Сrew skills

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
55 replies to this topic

Poll: Сrew skills (130 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Select

1. Furious invader (23 votes [13.77%])

Percentage of vote: 13.77%

2. Dashing adjustment (49 votes [29.34%])

Percentage of vote: 29.34%

3. Second chance (17 votes [10.18%])

Percentage of vote: 10.18%

4. Morale boost (39 votes [23.35%])

Percentage of vote: 23.35%

5. Good memory (39 votes [23.35%])

Percentage of vote: 23.35%

Vote Hide poll

JisooRiver_374 #21 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:09 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29071 battles
  • [PURPL]
I would ask about a skill for lights that let them keep a tank spotted longer as like the designated target skill for pc and yes its not original but the idea of it would make lights to go spot for their team and be aggressive.

I actually get praises now OOF

WipWapJaws #22 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:18 PM

Clanless Scrub

• Players
  • 40179 battles
  • [WKD]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 17 November 2017 - 12:27 AM, said:

Good Memory sounds great, it emphasizes the core of what it means to be a Light Tank driver.
Same can be said for Morale Boost

This

Pittoors_ #23 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:20 PM

Killer Queen has already touched this forum title

• Players
  • 31349 battles
  • [MAHOU]
Morale Boost and Good Memory.

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Pittoors_

Current garage: M48A1 Patton, IS-4, T110E5, E 50 Ausf. M, Leopard 1, T-62A, M46 Patton, T54E1, IS-8, IS-5, IS-6, Rheinmetall Borsig Waffentrager, T49, T23E3Type 62, Helsing, T-34-1, Kuro Mori MineAC IV Sentinel, SU-100YStridsvagn 74A2, Panzer IV Anko SP, Churchill III, T-34, Hetzer Kame SP, A-32, DW 2, Panzer S35, BT-SV, BT-7 Artillery, SU-76i, T-15M3 LightT2 LightT7 Combat CarLight Mk. VIC.

Tgb_matt #24 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 53788 battles

Radio buttons only allow a single selection. 

“Furious invader”: each skill level speeds up base capture (either in encounter battle or supremacy mode) by 1%. If an ally is capturing base together with the player, the capturing speed is increasing proportionally to perk level.

This is useful.  Shaves over a second off of Supremacy base capture.  

“Dashing adjustment”: the perk activates after three successful penetrations of any enemy vehicle performed in a row. When it’s active, next shot has a 5% possibility to deal the maximum damage (50% at level 10). After the shot is made, the series starts from the beginning. 

This has a bit of randomness to it.  Would be difficult to actually notice the effect.  But it does reward the accurate shooter with a greater chance of damage over the course of the game.   

“Second chance”: each level decreases the reload time of next shell by 1% if the previous projectile failed to penetrate enemy’s armor. In case with autoloader, this perk will speed up the full reload only if the non-penetration was made by the last shell in the magazine. 

Although several vehicles run with auto loaders and would not get to benefit from this as often, you will be greatful for it in those final duels when you're final kill shot bounces and you're now racing the reload clock.

“Morale boost”: each successful action (spotting, dealing damage/critical damage, deflecting shell) increases crew mastery by 50% for 2 seconds. Each level increases perk duration. 

Maybe just because my crew skills are maxed and this will only apply to a new tank it seems wasted.  I recall the Mentor skill of the Mediums being seen as low value by many of the prominent thinkers.  At least the Mentor is a continously boost.  I see this skill only creating rather marginal boosts.  But, for newer players grinding all the skills could be useful.

“Good memory”: player can spot enemy that has damaged him for 1% longer. Each level increases perk duration.

I honestly don't understand this one.  My understanding of the spotting mechanics has NO relation to who shoots me, but has to do with how close they are, the muzzle flash, moving, camouflage.   Does this mean that IF  I see the guy that shoots me that it will take his camo 1 to 7 (currently) percent longer for his camo to reset to maximum value? Thus keeping him visible for a tad longer.  Yet it has no change if he remains unspotted after firing.

This could frustrate good players who have learned how to reset camp then pop out, shoot and withdraw to reset as they may pull forward prior to the reset.  But they will adjust their timing if the bulb fails to turn on again.  Less skilled players won't know the difference anyway.

Maybe I'm missing something and it's giving a 1 to 7 % chance that the camper 500 Meters away will light up when he snipes you.

JisooRiver_374 #25 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:30 PM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 29071 battles
  • [PURPL]
Spotting mechanic can be hit or miss sometimes as i can recall times that i was behind a bush sitting still and getting spotted but a heavy tank in a bush can be moving in a bush and doesn't get spotted from 200 meters away. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I actually get praises now OOF

j0nn0 #26 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:38 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16332 battles
  • [XREGZ]

Morale boost, can we get some more info on the potential skill duration? How long does this last at skill level 7? How much is a 50% crew boost anyways? Will there be numerical metric adjustments shown in game for this increase or will I have to guesswork this for myself?

