Upcoming balance adjustments

• Please log in to reply
1541 replies to this topic

Vantablack12 #1361 Posted 17 February 2020 - 02:42 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 13984 battles
  • [K9]

In 6.9 can you guys implement a forum link in-game; maybe under the social media links?

I think it would direct more players here. Here they can watch things like Meat Locker's Lameplays, Tankist22's mastery games, and DMG's guides to help better themselves. I think this would contribute greatly to the playerbase, but you can't just add it and leave it there; you have to recommend it to the players. What say you Ribble?

Edited by Vantablack12, 17 February 2020 - 02:47 PM.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Texas_Tyrant #1362 Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:23 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9665 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 17 February 2020 - 05:07 AM, said:

Recognize? It's a fact for every game based on teamplay. There were, there are and there always will be players who don't care about anything. 

But as you might notice we made a couple of tutorials recently. This is what we will keep doing in future. 

What tutorials? I haven't seen any videos except for WG adds to buy stuff. What videos???? There is literally nothing but videos for stuff y'all sell that I have seen. I would enjoy seeing these tutorials! As said above, a link to the forums in game is an excellent idea.

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Vantablack12 #1363 Posted 17 February 2020 - 06:59 PM

Professional Idiot

• Players
  • 13984 battles
  • [K9]

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 February 2020 - 01:23 PM, said:

What tutorials? I haven't seen any videos except for WG adds to buy stuff. What videos???? There is literally nothing but videos for stuff y'all sell that I have seen. I would enjoy seeing these tutorials! As said above, a link to the forums in game is an excellent idea.

They have tutorials on Youtube, but they were made for WOT PC.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

RibbleStripe #1364 Posted 18 February 2020 - 10:57 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 252 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 17 February 2020 - 09:23 PM, said:

Here and here

tanker070 #1365 Posted 18 February 2020 - 01:18 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 58403 battles
  • [SKXLL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 18 February 2020 - 04:57 AM, said:

Here and here

One is about ATGMS and other is about those new consumables.

That's tier 7 and up man.

Missing the majority of people bellow.

Basics is probably needed next.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

wannabeunicum #1366 Posted 18 February 2020 - 03:45 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 39622 battles
  • [-MM]
Wg really good job on the atgm tutorial. Really no major youtuber actually made a guide.

p30_1 #1367 Posted 18 February 2020 - 07:43 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 35249 battles
Will WG EVER GET THE BALANCE RIGHT AND MOVE ON TO OTHER ASPECTS OF THIS GAME ????? 5+ years later 

boris55555 #1368 Posted 18 February 2020 - 09:54 PM

Honary Doctor of Meh

• Players
  • 28279 battles
  • [MINC]

Here’s a balance adjustment: you are foolish

for not fixing the broken missile mechanic. You’re driving players alway. Do you not see the people’s reaction? Lord, what is wrong at wg?you really are all playing Minecraft 

:amazed:6.7/6.8/6.9/6.10/7.0 now we have LAME tanks w broken mechanic “Balancing” Missile tanks is a joke.
WATCH THE SPRING MISSILE TOURNAMENTS; SUPERHEAVIES & TRICK SHOTS. Top down non los magic “situational” missiles on a LAME platform is STILL poorly thought out. Urrrrgggg 

Texas_Tyrant #1369 Posted 18 February 2020 - 11:25 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9665 battles
  • [UTC]

Here and here

Good job! You got guides for people! Starting at tier 7 for consumables and tier 9 for missiles. :facepalm:

People need basics! Guides on tactics etc.

People are getting guides which are pretty much worthless, that don't start until they are high up. We need the guides for people to see while at lower tiers that teach the fundamentals. Not videos on fad items. Missiles and cons conumables are a fad.  

Texas_Tyrant #1370 Posted 19 February 2020 - 04:48 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9665 battles
  • [UTC]
@RibbleStipe can you comment on Israeli tanks? What do we need to get WG staff interested/up the chain? Just putting your opinion will be valued! :)

RibbleStripe #1371 Posted 19 February 2020 - 07:54 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 252 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 19 February 2020 - 02:25 AM, said:

Good job! You got guides for people! Starting at tier 7 for consumables and tier 9 for missiles. :facepalm:

People need basics! Guides on tactics etc.

People are getting guides which are pretty much worthless, that don't start until they are high up. We need the guides for people to see while at lower tiers that teach the fundamentals. Not videos on fad items. Missiles and cons conumables are a fad.  

We have made guides for most recent vital changes in game mechanics. As i said before, we'll keep doing that.

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 19 February 2020 - 07:48 AM, said:

@RibbleStipe can you comment on Israeli tanks? What do we need to get WG staff interested/up the chain? Just putting your opinion will be valued! :)

To be honest we don't consider them for near future because there are enough more suitable tanks. 

Texas_Tyrant #1372 Posted 19 February 2020 - 01:59 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 9665 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 February 2020 - 01:54 AM, said:

We have made guides for most recent vital changes in game mechanics. As i said before, we'll keep doing that.

To be honest we don't consider them for near future because there are enough more suitable tanks. 

What is not unique about them? Every other nation is copies from Russia, US, etc. Israeli tanks is what the gamers want to see and are unique! 

What about premium Israeli tanks? I'd open my wallet to those!

