scouting Ru 251

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Wboys #1 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:30 PM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 28927 battles
  • [VRTX]

I've seen a lot of people argue that scouting has very little effect on the game in Blitz. Either they say the maps are too small to scout or that if you do scout the team doesn't take advantage of it. While I would argue that both those points are incorrect, here is an example of how you can effectively scout AND take advantage of the scouting you are doing yourself; no team required. 

https://www.youtube....h?v=zr156RgXYmc

Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

Posit1ve_ #2 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:39 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 31764 battles
  • [IRD]

So I watched the video.

On the contrary, you did pretty much no spotting during that game. The IS-8, Panther II, and E-75 down in the valley that you were shooting at were nearly 300M away, very much outside spotting distance for the RU-261. 

You also had no initial spots that game.

What you demonstrated is how to open a crossfire, and why you should never go valley on dead rail

268 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Also a top 100 Autoloader player (top 100 in the AMX 50B, T57, T54E1, AMX 50 120, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, Bat Chat 25t AP, Bat Chat 25t)

_OSIRIS #3 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:42 PM

something

• Players
  • 24035 battles
  • [501DV]
Man that match was a light tank's wet dream. Awesome job 

There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness"  - Dave Barry

Wboys #4 Posted 14 November 2017 - 07:45 PM

Elite Noob

• Players
  • 28927 battles
  • [VRTX]

View PostPosit1ve_, on 14 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

So I watched the video.

On the contrary, you did pretty much no spotting during that game. The IS-8, Panther II, and E-75 down in the valley that you were shooting at were nearly 300M away, very much outside spotting distance for the RU-261. 

You also had no initial spots that game. I spotted the T28

What you demonstrated is how to open a crossfire, and why you should never go valley on dead rail

​I was mainly referring to the poor T28. I did actual re-spot quite a few people. Initial spots are not the only spots that count.

Edit; With the reworked equipment my view range in the Ru 251 is 302 meters, so I actually was spotting them. You'll notice who disappears when I fall back behind the rock to reset my camo. I also got 258 assisted damaged caused upon spotting the Panther II, so I could definitely see him and also kept the IS 8 lit up after my allies had fallen back.

Edited by Wboys, 14 November 2017 - 07:57 PM.

Leader of Vort3x, My in-depth stats: http://wotbstars.com...&geo=NA&lng=eng

Goals: 60% wr without stat padding, researching all tier Xs (1 left!)

Favorite Mark Twain quotes: "Man was made at the end of the work week, when God was tired." ~ "It's not the size of the dog in the fight, it's the size of the fight in the dog." ~ "Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often." ~ "Don't let school interfere with your education." ~ "Apparently, there is nothing that cannot happen today." ~ "Go to Heaven for the climate and Hell for the company."

Posit1ve_ #5 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:05 PM

Credits Master

• Players
  • 31764 battles
  • [IRD]

View PostWboys, on 14 November 2017 - 02:45 PM, said:

​I was mainly referring to the poor T28. I did actual re-spot quite a few people. Initial spots are not the only spots that count.

Edit; With the reworked equipment my view range in the Ru 251 is 302 meters, so I actually was spotting them. You'll notice who disappears when I fall back behind the rock to reset my camo. I also got 258 assisted damaged caused upon spotting the Panther II, so I could definitely see him and also kept the IS 8 lit up after my allies had fallen back.

Spotting the T28 helped you, and pretty much no one else. Catching out a slow TD in a light tank is to be expected.

Also, the reason why some of the tanks disappeared is because the tanks on your team in the valley that were proxy spotting the enemy fell back. Your nominal view range might be 302M, but unless they fire, you have no chance at spotting them, because even heavy tanks have a camo value. 

Furthermore, I'd still argue that spotting is generally not beneficial in pub matches. In the vast majority of engagements, if a teammate has a shot on an enemy, they're also spotting it themselves too. In a light tank, the only reason why I bother spotting is so that I know what side of the map is defended, and which side I can rotate through to create a crossfire

Edited by Posit1ve_, 14 November 2017 - 08:07 PM.

268 tanks in the garage! (Pretty sure only Crusader6 has a larger garage)

Your local friendly credits guru: http://forum.wotblit...__fromsearch__1 

Also a top 100 Autoloader player (top 100 in the AMX 50B, T57, T54E1, AMX 50 120, AMX 50 100, AMX 13 90, Bat Chat 25t AP, Bat Chat 25t)

ahredstealth #6 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:32 PM

King Tater

• Players
  • 18320 battles
  • [SPUD]
Did the HE on the RU get nerfed?

If not, you missed some golden opportunities on that Tiger II...  

Wargaming server will serving you kindly

_Panzer_V #7 Posted 14 November 2017 - 08:45 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 16639 battles
  • [F8TAL]
Spotting in blitz is less useful than it is in PC or consil because most of the maps are small and confined. Vineyards, Port Bay, and Naval Frontier are the maps where I have the most success in spotting. Vineyards because it’s very open, the rest because of good bush locations. In Munich opinion, spotting or getting the initial view of the enemy’s is still vital to victory. 

I think I'm a great good player... I'm still not sure though

“I want to tank to you, but I’m just gonna sit here and hope you start talking to me” - Me 

I still can't get a good picture to work >: |

KanKanMikan #8 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:11 PM

Vladimir-Taichou no Tanku

• Players
  • 18957 battles
  • [PURPL]
T-54 ltwt is my personal tank for Tier 8 - it has strong enough armor to which has a chance to bounce. Speed is awesome. Zig Zag dodging your ex's DMs.

Tier X: IS-7, IS-4, Object 140, Grille 15, Leopard 1, AMX 50 B, E 100, Obj 268, T57 Heavy

First MAHOU/ANEKI member to reach Diamond League

Ruby_Rose_ #9 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 9719 battles
  • [SKXLL]
Watched the Vid

Engine Boost?

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

Clan Recruitment: TRHRD  Discord: TRHRD
TRHRD Officer

Melissa_Durat #10 Posted 14 November 2017 - 10:33 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 6957 battles
  • [-HELL]

What's wrong with an engine boost? It makes the ligth tank even faster!. 

Also good job. I love to protect the Ru251 in my team. It makes greats results :)

https://imgur.com/GNOg14o

Also tagged with scouting, Ru 251

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users