• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

Befallen2 #21 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:29 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 5889 battles
  • [J2512]

View PostRev_ianc_bell, on 10 November 2017 - 03:54 PM, said:

based on the warhammer event, Tankenstein re-release and now this... Yes that's the new thing.

One thing about the WH event and Tankenstein pricing, is that it keeps the servers from being flooded with those things.  It's kinda cool to see a Rudy or a Fury every now and then, but if you were up against Predators and Vindicators non-stop, it'd get old real fast.  I don't mind the increase since it keeps premium stuff more exclusive and keeps the game focused on the tech tree tanks.

4sfield #22 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

Space Lord

• Players
  • 24714 battles
  • [CRUEL]
  I bought it rev, it’s German. I’m German, I couldn’t resist.

Snowflakes - 1, Good Guys - 0

FREE _stealy!!!

Rev_ianc_bell #23 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:39 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [PRD]

View Post4sfield, on 10 November 2017 - 01:31 PM, said:

I bought it rev, it’s German. I’m German, I couldn’t resist.

Well, I;m not judging people on their purchases, but rather finding WG's value-added bundling/valuation of premiums lately to be... Not good for business?

Of course they see numbers I don't see. What I do know is even if I did have money to throw at WG I would balk at this offer.

Commandant of Predator Corps [PRD] (formerly  [PDR-R])

Check out my youtube channel

My profile at wotbstars, wblitz.net  and blitzstars

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

ahredstealth #24 Posted 10 November 2017 - 06:52 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18320 battles
  • [SPUD]

View PostRev_ianc_bell, on 10 November 2017 - 12:21 PM, said:

I'm seeing a few of them in battle but not lots. May be an O-47 level flop

Hey.  I bought an O-47...  and the super Camo that came with it...  Mainly because it cheezed off Ookla and Blartch.  (Money well spent in my opinion.)

However, it now sits in the back of the garage with the other tanks I don't have equipment for.  So, this new tank will have that going for it.

I think it's kind of ingenious, actually.

Take everyone's equipment away...  listen to b*tching for a few months, and then sell equipment in real world dollars because people still want to play tanks with equipment on it.  And on top of that WG'ing can be all like, "Hey, we listened to the players!  You said there was no reason to buy premiums you can't equip!  Well, we took care of that for you!  PAY ME!"

I mean, it's dirty, underhanded, slimy, and generally what I look to avoid in a company that I do business with, but you can't say they aren't thinking!

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

little_brother_of_war #25 Posted 10 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7758 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostRev_ianc_bell, on 10 November 2017 - 09:43 AM, said:

Even if I could afford it right now I mean... Wow wargaming. No wonder you have a revenue problem from blitz... Even a traditionally high-spender will have trouble accepting the prices you charge for premiums these days.

Yeah, but comparatively, the Tonka Toy LEGO tanks were probably higher if you didn’t do some grinding. And even after that, if you weren’t able to devote enough time towards grinding the event due to everyday work, family, home life stuff, you mostly likely would have had to shell out at l ast 60 to 90 bucks for gold to buy them outright. 

Its probably not the worst bundle we’ve seen price-wise. Just keep in mind...pricing and cost for anything, rarely goes down. As a matter of last years pricings (and the years before) for merchandise in general, are most likely history.

I have a B-Day coming up so I’ll probably treat myself to a few of the newer tanks being released this holiday season. But I’m gonna take the wife to dinner and take her shopping today and this weekend, too...v

^...and yes, I do know which side of the bread is buttered!

Decimator Road

Rev_ianc_bell #26 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [PRD]

View Postlittle_brother_of_war, on 10 November 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

Its probably not the worst bundle we’ve seen price-wise. Just keep in mind...pricing and cost for anything, rarely goes down. As a matter of last years pricings (and the years before) for merchandise in general, are most likely history.

Inflation has been at near-zero levels since 2008. While big corporations are trying to deal with this kind of thing with "shrinkflation", value-added bundles, and all sorts if nasty tricks to increase margins there isn't a direct economic reason to see pixeltank prices basically double over a year or so... This is a pure WG business model  thing.

