Welp. I've Gone and Done it.

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Ruby_Rose_ #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:28 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 9703 battles
  • [SKXLL]

I finished installing WoT PC last night and planning to play more tonight. I was thinking of grinding Russian Meds, Chinese Lights and the French Med/Light line. I'm not gonna overwhelm myself with grinds like on Blitz, where I have about 10 lines to grind.

Initial Thoughts: "Wow, taking hill on Mines is hard with the MS-1"

"T7 Combat Car with 25 seconds of reload, Oof"

Also, I need to stop using Blitz tactics, I died way too early in my 2nd Match

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

Clan Recruitment: TRHRD  Discord: TRHRD
TRHRD Officer

_chasey #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:30 PM

Unicum in training

• Players
  • 16353 battles
  • [SKXLL]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 14 November 2017 - 11:28 AM, said:

I finished installing WoT PC last night and planning to play more tonight. I was thinking of grinding Russian Meds, Chinese Lights and the French Med/Light line. I'm not gonna overwhelm myself with grinds like on Blitz, where I have about 10 lines to grind.

Initial Thoughts: "Wow, taking hill on Mines is hard with the MS-1"

"T7 Combat Car with 25 seconds of reload, Oof"

Also, I need to stop using Blitz tactics, I died way too early in my 2nd Match

Rip

KanKanMikan #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 05:51 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 18934 battles
  • [PURPL]
Improvise. Adapt. Overcome.

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

Saksham_Limbu #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 170 battles

Arty party!

Relax The Hentai Master is here!  Member of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD) 

Owner of Stug III

"A country without people is not a country, The country does not make the people it's the people that make the country"- Saksham Limbu  Tanks in garage: Lowe, SU 100Y, T23E3, Chi-Ha, Vindicator UM (My NA account is just to play for fun).

EU Tank garage: KV-1 Dedicated Warrior, The Princess (Churchill Mk VII), Pz IV Anko SP, Kuro Mori Mine, Hetzer Kame SP, T7 Combat car, T18, Pz S35, BT 7 Gamescom 2017, M3 Light, Crusader TGS 2017, Cromwell Full Forward & TGS 2017, Centurion Mk I and Mk 7/1.

Bronyman50 #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:05 PM

Offical Horse Guy (Platinum Legacy Forum Title Holder)

• Players
  • 22655 battles
  • [FLEET]
If you want to play on the EU server I play a Mean Arty 

"The Mountain Goat Strikes Again" -Anonymous (Ingame)

I Swear It's Like A Potato Farm With The Current Playerbase

Bronyman50 A.K.A TheOriginalHorseGuy

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:30 PM

The rent-a-cop

• Players
  • 13030 battles
  • [III-H]

Definietly don't use Blitz tactics, especially when you get to the mid-tiers. 

Also, don't worry about WR too much. The learning curve is much different between the two games. If you have the money (Premiums are soooooooo much more expensive there) get on of the two best premiums available, which are on sale right now: Skorp G and T26E5/Patriot. They will more reliably make credits for you.

Also, get ready for crew skill hell. The skill system is way more detailed than here. While it adds to the grind (thus keeping goals when things get stale) it really makes a huge difference. No sixth sense is probably the biggest difference off the bat. You've gotta earn it!

Unifying TRIARII factors:

1.How much money we've spent on this game (not to mention the new parking garage required for all of our M 60's)

2. The amount of alcohol consumed while playing tanks. 

3. How much fun we have with, and at the expense of, each other

acrisis #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 06:42 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 19019 battles
  • [EQ-TR]

Prepare to die ... a LOT.

In my starting experience:  You're blind as a mole and there are sealclubbers everywhere.  Even if you do everything right as one would expect from someone with blitz experience as far as holding hard cover, playing second or third line (since you don't want to be out there and don't know where to go, ...) and get your shots in, if they pen ...

The tutorial was fun. In game, live, it just sucks really. You're broke. Have no crew skills. Run stock. Trying to grind. Totally team dependent. Probably 80% chance it is a loss.

Blitz   Community   Coalition   
 BCC Forum Thread | BCC Discord invite

Mission Poll  |  Goose Event Poll  | ... 
Looney Tooners  ||  Triarii  ||  Blitz University  ||  Basic Training  ||  Mentor

2.8 Blitz Economy - A visual of the credit coefficients | Got lag? =>  Pingplotter thread

cheasesteak #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16123 battles
  • [DOGZ]
Games are much longer and overall tanks have lower HP and higher damage output - makes it much worse to get hit and hence a campier game as people try to avoid getting shot.

As said above, grinding crew skills sucks.  Big time.  I have about 600 battles, and not one tank with Sixth Sense (I am close with my Ram II).

Equipment and consumables are much more expensive, and I run most tanks on the light side. 

I play it free to play on PC (Ram was from a gift code), and do suffer a bit because of it. 

On the plus side lack of Blitz style armor hit skins means any knowledge of individual tank armor (and how to use it) gained by playing blitz is very useful in PC. 

Noobmeter is the stat site I like best.  http://www.noobmeter...eak/1011494900/

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

cheasesteak #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:52 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16123 battles
  • [DOGZ]

Regarding lines, Brit Cruiser line seems pretty good to me.  Also going US medium and heavy, Russian heavy, Swedish TDs, and maybe US turreted TD.   Not really sure if these are good picks, but they look interesting.  I really don't plan on spending the time or effort to get to really high tiers.

Individual tanks I have liked so far are Ram II, Cruiser III and IV, Pz IIG, and M8A1

Edited by cheasesteak, 14 November 2017 - 08:00 PM.

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Xeraux #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:27 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 3210 battles

Hit me up over on PC. I'm happy to platoon/help how I can. It's a tough game to break into, but with your previous tank experience, I'm sure you'll do well.

(PC stats for validation, 18.7k games played, 2390/3310 WN8/recent.)

PC super-unicum

Retired Blitz unicum Current Blitz pubbie

Blitz garage:

M5 Stuart, M4 Sherman, T82, Pz II J, BT-7 A, A-20, T-34-85 Victory, KV-2, IS, IS-6, SU-122-44, Cruiser IV, Centurion I, AT 15A, Ke-Ho, O-47

Ericmopar #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 07:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 2741 battles

Welcome to the world of $500,000 optics for a tier I tank. :D

On another note, what are you going to make out of those ground up tanks?

If you have some cash, it helps greatly to gold the Commander and Gunner up to 100%. You don't have to do the whole crew but actually being able to hit something makes the game much more bearable.

Oh yeah, the great tanks here, aren't the great tanks on PC I'm learning.

Edited by Ericmopar, 15 November 2017 - 07:22 AM.

Old and Treacherous Flying Monkey

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users