Test quick tournament "Blitz Assault": feedback thread.

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

RexyComandante #1 Posted 20 November 2017 - 01:14 PM

Lance-corporal

• Administrator
  • 0 battles

Dear participants of test quick tournament "Blitz Assault"!

We ask you to leave feedback about new tournament format in this thread. At first we would like to see your opinion about next points:

1. Which kind of difficulties you were faced during the participation in the tournament?
  2. How much attempts you used?
  3. The maximum round you've reached by your team.
  4. Was is it clear for understanding how to participate in the tournaments?
  5. What was unclear or caused the questions for you?
  6. Other remarks and impression about quick tournament.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

Edited by RexyComandante, 29 November 2017 - 02:44 PM.

AVCM_AW #2 Posted 29 November 2017 - 05:32 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43285 battles
  • [RAIDR]
I like the format, and the spontaneity of it... the rewards seem less than desirable when a single individual can get more parts per day via small containers. ie; 1,500 divided by a seven man team yields 214 per tanker. multiply by 2 attempts per contest, 428 parts total.

Edited by AVCM_AW, 29 November 2017 - 08:21 PM.

Clan Lead - DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

jwill266 #3 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:39 PM

Private

• Players
  • 18907 battles
  • [GOLDX]

I think this is fabulous idea! One reason I  have not participated as much as I want in tournaments is my schedule. I don't want to commit to be there if I'm not sure I can  be. I hope this works out well. I will definitely participate.

Thanks

ScumbagJuJu #4 Posted 30 November 2017 - 01:42 PM

Community Scumbag

• Players
  • 23513 battles
  • [PRAMO]

View Postjwill266, on 30 November 2017 - 07:39 AM, said:

I think this is fabulous idea! One reason I  have not participated as much as I want in tournaments is my schedule. I don't want to commit to be there if I'm not sure I can  be. I hope this works out well. I will definitely participate.

Thanks

See, this man here gets the point of these quick tourneys! Enjoy bro and I hope to see you on the battlefield o7

2 Time Twister Cup NA Finalist

Las Vegas Mobile Masters Finalist

Too Many Tourney Championship Rings To Count

COBRAS

RogerBall72 #5 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:04 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24674 battles
  • [OWTF]
My clan is locked up. Even if we reboot the game, we can't get back in room or even play a regular battle. Like the concept though. 

1212_unconquerable #6 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:51 AM

Private

• Players
  • 20369 battles
  • [AWFTW]
I really like the tournament but the game glitched and would not let me use my prefered tanks in the battles. In the first tournament my Type 59 locked for the first set of games. On the second I lost both the type 59 and the T34. The rewards would be great if they would be increased. Overall I really like the idea and would love to see more of these implemented. A new tournament game mode would be nice!! Great job wargaming!!

Edited by 1212_unconquerable, 01 December 2017 - 03:55 AM.

shadowolf118 #7 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:53 AM

Private

• Players
  • 13599 battles
  • [AWFTW]
Well first off let me start by saying I liked the concept. I enjoyed having two tries and three chances per try. One problem I ran into the first time though was my my entire team had their chosen tanks locked up. That persisted throughout the entire first chance. The second chance we lost two tanks per player. This gave us bad chances against certain team layouts. The rewards were too small as well because they were split among the entire team. We also lost a game the first try because of the glitch. We didn’t realize what was going on until it was too late. This tournament concept was really cool though and I loved playing it. This game mode was better for clans with weaker players as well. 

