• Please log in to reply
1837 replies to this topic

wrecker1968 #1781 Posted 15 April 2021 - 04:49 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

View Postrosgrim, on 15 April 2021 - 05:29 AM, said:

This is another tread that should be deleted automatically because is simply useless.

Do you realize that if the majority of your team got basic skills of this game should already know where to go ? (that is he realize the tank category he is driving, he consider the map and the enemy tanks).

Simple like that,

This is not rocket science.

A good experienced 40% player could know most of the time - at the least - what side of the map to avoid.

The other part of the player base simply go where the can see buildings.

Or they go every given time in a spot they experienced was good to "snipe" (camping) no matter the tank they are driving.

They don't know the roles of the tanks. Most don't even know the different ammo and have difficulties to aim.

This is a larger part of the player base.

Do you think they will look at the players on their team and listen ? you are fool.

Do you realize that many many players doesn't even know what WR means or care about it ?

For the good Lord this is a mobile game...

Brace yourself: you can put colors, medals, WR, WN8 or whatever .....you will always have players doing the opposite of the best player call.

Same about players following a nub call: they are nubs too, that is why they follow that call.

I stopped calling the direction a long ago. 

Nothing happened: on contrary may be my WR went up.

Why ?

because I try to do this:

Count on your skills, do your best in that circumstances (you can't influence MM), think at your ideal plan considering the players you got (for example I count tank categories considering the supposed ability of the players. For example 2 meds nub players are equal to 1 med good player).

I try to have a plan b when my team is full of poor skilled players and/or when they decide to take a different plan. 

I'm just a decent player so if I can do that then everybody could.

A good 40% player would not be 40%.

Last I checked, You are playing with 6 other teammates. Not solo.

I've seen plenty 40% players make the wrong call. And all it takes is one teammate to follow them And both get Destroyed within the 1st minute. Game over.

Edited by wrecker1968, 15 April 2021 - 04:50 PM.

RibbleStripe #1782 Posted 16 April 2021 - 09:51 AM

First Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • [-LEG-]
Stats coloring thread is not over. I just need to post 7.8 stats :)

Tier 10

Tier 9

Tier 8

daREAL_trainboi #1783 Posted 16 April 2021 - 02:18 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]

Oh, look at all these vehicles that have been consistently underperforming for months and months, but you refuse to change them? How can you not see how bad these tanks are performing!

Just look at the Centurion. With the 5/1 out it's just blatant power creeping. Just give it a buff for God's sake, make the gun deal more damage and buff the turret armor. 5/1 can stay the same as there is no reason to make it better in every way.  

I would list every single buff I have in mind for these tanks but it would take to long so I'm just going to list all the tanks that need buffs to penetration, alpha damage, or armor (maybe even combinations) because they are either performing bad or just bad in general, or need buffs to stay in league with the constant flow of new premiums:

STA-1 (alpha buff so it can trade. Glass cannons need something other than pen)

T-34-2 (pen buff)

WZ-120 (Idk what, but it needs one)

AMX 50 100 (once the Somua SM comes out there is no point to this tank anymore, so buff the gun depression to 9 degrees and maybe the inter-clip reload. Or give it 4 rounds in the magazine again. It's days are numbered)

AMX AX 46 (pen buff on the 2nd and 3rd guns to match their standard variants in the heavy line)

Foch 155 (just put it in here because the stock gun needs it's old alpha back. Why the heck did you even nerf it anyway, it was only the autoloader that needed nerfing!)

Centurion I

Centurion 7/1(20pdr guns get more damage and both tanks have better turrets)

FV4202 (maybe a turret buff to go along with turret buffs for the Cents)

Caernarvon (buffing the 20pdr alpha, and adding the 32pdr gun with 300 damage, and buffing the turret armor)

Conqueror (replacing the stock turret with the current top one, then adding a new top turret with more armor all around and spaced armor like the S. Conq)

FV215b (just the spaced armor on the turret to go along with the Conqueror)

Tortoise(I need no explanation for this one)

Indien-Panzer (more alpha like the STA-1)

Leopard PTA (no idea for this one, but just buff it)

T-44 (penetration buff)

Pershing (penetration buff and alpha buff since the DPM sucks and I'd prefer a slower-firing, higher alpha gun on it)

M46 Patton (turret armor buff so it's a bit more troll, pen buff)

T32 (penetration buff)

T28 (complete remodeling so it has armor and it can play like the T95, plus a blazing 25kph top speed)

T69 (penetration buff)

T54E1 (alpha damage buff somewhere in between the Standard B and the Skoda T50. 330....?)