Also, does this effect stack upon itself? Say, if I spot 5 targets, do I get a skill activation of 5x2=10 second duration or is that counted as one spotting event and only counts for a 2 second duration? On the flip side, might it be multiplicative instead and if so, how would that work?

Is there a cool down between activation sequences such as I spot a target, activate the skill for 2 seconds, it ends, shoot my target, then activate it for two more seconds? Continuing off of that, can I chain activation sequences for this skill by spotting, shooting, damaging, etc for a near perpetual skill duration so long as I continue chaining “successful actions”?

Most importantly, what is defined as a “successful action”? Definitions of this can severely impact what players decide is an important action or not and may make the difference between whether or not a teammate decides to actively spot and shoot a target or simply camp and snipe.

Edited by j0nn0, 16 November 2017 - 03:40 PM.

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

10000AwesumePossumes #27 Posted 16 November 2017 - 03:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 19700 battles
  • [UNI0N]

View Post_AzorAhai, on 16 November 2017 - 02:28 PM, said:

Good Memory and Furious Invader are the light tank bread and butter gameplay.

I fully agree it should be the top votes, not Dashing adjustment. The reason being that its only good if you get 3 shot to land and pen.

Good Memory and Furious Invader always work.

Second chance ain't bad. And Morale Boost is pointless.

j0nn0 #28 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:08 PM

F2P Skrub

• Players
  • 16332 battles
  • [XREGZ]

View Post10000AwesumePossumes, on 16 November 2017 - 07:53 AM, said:

I fully agree it should be the top votes, not Dashing adjustment. The reason being that its only good if you get 3 shot to land and pen.

Good Memory and Furious Invader always work.

Second chance ain't bad. And Morale Boost is pointless.

As I recall, crew training/skill percentage boosts account for minimum dispersion, aimtime, reload, driver responsivity, view range and a couple of other unlisted factors. If you have a quick firing tank like the e25 or comet, you could potentially keep this skill perpetually active if damaging hits and track damage/assist damage count as separate instances of a "successful action".

Sometimes, you just gotta sit back and watch them all burn. Don't forget to bring popcorn. You're going to need a snack.

Kiser_Sosei #29 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:12 PM

Who is Kiser Sosei?!?

• Players
  • 28147 battles
  • [III-C]

Still not allowing more than one selection. 

Good memory and Morale Boost. 

Also thanks for polling the players. Are you feeling well? 

"MM may not be rigged but RNGesus only answers the prayers of one team."
My WOTB Youtube Channel.

https://www.blitzsta...com/Kiser_Sosei

SoccerDragon10 #30 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:16 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 68122 battles
  • [AVNGR]

Dashing adjustment and good memory sound the best IMO. Dashing adjustment is just 3 pens not 3 pens of the same tank giving it flexibility and good memory would help you keep an eye someone penning you while you're trying to get down. 

Still can only vote for one.

bg2b #31 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:24 PM

M4 Lifestyle

• Players
  • 18278 battles
  • [SPUD]

Morale boost and good memory I think are probably the best fit for a light tank play style.  I'd worry about morale boost maybe being a bit over-powered though.  A 50% boost to crew mastery (even if of short duration) will send your view range through the roof; as soon as you spot one tank, you'd have a very good chance of spotting a lot of others.  Binocs were already viewed as OP enough to be removed, and they only gave a 25% boost.  10-15% would be a more reasonable range for morale boost I think.

Edit: Someone pointed out that the +50% mastery would only provide about half that amount as the boost to view range (among other stats), but that's still pretty hefty, and it's not even that you have to sit still like with the old binocs.

Edited by bg2b, 16 November 2017 - 07:02 PM.

_UrgleMcPurfle_ #32 Posted 16 November 2017 - 04:30 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 10011 battles
  • [COD]

So, Zloydd, does the Dashing Adjustment crew skill apply to HE shells as well (i.e. splash damage)? Thanks.

I love nothing more / Than my beautiful, succulent chins . . .

Co-founder of the Training Room Police Department (TRPD)

Looking for a tournament clan? Click here.

Triode757 #33 Posted 16 November 2017 - 05:00 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 11807 battles
  • [XWING]

I want Second Chance..

With my skills, I need it.

smalljamalkamal #34 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:03 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28415 battles
  • [-MAX-]
I think Good Memory and Furious Invader best align to lights. 