Top_Shelf_Villain #8 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:14 AM

Private

• Players
  • 29195 battles
  • [KCCO]

As mentioned before by others, the clan and I can now participate in tournaments.  We did our first regular tournament this week only because I had vacation and the stars and moon lined up just right.  Tonight we had enough people on and were quick to put together a group, a couple people left and we made another group with half different players.  Our team made it to the third round then swept five in a row on the second attempt.  Having a full team helps...  Registering at least 12 hours ahead of a tourney caused us problems as beginners to the tourney scene.  Registering during the tourney was money.  Having the prizes equivalent to a daily mission would be nice.  I believe 2500 spare parts per team member upon winning the 5th battle is not out of line.  The only issue we encountered was the prize payout after winning the fifth battle, but the tourneys not over yet so we will see.  Please keep this format and enhance it for the casual player base and those who don’t have fixed schedules.  Maybe even use some of the registration parameters for the bronze, silver, and gold leagues.  I don’t see why it takes 12 hours to define brackets...  good job overall!

kalunticus #9 Posted 01 December 2017 - 04:50 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 20539 battles
  • [CAD1]

This was a lot of fun tonight winning first four, then came round 5 vs Dark_Magician_Girl and those expert assassins lol......even that 55 second battle was a learning experience on tactics and dying a glorious death 0-7.  Nice game!   And DMG, thanks for the advice you have given in the past. Much appreciated.      This concept is great, we had no glitches in our five battles.   But the best thing is we have had a hard time getting 9 people to set aside an hour two nights a week. We are mostly a bunch of old ex military types in our late 40's to late 50's. But in our chat room we had a dozen quickly  state  that they would play this type of tournament on a regular basis.  Wargaming catches a lot of flack here for some decisions....IMHO this one deserves an equal amount of praise. Well done......

Bank_CW #10 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:55 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 17628 battles
  • [DD-R]
I'd Like to see a Larger Team Roster Gives players a chance to rotate in and out for breaks and things that life throws at them Bring it up to 14 players, found the shuffle of teams more competitive. 

Knopka_NA #11 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostRogerBall72, on 01 December 2017 - 06:04 AM, said:

My clan is locked up. Even if we reboot the game, we can't get back in room or even play a regular battle. Like the concept though. 

View Post1212_unconquerable, on 01 December 2017 - 06:51 AM, said:

I really like the tournament but the game glitched and would not let me use my prefered tanks in the battles. In the first tournament my Type 59 locked for the first set of games. On the second I lost both the type 59 and the T34. The rewards would be great if they would be increased. Overall I really like the idea and would love to see more of these implemented. A new tournament game mode would be nice!! Great job wargaming!!

Thank you for the feedback, dear players.

Please provide an update: do the problems still take place?

Edited by Knopka_NA, 01 December 2017 - 09:08 AM.

_34 #12 Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:22 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° )

• Players
  • 20592 battles
  • [-TK]

The tournament was a blast! It was very fun and dynamic to be able to play over and over with short wait time. Everyone on my team had a great time. We would like to see this expanded to other tiers, namely tier X.

My clan went through two tours of 5. The first time, we had issues readying up in the first tank we chose - and ended up not being able to use that tank for the rest of the tour. We couldn't figure this out for a while and lost some games as a result of not being able to ready up. aeven after figuring this out, it was still frustrating to change our tank lineup to compensate for this.

The second tour of 5 was better. We got our locked tanks back (although from what I'm reading, many clans did not) and played normally. The matchmaking, queue, and tournament room ran perfectly smoothly - great job on that!

After this second tour, we were not allowed to register for a third.

My clan and I enjoyed being able to play games rapidfire - it saved us from the boredom of waiting - like in Blitz Brawls. We also liked how we could do it at our own pace - so there's no obligation. I believe this will help promote more participation in the community, since there's less commitment for everyone.

Besides the glitch with locked tanks, our only real issue with the tournament was the prizing. I understand this was a test tournament - so hopefully you guys will adjust them. I got around 200 spare parts and 70,000 credits from the first round (haven't checked for the second) - that's pretty weak sauce, even for about 30 minutes of action.

