Test quick tournament "Blitz Assault": feedback thread.

• Please log in to reply
49 replies to this topic

Dark_Magician_Girl #21 Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:54 PM

#1 Reroll NA

• Players
  • 24473 battles
  • [SRT]

View Post_34, on 01 December 2017 - 07:22 AM, said:

The tournament was a blast! It was very fun and dynamic to be able to play over and over with short wait time. Everyone on my team had a great time. We would like to see this expanded to other tiers, namely tier X.

My clan went through two tours of 5. The first time, we had issues readying up in the first tank we chose - and ended up not being able to use that tank for the rest of the tour. We couldn't figure this out for a while and lost some games as a result of not being able to ready up. aeven after figuring this out, it was still frustrating to change our tank lineup to compensate for this.

The second tour of 5 was better. We got our locked tanks back (although from what I'm reading, many clans did not) and played normally. The matchmaking, queue, and tournament room ran perfectly smoothly - great job on that!

After this second tour, we were not allowed to register for a third.

My clan and I enjoyed being able to play games rapidfire - it saved us from the boredom of waiting - like in Blitz Brawls. We also liked how we could do it at our own pace - so there's no obligation. I believe this will help promote more participation in the community, since there's less commitment for everyone.

Besides the glitch with locked tanks, our only real issue with the tournament was the prizing. I understand this was a test tournament - so hopefully you guys will adjust them. I got around 200 spare parts and 70,000 credits from the first round (haven't checked for the second) - that's pretty weak sauce, even for about 30 minutes of action.

I would like to see this type of tournament held weekly! It's a nice casual break from the more serious Blitz Brawl tournaments. I hope you guys can fix these small issues pretty quickly, so we can see these tournaments introduced ASAP! :^)

I am now the #1 ranked E75 on the NA server!

Advansed_Shot #22 Posted 04 December 2017 - 05:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 24827 battles
  • [PNCR]

I absolutely loved this type of tournament. It was extremely fun to play with my clan mates. The is just one problem, sometimes we would face a team that has the minimum requirements to (I.e. they only have 5 tanks) and we would have all 7. If you can fix that so it can be even for both teams, that would be great. (Make the matchmaker find two teams that both have the same number of people)

I would like to see this type of tournament in other tiers such as 6, 7, and 10. Also, if this can take place at the same time as regular tournaments that would be fantastic. Other than that it was extrodanary fun to be a part of. 

Edited by Advansed_Shot, 04 December 2017 - 06:00 AM.

Dixie_Flyer #23 Posted 04 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 32388 battles
Quick tourneys were a blast just get a group of guys on and get on the tourney no planning just have fun. My team won our quick tourney. Liked how it was random didn't know the other clan till the last minute.

Adjman90 #24 Posted 05 December 2017 - 04:53 PM

Private

• Players
  • 28876 battles
  • [DONE]
Lots of fun....entire clan prefers this style over the standard....another wrinkle we would like to see is you don't know what types of tanks your opponent has until you spot them in the game...so only show their name....could be fun and see more unusual tactics.

_Tony_51_ #25 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:22 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2808 battles
  • [33738]
I was great but I would like to see more tiers add to it.

_Tony_51_ #26 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:35 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2808 battles
  • [33738]

My clan liked it more than the current system. It’s also easi to register and participate in.

_Tony_51_ #27 Posted 06 December 2017 - 06:38 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2808 battles
  • [33738]

View Postjwill266, on 30 November 2017 - 01:39 PM, said:

I think this is fabulous idea! One reason I  have not participated as much as I want in tournaments is my schedule. I don't want to commit to be there if I'm not sure I can  be. I hope this works out well. I will definitely participate.

Thanks

I have this same problem with the current tournament system.

Knopka_NA #28 Posted 04 January 2018 - 09:14 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

The one more quick tournament has been published.

Please have a look, dear participants, and don't forget to submit your comments and share your opinion (it's very-very important for us to make quick tournaments better and release this feature).

Now there are 7 rounds (and more rewards for each run). You will play on Tier VI.

Create your team and enjoy your battles! We are keep waiting for more feedback from your side :)

Cheers!

PanzertroopenVT #29 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:08 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 6982 battles

View Postjwill266, on 30 November 2017 - 08:39 AM, said:

I think this is fabulous idea! One reason I  have not participated as much as I want in tournaments is my schedule. I don't want to commit to be there if I'm not sure I can  be. I hope this works out well. I will definitely participate.

Thanks

I assume 65% of the forum folk have JOBS that require a schedule that may or may not jive with the tourney schedules, great idea. 

I work in arbor culture, being 60ft up a central leader all day can make staying up till 11:30-1200 est at nite can be a chore if I want to be helpful and not yawning all through my battles. 

Edited by PanzertroopenVT, 04 January 2018 - 12:10 PM.

