• Please log in to reply
1585 replies to this topic

boris55555 #1381 Posted 26 February 2020 - 01:10 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 29685 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post__Crusader6__, on 24 February 2020 - 03:48 PM, said:

It doesn't need a time lock - it need a maneuver limit, it's simply to set the turn rate so it cannot do that - make it 4-5 degrees/second and you have fixed the exploits.

A missile being fired up over a house - shouldn't be able to turn and nail the tank on the other side.

coming around?

Atgm non los top down look around bar mechanic

“please commit die.”

Death__Valley #1382 Posted 26 February 2020 - 02:19 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 24 February 2020 - 02:48 PM, said:

It doesn't need a time lock - it need a maneuver limit, it's simply to set the turn rate so it cannot do that - make it 4-5 degrees/second and you have fixed the exploits.

A missile being fired up over a house - shouldn't be able to turn and nail the tank on the other side.

We’ll have to agree to disagree. The time delay is a realistic limitation based on the actual design of the Shillelagh ATGM used by the Sheridan. The maneuver limitation it needs is line of sight, because that’s also how the Shillelagh was designed to operate. WG’s official position that it’s working as intended means they have no desire to make this tank realistic, which is exactly why I am refusing to play a battle, spend money on the game, or watch an ad to help WG gain revenue.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

_Crusader6_ #1383 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:20 AM

The Society’s NA President

• Players
  • 67070 battles
  • [DEF]

View Postzcostilla, on 26 February 2020 - 09:19 AM, said:

We’ll have to agree to disagree. The time delay is a realistic limitation based on the actual design of the Shillelagh ATGM used by the Sheridan. The maneuver limitation it needs is line of sight, because that’s also how the Shillelagh was designed to operate. WG’s official position that it’s working as intended means they have no desire to make this tank realistic, which is exactly why I am refusing to play a battle, spend money on the game, or watch an ad to help WG gain revenue.

So based on your distance method a player could still fire it up and then bring it down around cover.   

Locking the turn rate to a much more realistic zone should be easy for WG to do.  It also solves the Arty aspect. 
Yes it was a beam rider - but let’s face it, a slight distortion won’t cause major issues.  

You need to drop the ‘realistic’ aspect.  Most of these tanks couldn’t reliably fire on the move - and even more never made it off the drawing board.    Plus the spotting/viewing ranges are all skewed so you need to think about x5 or x10 of the game distance.  
 I mean the commanders MG can go further than the map with enough accuracy to hit a tank, let alone the main gun.  

Tank Hoarder: 404 tanks in Garage:  420/420 Played Tanks Aced

NON LINE OF SIGHT MISSILES ARE AN AWFUL MECHANIC 

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

Death__Valley #1384 Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:09 AM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View Post__Crusader6__, on 26 February 2020 - 07:20 PM, said:

So based on your distance method a player could still fire it up and then bring it down around cover.   

Locking the turn rate to a much more realistic zone should be easy for WG to do.  It also solves the Arty aspect. 
Yes it was a beam rider - but let’s face it, a slight distortion won’t cause major issues.  

You need to drop the ‘realistic’ aspect.  Most of these tanks couldn’t reliably fire on the move - and even more never made it off the drawing board.    Plus the spotting/viewing ranges are all skewed so you need to think about x5 or x10 of the game distance.  
 I mean the commanders MG can go further than the map with enough accuracy to hit a tank, let alone the main gun.  

Hey, I respect your opinion, I just disagree. I want 2 seconds before guidance goes active, and LOS. I’d begrudgingly settle for LOS, and consider coming back if all I got was a 2 second delay, because it gives me time to react and prepare for the inbound missile. It should not be a short-range, hit the guy 35 meters away on the other side of the peak of the hill from me. But at medium/long range, I think it SHOULD have the maneuverability too make it effective.

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing. I’m just not ending my boycott until it’s adjusted.

