KV-13 Buff

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

AOT_Jaeger2 #1 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:40 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17215 battles
  • [ASLAN]

Ok first things first- I’m not bashing the KV-13. I do like this machine for the most part. I’ve already unlocked the IS through it for way cheaper (I don’t like the KV-1S) and I’m on my way to the T-43. Still, as much as I like the tank, I think it needs a buff. The DPM on the 85mm is...well a little underpowered, but fine given the alpha. The mobility...is bad, but justifiable given the armor (more on that in a moment). It’s kind of like a more Mobile IS, but with an 85mm gun. The armor is less effective than advertised, with several weakpoints that force the player to be creative.

...But this is all fine. The armor  just takes getting used to. The gun is ok. The mobility is still very decent. The main problem is how they combine. What you end up getting is a tank that struggles to keep up with other mediums, and has trouble dealing lots of damage unless it is in an extended firefight where it can outlast the opponent by using its armor. However, I think it needs a third turret. 

...Yeah so let me explain. The KV-13 is a historical tank, with several being produced in 1942 and 1943 as replacements to either the KV-1 or the T-34. Eventually it was decided the KV-13 wasn’t quite what the Soviets were looking for, and the project was scrapped. However, the KV-13 design went on to become the initial IS prototype.

When you think about this, it’s prostitution on the tech tree makes a lot more sense. However, I think the KV-13 can be made better by adding a second turret upgrade. This upgraded turret would lead to the IS, with the existing one being made to lead to the T-43. The existing turret would be the same, except with 6 degrees of gun depression and a fast traverse speed (~40 deg/s). The new turret would look more like a stock IS turret, larger and more heavily armored. The turret would traverse slower (30-35 deg/s) And have 4-5 deg of gun depression. This turret would in turn be able to mount the 100mm D10T gun. The aroF would be slow, about 4.50-5.00 rounds per minute, but the increased penetration and alpha would give this machine a more unique play style, a slower tank with more punch.

Now, I’ve already thought of some pros and cons to each turret, which would give players a diverse set of options when playing the KV-13.

Turret KV-13 (85mm)

Pros:

- More accurate gun 

- Quicker reload and aim time

- Better DPM

- Smaller turret, better for hulldown fighting

- Faster traverse and better dispersion

- Better Gun depression

Cons:

- Lower Alpha Gun 

- Less penetration

- Weaker armor

Turret KV-IS (100mm)

Pros:

- Higher alpha damage, better for peeking.

- Much better penetration

- Better armor

- Better short-term Damage output

- Getting the 100mm eases the stock grind for the IS

Cons:

- Worse accuracy and aim time

- Long reload and worse DPM

- Worse Gun Depression

- Worse traverse speed

- Larger target

So I’m sure some of you agree and disagree with his. It’s a rough idea, but perhaps WG might pick it up, who knows? I’d like to see this option, for the KV-13. What do you all think?

Edited by AOT_Jaeger2, 26 November 2017 - 09:41 PM.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Zuke76 #2 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

Get zuked

• Players
  • 17660 battles
  • [FL-TH]
I see 1 kv13 every 2 years :teethhappy:

Edited by Zuke76, 26 November 2017 - 09:49 PM.

Roll_Casket #3 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:49 PM

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Players
  • 29588 battles
  • [MSELF]

I think it's a very well spun idea.

Problem is that Wargaming would have to update the model and add in new statistics.

Christsean123 #4 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6097 battles
  • [MOMGA]

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 26 November 2017 - 03:40 PM, said:

Ok first things first- I’m not bashing the KV-13. I do like this machine for the most part. I’ve already unlocked the IS through it for way cheaper (I don’t like the KV-1S) and I’m on my way to the T-43. Still, as much as I like the tank, I think it needs a buff. The DPM on the 85mm is...well a little underpowered, but fine given the alpha. The mobility...is bad, but justifiable given the armor (more on that in a moment). It’s kind of like a more Mobile IS, but with an 85mm gun. The armor is less effective than advertised, with several weakpoints that force the player to be creative.

...But this is all fine. The armor  just takes getting used to. The gun is ok. The mobility is still very decent. The main problem is how they combine. What you end up getting is a tank that struggles to keep up with other mediums, and has trouble dealing lots of damage unless it is in an extended firefight where it can outlast the opponent by using its armor. However, I think it needs a third turret. 

