Jump to content


When the gun won't fire...


  • Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

SilverLion468 #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7028 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017
Just had a weird battle in a T-34.  When I had the first shot opportunity, the gun wouldn't fire.  I ducked back into cover, moved, found a new target.  Again, no "boom".  I've never had that happen before.  I let the team know what was going on, and spent the battle trying to find ways to contribute.  I drew fire, baited, rammed reds, blocked them from behind so they couldn't get to cover, and ended up ramming the 90 point capper and resetting the timer until the team could punch his ticket for the win.  I still did 520 damage, scored one kill.  But it also challenged my thinking about how I play.  It wasn't something I'd want to do a lot, but it was enlightening.

SpartacusDiablo #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:17 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 16407 battles
  • 7,000
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014
Playing on PC?

If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


Grayghost2000 #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17055 battles
  • 2,050
  • [MBTS]
  • Member since:
    09-27-2015

It has happened to me many times. This issue has cost me a few games. 

 

First, it was just ghost rounds and now the stinking gun won’t fire.



_UrgleMcPurfle_ #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:19 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 9774 battles
  • 2,566
  • [COD]
  • Member since:
    07-19-2016
o7 for your creativity!

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

 

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

 

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.


Befallen2 #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:21 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 13745 battles
  • 208
  • [J2512]
  • Member since:
    11-11-2016

View PostGrayghost2000, on 14 November 2017 - 04:19 PM, said:

It has happened to me many times. This issue has cost me a few games. 

 

First, it was just ghost rounds and now the stinking gun won’t fire.

 

Ghost rounds are a massive problem right now.

Fu_Manchu_ #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10226 battles
  • 2,209
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017
It has happened to me a few times. I've also had battles where the awsd keys don't work. I play on PC, so I just close out the game and reload it. Usually I get back in quick enough that I can contribute. A couple times I've come back to find my smoking hull.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

 

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

 

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222


SpartacusDiablo #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 04:25 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 16407 battles
  • 7,000
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostFu_Manchu_, on 14 November 2017 - 11:24 AM, said:

It has happened to me a few times. I've also had battles where the awsd keys don't work. I play on PC, so I just close out the game and reload it. Usually I get back in quick enough that I can contribute. A couple times I've come back to find my smoking hull.

That's Overkill. All you need to do is hit the Escape key and then hit return to battle. If you do that your mouse will be working correctly.


If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


SoccerDragon10 #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:05 PM

    Junior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 67216 battles
  • 147
  • [AVNGR]
  • Member since:
    12-04-2014
Got the same inability to fire issue this morning playing on an ipad while trying to shoot the german bulldog. The ghost rounds and inability to fire has been getting worse lately. It'd be nice is they upgraded their hardware, but we are NA so...

Fu_Manchu_ #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:21 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10226 battles
  • 2,209
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 November 2017 - 09:25 AM, said:

That's Overkill. All you need to do is hit the Escape key and then hit return to battle. If you do that your mouse will be working correctly.

 

Interesting. I'll try that next time.

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

 

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

 

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222


BluesAllDay #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:33 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 8097 battles
  • 1,884
  • [SRV]
  • Member since:
    10-16-2016
I'm on an iPad and I'd say it happens a couple times a month.

 

 


The_Lewolf #11 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:27 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 24422 battles
  • 69
  • [LIES_]
  • Member since:
    12-25-2016
I've been suffering through this exact problem (also on PC/mouse) since this summer. Submitted a ticket but never followed up on WGs response. How do you show pictorial evidence that your gun won't fire? I've always closed the game and restarted, hoping to be alive when the game came back. Hope your fix works SpartacusDiablo. Man that would be excellent. I've gotten to the point where I trained myself to fire as soon as the game starts just to confirm my gun works.