(edited for punctuation)

Edited by zcostilla, 27 February 2020 - 06:02 AM.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

boris55555 #1385 Posted 27 February 2020 - 03:44 AM

• Players
  • 29685 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postzcostilla, on 26 February 2020 - 09:09 PM, said:

Hey, I respect your opinion, I just disagree. I want 2 seconds before guidance goes active, and LOS. I’d begrudgingly settle for LOS, and consider coming back if all I got was a 2 second delay, because it gives me time to react and prepare for the inbound missile. It should not be a short range hit the guy 35 meters away on the other side of the peak of the hill from me. But at medium/long range, I think it SHOULD have the maneuverability too make it effective.

I don’t have a problem with you disagreeing. I’m just not ending my boycott until it’s adjusted.

Solidarity Reg

“please commit die.”

Texas_Tyrant #1386 Posted 27 February 2020 - 01:03 PM

The Philosophical Tank Farmer

• Players
  • 11060 battles
  • [UTC]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 19 February 2020 - 01:54 AM, said:

We have made guides for most recent vital changes in game mechanics. As i said before, we'll keep doing that.

To be honest we don't consider them for near future because there are enough more suitable tanks. 

Seeing that Israel is one of the top super-powers on the planet, I think that there should be an interest. Seeing that Israel has the most technological military advancements, I think there should be an interest. Seeing that Israel depended on tanks the most in the majority of engagements and wouldn't exist today after the 7 Days War which depended on tanks, I think there should be an interest. The mere existence of Israel is because of tanks( and God's miracle). As far as more suitable tanks I looked at the other region forums/threads and didn't see any other "more suitable tanks" people were interested in...Israel has perfectly good unique tanks that are not Soviet knock offs. An Israel tank will have unique designs and playstyle based off of design. I understand WG staff aren't considering them, but maybe they should....

View PostRibbleStripe, on 23 February 2020 - 06:49 AM, said:

Why do you consider them needed in Blitz? What will they bring in your opinion? 

The Tier X 1970 Prototype Merkava is what people are wanting. There are wood models out there...in addition to the actual antiqued tanks. I think blitz should have them because of the reasons listed above and its unique design. Late models had a rear-ish mounted turret and 8.5 degrees of gun depression. They had a 105 millimeter M64 L71A  gun mounted on the Mk. 1.  The engine was placed in the front of the tank to protect crew from injuries. The Merkava would be 7.45 meter's in length (without gun)and 2.65 meters tall. This is smaller than an IS-7. Due to the size it would be interesting in battle situations because it would be harder to hit and easier to go hull down, this tanks main advantage. The rest of the tank tree can be worked out, the Merkava is the prize! I would pay for an Premium version even.... Just like the Strv 74A2 which was given a Swedish flag..... Maybe we can mix Middle east tech trees like the Euro line to make it work... What do y'all think?

Thanks for considering this,

Texas_Tyrant

Edited by Texas_Tyrant, 02 March 2020 - 11:27 AM.

We Want Israeli Tanks In Game! Merkava MK 1 Fits In Game!

"Remember the Alamo, remember Goliad" and tank with Vengeance!

Fun fact: There are 15 MBT in game already!

Death__Valley #1387 Posted 27 February 2020 - 02:31 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View PostTexas_Tyrant, on 27 February 2020 - 07:03 AM, said:

Seeing that Israel is one of the top super-powers on the planet, I think that there should be an interest. Seeing that Israel has the most technological military advancements, I think there should be an interest. Seeing that Israel depended on tanks the most in the majority of engagements and wouldn't exist today after the 7 Days War which depended on tanks, I think there should be an interest. The mere existence of Israel is because of tanks( and God's miracle). As far as more suitable tanks I looked at the other region forums/threads and didn't see any other "more suitable tanks" people were interested in...Israel has perfectly good unique tanks that are not Soviet knock offs. An Israel tank will have unique designs and playstyle based off of design. I understand WG staff aren't considering them, but maybe they should....