PRD/PDR-R Website: http://www.predatorswotbclan.org or visit our recruitment thread or our discussion thread RED IN TOOTH AND CLAW 

little_brother_of_war #27 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:32 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7758 battles
  • [FROST]

View PostRev_ianc_bell, on 11 November 2017 - 10:02 AM, said:

Inflation has been at near-zero levels since 2008. While big corporations are trying to deal with this kind of thing with "shrinkflation", value-added bundles, and all sorts if nasty tricks to increase margins there isn't a direct economic reason to see pixeltank prices basically double over a year or so... This is a pure WG business model  thing.

Yes. Good points. If you've ever sat in the same room where a number of individuals have gathered around a conference table for a manager's meeting in a company, the discussion is primarily centered around how best to increase profitability. It's never really about how best to provide some poor joker a break, at the expense of their established business plan. They may drop a few crumbs here there, as tokens of appreciation, but they save all their big brand new shiny premo stuff for the big pay day. 

Decimator Road

__Crusader6__ #28 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM

BANNED

• Players
  • 44001 battles
  • [III]

It’s the first tier 8 Light Premium.  

It was going to be expensive.   

I aced it in 10 games, so I paid $4.40/game.  

Honestly I don’t understand the complaints about the cost.  

Even if I total up the $ I’ve spent in game (and let’s face it, it’s a lot closer to 8k that 7....) 

I’ve played 44k games, about .18 a game I’ve spent. 

Play 100 games in it and it’s .44 a game.  Play 1k games in it and it is .05 (we will round up for that). 

I’ve spent vastly more $ on a single night of partying that I could barely remember than on 4 years of Blitz (when I was in between wives) 

It seems a great trade for me.   

Join the BCC, let's make Blitz great again together https://discord.gg/cdDdKMw

Certified Tank Hoarder: 306 tanks in Garage (52 now equipped thx 3.8), 291/308 aced (Mk1 and T49A repo), and ~wallet warrior

WANTED: SPARE PARTS...

Rev_ianc_bell #29 Posted 11 November 2017 - 07:15 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [PRD]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 11 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

It’s the first tier 8 Light Premium.  

It was going to be expensive.   

I aced it in 10 games, so I paid $4.40/game.  

Honestly I don’t understand the complaints about the cost.  

Even if I total up the $ I’ve spent in game (and let’s face it, it’s a lot closer to 8k that 7....) 

I’ve played 44k games, about .18 a game I’ve spent. 

Play 100 games in it and it’s .44 a game.  Play 1k games in it and it is .05 (we will round up for that). 

I’ve spent vastly more $ on a single night of partying that I could barely remember than on 4 years of Blitz (when I was in between wives) 

Well I respect your opinion on the bundle's valuation... But it's nearly as much as the Type59 was...

And yes... I've spent more on certain nights of partying than probably spent in my entire Blitz career but hey... Those memories will be lost forever: now that's priceless.

Apple_Pen #30 Posted 14 November 2017 - 03:22 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3100 battles
  • [FLEET]

i paid 50 bucks for a freaking panther 8.8... I mean, its a great tank, totally worth it to be honest :D

compared to that, $35 is probably worth it. Considering that it is supposed to be quite fun. and a first decent tier 8 light tank; especially, after 13 90 got nerfed beyond any repair.

Edited by Apple_Pen, 14 November 2017 - 03:29 PM.

I like potatoes. I like them fried in the boiling oil... just LIKE french fries...

Spoiler

cheasesteak #31 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16149 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 11 November 2017 - 04:38 PM, said:

Totally get what you are saying, and don't disagree with your analysis.  I still have a difficult time pulling the trigger on a $40 pixel tank.  $40 bucks is what my gut tells me an entire video game should cost, not one very small part of it. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Rev_ianc_bell #32 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:31 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 25585 battles
  • [PRD]

View Postcheasesteak, on 14 November 2017 - 11:31 AM, said:

Totally get what you are saying, and don't disagree with your analysis.  I still have a difficult time pulling the trigger on a $40 pixel tank.  $40 bucks is what my gut tells me an entire video game should cost, not one very small part of it. 

Same. Though the Type 59 was a fairly easy decision. 

QuiAudetVincit #33 Posted 15 November 2017 - 08:41 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6441 battles
  • [TX4LF]

View Post_UrgleMcPurfle_, on 10 November 2017 - 06:12 PM, said:

What.....how? I just searched it and my poem was the first result. 

Anyhow, if you can't find it, here's the link: http://forum.wotblitz.com/index.php?/topic/72732-my-beautiful-succulent-chins/

Worked for me

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users