...Yeah so let me explain. The KV-13 is a historical tank, with several being produced in 1942 and 1943 as replacements to either the KV-1 or the T-34. Eventually it was decided the KV-13 wasn’t quite what the Soviets were looking for, and the project was scrapped. However, the KV-13 design went on to become the initial IS prototype.

When you think about this, it’s prostitution on the tech tree makes a lot more sense. However, I think the KV-13 can be made better by adding a second turret upgrade. This upgraded turret would lead to the IS, with the existing one being made to lead to the T-43. The existing turret would be the same, except with 6 degrees of gun depression and a fast traverse speed (~40 deg/s). The new turret would look more like a stock IS turret, larger and more heavily armored. The turret would traverse slower (30-35 deg/s) And have 4-5 deg of gun depression. This turret would in turn be able to mount the 100mm D10T gun. The aroF would be slow, about 4.50-5.00 rounds per minute, but the increased penetration and alpha would give this machine a more unique play style, a slower tank with more punch.

Now, I’ve already thought of some pros and cons to each turret, which would give players a diverse set of options when playing the KV-13.

Turret KV-13 (85mm)

Pros:

- More accurate gun 

- Quicker reload and aim time

- Better DPM

- Smaller turret, better for hulldown fighting

- Faster traverse and better dispersion

- Better Gun depression

Cons:

- Lower Alpha Gun 

- Less penetration

- Weaker armor

Turret KV-IS (100mm)

Pros:

- Higher alpha damage, better for peeking.

- Much better penetration

- Better armor

- Better short-term Damage output

- Getting the 100mm eases the stock grind for the IS

Cons:

- Worse accuracy and aim time

- Long reload and worse DPM

- Worse Gun Depression

- Worse traverse speed

- Larger target

So I’m sure some of you agree and disagree with his. It’s a rough idea, but perhaps WG might pick it up, who knows? I’d like to see this option, for the KV-13. What do you all think?

Great info and idea. It makes sense bc the KV-13 has a very similar armor profile as the IS. What tier would you propose? I think the 100mm would make it a very desireable tank.

I’ve got an O-47 with Mecha Phoenix camo parked in my garage. ~ Hater’s Player

I’m still suffering from the transgressions of my noobhood. ~ 47%er

I buy tanks so you don’t have to. ~ Certified Wallet 

I got nothing for Black Friday ~ ChristSean

_The_Tactition_ #5 Posted 26 November 2017 - 09:55 PM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19491 battles
  • [CRU2L]
Man that was thought out. That is actually very viable. 

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Icecuber07 #6 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 13308 battles
  • [AUDAX]
I liked it. I think its fine. It has better armour than a kv1s sooooooo thats pretty good. 

Christsean123 #7 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:01 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6097 battles
  • [MOMGA]

I was actually thinking about purchasing my KV-13 and T-43 back. I played them when I was still very wet behind the ears. Still, I did ok for me during that time period. I did better in the KV-13 than I did in the T-43.

Does anyone think the T-43 is still a decent tier 7 med or is it lost in the premium pool of tier 7 tanks?

doonglerules #8 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:04 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 18603 battles
  • [FOE]
Nah lets just replace it with the T-34-100

AOT_Jaeger2 #9 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:15 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17215 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostChristsean123, on 26 November 2017 - 04:55 PM, said:

Great info and idea. It makes sense bc the KV-13 has a very similar armor profile as the IS. What tier would you propose? I think the 100mm would make it a very desireable tank.

It would stay where it is. Having the highest alpha of any Tier VII medium, along with its armor profile, would make it interesting to play, and a unique tank to drive.

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Christsean123 #10 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:21 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6097 battles
  • [MOMGA]

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 26 November 2017 - 04:15 PM, said:

It would stay where it is. Having the highest alpha of any Tier VII medium, along with its armor profile, would make it interesting to play, and a unique tank to drive.

It would be a really cool tank. I like the IS bc of its good blend of armor and mobility. I use it with both the 122mm and the 100mm depending on how I want to play it. 

wannabeunicum #11 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:22 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 34372 battles
  • [-MM]

Ferdi needs a buff first

I found the kv13 pretty fun.

SanguinaryDan #12 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:25 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16996 battles
  • [III-P]

I like the tank and the ideas quite a bit.  The only thing I’ve ever really found the 13 lacking was gun depression to be honest.  But that’s so Russian I expected it anyway.  It’s a much better tank than the T-43 even though slower.