That's all I can think of atm.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

7ero #1784 Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:19 PM

That fine line between constructive criticism and a forum strike

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 16 April 2021 - 03:51 AM, said:

Stats coloring thread is not over. I just need to post 7.8 stats :)

Tier 10

Tier 9

Tier 8

As far as top tanks played. The stats you posted are looking good.  I would like to see an alternate stat post with all the premiums added though.  Just to see how big a difference there actually is. Especially in tier 8 

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

_Crusader6_ #1785 Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:24 PM

Skill Makes it’s own Luck.

• Players
  • 81665 battles
  • [III]

View Post7ero, on 16 April 2021 - 11:19 AM, said:

As far as top tanks played. The stats you posted are looking good.  I would like to see an alternate stat post with all the premiums added though.  Just to see how big a difference there actually is. Especially in tier 8 

On Discord Ribble has said he would look into that -- based on my own experience as well as looking at Blitzstars it would add some rather dramatic jumps...

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 481 tanks in Garage:  498/498 Played Tanks Aced
304 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

_Crusader6_ #1786 Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:44 PM

Skill Makes it’s own Luck.

• Players
  • 81665 battles
  • [III]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 16 April 2021 - 09:18 AM, said:

Oh, look at all these vehicles that have been consistently underperforming for months and months, but you refuse to change them? How can you not see how bad these tanks are performing!

Just look at the Centurion. With the 5/1 out it's just blatant power creeping. Just give it a buff for God's sake, make the gun deal more damage and buff the turret armor. 5/1 can stay the same as there is no reason to make it better in every way.  

I would list every single buff I have in mind for these tanks but it would take to long so I'm just going to list all the tanks that need buffs to penetration, alpha damage, or armor (maybe even combinations) because they are either performing bad or just bad in general, or need buffs to stay in league with the constant flow of new premiums:

STA-1 (alpha buff so it can trade. Glass cannons need something other than pen)

IMHO, the STA is not a bad tank at all -- it's just in need of decent players

T-34-2 (pen buff)

- no it is fine

WZ-120 (Idk what, but it needs one)

- no it really doesn't - it did when it had abysmal DPM, but with the alpha and it's DPM now, it needs the limitations it current has on the gun depression to balance it at all.

AMX 50 100 (once the Somua SM comes out there is no point to this tank anymore, so buff the gun depression to 9 degrees and maybe the inter-clip reload. Or give it 4 rounds in the magazine again. It's days are numbered)

I can't talk about the Somua - but the AMX has mobility and it's not a bad tank at all.

AMX AX 46 (pen buff on the 2nd and 3rd guns to match their standard variants in the heavy line)

Good idea

Foch 155 (just put it in here because the stock gun needs it's old alpha back. Why the heck did you even nerf it anyway, it was only the autoloader that needed nerfing!)

Agreed - the fact the stock gun is so dreadful due to the autoloader nerf doesn't make sense, they need to split the gun stats like they did with the Obj 140 and T-62 A - or they just need to remove the single shot gun and not have a stock gun option.

Centurion I

It desperately needs a mobility buff - or a turret armor buff to remove the eyebrow weak spot.

Centurion 7/1(20pdr guns get more damage and both tanks have better turrets)

7/1 is a good tank, and doesn't come into its own until the 105mm HESH gun.

FV4202 (maybe a turret buff to go along with turret buffs for the Cents)

NO - the 4202 is a monster in good hands - a turret buff would break it.

Caernarvon (buffing the 20pdr alpha, and adding the 32pdr gun with 300 damage, and buffing the turret armor)

Better to just give it the 105mm HESH gun from the 7/1 with lower DPM, as its top gun.

Conqueror (replacing the stock turret with the current top one, then adding a new top turret with more armor all around and spaced armor like the S. Conq)

Better to give it a little more mobility.

FV215b (just the spaced armor on the turret to go along with the Conqueror)

215b is fine, maybe buff the HP pool back up another 100.

Tortoise(I need no explanation for this one)

The problem with Tort buffs is you end up enabling folks to the 183, the Tort is workable currently (but still on the poor end), but I'd support a mobility buff too it so it doesn't get left behind as badly.   

Indien-Panzer (more alpha like the STA-1)

IP is fine, it is actually a good tank, and been in the top TT meds several times in the last two years.

Leopard PTA (no idea for this one, but just buff it)

It needs more gun depression - and maybe a touch more DPM -- right now the Vickers CR does everything it can do better.

T-44 (penetration buff)

T-44 is still one of the better tier 8 TT meds

Pershing (penetration buff and alpha buff since the DPM sucks and I'd prefer a slower-firing, higher alpha gun on it)

Need to fix the mantlet and turret armor - pen is fine on the gun, but maybe a dispersion buff) 

M46 Patton (turret armor buff so it's a bit more troll, pen buff)

One of the best tier 9 meds does not need a buff.

T32 (penetration buff)

Pen is it's balance, but I would support a dispersion buff, so it can aim for weak spots better.

