military honor bug

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

1991Syclone #1 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:13 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34141 battles
  • [TITAN]

Has anybody else noticed that when you down vote another player for provocative communication, nothing happens?  I'm not talking about WG doing nothing to the player, I mean that the vote never gets counted.  I noticed this yesterday.  I down voted two different players on either my team or the enemy team, and the votes NEVER showed up on their record.

I checked every few hours to see if there was some sort of lag, but the votes were never counted.  I see that positive up votes are counted immediately after receiving them, but the down votes just never appear to happen unless there's some sort of rule that I'm not understanding. 

I have seen players with down votes for inactivity in battle, but nothing for provocative communication.  Probably another bug introduced with the reworking of this useless system.

*EDIT* Actually, no matter what I report on the negative side, it never gets counted.

Edited by 1991Syclone, 11 November 2017 - 02:21 PM.

tankeatingtiger #2 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:21 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7303 battles
  • [XWING]

View Post1991Syclone, on 11 November 2017 - 09:13 AM, said:

...useless system.

Fixed it for ya.

YouTube Channel: 

https://m.youtube.co...yh36wuxFqeEiO3g

There's an old Etruscan saying, "you can lead a horse to water, and you can really freak out your enemies by leaving its severed head in their bed."

-Blartch

Blartch #3 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:28 PM

Causer of Unrest

• Players
  • 44842 battles
  • [SPUD]

1. There's some possibility that the downvotes are now being passed through some sort of moderation step to verify, and may or may not eventually show up.  I notice I haven't gotten a SINGLE negative vote, whereas I'd get them occasionally and semi-randomly previously.

2. The stars may be on a sliding scale?  A few days ago I had 13 upvotes and purple star.  Next day, 15 upvotes and blue star.  Had to amass 21 total upvotes to get back to purple.

3. Basic plebs seem to kind of care.  I've seen green-to-empty stars' direction calls get discounted vs. blue-and-purples a few times now.  Now, how we GET to those colors may be another question.....

1991Syclone #4 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:44 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 34141 battles
  • [TITAN]
Yup.  Not sure if this new method is any improvement over the old one.  Personally, I discount most of the people calling directions in chat.  Like the "purple" star players calling town on middleburg, and then getting slaughtered.  Again, WG trying to polish a tur d.  Should be used to it by now.

magnummaddness #5 Posted 11 November 2017 - 02:52 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2832 battles
  • [BMTM]
I really just wish they would color the stars by win rate, and that’s coming from a 49%er
If tanks succeed, victory follows. 

TonnerreCadien #6 Posted 11 November 2017 - 03:44 PM

Cabri dans le Maïs

• Players
  • 33999 battles
  • [HAHA]
They can't possibly have the personnel to verify all the downvotes. This is odd.

f9OFXgk.jpg

I'm too old to be a seal clubber! I can't tell you the last time I even went to a club!

"Go back to tier III!" - Every stat-fetisher who ever got salty with me in post-game chat

obi__wan__shinobi #7 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 51392 battles

They’ve said that down votes were going to be moderated.

That couldn’t really be done by any kind of automated system.

little_brother_of_war #8 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:05 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7930 battles
  • [FROST]
If if you just the ignore the whole aspect of this function, you're probably better off. Why put oneself through the stress of an equivalent to a high school popularity farm. Besides a lot of the players MH star status is covered up by the mini-map anyway, so you can't see what they are in the first place. If a profile name is "Ted" or something a star will be more easily visible, but with longer tags, stars are not viewable unless you stop paying to move the map to the player name list. But doing all that takes time away from supporting your team and the game in general. So, basically...why fret about it?

Decimator Road

little_brother_of_war #9 Posted 11 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 7930 battles
  • [FROST]

View Postobi__wan__shinobi, on 11 November 2017 - 10:00 AM, said:

They’ve said that down votes were going to be moderated.

That couldn’t really be done by any kind of automated system.

Which would make it even worse that your gameplay capability is being determined by a cold, calculating and emotionally removed bot system, all because a pissed-off 14 year old kid, an angry old get-off-my-lawn dude or some socially removed uber-gamer, has a moment and decides to slam you with a down vote. So then a clueless robotic server unfairly computes you into to a negative light after you've contributed a butt-load of your hard earned dollars towards maintaining the longevity of the game. 

Niiiiice...        :sceptic:

Edited by little_brother_of_war, 12 November 2017 - 04:17 PM.

Decimator Road

Gasho3 #10 Posted 11 November 2017 - 05:56 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 26224 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I think it might be broken in a few ways.  I've currently got 38 up votes and 2 down votes which nets me 3 stars.  Like the original poster I've also noted that my down votes to others don't seem register.  Not really sure what to make of this social experiment.

Also tagged with military honor, bug

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users