I would like to see this type of tournament held weekly! It's a nice casual break from the more serious Blitz Brawl tournaments. I hope you guys can fix these small issues pretty quickly, so we can see these tournaments introduced ASAP! :^)

RogerBall72 #13 Posted 01 December 2017 - 12:36 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24674 battles
  • [OWTF]

It's the morning after and my team is still locked up. By rebooting, we can get into the garage where our tournament tanks are marked "Ready" and we can't start a normal battle with another tank. It seems like the game thinks we're still in the tournament.  Of note, when the lockup happened, the count down timer started counting up. 

Tickets have been submitted. 

Knopka_NA #14 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:28 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostRogerBall72, on 01 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

It's the morning after and my team is still locked up. By rebooting, we can get into the garage where our tournament tanks are marked "Ready" and we can't start a normal battle with another tank. It seems like the game thinks we're still in the tournament.  Of note, when the lockup happened, the count down timer started counting up. 

Thank you for an update. We are looking for solution.

Rivervally_Tom #15 Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:40 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 7953 battles
  • [101A]

In the regular tournament after the test tournament started we noticed some glitches. Both teams put up lag messages in the first battle, and before the second battle started we could not switch tanks. In the remaining battles we still noticed some lag. We also had lag entering into the battle. I'm not sure if these issues were the result of the test tournament, but this seemed like the thread to post this on. 

Edited by Rivervally_Tom, 01 December 2017 - 02:58 PM.

Knopka_NA #16 Posted 01 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostRogerBall72, on 01 December 2017 - 03:36 PM, said:

Please check your account, tanks of your team were unlocked.

AVCM_AW #17 Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:27 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 43285 battles
  • [RAIDR]

This was super fun, format wise. Appreciate the change leading towards the spontaneity and control lying with the participating team

We had one glitch at the end of our second go that wouldn't let us quit the tournament. It self resolved at 0530 the next morning and prizing was released to us then.

I would like to see more room on the rosters to allow for more of the clan to participate.

Other than the prizing format, nice job... thanks.

o7

Clan Lead - DD Raiders [RAIDR]

Retired Sailor - Liberty Call, Liberty Call...

(ML-20 mod.1931/37 spewing HE can do a lot for your day)

RogerBall72 #18 Posted 01 December 2017 - 07:50 PM

Private

• Players
  • 24674 battles
  • [OWTF]

Knopka, thanks.  My team is free.

I like the new approach as it allows more clan members to play in tournaments. Clan matchmaking was tough on us as we were totally outclassed by our 2 opposing teams. It would be nice to at least see the overall team WR once matched to get a quick insight into the red team. Once implemented, I hope we will still be able to opt into different tier classes like we now have with regular tournaments. 

Thanks again for your help. 

donnerG #19 Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:19 PM

Private

• Players
  • 37543 battles
  • [DONE]

We had a great time playing this new tournament. Rapid fire fun. Loved not spending a half hour waiting for next round. I was able to cycle my tanks but my wife was stuck in her ISU152 for every map and she would have preferred a quicker firing gun for certain maps. The prizes were meh when we divided them up so please look at increasing rewards. We got to round 5 twice with one loss in the first and two in the second. 

Well done WG. Keep looking at improving this great game.

TFWorld_Jenn #20 Posted 02 December 2017 - 12:58 AM

Spreadsheet Queen

• Players
  • 21206 battles
  • [-BA-]

View PostRexyComandante, on 20 November 2017 - 07:14 AM, said:

Dear participants of test quick tournament "Blitz Assault"!

We ask you to leave feedback about new tournament format in this thread. At first we would like to see your opinion about next points:

1. Which kind of difficulties you were faced during the participation in the tournament?  We did not have any difficulties
  2. How much attempts you used? We did one attempt
  3. The maximum round you've reached by your team.  We reached round 5
  4. Was is it clear for understanding how to participate in the tournaments?  Yes
  5. What was unclear or caused the questions for you? N/A
  6. Other remarks and impression about quick tournament.  We loved how fast paced it was and that we played a different clan each battle.  We would choose this type of tournament over the Blitz Brawl.  The prizes were pretty poor, but hopefully that was because it was a test.

Thank you in advance for your feedback!

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users