The Tier X 1970 Prototype Merkava is what people are wanting. There are wood models out there... I think blitz should have them because of the reasons listed above and its unique design. Late models had a rear-ish mounted turret and 8.5 degrees of gun depression. They had a 105 millimeter M64 L71A  gun mounted on the Mk. 1.  The engine was placed in the front of the tank to protect crew from injuries. The Merkava would be 7.45 meter's in length (without gun)and 2.65 meters tall. This is smaller than an IS-7. Due to the size it would be interesting in battle situations because it would be harder to hit and easier to go hull down, this tanks main advantage. The rest of the tank tree can be worked out, the Merkava is the prize! I would pay for an Premium version even.... Just like the Strv 74A2 which was given a Swedish flag..... Maybe we can mix Middle east tech trees like the Euro line to make it work... What do y'all think?

Thanks for considering this,

Texas_Tyrant

I strongly recommend WG fix their current issues before developing new content

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

Chariot_Solace #1388 Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:15 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 51827 battles
  • [_STR8]
These tanks will never be balanced with APCR rounds and ATGMs. The whole idea of that is just preposterous and frankly I am disgusted with WG’s decision to add them to the game in such a state. I am enjoying the game less than ever since they added this garbage. Other than the missile tanks, the only tanks worth playing are high dpm mediums with some form of armor, just to counter them. And well, 2 tank types is boring A F.  Everything else is pointless, eclipsed by these broken lights that can do everything they can do and more. Why play a tank destroyer when you can play a light tank with a tank destroyer gun? Why play a tank with gun depression that can get shots off with minimum exposure? Just play the new lights and farm damage with literally zero exposure. Why play a heavy when your armor is completely useless to insanely high pen guided missiles from behind cover? And who needs armor when you have the best mobility in the game? Oh but they have that too. Both tanks still have troll armor, even after the T92 nerf.So why play a mobile medium tank with some armor? The new lights have better mobility, bounce more shots than many mediums and have a tank destroyer/SPG gun. Lightly armored mediums are pointless too. They get shredded by their HE rounds, or out traded, or out maneuvered, and out spotted too. I’ve hardly been playing at all the last few weeks and have no motivation to change that.

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 27 February 2020 - 09:15 PM.

Garage: 201 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 80 Premiums: 75 Aced: 264/269

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

MadD1cker66666 #1389 Posted 27 February 2020 - 05:59 PM

Private

• Players
  • 5 battles

View PostChariot_Solace, on 27 February 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

These tanks will never be balanced with APCR rounds and ATGMs. The whole idea of that is just preposterous and frankly I am disgusted with WG’s decision to add them to the game in such a state. I am enjoying the game less than ever since they added this garbage. I’ve hardly been playing at all the last few weeks and have no motivation to change that.

Yep. Same. Just bummed

Chariot_Solace #1390 Posted 27 February 2020 - 10:30 PM

Stug Life

• Players
  • 51827 battles
  • [_STR8]
And now instead of admitting and remedying the egregious error you made with the new light tanks, you are going to add a ton more hp to tier x heavies, totally unbalancing tier 9. Normal tier 9 tanks will struggle to chew through all the hp of tier Xs now and missile tanks just have more hp available to farm from behind cover totally safe from everything. Just fix your original mistake instead of compounding it. Smh. My opinion and interest in this game is dropping by the day. Unreal. 

Edited by Chariot_Solace, 28 February 2020 - 12:46 AM.

Garage: 201 Tier Xs: 21 Lines I'm Grinding: 5 Favorite Tank: E75 Top 100 Tanks: 80 Premiums: 75 Aced: 264/269

https://www.blitzstars.com/player/com/Chariot_Solace

Death__Valley #1391 Posted 28 February 2020 - 12:46 AM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View PostChariot_Solace, on 27 February 2020 - 04:30 PM, said:

And now instead of admitting and remedying the egregious error you made with the new light tanks, you are going to add a ton more hp to tier x heavies, totally unbalancing tier 9. Normal tier 9 tanks will struggle to chew through all the hp of tier Xs now and missile tanks just have more hp available to farm from behind cover totally safe from everything. Just fix your original mistake instead of compounding it. Smh. My opinion and interest in this game is dropping by day. Unreal. 