Chariot_Solace #1373 Posted 22 February 2020 - 04:05 AM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 50341 battles
  • [_STR8]

WG: “We can’t see how to make Japanese heavy tanks work in Blitz.”

They’re just heavies with thick flat armor and big guns. We already have some of those. More won’t hurt anything. 

Also WG: “We can’t see how to make Swedish tank destroyers work in Blitz.”

They’re just tank destroyers with hydropneumatic suspension. You could eliminate the siege mode mechanic entirely if you wanted to and make the suspension function automatically in place of gun depression. Not that that’s even necessary. There are multiple ways to make siege mode work in Blitz as well.

Also Also WG: “We think light tanks with tank destroyer fire power, high penetration APCR rounds, best in class mobility, and super high pen guided missiles that allow you to farm damage from behind cover with zero risk to yourself, and which make armor and tactics the game was built on irrelevant....are a great idea!  This will be big improvement for the game and bring more fun to all players everywhere!! Yay!!!” So instead you add these tanks that totally break the paradigm of the game.

:amazed::facepalm::amazed::facepalm:

Your logic is beyond ridiculous. Like for real.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 24 February 2020 - 10:09 PM.

Garage: 199 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 77 Premiums: 73 Aced: 261/266

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

RibbleStripe #1374 Posted 23 February 2020 - 12:49 PM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 252 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 19 February 2020 - 04:59 PM, said:

What is not unique about them? Every other nation is copies from Russia, US, etc. Israeli tanks is what the gamers want to see and are unique! 

What about premium Israeli tanks? I'd open my wallet to those!

Why do you consider them needed in Blitz? What will they bring in your opinion? 

Death__Valley #1375 Posted 23 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21922 battles

Here and here

Honest question RibbleStripe, did WG developers actually even consider removing the lookout bar or making the ATGM line of sight from gunner to target?

I still maintain these tanks are broken, and I want to come back to Blitz, but I won't until the ATGM rounds are fixed. And quite frankly, this update didn’t really fix the biggest issue, it just game the T92 a mild nerf and a slight nerf to the HEAT round.

The Shillelagh ATGM was IR controlled and needed line of sight to work, so I don't understand why WG made them more OP then they ever were in real life. And while I maintain they really need a 2 to 3 second buffer before the guidance system activates, I could see myself playing if they required LOS to target and fixed the lookout bar issue.

Edited by zcostilla, 24 February 2020 - 06:13 PM.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

rosgrim #1376 Posted 24 February 2020 - 05:20 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 88168 battles
  • [COD]

after several battles I would say: the nerfs were irrelevant.

Neither the change of armor for the t92 changed much (the profile of the armor itself make it too strong).

Not talking again about the gun and the missile mechanics since you will realize (I hope so) that something still doesn't work.

But also It is unacceptable that a light tank is almost "immune" to HE and has that kind of survival capacity. It doesn't make sense even considering they are the following tank of t49 in the tech line: those have nothing to do with t49.

Edited by rosgrim, 24 February 2020 - 05:21 AM.

tedg5 #1377 Posted 24 February 2020 - 01:01 PM

Tater salad

• Players
  • 54055 battles
  • [AGOGO]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 23 February 2020 - 12:49 PM, said:

Why do you consider them needed in Blitz? What will they bring in your opinion? 

What do any of the crazy tanks added bring? What did the Drac and Helsing bring? Why are any new tanks needed? Real question is: why not just add them as variants of existing tanks, just as they were in real life. Benefit: More $$ for WG for little effort.

_Crusader6_ #1378 Posted 24 February 2020 - 08:48 PM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 65668 battles
  • [SURG3]

View Postzcostilla, on 23 February 2020 - 09:26 AM, said:

Honest question RibbleStripe, did WG developers actually even consider removing the lookout bar or making the ATGM line of sight from gunner to target?

I still maintain these tanks are broken, and I want to come back to Blitz, but I won't until the ATGM rounds are fixed. And quite frankly, this update didn’t really fix the biggest issue, it just game the T92 a mild nerf and a slight nerf to the HEAT round.

The Shillelagh ATGM was IR controlled and needed line of sight to work, so I don't understand why WG made them more OP then they ever were in real life. And while I maintain they really need a 2 to 3 second buffer before the guidance system activates, I could see myself playing if they required LOS to target and fixed the lookout bar issue.

It doesn't need a time lock - it need a maneuver limit, it's simply to set the turn rate so it cannot do that - make it 4-5 degrees/second and you have fixed the exploits.

A missile being fired up over a house - shouldn't be able to turn and nail the tank on the other side.

Tank Hoarder: 401 tanks in Garage:  413/413 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

BorisBaddenov #1379 Posted 24 February 2020 - 11:23 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26335 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 24 February 2020 - 01:48 PM, said:

It doesn't need a time lock - it need a maneuver limit, it's simply to set the turn rate so it cannot do that - make it 4-5 degrees/second and you have fixed the exploits.

A missile being fired up over a house - shouldn't be able to turn and nail the tank on the other side.

However -- WG -- specifically RibbleStripe -- has said this is working AS INTENDED.

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

wrecker1968 #1380 Posted 25 February 2020 - 01:16 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 50231 battles
  • [HOUSE]

Hey ribble, Is there any way that you guys could move the X5 experience certificates to the booster icon? So they can be used When the player needs them. 

This would help the players and would most likely generate more revenue for your company.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users