Panzerwaffe, later also Panzertruppe (German for "Armoured Force", "Armoured Arm" or "Tank Force". Waffe[combat] "arm") refers to a command within the Heer of the GermanWehrmacht, responsible for the affairs of panzer (tank) and motorized forces shortly before and during the Second World War

Michael_Obryan #30 Posted 04 January 2018 - 12:51 PM

Private

• Players
  • 2116 battles
  • [HUNG]

You don’t give enough reward for participating really 70 spare parts per player really all the money they make all the ,

money I spent about $1000 that’s all you can give you act like your giving away money 

Knopka_NA #31 Posted 04 January 2018 - 01:37 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostMichael_Obryan, on 04 January 2018 - 03:51 PM, said:

You don’t give enough reward for participating really 70 spare parts per player really all the money they make all the ,

money I spent about $1000 that’s all you can give you act like your giving away money 

It's a test period of quick tournaments so rewards are not so high. Anyway you have a few attempts to participate in this tournament and you may receive reward for each of them.

michaeltsoon #32 Posted 04 January 2018 - 08:28 PM

No.1 Gold-Slinging Unicum

• Players
  • 27658 battles
  • [HATED]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 04 January 2018 - 04:14 AM, said:

The one more quick tournament has been published.

Please have a look, dear participants, and don't forget to submit your comments and share your opinion (it's very-very important for us to make quick tournaments better and release this feature).

Now there are 7 rounds (and more rewards for each run). You will play on Tier VI.

Create your team and enjoy your battles! We are keep waiting for more feedback from your side :)

Cheers!

Even though WG has made a lot of horrible decisions recently, this one is simply brilliant.

Hats off to y'all for making this happen.

Current Data Analyst and Certified Gold Noob of [HATED] - Hated for a reason.

Founder of [PZ3] - Always Loyal, Always Fighting, Always Courageous. PZ3 will carry!

"War does not determine who is right, only who is left" - Bertrand Russell 

Click here to view my stats

LOUC71 #33 Posted 05 January 2018 - 04:59 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28472 battles
  • [AGOGO]
You should create and post tutorial videos that teach teams how to go through the entire process of the tournament. Start with creating and registering a team.  How to join the tourney room at the start.  How to navigate the process of getting ready. Show how the battles start. Then show how the process continues through the entire event.  You do these video for both type of tournaments.  Take the mystery away from it all

LOUC71 #34 Posted 05 January 2018 - 05:08 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 28472 battles
  • [AGOGO]
Can anyone answer this:     Do the teams have to consist of players from the same clan?   And.  Are you allowed to add players to your roster as the tournament progresses?

pazhekito #35 Posted 05 January 2018 - 08:30 AM

Private

• Players
  • 2002 battles
  • [ZUFA]
Hi, i really want to participate in the tournament. But i can't cause I'm busy on Fridays. I hope see any tournament like that on Saturday o Sunday... I'm sure this is a great and fun idea. Thanks 

Knopka_NA #36 Posted 05 January 2018 - 11:29 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 5 battles

View PostLOUC71, on 05 January 2018 - 07:59 AM, said:

You should create and post tutorial videos that teach teams how to go through the entire process of the tournament. Start with creating and registering a team. How to join the tourney room at the start. How to navigate the process of getting ready. Show how the battles start. Then show how the process continues through the entire event. You do these video for both type of tournaments. Take the mystery away from it all

Which moments are most hard to understand how to compete? Could you please describe them?

View PostLOUC71, on 05 January 2018 - 08:08 AM, said:

Can anyone answer this: Do the teams have to consist of players from the same clan? And. Are you allowed to add players to your roster as the tournament progresses?

Yes, all team members should contain in the same clan.

Are you allowed to add players to your roster as the tournament progresses? - nope.

Lt_Dan3 #37 Posted 06 January 2018 - 02:52 AM

Private

• Players
  • 40105 battles
  • [MOB]
Our clan completed Tour#1 and waited over 15 minutes for Tour#2 to start and it never did. We did pause once after Tour#1 was completed, waited over 15 minutes, paused again to see if that would help to get us back into the battles and it never did. The timer just keeps ticking away. I finally hit "Surrender" and it took us out of the tournament. Couple clan members gave up and signed off after this mess, if they show back up before it's all over I'll try and add us back into the tournament again.

DaugerDude #38 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:33 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21401 battles
  • [17CAV]

How does one join a team in this Quick Tournament?  I see dozens of 1-player teams but I don’t see a join button, and I don’t see instructions in the “Details” link.

DaugerDude #39 Posted 06 January 2018 - 03:45 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 21401 battles
  • [17CAV]

View PostKnopka_NA, on 05 January 2018 - 03:29 AM, said:

Which moments are most hard to understand how to compete? Could you please describe them?

That’s the problem.  A player has never participated in a WoT tournament before can’t describe the “correct” procedure. 

For example, how does one join a team?  I see dozens of one-player teams right now, so it seems like they didn’t know how to join a team, so they each made one hoping someone else knew how to join.  The tutorial needs to address that absence of experience.  

CDINGEY #40 Posted 06 January 2018 - 04:09 AM

Lance-corporal

• Players
  • 13548 battles
  • [FRONT]

Our clan played in the quick tournament tonight.

All our player were on discord, and everyone really enjoyed this format.  

We played two events, two or three wins the first time.  Six wins the next time.

This is great, in the past your clan would get everyone together, get knocked out early and be finished for the night.  This way if can start again if you get knocked out early.  Also we really enjoyed the short wait time between games, I think the longest wait was between two and three minutes.   This is just what we want, a casual tournament night.  Well done! 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users