I don’t know that WG would go for the idea of giving it a decent 100mm gun as then it pretty much negates any reason for the KV-1S to exist.  I imagine most of us would happily take a decently mobile and armored 100mm over the 122mm 1S every day.

The point of the game is to win.  The purpose of the game is to have fun.  They are not mutually exclusive.

Gavidoc01 #13 Posted 26 November 2017 - 10:54 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 39887 battles
  • [III]
I like the 13 as it currently is. Very capable medium. Of course I also like the t20. 

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Luc____ #14 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:26 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 8989 battles
It's not meant to be good. It's to make the grind from the IS-7 line to Russian Mediums line (or vice-versa) difficult. Just like the Churchill GC. That's all there is to it. Plus, you should only have to play it for a little while... 

Edited by lucbp36, 27 November 2017 - 12:27 AM.

"Newer Player"

I'm working to improve my winrate. Currently: 45% 46% 47% 48%  49% 50% 51%ish >>> 30 days is 60% ... Currently working to become a unicum, and all tips are appreciated!

QuiAudetVincit #15 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 7738 battles
  • [TX4LF]

View PostAOT_Jaeger2, on 26 November 2017 - 09:40 PM, said:

it’s prostitution on the tech tree makes a lot more sense. 

Dunno about y'all, but the KV-13 isn't the first tank I'd go to for illicit pleasure

ShootinSabot #16 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:46 AM

Excelling at Mediocrity

• Players
  • 19980 battles
  • [SPUDX]
I found the KV-13 to be a real struggle and the T-43 was not much better. I did manage to ace the T-43 but I am pretty sure I am going to throw the cover over it and put it up on blocks. The KV-13 will be a rehab project and once it gets to 50%, it will go up on blocks also. There are just way to many tanks at tier 7 that are more fun to drive to bother pulling either of these 2 out of the garage.
The proposed buff makes sense and would definitely make me take another look at the KV-13.

Full time Spud, part time potato 

Striving to be an Ambassador to help grow the game. 

theFANTASTICfox #17 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:32 AM

DRINK!

• Players
  • 21319 battles
  • [DD-R]

Replace KV-13 with Progrev-T

Spoiler

#4 in the LeKpz 41 (with TwisterCup camo), #6 in the M41 Walker-Bulldog, and #8 in the T37

This is what BlitzStars is reporting, so I might be reading something incorrectly...

Certified Anti-FV215b 183 Extremist

fabius1453 #18 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:45 AM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 28897 battles
  • [_NME_]
I really like that someone cares enough about the KV-13 to put all that effort into this. Great proposal.

The KV-13 is a weird orphan of a tank, that I will always have a soft spot for. I picked it up for fun while I was first grinding the Russian heavies when they introduced it, and it was one of the first higher tier tanks I started to do well in. Think I'm still top 400 or so on Blitzstars in it, IIRC.

More gun depression would do wonders for it, and help negate the power creep from all the tier VII premiums. Giving it more ability to go hull down would make its turret even more troll. And a high-alpha gun would be a nice complementary option for it. It's already a heavium in everything but the gun...

Christsean123 #19 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:51 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6097 battles
  • [MOMGA]
Then there’s the Rudy that gets my Battle button when I choose a tier 7 Russian med. it seems to have what it takes to get the victories.  I was looking at the KV-13 and T43 again bc of this thread. I seem to do better in the Rudy. In all fairness though, I played them two early in my dismal career. Not sure if I could do better now in them or the Rudy.

_The_Tactition_ #20 Posted 27 November 2017 - 03:25 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 19491 battles
  • [CRU2L]

View PostChristsean123, on 27 November 2017 - 01:51 AM, said:

Then there’s the Rudy that gets my Battle button when I choose a tier 7 Russian med. it seems to have what it takes to get the victories.  I was looking at the KV-13 and T43 again bc of this thread. I seem to do better in the Rudy. In all fairness though, I played them two early in my dismal career. Not sure if I could do better now in them or the Rudy.

The Rudy is a hell of a tank. It’s a more mobile T43 with less side armor. My go to credit grinder.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

My YouTube:https://m.youtube.com/channel/UChFwqqu30_epeLO0q-BKEFw 

Give us the IRON CROSS

Also tagged with KV-13, Buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users