SpartacusDiablo #12 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:38 PM

    Highly Illogical

  • Players
  • 16407 battles
  • 7,000
  • [III-R]
  • Member since:
    02-17-2014

View PostThe_Lewolf, on 14 November 2017 - 01:27 PM, said:

I've been suffering through this exact problem (also on PC/mouse) since this summer. Submitted a ticket but never followed up on WGs response. How do you show pictorial evidence that your gun won't fire? I've always closed the game and restarted, hoping to be alive when the game came back. Hope your fix works SpartacusDiablo. Man that would be excellent. I've gotten to the point where I trained myself to fire as soon as the game starts just to confirm my gun works.

In my experience the roller wheel also stops working along with the gun not firing.  Every match I'll try to zoom in at the start of the match, if I can't I hit the "escape" key and then click "return to battle".   It has worked every time.

 

Save that ammo and good luck!


If you find that you lose more often then you win it may be time for you to admit that "the team" isn't the problem...

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]


Fu_Manchu_ #13 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:40 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 10226 battles
  • 2,209
  • [CLEAR]
  • Member since:
    10-03-2017

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 November 2017 - 11:38 AM, said:

In my experience the roller wheel also stops working along with the gun not firing.  Every match I'll try to zoom in at the start of the match, if I can't I hit the "escape" key and then click "return to battle".   It has worked every time.

 

Save that ammo and good luck!

 

The roller wheel??!? Do we have manual zoom in this game and I didn't even know it?

CLEAR/CLE4R family discord: https://discord.gg/Pq44sNt

 

My second (formerly phone-only, now shameless re-roll) account is HanYolo_.

 

Find me on discord: Fu_Manchu_#6222


_WarBeast #14 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

    Lance-corporal

  • Players
  • 17629 battles
  • 70
  • [FLOOP]
  • Member since:
    04-22-2017
Happene to me as well quite often and same with ghost rounds.

Cletusrocks_ap #15 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:21 PM

    Senior Sergeant

  • Players
  • 17508 battles
  • 784
  • [QUEFF]
  • Member since:
    04-03-2016
I think this issue is limited to PC and Ipad, I play on android and while I've had my own issues I've never had a problem with the gun firing.

https://www.blitzstars.com/api/sigs/com/1019725659.png

 

A good heavy driver knows how to make shots bounce off their armor, how to use cover while fighting at the front, when to get out there and just take the shot to protect his team, to keep the reds attention focused so his team can flank, and to consistently do damage while all of that happens.  

 


SilverLion468 #16 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:56 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7028 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017

View PostSpartacusDiablo, on 14 November 2017 - 04:17 PM, said:

Playing on PC?

 

Yes.  I'll try the 'esc' trick if it happens again.  The fount of knowledge as always, Spartacus.  Thanks!

Ericmopar #17 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:52 PM

    First Sergeant

  • Players
  • 3219 battles
  • 2,213
  • Member since:
    04-10-2017
I play the Steam version and I've never had my gun not fire at all, but like last night, I had to click the left mouse button three times in one match, get the gun to fire after the aiming circle turned green. I didn't get smoked, but I did take a bad hit while this was going on.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey.

 

 


NateDawg2k16 #18 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:02 PM

    Swedish Mafia Captain

  • Players
  • 12909 battles
  • 3,174
  • [META]
  • Member since:
    01-23-2016
I just completely miss the fire button half the time...

"If you're gonna go out, go out with a bang." - Nobody said this. But somebody should have. 


SchnauzerKampfwagenIV #19 Posted 14 November 2017 - 09:39 PM

    If injured in battle please call Dr. S. Paul Abpraller III DVM E

  • Players
  • 32615 battles
  • 1,897
  • [ISSAH]
  • Member since:
    05-08-2015
Yes its happened but I think it may be the device. Also got shot through a rock on mines yesterday. The tracer went from muzzle through rock into my ammo rack.

SilverLion468 #20 Posted 14 November 2017 - 11:08 PM

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 7028 battles
  • 299
  • Member since:
    03-30-2017

View PostSchnauzerKampfwagenIV, on 14 November 2017 - 09:39 PM, said:

Yes its happened but I think it may be the device. Also got shot through a rock on mines yesterday. The tracer went from muzzle through rock into my ammo rack.

 

That's the new Composite Rigid And Phase Shift round...




4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users