I’m going to stop looking for fixes if it isn’t done by update 6.9. I’ll just delete the gamefrom my iPad and walk away for good.

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

boris55555 #1392 Posted 28 February 2020 - 01:03 AM

• Players
  • 29685 battles
  • [MINC]

View PostBorisBaddenov, on 24 February 2020 - 06:23 PM, said:

However -- WG -- specifically RibbleStripe -- has said this is working AS INTENDED.

Peace-

Boris

and again in the live stream. Just unfathomable 

“please commit die.”

BorisBaddenov #1393 Posted 28 February 2020 - 02:26 PM

3.8 Made me quit

• Players
  • 26437 battles
  • [NOGUD]

View Postboris55555, on 27 February 2020 - 06:03 PM, said:

and again in the live stream. Just unfathomable 

"... and they will die on this hill of Missiles as well."

Peace-

Boris

I’ve noticed a strong lack of Spare Parts. Is that intended?

No, it is not. This problem will solve itself with time. Many players have several dozens of vehicles in their Garages, so they don’t have enough Spare Parts for the entire vehicle fleet. But you will gradually collect enough Spare Parts to unlock new slots for purchased tanks in time.

wrecker1968 #1394 Posted 28 February 2020 - 06:32 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 51820 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 06 February 2020 - 11:19 AM, said:

6.7 stats arrived

Tier 10

Tier 9

Tier 8

What will happen to ATGM tanks? 

While introducing the ATGM vehicles, we promised to keep an eye on their battle performance and make prompt balance changes if necessary. The latest data analysis suggests the changes are necessary, so the new LTs will be re-balanced already in Update 6.8.

• Reducing APCR penetration will cause these light tanks to play their direct role on the battlefield—instead of penetrating heavies from the top.
  • The missiles were conceived as "situative" ammo suitable for quite narrow scope of battle situations. Initially, the ATMs appeared to be too versatile, so their penetration and damage are going to be decreased.
  • The T92E1 used to bounce shots too effectively for a light tank, so its upper glacis plate thickness will be reduced.

After looking at your tier 10 chart, I am confused why there is going to be a hit point buff in 6.9 for the heavies.

Could you please share the real reason behind the buff?

_Cletus #1395 Posted 29 February 2020 - 04:45 AM

Voodoo Wizard

• Players
  • 29514 battles
  • [III-C]

Hi Ribble!

I watched your live stream, it was my first one.  I really dug the whole will they or won't they vibe you had going on with the blonde girl.  I can't wait to see how that turns out!

Missiles.  I'm sure you're tired of hearing about them, and I'm tired of talking about them.  But I feel like I wanted to hear more about WG's future plan for missiles.  Do you plan to roll out missiles to other tiers and tanks?  What future adjustments are you considering in regards to the missiles?  

I would prefer they be removed from the game.  Barring that, I have some adjustment ideas.  I would like to see them have some dispersion, they are being used to do high speed drive by shots that are a lot harder to hit with other large caliber guns.  I also would be a lot happier if they had to have line of sight.  Even though missiles are a very situational weapon, I just can't support the ability to shoot from cover and be able to hit another tank in cover in tank on tank combat.

The other big news is the heavy HP buff.  Everybody knows that I'm primarily a heavy driver, I always have been and always will be.  However, the blanket buff seems to be a bit much.  Really, it seems to me the problem is that there are a lot of really poor heavy drivers out there.  I think the majority of bad heavy drivers just don't know their armor profile well enough to use it effectively.  They don't realize the differences between the armor profiles of different heavies, so they don't know how to use their particular tank to best advantage.  For instance, you wouldn't want to drive an E100 the same way you would the AMX 50 B.  I think if there was a way in the garage to see a hit skin on your tank as it would look from various guns at various angles, heavy tankers in general would be able to use the armor more effectively.  I know you can do that with various websites, but I think if you could do it in game a lot of poor heavy drivers would get a little better.

