Military Honor...sigh

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

superfly29erguy_1 #1 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14673 battles
  • [AGOGO]
So the new and improved update was supposed to usher in a new and improved military honor system. Hmmm, so why did I just receive 2 positives and my military honor decreased? 31 positives to 0 negatives and now I am just a disciplined player.

Remember...If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

a_cookie #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8004 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Honor machine broke

Official Squid Skrub

The updated-updated story of a_cookie

Play the single word game here

Official Grammar Nazi, here to help!

He still owes me 100 warchests    B1, The destroyer of worlds  T-10M, The destroyer of universes

CaesarSeizer #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:20 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 16549 battles
  • [DEIMO]

I haven't had that problem, but what I have noticed is that with non-anonymous upvotes and downvotes, people are gaming the system to get way more upvotes than anyone has any business getting, simply by upvoting other people each game in order to get reciprocal upvotes.

With this, military honor does not work the way it was designed. It's now more of a popularity contest than it ever was, and has no bearing on how good or bad a player actually is. What I have noticed, however, is that people seem to be a lot nicer. I've played about ~100 battles over the last couple of days, and I can count on one hand the number of salty people I've come across. It's like an entirely different community. Have I just been lucky, or has anyone else noticed this?

Toolan #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:26 AM

I still yolo

• Players
  • 35828 battles
  • [MRKVM]
It’s not a skill metric. It’s to keep people nice. Working as intended. 

superfly29erguy_1 #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14673 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostToolan, on 15 November 2017 - 01:26 AM, said:

It’s not a skill metric. It’s to keep people nice. Working as intended. 

The team I just played had a guy with 3 positives and 4 negatives with 4 stars...not working as inteneded.

Remember...If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice.

_34 #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:34 AM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [-TK]

Since update 4.4, I have talked exactly once in battles. I've been trying to avoid getting any downvotes at all. Being in PRAMO, I got them all the time for no reason.

The one time I talked, I was saying hello to someone who gave me an o7.

I got two unsportsmanlike downvotes that game.

__Seal__ #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:50 AM

Legendary Guardian of Sealkind

• Players
  • 10028 battles
  • [COD-R]

View Post_34, on 15 November 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

Since update 4.4, I have talked exactly once in battles. I've been trying to avoid getting any downvotes at all. Being in PRAMO, I got them all the time for no reason.

Ouch...really? I don't even say stuff that nice and I'm still at zero downvotes. But I guess it makes sense, PRAMO is probably one of the most hated clans in NA. 

o7 

"I will club you".                                                                                           "HAX!"

-Random 40%er before getting rekt.                                                           -Random 40%er after getting rekt

Press THIS to become a unicum

Spoiler

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Player935 #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:15 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27335 battles
  • [TOMB]

View Posta_cookie, on 15 November 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

Honor machine broke

Understandable Have a Great Day 

Christsean123 #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:40 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 5711 battles
  • [MOM7]
I have never had a rating above vanilla. I’ve had up to 17 positive marks with no negatives and still middle green honor. I’ve thought about sending a ticket to WG, but I just don’t care about a rating that has no bearing on the game.

I’ve got an O-47 with Mecha Phoenix camo parked in my garage. ~ Hater’s Player

I’m still suffering from the transgressions of my noobhood. ~ 47%er

I buy tanks so you don’t have to. ~ Certified Wallet Warrior

Wisdom is wasted on the unwise. ~ ChristSean

jkwon126 #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:47 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 22654 battles
  • [HUCK]
Try not to take the stars and the vote count seriously. Thar be dragons mate. Thar be dragons.

[WOTBStars] [BlitzStars]

What was that?  Can't hear you over my freedom of speech -Blartch

_EABOD_ #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:14 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 2962 battles
  • [FOE]
I’ve been zero stars and five stars.  It’s so random and broken it’s a joke.  Get negative votes all the time for calling out teammates doing zero damage but not afk.    I laugh. At their futility cause my upvotes crush their downvotes. 

alexcnsf #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:36 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4690 battles
  • [YWING]
It doesn't show my downvotes which is very annoying because I have no idea who close I am to five stars. (I have about 25 up votes and have been at 4 stars since 6 up votes)
Once upon a time the vk 28.01 was my favorite tank.

rosgrim #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 31375 battles
  • [PGHS]

Guys once for all: after the update MH is broken.

I mean...I know MH is a broke system from the start (the concept it self), but now I'm talking about if it is working as designed or not and 

IT IS BROKE.

