Blocking

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

chipshot07 #1 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:35 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13936 battles
  • [USS]

it’s been said on the forums time and time again.  Don’t block your team mates exit.    Don’t ride my rear end and quit blocking my retreat exits.   I placed myself behind this building or hill or fence so that I can shoot then retreat, shoot then retreat.  NOT so I can take hits on my torrent because you decide to park right behind me.  

Thank you for listening to my rant.    I haven’t posted on here in over one full year.   

kapri25 #2 Posted 15 November 2017 - 03:40 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 1527 battles
It's happened to all of us and at some point or another we have done it ourselves. Apologies to those I have done it to. But that being said, people need to have a better situational awareness about them. Noticed that a lot of people get tunnel vision when they see an enemy and start going after them. So if you are in front of them they do not see you...and then are stunned when you back up and hit them and refuse to move so you can get out of the line of fire. Frustrating. But a noobish mistake that will hopefully correct as they (hopefully) learn.

VikkoTheTusken #3 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:01 AM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 18909 battles
  • [III-H]

I feel compelled to make it my sad duty to inform you that your target audience neither knows this forum exists, or that they are doing it wrong.

_Weeping_Angel_ #4 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:08 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 36631 battles
  • [501DV]
Tends to happen when players sit in sniper mode and cannot even see what they are doing to you.  They are only focused on what they are trying to shoot.  They barely notice that they are no longer moving forward to take the shot.  Only when they go out of sniper mode do they realize what they are doing to you.  Then it takes them another 20 seconds to figure out they need to back up and get out of your way.

tedg5 #5 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:25 AM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 35071 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Since I play a lot of different tiers I’ll say I get blocking as much at tier 10 as others. So it’s all level players. :(

WizoGT379 #6 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:52 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 5824 battles
  • [RUDY]

Since you haven’t posted in a year, can you make a tradition to increase that every year plz,

so now don’t show up til November of 2019 plz

:trollface:

You can't outsmart stupid, it just doesn't work like that - TengenToppaPotatoLagann

Official TRPD Member

pilotedbywerewolves #7 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:07 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 8901 battles
  • [MDWS]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 15 November 2017 - 04:01 AM, said:

I feel compelled to make it my sad duty to inform you that your target audience neither knows this forum exists, or that they are doing it wrong.

Sadly true.

M00niac #8 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:20 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 43659 battles
  • [HZZRS]
You move behind them, and bump them for the rest of the game while you tell everyone what they did. Simple. 

BluesAllDay #9 Posted 15 November 2017 - 06:58 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6646 battles
  • [SRV]

View Post_Weeping_Angel_, on 14 November 2017 - 08:08 PM, said:

Tends to happen when players sit in sniper mode and cannot even see what they are doing to you.  They are only focused on what they are trying to shoot.  They barely notice that they are no longer moving forward to take the shot.  Only when they go out of sniper mode do they realize what they are doing to you.  Then it takes them another 20 seconds to figure out they need to back up and get out of your way.

sounds like my first 4500 games. I even got pretty good at driving in sniper without running into too many things. Never could back and turn in sniper though I always cut to hard and backed into what I was trying to turn around. Now if these things had mirrors I would have been in sniper 100% of the time. Sure it kills the peripheral vision and makes it difficult to see what your teammates are doing but they've already left and I'm sitting all alone waiting to tunnel vision the first tank that fires at me.

Don't ask why. My only excuse is how could I possibly know otherwise. It's not a daily conversation I had around the dinner table or anywhere else for that matter. First clan I was in I'm pretty sure was abandoned but I stayed there a month or so anyway. Second clan was a full clan but most conversation wasn't game related so no ones learning anything there. And No one ever said not to

it's pretty trick to maneuver most of a game in first person and can be quite exilerating when the stars line up once or twice a month and an amazing game would fall into may lap. My pools medal in my T1 Heavy was such a game. It felt as though the reds dove in front of me one at a time. Each patiently waiting thier turn to drive into my scope for me to kill them. Of course like the doorknob that I am I tunnel visioned my way right into the middle of all of them not really even knowing I had. Each to busy to stop and shoot at me. It's like they didn't know I was there and I stayed in tunnel vision the whole time. I thought everyone did. its an ongoing struggle to break some habits and still, some 2000 battles later, I sit in sniper way to long and occasionally I still catch myself driving that way. Do I oppologize? Heck no. I had a blast and I didn't know any better. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

Knight350 #10 Posted 15 November 2017 - 09:11 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 15987 battles
  • [_DX2_]
I bark at players "MOVE" when they're violating my personal space. And by that I mean the extension of how far my hull will reach in a circle. If they're close enough to stop me from traversing my hull, they're too close.

"You may wanna clam up. Tier Xers are serious asf" -lordofthedawn

Lemme rustle your jimmies. I swear it won't annoy you. Much.

Being a unicum would be boring. That's why I'm not a unicum.

Derp guns reign supreme!

cjcourtney1 #11 Posted 15 November 2017 - 10:59 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20866 battles
  • [S3MC]

View PostVikkoTheTusken, on 14 November 2017 - 11:01 PM, said:

I always hear this and wonder,at the bottom of the page it says " # users reading this topic. #members,#guest,# anonymous users. Are the guest and anonymous users the target audience you refer to and if so I usually  see more of them reading these threads than the members. So how can you say that they don't know this forum exists???Thanks......

Edited by cjcourtney1, 15 November 2017 - 11:02 AM.

VikkoTheTusken #12 Posted 15 November 2017 - 12:52 PM

URoRRuR'R'R

• Players
  • 18909 battles
  • [III-H]

View Postcjcourtney1, on 15 November 2017 - 06:59 AM, said:

I always hear this and wonder,at the bottom of the page it says " # users reading this topic. #members,#guest,# anonymous users. Are the guest and anonymous users the target audience you refer to and if so I usually  see more of them reading these threads than the members. So how can you say that they don't know this forum exists???Thanks......

BluesAllDay #13 Posted 15 November 2017 - 04:02 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6646 battles
  • [SRV]
     I've never seen pc version. iPad after dropping down menu in upper left the community bar hides behind the disconnect from server bar. Unless you scroll down the menu it doesn't exist. It deserves better billing. 

dogs look up to you,

cats look down on you,

pigs look you in the eye

and treat you as equal.

Cletusrocks_ap #14 Posted 15 November 2017 - 05:11 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11994 battles
  • [CTIRE]
If I take a shot due to blocking, that person gets a neg feedback.  I know it doesn't make any real difference, but it makes me feel a little better.  Another thing that pisses me off is when your own teammate sidehugs you so neither of you can turn.  It's very frustrating when I'm trying to rush my heavy into position at the start of a battle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users