1761 replies to this topic

boris55555 #1741 Posted 28 March 2021 - 02:30 PM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 33812 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 March 2021 - 09:17 AM, said:

Ribble:

Too many unexperienced players are making calls in the beginning of the game that are contributing to terrible game play.

Is there any way that you can Color code the players on your own team to their win rate? And also put a Amount of battles bar underneath there name.so you can see their base battle count and judge who to listen to?

This would make for better game play and also Defeat trolls that are trying to make the team lose.

The ability to have some team only view of who’s worth listening to would be worth while in a team game.

of course wg is pushing in the other direction: we now have the enforced mutes of Nintendo Snitch

Proud Owner of 2 separate Jagdtiger10.5’s

_Wikipedia #1742 Posted 28 March 2021 - 04:59 PM

usles

• Players
  • 12325 battles
  • [KR0N0]

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 March 2021 - 08:17 AM, said:

Ribble:

Too many unexperienced players are making calls in the beginning of the game that are contributing to terrible game play.

Is there any way that you can Color code the players on your own team to their win rate? And also put a Amount of battles bar underneath there name.so you can see their base battle count and judge who to listen to?

This would make for better game play and also Defeat trolls that are trying to make the team lose.

Career stats are outdated and I would not see Wargaming collaborating with blitzstars.

What would mean more is showing the 30 day WN8, Winrate, and average tier if this is so much of a problem.

The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.

_Zakalwe_ #1743 Posted 29 March 2021 - 10:46 PM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30020 battles
  • [AGILE]

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 March 2021 - 06:17 AM, said:

Ribble:

Pretty sure it will never happen but I've wanted this for ages.

• Teammate only - to prevent targeting of enemies. Probably the biggest complaint about XVM on PC.
  • Relevant to the battle tier - corrects for any seal-clubbing.
  • Stats for recent performance only - 30 day, 90 day, last (n) battles, whatever, basically correcting for legacy stats vs. reroll.

Beyond colour-coding I'm not sure if it's practical to fit in another number for battle count, but if so I think avg. damage is a good alternative to that. 2k battles but great damage? Probable reroll who knows what they're doing.

It's not just about weeding out bad calls, also things like who should I save or spend hitpoints for? Flanking with a 39% teammate, I'll know to expect no help. Got a unicum TD behind you? Spot for them and it will matter.

I know it's a cliche but it feels like players are worse than ever. WG keeps adding stuff that allows players at high tiers with less experience than ever before (10x boosters ffs). Giving us some idea of teammate skill level isn't going to fix that, but it will give us a better chance of working with each other. If everyone can see where they stand vs. each other it could help teams work better together.

Edited by _Zakalwe_, 29 March 2021 - 10:49 PM.

RibbleStripe #1744 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:05 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 342 battles
  • [-LEG-]

View Postwrecker1968, on 28 March 2021 - 05:17 PM, said:

Ribble:

Making call is not a problem. Going for unreasonable call and making silly moves actually is. 

Every single player has a right to suggest a strategy for a battle. And it depends on your experience whether you go for it or not.

Coloring nicknames according to players' efficiency and experience causes more troubles (for every group of players) than solves. 

whatzup22 #1745 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:37 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 3091 battles
  • [FOIL]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 April 2021 - 07:05 PM, said:

Making call is not a problem. Going for unreasonable call and making silly moves actually is. 

Every single player has a right to suggest a strategy for a battle. And it depends on your experience whether you go for it or not.

Coloring nicknames according to players' efficiency and experience causes more troubles (for every group of players) than solves. 

until a 40er makes a command before you and the rest of the team cluelessly follows without listening to you.

Mika_The_Vampire #1746 Posted 05 April 2021 - 11:49 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2349 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View Postwhatzup22, on 05 April 2021 - 11:37 AM, said:

until a 40er makes a command before you and the rest of the team cluelessly follows without listening to you.

you live as a team.

you die as a team.

wrecker1968 #1747 Posted 05 April 2021 - 08:31 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 59735 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 April 2021 - 11:05 AM, said:

OK, so following other 50-70% players on my team or spotting for a few is not a good idea. So do you guys have any detail ideas to fix the player base or are going to blow smoke and say "we are working on it"

This is why veteran players walk away from the game. This is why trolls are born that Yolo or AFK.