I'm looking forward to the next installment!  I think you should do the next live stream from a romantic restaurant.  No, a picnic next to a bubbling brook, some wine, that'll move things along nicely.

acrisis #1396 Posted 29 February 2020 - 03:38 PM

The Society ™ ***** Diplomat

• Players
  • 20985 battles
  • [III-C]

Balance in X will be lost.

Tier IX will suffer.

And this will be another round of never ending issues. Buff this, not that. More imbalance.  

The missiles are mistake, and should only be present in Mad Games. 

I don't like the excuse, based on numbers that the average player does not do well in a missile tank and that players on average may only fire a handful of missiles per battle. Because, any poor to average player does pretty poorly in any tank regardless. At issue is what they do in the right hands. 

The simple fact remains that the missiles are an OP mechanic without counter measure for those who don't have them. 

Several times. I am hulled down in a critical location, spotting for the team, nobody has a direct line of fire that could pen me, without red over-exposing and getting hit by the green team ... but here come the missiles!  Two unicums on red playing arty, sitting in the bushes and behind rocks on the side somewhere behind their team. Watching. Waiting. Two hits into me and I am now a one shot. One red close by pushes for the kill. I get one shot off. Dead. Game over, right then and there. More red missiles.

Many examples of where red missile tanks survive easily, seem to have no struggle penning enemies, can relocate super easily, and lob missiles at their leisure ... over 2k 3k 4k damage ... while a medium can't pen most of the tanks they face, nor can you hit these lights because they're too fast.  In another case I get swarmed & COD by one, pumping me for 500+ 600+ 700+ DMG ... zero way to survive ... my shell does 300 ... if it goes in.  

Anyhow.  To me it does not matter that the average Joe can't land a missile.

The frustration is that missiles pose a great advantage for capable players, while players without missiles are stuck with standard weaponry, and I consider that an unfair advantage. 

Now we have word of buffing the tier X heavies. 

So, what about the mediums? ... try to engage actively, spot for the team, can't easily pen TDs & heavies after the PEN nerf from whenever that happened in the past and equipment nerfs. You barely do any damage per shot relative to the big derp guns. All while taking a hit from a missile or two. Never mind the standard alpha dmg & pen that the missile tanks have on regular rounds. It really feels like these missile tanks are outclassing traditional mediums in every way.  

RIP mediums.

RIP tier IX tanks who tend to be low tier.

I understand that somewhere over time, decisions have been made to make the game more appealing in some way, add diversity, ... but I find missile tanks undermining the game, since they're an unfair advantage and I cannot make sense of buffing tier X heavies. 

Forum essentials:  > Desktop mode 
Check recent threads. Check WG staff threads. Use search.
    > WG Bugs and current update     > Feedback     > Vehicle Bay     > Guides     > Videos 

BE  (+)   

[ NEW > ]  Lag, Packet Loss, Ghost Shells, Networking and more demystified usingPingPlotter (free)  
Blitz Community Coalition | Looney Tooners | Triarii
Blitz University | Basic Training  |  Mentor  |  The Pingplotter Guy

rosgrim #1397 Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:01 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 92173 battles
  • [COD]

View PostChariot_Solace, on 27 February 2020 - 04:15 PM, said:

These tanks will never be balanced with APCR rounds and ATGMs. The whole idea of that is just preposterous and frankly I am disgusted with WG’s decision to add them to the game in such a state. I am enjoying the game less than ever since they added this garbage. Other than the missile tanks, the only tanks worth playing are high dpm mediums with some form of armor, just to counter them. And well, 2 tank types is boring A F.  Everything else is pointless, eclipsed by these broken lights that can do everything they can do and more. Why play a tank destroyer when you can play a light tank with a tank destroyer gun? Why play a tank with gun depression that can get shots off with minimum exposure? Just play the new lights and farm damage with literally zero exposure. Why play a heavy when your armor is completely useless to insanely high pen guided missiles from behind cover? And who needs armor when you have the best mobility in the game? Oh but they have that too. Both tanks still have troll armor, even after the T92 nerf.So why play a mobile medium tank with some armor? The new lights have better mobility, bounce more shots than many mediums and have a tank destroyer/SPG gun. Lightly armored mediums are pointless too. They get shredded by their HE rounds, or out traded, or out maneuvered, and out spotted too. I’ve hardly been playing at all the last few weeks and have no motivation to change that.

