For those anime fans...GuP: Das Finale is around the corner!

Girls und Panzer GuP Anime

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

Poll: GuP: Das Finale opinions (14 members have cast votes)

You have to complete 5 battles in order to participate this poll.

Are you excited for Girls und Panzer: Das Finale!

1. HELL YEAH!!! (6 votes [42.86%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 42.86%

2. No (8 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

Do you think that this is the way for the developers to say farewell to the franchise?

1. NOOOOOO... DON'T GO!!!! (5 votes [35.71%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 35.71%

2. Yes (9 votes [64.29%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 64.29%

Vote Hide poll

Yuno_Gasai__ #1 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:22 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3763 battles
  • [DBTB]
GuP: Das Finale is around the corner! I was definitely hoping that there would be another GuP tank to commemorate its release but maybe I guess it's too early or something. Aside from that, I'm excited about this new 6-episode OVA that they'll eventually release. 

What concerns me tho is... Is this the last GuP in the series and after that, GuP gets scrapped? Well hence that it is called GuP Das Finale, I'm thinking that it's something like the developers wanna say farewell to the fanbase that goes "Farewell to GuP" or "Thank you for watching us (the anime)."

Any thoughts?

Edited by Yuno_Gasai__, 05 December 2017 - 10:22 PM.

My Youtube Channel: KunieOG 
K.OG Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/tY8g4F3
"YUNO 3:16 SAYS I JUST TORE YOUR LIMBS"

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #2 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:24 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]
I am glad to see another piece of the GuP franchise. However, I do fear this may be the end of the GuP anime. Maybe WG will do another GuP event following it's release. Maybe? I can only hope...

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order. That is the way of Nishizumi-ryu." -Maho Nishizumi

Yuno_Gasai__ #3 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:31 PM

Junior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3763 battles
  • [DBTB]

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 06 December 2017 - 06:24 AM, said:

I am glad to see another piece of the GuP franchise. However, I do fear this may be the end of the GuP anime. Maybe WG will do another GuP event following it's release. Maybe? I can only hope...

It's something that I didn't wanna hope for... I was thinking they'd do a Season 2 or even do a spin-off by featuring other universities like St. Gloriana.
My Youtube Channel: KunieOG 
K.OG Community Discord Server: https://discord.gg/tY8g4F3
"YUNO 3:16 SAYS I JUST TORE YOUR LIMBS"

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #4 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:33 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View PostYuno_Gasai__, on 05 December 2017 - 05:31 PM, said:

It's something that I didn't wanna hope for... I was thinking they'd do a Season 2 or even do a spin-off by featuring other universities like St. Gloriana.

I meant I wan hoping for another WoTB event. Of course I dont wanna see gup go, and I would like to see more of the small school's battles only mentioned in manga shown on screen. Can't have it all though I guess...

"Hit the target when you fire, let your defences be of iron, and advance in perfect order. That is the way of Nishizumi-ryu." -Maho Nishizumi

Ookla_the_Mok #5 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:50 PM

Team Brisket

• Players
  • 22853 battles
  • [BRSKT]

Say farewell to the show by saying farewell to the tanks in the game. 

Poof. Gone. Forever.

Perfect.

Chariot_Solace #6 Posted 05 December 2017 - 10:57 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 18781 battles
  • [IRD]
I'm not a fan of anime, but the GuP tanks are good additions to the game since they're real tanks just reskinned. I think to commemorate this event, they should introduce a GuP Panther and give it the gun and turret it actually used and put it at tier six like they did with the Kuro. Ausf G turret and Kwk 42 L/70 gun. Then we could play the real Panther without the goofy turret and Pinocchio gun in it's natural environment against T34s and M4s with armor that actually works. They did it for the Tiger, they should do it for the Panther as well.

"Let us conduct ourselves so that all men wish to be our friends, and all fear to be our enemies."