This is why the player base is going to get worse.

Your time is more important thinking of ways to fleece money out of players rather than trying to improve the player base.

Giving Suggestions to you has the same rate of success as your crates.

_Zakalwe_ #1748 Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:25 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 30020 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 April 2021 - 03:05 AM, said:

The problem is, many players lack the ability to assess these calls, especially conflicting ones.

Overall I think it's a good thing that WG's changes to improve new player retention seem to have worked. Without new blood, a game dies. I'm an older gamer and I've seen it firsthand. but we have huge gaps in ability. F2P players can race up the tiers and get a tier X after only 500-1000 battles. Buy the battle passes and that rate is greatly accelerated. So we have players with way less experience at high tiers who are not equipped to make a judgement on stuff like direction calls.

• Player A wants the team to go right so he can sit in his favourite camping spot because 236 battles ago he had an incredible game there.
  • Player B is a unicum who looked at the team line-up and knows that's an awful idea.

Right now, both calls are given the same prominence to players that can't tell which is better. It's a false balance.

It's like putting Dr. Fauci on TV with Karen from Facebook to discuss whether vaccines are good or bad, except their credentials are concealed so only people already in the know can tell which is the expert professional and which is the crackpot. Placing one opinion on the same level as the other. False balance.

Giving players some idea of each other's abilities won't fix player education, but it will help everyone work with what we've got. Most people will know to listen to the dude with the purple name over the deep red.

As for causing more troubles, I've player a lot of multiplayer games in the past which displayed some kind of rank/score/etc. and I don't see the issue.

boris55555 #1749 Posted 06 April 2021 - 12:42 AM

• Players
  • 33812 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post_Zakalwe_, on 05 April 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

The problem is, many players lack the ability to assess these calls, especially conflicting ones.

Overall I think it's a good thing that WG's changes to improve new player retention seem to have worked. Without new blood, a game dies. I'm an older gamer and I've seen it firsthand. but we have huge gaps in ability. F2P players can race up the tiers and get a tier X after only 500-1000 battles. Buy the battle passes and that rate is greatly accelerated. So we have players with way less experience at high tiers who are not equipped to make a judgement on stuff like direction calls.

• Player A wants the team to go right so he can sit in his favourite camping spot because 236 battles ago he had an incredible game there.
  • Player B is a unicum who looked at the team line-up and knows that's an awful idea.

Right now, both calls are given the same prominence to players that can't tell which is better. It's a false balance.

It's like putting Dr. Fauci on TV with Karen from Facebook to discuss whether vaccines are good or bad, except their credentials are concealed so only people already in the know can tell which is the expert professional and which is the crackpot. Placing one opinion on the same level as the other. False balance.

Giving players some idea of each other's abilities won't fix player education, but it will help everyone work with what we've got. Most people will know to listen to the dude with the purple name over the deep red.

As for causing more troubles, I've player a lot of multiplayer games in the past which displayed some kind of rank/score/etc. and I don't see the issue.

Completely agree especially as viewable to just your team. 

please explain the downside for me

_Crusader6_ #1750 Posted 06 April 2021 - 05:37 PM

There is no Society- go back to sleep.

• Players
  • 74949 battles
  • [-EXP-]

View Postboris55555, on 05 April 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

Completely agree especially as viewable to just your team. 

please explain the downside for me

Downside - it is another advantage to better teams and players, who already can make do with the teams as they are.

If one of my window licking oxygen thieves calls town - I'll simply hit my hotkey for  40%'ers to Town - and if the team isn't smart enough to not go town, I'll do my own thing.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  

Tank Hoarder: 437 tanks in Garage:  453/456 Played Tanks Aced

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

wrecker1968 #1751 Posted 06 April 2021 - 06:17 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 59735 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 06 April 2021 - 05:37 PM, said:

Downside - it is another advantage to better teams and players, who already can make do with the teams as they are.

