• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

AOT_Jaeger2 #21 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:18 PM

Dazed and Confused

• Players
  • 17683 battles
  • [ASLAN]

View PostSanguinaryDan, on 26 November 2017 - 05:25 PM, said:

I like the tank and the ideas quite a bit.  The only thing I’ve ever really found the 13 lacking was gun depression to be honest.  But that’s so Russian I expected it anyway.  It’s a much better tank than the T-43 even though slower.

I don’t know that WG would go for the idea of giving it a decent 100mm gun as then it pretty much negates any reason for the KV-1S to exist.  I imagine most of us would happily take a decently mobile and armored 100mm over the 122mm 1S every day.

View PostShootinSabot, on 26 November 2017 - 07:46 PM, said:

I found the KV-13 to be a real struggle and the T-43 was not much better. I did manage to ace the T-43 but I am pretty sure I am going to throw the cover over it and put it up on blocks. The KV-13 will be a rehab project and once it gets to 50%, it will go up on blocks also. There are just way to many tanks at tier 7 that are more fun to drive to bother pulling either of these 2 out of the garage.
The proposed buff makes sense and would definitely make me take another look at the KV-13.

View Postfabius1453, on 26 November 2017 - 08:45 PM, said:

I really like that someone cares enough about the KV-13 to put all that effort into this. Great proposal.

The KV-13 is a weird orphan of a tank, that I will always have a soft spot for. I picked it up for fun while I was first grinding the Russian heavies when they introduced it, and it was one of the first higher tier tanks I started to do well in. Think I'm still top 400 or so on Blitzstars in it, IIRC.

More gun depression would do wonders for it, and help negate the power creep from all the tier VII premiums. Giving it more ability to go hull down would make its turret even more troll. And a high-alpha gun would be a nice complementary option for it. It's already a heavium in everything but the gun...

All of thee kind of sum up my thoughts on the KV 13. I want to like it, but some aspects (the gun depression and mediocre damage output) really make me want something more. I’d think that buffing the gun depression on the standard turret upgrade would replace this issue. The second turret would sacrifice said gun depression for more firepower

Garage: T7 CC, R35, Light VIC, Tetrarch, M4A2E4, PzKpfw. IV Anko SP, KV-2, Strv. 74A2, LTTB, SU-122-44, IS-3, IS-5, KV-5, Lowe.

Was #24 VK 30.01 (P) Player in NA, #32 in Luchs

Stats:http://www.blitzstar...com/AOT_Jaeger2

Youtuber? I guess?

Christsean123 #22 Posted 27 November 2017 - 12:54 PM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 6152 battles
  • [MOMGA]
You can get a real idea of how his suggested tank would play by running the IS with the 100mm gun. I believe It’s slighly slower than OP’s idea tank, but certainly very similar. I’m sure it would be more accepted than when I play my IS without the 122mm gun. Many comment that the 122 is the gun to use, but the IS is so quick for a heavy that I enjoy using it as a heavium with the 100mm. I do just as well with the 100 as I do with the 122, but only bc I switch my play styles. The KV-13-100 would force you to play the proper play style.

I’ve got an O-47 with Mecha Phoenix camo parked in my garage. ~ Hater’s Player

I’m still suffering from the transgressions of my noobhood. ~ 47%er

I buy tanks so you don’t have to. ~ Certified Wallet 

I got nothing for Black Friday ~ ChristSean

__Crusader6__ #23 Posted 27 November 2017 - 01:09 PM

Annoying Mod

• Players
  • 58763 battles
  • [-C6-]

KV-13 has been OP for a long time. 

It’s issues being mobility and the Gun.  

75% WR in 171 games 

Giving it a better Gun needs to come at a significant DPM nerf.  

Tank Hoarder: 381 tanks in Garage:  370/383 aced (Mk1 Heavy and T49A repo),    wallet warrior.  Loyal M60 owner

Sorry I haven’t aced the Smasher yet - So I’m still ruining tier 6-8 

Gavidoc01 #24 Posted 27 November 2017 - 02:02 PM

Platinum Card Wallet Warrior

• Players
  • 40958 battles
  • [III]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 27 November 2017 - 08:09 AM, said:

KV-13 has been OP for a long time. 

It’s issues being mobility and the Gun.  

75% WR in 171 games 

Giving it a better Gun needs to come at a significant DPM nerf.  

I wouldn't say it's OP Cru. It's a very strong tank even in today's meta though. It has the same gun as the T-43 and the Rudy and the same horse power. What it has going for it is armor. The KV-13 is very similar to the Mod 1 at Tier VIII. It's not designed to go fast. It's designed to be the slower medium that comes up behind the faster mediums to provide added armor. If you wiggle the KV-13 it is very capable of bouncing or eating shots from them. 

What it is lacking is the extra punch required for the armor and in this I agree with Cru. Let it roll with a 100mm but decrease the dpm.

My Blitzstars

I'm a Platinum Card Wallet Warrior.

You’re welcome for supporting the game. 

Also tagged with KV-13, Buff

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users