-Alexander The Great

Tier Xs; E100, E50M, JgPzE100, Maus. Lines I'm Grinding: Grille(IX), IS7(VIII), STB-1(VII), AMX50B(VIII) Favorite Tank: E75. Top 100 Tanks: AMX M4 45, ARL 44, IS-2Sh, Chi-To

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #7 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:06 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 05 December 2017 - 05:57 PM, said:

I'm not a fan of anime, but the GuP tanks are good additions to the game since they're real tanks just reskinned. I think to commemorate this event, they should introduce a GuP Panther and give it the gun and turret it actually used and put it at tier six like they did with the Kuro. Ausf G turret and Kwk 42 L/70 gun. Then we could play the real Panther without the goofy turret and Pinocchio gun in it's natural environment against T34s and M4s with armor that actually works. They did it for the Tiger, they should do it for the Panther as well.

Good idea.

ST_G_GC_Rosehip #8 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:34 PM

Private

• Players
  • 478 battles
  • [DBTB]
What I had in mind was an event where you could unlock various camos for the tanks, i.e: Rabbit Team camo for the M3 Lee, Kuromorimine camo for the Maus, etc. I really liked what WG did with the Chi-Ha-Tan Ha-Go camo. None the less I'm sad to see the animated films end. I want to see more biased St. Gloriana tankery amazing WWII-era tanks duking it out in anime-form.

~リミターを外すわよ!~

Crusading 24/7 @ 45km/h

"Oof" - Literally everyone in the DBTB Discord chat

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #9 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:54 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View PostST_G_GC_Rosehip, on 05 December 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

What I had in mind was an event where you could unlock various camos for the tanks, i.e: Rabbit Team camo for the M3 Lee, Kuromorimine camo for the Maus, etc. I really liked what WG did with the Chi-Ha-Tan Ha-Go camo. None the less I'm sad to see the animated films end. I want to see more biased St. Gloriana tankery amazing WWII-era tanks duking it out in anime-form.

Unlike you, I appreciate the iron personality of Kuromorimine's waifu Maho. Looks like you have learning to do my friend.

fsidesmith #10 Posted 05 December 2017 - 11:57 PM

Average Sergeant

• Players
  • 18654 battles
  • [KAIJU]

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 05 December 2017 - 06:06 PM, said:

Good idea.

Love the Blake sig. My fave character. 

View PostST_G_GC_Rosehip, on 05 December 2017 - 06:34 PM, said:

Agreed: the $4.99 GuP Type 95 Ha-Go camo was rad. WG needs more of this. I would be super-pumped if they did this kind of offer for the Finale release. I would love to see a GuP camo for the Stug III.

BTW...where can I get a copy of GuP der Film? Sentai Filmworks has been out of copies forever.

"MEDIOCRITY AT ITS FINEST!!!"                     Signature by Panbun

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #11 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:00 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View Postfsidesmith, on 05 December 2017 - 06:57 PM, said:

Agreed: the $4.99 GuP Type 95 Ha-Go camo was rad. WG needs more of this. I would be super-pumped if they did this kind of offer for the Finale release. I would love to see a GuP camo for the Stug III.

BTW...where can I get a copy of GuP der Film? Sentai Filmworks has been out of copies forever.

Same. Although I like Emerald as well...

As for Der Film, it's been out on kissanime for a while...

http://kissanime.ru/...nd-Panzer-Movie

Pittoors_ #12 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:16 AM

Killer Queen has already touched this forum title

• Players
  • 27417 battles
  • [MAHOU]

As long as it brings easy to grind and somewhat historical premium tanks, cool. Otherwise, not interested. I watched the show and the first movie, and while I didn't dislike them, it's not something I would watch again.

I would have enjoyed GuP much more if the people who drive the tanks weren't little girls. But I guess the show wouldn't be special anymore.