If one of my window licking oxygen thieves calls town - I'll simply hit my hotkey for  40%'ers to Town - and if the team isn't smart enough to not go town, I'll do my own thing.

This is a good point about better teams Taken Avantage of it.. Maybe if they implement this for tier 1 through 4 With the battle bar count like I suggested. Maybe you can actually use the seal clubbers to Wg's Advantage and inadvertently make them mentors.

Seems like it would be a good way for the newer players to learn. Because at that level If they are going to lose they are gonna lose anyway.

Edited by wrecker1968, 06 April 2021 - 08:23 PM.

boris55555 #1752 Posted 06 April 2021 - 07:19 PM

• Players
  • 33812 battles
  • [MINC]

View Post_Crusader6_, on 06 April 2021 - 12:37 PM, said:

the argument has been that both teams have window lickers in the past....now both sides would equally have the ability to take advantage of the calls or not. It would t give one side an unnatural advantage but it should lead to more cohesive teams on both sides. 

SpartacusDiablo #1753 Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:01 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34823 battles
  • [III-C]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 April 2021 - 06:05 AM, said:

I've long had a solution for this.

If your 30 day WR at the tier you are currently playing is below the team average your chat should be disabled for the first 45 seconds of the match.  This would greatly cut back on the number of subpar players making horrid calls that other average to subpar players then follow. 

In some cases your experience isn't enough when a subpar player makes a call that sets the team up for failure.  

Clearing chat for the first 45 seconds for above average players to make sensible calls is ultimately good for all players.  Good players will be less frustrated while subpar players will more than likely win more (and possibly learn something).  It's a win win.

Just my two cents.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

wrecker1968 #1754 Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:27 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 59735 battles
  • [HOUSE]
^^^^ This is also a good solution to the problem. Good to see You back Sparky, Hope all is well

SpartacusDiablo #1755 Posted 06 April 2021 - 11:40 PM

Highly Illogical

• Players
  • 34823 battles
  • [III-C]

View Postwrecker1968, on 06 April 2021 - 06:27 PM, said:

^^^^ This is also a good solution to the problem. Good to see You back Sparky, Hope all is well

Doing okay.  Thanks bud.

Hope you're doing well as well.

Find me on Discord, [SpartacusDiablo#7879]

Rest in Peace CJ.  You will be missed.

__Frostbite #1756 Posted 07 April 2021 - 01:34 AM

Cold as Ice

• Players
  • 33407 battles
  • [_V_]

as great of an idea that is, i don't think they would go for it. there isn't really supposed to be a limit of content on a player's stats.

eh. I agree somewhat. what defines "unreasonable" though? I've called a lot of effective directions for my team and still lost, and sometimes I've called something completely wacky and illogical, and still pulled off the win.

Agreed, 100%. As much as I don't like giving ineffective players the same rights as experienced ones, it doesn't make for a good game atmosphere to do that. It's the same thing with a democracy system of government. Uneducated voters deserve the same rights as educated ones. We can encourage education, but we can't force it. And just because an inexperienced player makes a bad call doesn't mean that the experienced players must follow it. Definitely agree on that.

I heavily disagree with this. These things already exist in the game in various fashions.

For one, every player has a military honor that shows their stars and a respective color. 5 purple stars doesn't really give anything away because its so common, but anything less than 5 stars does by a lot. If someone has 3-4 stars, it either means they're very new to the game or extremely inactive. 0-2 stars means the player should not be trusted in any way as they somehow have managed to get a worse military honor than inactive accounts.

The second identifier is the newest addition to the player's profile, the avatar. Lots of avatars can be purchased or earned by completing missions: no big deal. But some avatars are only earned through things like tournaments or Ratings accomplishments. Seeing a player with a Diamond tier Ratings avatar or a Professionals Tournament avatar means that the player is almost guaranteed to be a reliable and effective player. Other avatars such as mine as rare and stand out.

