great player, but are still totally casual about the game!" ), but I don't know enough about clans and players out there to know if this is realistic or not. 

Or, just feel free to look at my player profile (https://www.blitzsta...com/MightyMeaux) and offer drive-by thoughts on how I suck - these are also appreciated. . . 

Thanks in advance,

M

Oi there Mate! nice to meet another fellow tanker in same age :) i wish You best :) im member of IRH and feel really great there, guys are sane and understanding there, so its worth to think about it ;)

TheFluffiestSeal #10 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:22 PM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 14994 battles
  • [R-G]
OLD_G

New to tier X? Here’s the meta, with the all new tier x tier list.

http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/92877-the-ultimate-tier-x-tier-list/

#1 Tiger I Player NA, #4 Global

Seal Clubbing (v.)- The act of playing any strong or overpowered tank at tiers 1-6 for the purpose of dominating newer players.

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

acrisis #11 Posted 22 October 2017 - 10:28 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 20703 battles
  • [III-C]

As a fellow older guy, I may be able to share some insights, give a few pointers and what not :)

Have you downloaded and used “ discord “ yet ?

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

x_SushiBomb_x #12 Posted 23 October 2017 - 02:11 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 30810 battles
Please come visit TLB if u can, we have very friendly old people here :) 

Tiger_2_Ausf_B #13 Posted 23 October 2017 - 06:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 12356 battles
  • [RUSE]

View PostMightyMeaux, on 22 October 2017 - 07:21 PM, said:

Thanks in advance,

M

Join the men at RUSE, all people in there are mature, no 12 year old brats. We do tournaments as well, we have high clan profile with great members both in stats and overall to talk to, we have a discord set up as well. Very active clan, very reliable, send me a message in game please- Tiger don’t trust some people, they might not be the leads of clans, however I am and I can assure you the following I stated up above 

Edited by Tiger_2_Ausf_B, 23 October 2017 - 06:29 PM.

krietenstein34 #14 Posted 23 October 2017 - 07:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31749 battles
  • [HAHA]
If 31 is old, I'm antique..................:girl:
:girl:

Wolfridge #15 Posted 27 October 2017 - 01:16 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31140 battles
  • [GORT]

View PostMightyMeaux, on 22 October 2017 - 02:21 PM, said:

Thanks in advance,

M

Hi M, I saw your stats and I wonder whether you can consider to share your skills with others rather than trying to improve yours. GORT is a new clan made from a bunch of members from another old clan where leadership was gone missing. We are 100% active now, and full with players actively engage in the clan activity. I will consider a deputy seat, if you join us. Please have a look at GORT. Please consider taking a leadership and share your skills. [GORT]

TheReckoning_999 #16 Posted 13 December 2017 - 11:28 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17668 battles
Hay there fellow old guy, come check out my clan [PRSWD], we have young and old players such as myself, we love platooning as well as compete in the odd tournament, but mainly we just like to blow tanks up...Good Times!

itsnotpersonal #17 Posted 16 December 2017 - 10:08 PM

It's just business

• Players
  • 23350 battles
  • [ASYLM]

View PostSAsk8er, on 22 October 2017 - 02:39 PM, said:

Yup..

ASYLUM

Kill_Bill_Mayhem #18 Posted 24 February 2018 - 05:34 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 14978 battles

N-W-O Noob World Organization is actively looking for members for our T5/6 tourney team.  We are a friendly large organized active tournament clan with 2 sister clans who teaches and learns from each other. We are currently looking for people to fill our T5/6 tournament slots.  We have 2 tournament teams T 5/6 and T 7/8 and looking to expand to more teams.  We have an active clan chat, level 10 supply and platoon and work together. We have T 5/6 and T 7/8 tournaments Tue, Thurs, Sat and Sun.  We have Discord voice chat to coordinate battles.  Start at the T5/6 lvl and move to our T7/8 teams.  Apply only if you can commit to playing in tournaments (any or all) to completion of tournament (T 5/6 to start), can use Discord during tournament battles and will be active in clan chat and helping other clan members.  Our Deputy Leads meet weekly in discord and coordinate clan activities and growth.  Looking forward to seeing some new faces that want to play in tournaments.

​Apply to N-W-O (Noob World Organization) Careful there are more than one N-W-O's out there.

XLManicJBlood #19 Posted 24 February 2018 - 11:10 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1814 battles
  • [FL_RE]

View PostMightyMeaux, on 22 October 2017 - 11:21 AM, said:

Thanks in advance,

M

Good Afternoon MightyMeaux,

I would love to have you in my clan. My discord server link is: https://discord.gg/6QN8Sxt. We usually have clan nights where we play other games. We are a new and upcoming clan but I hope you consider us as a candidate for your clan search. We are a low drama clan and as a community we enjoy having fun

o7 & see you on the battlefield,

-SlothGalaxy

Light The Way [FL_RE] Clan Lead

-LightTheWay

Forward_To_Death #20 Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5480 battles
  • [MOM]
OP joined IRD in November...beware the necro-post, recruiters.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users