I have to admit (I changed my idea as soon as I saw the tanks performances in battle and as soon as I saw the effect of the ridiculous nerf) that 

- long story short- these need to be reworked completely.

Need change of the armor + total different gun much more close to the t49 as natural evolution at tier 9 and 10.

The experiment failed. WOTB realize that. 

rosgrim #1398 Posted 01 March 2020 - 06:04 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 92173 battles
  • [COD]

View Postacrisis, on 29 February 2020 - 03:38 PM, said:

Tier IX will suffer.

And this will be another round of never ending issues. Buff this, not that. More imbalance.  

I don't like the excuse, based on numbers that the average player does not do well in a missile tank and that players on average may only fire a handful of missiles per battle. Because, any poor to average player does pretty poorly in any tank regardless. At issue is what they do in the right hands. 

The simple fact remains that the missiles are an OP mechanic without counter measure for those who don't have them. 

Several times. I am hulled down in a critical location, spotting for the team, nobody has a direct line of fire that could pen me, without red over-exposing and getting hit by the green team ... but here come the missiles!  Two unicums on red playing arty, sitting in the bushes and behind rocks on the side somewhere behind their team. Watching. Waiting. Two hits into me and I am now a one shot. One red close by pushes for the kill. I get one shot off. Dead. Game over, right then and there. More red missiles.

Many examples of where red missile tanks survive easily, seem to have no struggle penning enemies, can relocate super easily, and lob missiles at their leisure ... over 2k 3k 4k damage ... while a medium can't pen most of the tanks they face, nor can you hit these lights because they're too fast.  In another case I get swarmed & COD by one, pumping me for 500+ 600+ 700+ DMG ... zero way to survive ... my shell does 300 ... if it goes in.  

The frustration is that missiles pose a great advantage for capable players, while players without missiles are stuck with standard weaponry, and I consider that an unfair advantage. 

So, what about the mediums? ... try to engage actively, spot for the team, can't easily pen TDs & heavies after the PEN nerf from whenever that happened in the past and equipment nerfs. You barely do any damage per shot relative to the big derp guns. All while taking a hit from a missile or two. Never mind the standard alpha dmg & pen that the missile tanks have on regular rounds. It really feels like these missile tanks are outclassing traditional mediums in every way.  

RIP mediums.

I understand that somewhere over time, decisions have been made to make the game more appealing in some way, add diversity, ... but I find missile tanks undermining the game, since they're an unfair advantage and I cannot make sense of buffing tier X heavies. 

Agree and agree and agree.....

My hope they will realize all of the above (by the way, adding HP to the heavies ?.....another silly move)

Death__Valley #1399 Posted 01 March 2020 - 03:14 PM

Purveyor of Dad Jokes

• Players
  • 21944 battles

View Postacrisis, on 29 February 2020 - 09:38 AM, said:

Tier IX will suffer.

RIP mediums.

Well said!

-INDEFINITELY ON HIATUS

tanker070 #1400 Posted 01 March 2020 - 09:22 PM

The Nitwit

• Players
  • 59143 battles
  • [PLDN]

as Acrisis presented the main point above: unable to counter missiles (no defense for non missile tanks.)
not all maps have fighting area that has tall cover.

saying only few ppl get killed with virus is no reason to NOT TO TREAT THAT VIRUS.

- Logic 100
sure only few missiles are being used ON AVERAGE ...thats counting the non missile tanks in that battle.
those who have missiles and learned how to use them (with lookout bar), would be fools to not use them again and again.

part of me is glad that experimentation is happening and game is evolving.
sorry but not at cost of my time. cant be helpless creature of circumstance.

we join the game and join it to win.  So happily i can wait until conditions are fair enough.

→_→ #tankerTalks

pro tip: Take Deep Breaths Often.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users