The third indicator is the most used one by people, the clan tag. About 1/4 matches, someone gives me a salute for my clan tag. Most players are able to identify the well known clan tags for their accomplishments in tournaments, and on the flip side, some players are able to recognize clan tags that are notorious for having inexperienced or troll players.

It's not rare to see comments in my battles like "let Void call" or "follow the void guy". As such, I have a much better chance at getting people to follow my calling than other players that aren't as known.

The fourth indicator is the player's own username. While most people don't bother memorizing most pro players from tournament clans, some players do stand out. I'm...pretty well known in Blitz communities by now, and I actually get a surprising amount of comments about me. I would say roughly 1/10 of my matches have someone saying my name into the chat. Other players get recognized from their tournament prowess, are YouTubers, or are very frequently seen in certain places (everyone knows each other in the Diamond league battles of Ratings).

The fifth indicator is the tank that someone's driving. While this usually doesn't mean much, some rare or unreleased tanks are able to gather more interest and support from a team, and may invoke tunneling or focusing from the enemies.

I don't think there's an issue at all with giving skilled players the ability to have a colored nickname that stands out and lets their teammates know that they're a skilled player. It would be an amazing feature to be added if 3 things are implemented with it:
- The ability to turn the colors or symbols identifying a player's skill when the player wants it off. I can completely understand that inexperienced players would not want to be shamed before a battle starts over their winrate.

- The identifying colors of symbols should display recent ability in-game, not career stats. Many players' career stats are bogged down by bad battles in the past, and they perform better now. Also, some players have gotten worse with time, and accurately showing a player's skill means showing their recent stats. 30 day stats or last 300 battles would work well.

- The enemy team should not see a player's indication of skill unless they chat with the global chat in-game.

In real life, people have many ways to prove their credentials. They can show their college degree, their profession or where they go to school, their titles, other awards, and even possessions such as a home or car. It may not be perfect, but people can get a rough understanding of what a person prioritizes in life by observing these things. It shouldn't be different in battle. Let good players be rewarded for their effective play by allowing them to get some respect from teammates.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Join WoT Blitz's official English Discord server!!

PM me in-game, on the forums, or on Discord (Frostbite#7267) if you have any questions about WoT Blitz

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mika_The_Vampire #1757 Posted 08 April 2021 - 12:25 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2349 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 05 April 2021 - 11:05 AM, said:

could you buff the Kuromorimine tiger's credit coefficient? having it at TT levels (94%) makes the tank a pointless premium/collector. buff it to 145 or 150. so that way its on par with the other tigers and not pointless.

Irany0 #1758 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:00 AM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 24996 battles
  • [FRS17]

View PostMika_The_Vampire, on 07 April 2021 - 07:25 PM, said:

could you buff the Kuromorimine tiger's credit coefficient? having it at TT levels (94%) makes the tank a pointless premium/collector. buff it to 145 or 150. so that way its on par with the other tigers and not pointless.

I believe the GuP tanks used to have high premium coefficients, but then they lowered them for some reason. Still don't get how they managed to slip that one by the player base. They were full blooded premium tanks that some people payed gold for, but I guess too many people successfully got them for free...

Edited by Irany0, 08 April 2021 - 03:00 AM.

Mika_The_Vampire #1759 Posted 08 April 2021 - 03:13 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 2349 battles
  • [VMPIR]

View PostIrany0, on 08 April 2021 - 03:00 AM, said:

I believe the GuP tanks used to have high premium coefficients, but then they lowered them for some reason. Still don't get how they managed to slip that one by the player base. They were full blooded premium tanks that some people payed gold for, but I guess too many people successfully got them for free...

ya, i heard the PZ. IV used to be one of the best credit grinders in the game, until they decided to nerf it due to too many people owning it and playing it.

_Wikipedia #1760 Posted 09 April 2021 - 04:17 AM

usles

• Players
  • 12325 battles
  • [KR0N0]
Please buff the 263, SU-122-54 is better in every meaningful way and find the tank more fun.

The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users