Befallen2 #35 Posted 16 November 2017 - 06:15 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 14009 battles
  • [J2512]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 16 November 2017 - 02:27 PM, said:

Good Memory sounds great, it emphasizes the core of what it means to be a Light Tank driver.
Same can be said for Morale Boost

I always thought one of the core ideas of driving a light tank was to avoid being hit.  Having to take damage to activate Good Memory seems like a bad deal to me.  Especially since that damage is likely to come from close range as light tank cammo typically prevents people from seeing you, let alone hitting you, from far off.

reluctanttheist #36 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:09 PM

Canuck Didactics

• Players
  • 22868 battles
  • [III-H]
My choice would be Morale Boost and Good Memory.  Being able to bounce a shot twice would be great.

Tanks:  _X: T110E5, T110E3, FV215b(183), IS-7, Obj.140  _IX: M103, T-54  _VIII: IS-6, T34, Lowe, T-44, IS-6, IS-3D  _VII: T-43, Comet, E25, AT-15A, SU-122-44
Usually on in the evenings Pacific time.  Intake Contact for Triarii Clan (PM for details)
Be a better player  |  Click here if you have lag  |  Graphics Settings for iOS  |  Check your ping with Pingplotter  |  Get good: watch Bushka!  |  Check out tanks on Tank Compare  and  BlitzHangar

40_Percent_Trash #37 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:33 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 27469 battles
  • [MSELF]

Good Memory and Second Chance, they are balanced and fit the light tank class best.

My reasons why:

Also I just looked at all the skill lists y'all addressed earlier and Dashing Adjustment seems broken for tanks like my ISU-122s, 7.2 second reload and it has enough alpha to hut quite a bit. Just imagine rolling a good 500 here and there.

Tanks such as the Crusader however will reck house with Dashing Adjustment, rolling a 120 with insane ROF and notably high pen for it's tier it will happen a lot.

Also with Morale boost adding 50% mastery suddenly to my light tank or some other particularly mobile tank could cause some terrible results if I am turning and suddenly my tank turns faster than I am anticipating resulting in me running into something.

Need I also mention the view range for light tanks would spike up to such high levels that TDs once again get screwed over having only the camo net as an effective option with the nerf to Coated optics for their class.

Second Chance is more friendly towards lights as they will usually have a difficult time actually winning a game rather than going for a draw. In tiers where heavy tanks tend to dominate such as 8 it seems that I have to resort to HEAT a lot due to my lack of base Penetration the tanks being of IS origin, more than mobile enough to hit me.

As for the one that speeds up base capture the last thing I need is giving a newbie another reason to not follow the team and go off by themselves into the cap.

wannabeunicum #38 Posted 16 November 2017 - 07:58 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 27366 battles
  • [PNCR]

View PostMayoNasalSpray, on 16 November 2017 - 07:33 PM, said:

Good Memory and Second Chance, they are balanced and fit the light tank class best.

My reasons why:

Also I just looked at all the skill lists y'all addressed earlier and Dashing Adjustment seems broken for tanks like my ISU-122s, 7.2 second reload and it has enough alpha to hut quite a bit. Just imagine rolling a good 500 here and there.

Tanks such as the Crusader however will reck house with Dashing Adjustment, rolling a 120 with insane ROF and notably high pen for it's tier it will happen a lot.

Also with Morale boost adding 50% mastery suddenly to my light tank or some other particularly mobile tank could cause some terrible results if I am turning and suddenly my tank turns faster than I am anticipating resulting in me running into something.

Need I also mention the view range for light tanks would spike up to such high levels that TDs once again get screwed over having only the camo net as an effective option with the nerf to Coated optics for their class.

Second Chance is more friendly towards lights as they will usually have a difficult time actually winning a game rather than going for a draw. In tiers where heavy tanks tend to dominate such as 8 it seems that I have to resort to HEAT a lot due to my lack of base Penetration the tanks being of IS origin, more than mobile enough to hit me.

As for the one that speeds up base capture the last thing I need is giving a newbie another reason to not follow the team and go off by themselves into the cap.

Good they camp hard enough in tier Ten games

But yes this morale boost thing can be OP Jg PZ IV now has 160 percent crew mastery with food and with max level can probably shoot forever with morale boost. Just imagine 4100 DPM AT TIER SIX.

DrFerd #39 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:02 PM

Certified BlitzWeather Forecaster

• Players
  • 36530 battles
  • [III-S]

/copies and pastes in lieu of finding original comment to quote

Good Memory and Furious Invader are the light tank bread and butter gameplay.

/agrees without reservation

YouTube & Blog  https://ferdsquad.com 

Afleet_Alex #40 Posted 16 November 2017 - 08:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 61254 battles

The "second chance" thing, I would be emptying my autotloader into the ground to activate the skill.

I like any more crew skills though, they would all be great.

Edited by obi__wan__shinobi, 16 November 2017 - 08:25 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users