Something wrong with the "moderator" as they call it and with the count/evaluation/reset timing  of up and down. You can see every kind of situation out there.

They are not admitting that but it is what it is.

An example:

before one could be purple with 15 or something up vote even with few down.

Now for me it takes 44 up vote and 0 down.

Saw people blue with 2 up vote. People blue with 2 or 3 more down than up etc etc. 

Edited by rosgrim, 15 November 2017 - 05:03 AM.

boris55555 #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8956 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postrosgrim, on 14 November 2017 - 11:59 PM, said:

Guys once for all: after the update MH is broken.

I mean...I know MH is a broke system from the start (the concept it self), but now I'm talking about if it is working as designed or not and 

IT IS BROKE.

Something wrong with the "moderator" as they call it and with the count/evaluation/reset timing  of up and down. You can see every kind of situation out there.

They are not admitting that but it is what it is.

An example:

before one could be purple with 15 or something up vote even with few down.

Now for me it takes 44 up vote and 0 down.

Saw people blue with 2 up vote. People blue with 2 or 3 more down than up etc etc. 

Working as intended or it will

fix itself in time 

. The count is still 0 and 1. I'm dirty: I've given them $40, shame me I’m a 3.h8 failure.

WOOFSgtCrapgame #15 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:24 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 37332 battles
  • [ATB]

View PostCaesarSeizer, on 15 November 2017 - 01:20 AM, said:

I haven't had that problem, but what I have noticed is that with non-anonymous upvotes and downvotes, people are gaming the system to get way more upvotes than anyone has any business getting, simply by upvoting other people each game in order to get reciprocal upvotes.

With this, military honor does not work the way it was designed. It's now more of a popularity contest than it ever was, and has no bearing on how good or bad a player actually is. What I have noticed, however, is that people seem to be a lot nicer. I've played about ~100 battles over the last couple of days, and I can count on one hand the number of salty people I've come across. It's like an entirely different community. Have I just been lucky, or has anyone else noticed this?

Lol you wish........it’s just the same , I’ve sent in 27 tickets so far.......

krietenstein34 #16 Posted 15 November 2017 - 01:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 21876 battles
  • [HAHA]

View PostWOOFSgtCrapgame, on 15 November 2017 - 05:24 AM, said:

Lol you wish........it’s just the same , I’ve sent in 27 tickets so far.......

27 tickets ?   for real ?    I'd hit the ban button just to shut you up !!!
Best Game Ever>>>> NHL 94' on Sega CD.

SoccerDragon10 #17 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:27 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 51973 battles
  • [AVNGR]

View Post_34, on 15 November 2017 - 01:34 AM, said:

I'd be surprised if that happened because of a comment. Their checks prevent that, maybe u rammed or blocked someone.

The new MH has now swung to the opposite end of the spectrum. Before you could get random downvotes from downvote trolls now it's near impossible to get/give downvotes. I give out upvotes and typically only give downvotes for severe stuff just to see if it'll work but after the change nothing happens for downvotes. A player was sending out all sorts of nasty stuff including one that started as typical swearing going homophobic and then racist all in 5 words (depending how you count the 4th). Downvoted for comments and nothing happened. I checked players MH before and several hours after out of curiosity and the downvote never showed up. 

SpartacusDiablo #18 Posted 15 November 2017 - 02:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10066 battles
  • [SPUD]
I wish we had more threads about military honor. I'd like to see the entire front page of General discussion composed of nothing but Military Honor threads. Come on team, you can do it!

PROUD MEMBER OF THE WORLD FAMOUS SPUD CLAN

​#FixTheFury 

I'm done with the forum for awhile. See ya in game.

_34 #19 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:54 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 20380 battles
  • [-TK]

View PostSoccerDragon10, on 15 November 2017 - 06:27 AM, said:

I'd be surprised if that happened because of a comment. Their checks prevent that, maybe u rammed or blocked someone.

The new MH has now swung to the opposite end of the spectrum. Before you could get random downvotes from downvote trolls now it's near impossible to get/give downvotes. I give out upvotes and typically only give downvotes for severe stuff just to see if it'll work but after the change nothing happens for downvotes. A player was sending out all sorts of nasty stuff including one that started as typical swearing going homophobic and then racist all in 5 words (depending how you count the 4th). Downvoted for comments and nothing happened. I checked players MH before and several hours after out of curiosity and the downvote never showed up. 

No. Unsportsmanlike is only blocked if you don't speak, similarly to provocative. Trust me, I've tried many times to give them out to no avail. I definetely didn't block anyone.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users