I also play Tetris

Current garage: M48A1 Patton, Leopard 1, E 50 Ausf. M, T-62A, M46 Patton, M103, Jagdtiger, IS-5, Spahpanzer Ru 251, T-54 Lightweight, T23E3, M41 Walker Bulldog, SU-152, Type 62, Van HelsingKuro Mori MineAC IV Sentinel, SU-100YStridsvagn 74A2, T37, Jagdpanzer IV, KV-2, AMX 12t, ARL 44, Panzer IV Anko SP, Churchill III, Panzer IV, T-34, AMX ELC Bis, Hetzer Kame SP, DW 2, Panzer S35, BT-SV, BT-7 Artillery, SU-76i, T-15M3 LightT2 Light & T7 Combat Car.

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #13 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:18 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View PostPittoors_, on 05 December 2017 - 07:16 PM, said:

As long as it brings easy to grind and somewhat historical premium tanks, cool. Otherwise, not interested. I watched the show and the first movie, and while I didn't dislike them, it's not something I would watch again.

I would have enjoyed GuP much more if the people who drive the tanks weren't little girls. But I guess the show wouldn't be special anymore.

Yeah, that's most anime for u... All of the tanks in GuP are historical and most are in game, so at least a skin that was earn-able would be nice.

_The_Tactition_ #14 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:28 AM

The Best Tactician

• Players
  • 16828 battles
  • [CRUEL]
It’s a good way to end since it’s ending. Although I love my KMM.

Member of the Training Room Police Department

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #15 Posted 06 December 2017 - 12:35 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]

View Post_The_Tactition_, on 05 December 2017 - 07:28 PM, said:

It’s a good way to end since it’s ending. Although I love my KMM.

Same. Mastered it in the 2nd game i ever played in it. XD.

fsidesmith #16 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:16 AM

Average Sergeant

• Players
  • 18654 battles
  • [KAIJU]

View Post_Maho_Nishizumi_212, on 05 December 2017 - 07:00 PM, said:

Same. Although I like Emerald as well...

As for Der Film, it's been out on kissanime for a while...

http://kissanime.ru/...nd-Panzer-Movie

kissanime. Arigato!

_Maho_Nishizumi_212 #17 Posted 06 December 2017 - 11:34 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4828 battles
  • [A-R-C]
Yeah. GL!

cheasesteak #18 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:10 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 16585 battles
  • [DOGZ]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 05 December 2017 - 10:57 PM, said:

​Love to see this, so long as the camo is like the KMM, which is very close to 1942 German desert colors.  Don't give me any bizarre paint schemes.  Better yet, give me the tier 6 panther and make the anime camo an option, not a requirement.  Keep normal crew voices as well. 

Overpriced Lackey to the Barons of Entrenched Corporate Greed

Ruby_Rose_ #19 Posted 06 December 2017 - 02:11 PM

I don't need help growing up! I Drink Milk!

• Players
  • 10063 battles
  • [-TKKS]

View Postfsidesmith, on 05 December 2017 - 07:57 PM, said:

:hiding:

Made by Panbun

"Efficiency is Just Clever Laziness" 

Want a RWBY signature? Here

fsidesmith #20 Posted 06 December 2017 - 03:20 PM

Average Sergeant

• Players
  • 18654 battles
  • [KAIJU]

View PostRuby_Rose_, on 06 December 2017 - 09:11 AM, said:

:hiding:

I love Ruby too, Ruby_Rose_. I know you know that.

Blake’s dark, quiet book-smarts...her black ensemble...cool weapons that include dual katanas with a whip. It works for me.

edit: Blake has only one katana...and a cleaver, a pistol, and a kusarigama. I just learned The kusarigama is a traditional Japanese weapon that consists of a kama (the Japanese equivalent of a sickle) on a kusari-fundo – a type of metal chain (kusari) with a heavy iron weight (fundo) at the end.

Party!

Edited by fsidesmith, 06 December 2017 - 05:32 PM.

Also tagged with Girls und Panzer, GuP, Anime

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users