T28 (complete remodeling so it has armor and it can play like the T95, plus a blazing 25kph top speed)

Agreed

T69 (penetration buff)

It's a great tank after the last few buffs it got, I can't agree it needs anything currently.

T54E1 (alpha damage buff somewhere in between the Standard B and the Skoda T50. 330....?)

Honestly I thought it was a fantastic tank - BUT it like many other 105mm guns (hint BC) should get proper 105mm NATO tank alpha, and the inter clip can always be nerf'd if needed after the alpha buff.

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 481 tanks in Garage:  498/498 Played Tanks Aced
304 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

7ero #1787 Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:57 PM

That fine line between constructive criticism and a forum strike

• Players
  • 51176 battles
  • [SRT]
As far as “stats coloring” for lack of a better idea right now.  I too agree that an overall stat identification system wouldn’t be too accurate  for a lot of players in the game. A 30 day, or a 60 day stat system would be more efficient.  I’m not saying at all that this is an ultimate fix for anything, but it might help with the amount of 7-0, 0-7 blowouts there are.

Let’s be honest, I don’t think anyone has much fun when those games happen.   Even when I win a 7-0 game the first thing I think is; well, that wasn’t that great. If a good player can at least get their team to follow their lead that battle it might end up a 2-7 or 3-7 game.  At that point you at least went down fighting instead of just getting slaughtered.

The end result might be the same but at least you’d have more fun getting the loss.  More fun=player retention 

Edited by 7ero, 16 April 2021 - 05:10 PM.

“ Mm sucks just like u r face. Now Go cry on tissue not here.” ~ raj

daREAL_trainboi #1788 Posted 16 April 2021 - 04:58 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]

lol thank you for your responses

That's just my opinion but yours make sense too

Yes some pen buffs you might not like make sense to me because they are at the bottom end of the penetration scale for Tier 8 mediums. Not massive buffs, but the Pershing 180>190 (plus the bigger ~235 alpha gun), T-44 175>180, T-34-2 181>190, etc. Most new premium tier 8 meds are getting much more penetration than they should and since they cannot be nerfed, the only option is to buff the tech tree ones.

T32 dispersion buff I do like though, it doesn't hit stuff well. Problem with the Tier 8 glass cannon meds is that they already have the pen but 225 just feels a lot weaker at the tier. 240 seems much more comfortable for a paper fire support vehicle.  I think the Caern still would work better with the 32pdr, the HESH gun just feels like a bit too much. Conq getting more mobility is another thing I didn't think of, 40kph Conqueror go brrrrrrrr, Cent 7/1 is only getting the turret buff because then it would be worse than the Tier 8. It's 254mm on PC after the buff but honestly 200 would be great. 

Only the M46 I really disagree with as it's just so different from nearly all the other tanks in the line. The T20 also has no armor but it's fast while the M46 is slow. The only thing it does have are DPM, and really good traverse. 

Somua SM is just so much better here. In PC it has less armor and is slower and as such doesn't power creep the AMX 50 100 with the better gun and mobility. Either give the AMX better inter-clip since the Somua SM will blow it out of the water, or give it 4 rounds so it's more of an assassin and has that big burst for a long time, rather than a smaller burst for less time. If 4202 were to get a turret buff the hull would have to be nerfed, but I see your point. I just wanted to carry traits over from tank to tank. FV215b could use more HP I can agree with that.

You make nice points Cru, and glad you support the stock Foch 155 gun buff.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

Motorbreath_ #1789 Posted 17 April 2021 - 12:57 AM

Paranoid

• Players
  • 34831 battles
  • [_V_]

Centurion 1 drivers be like

I'm calling it right now: its just gonna get an extra three rounds of ammunition, nothing more.

Edited by Motorbreath_, 17 April 2021 - 12:57 AM.

daREAL_trainboi #1790 Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:07 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]
Lol, yeah.

Mika_The_Vampire #1791 Posted 17 April 2021 - 01:19 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 4319 battles
  • [VMPIR]
i really wanted to go up the british medium and heavy tank lines. but wow do they have awful armor. hull down tanks / ridgeline warriors with poor/awful turret armor...

Edited by Mika_The_Vampire, 17 April 2021 - 01:19 AM.

rubix1999 #1792 Posted 17 April 2021 - 04:26 AM

Private

• Players
  • 6298 battles
Are y'all ever going to send me a bonus code if any kind before this cancer kills me I'm not upset in curios cause I wish to have a cool tank cause mine gets hits with shells from other tanks and mine ends up exploding I've spent alot of cash I didn't have and had to live on a hot dog here and there and it would be all worth it if I got a cool bonus secret Jedi code that would render me invincible at least one round a day you know like a cool m1 abrahms tank would do nicely thank you wargaming gods also thank you for wotblitz and ps do something about the bully on my block lol youll either smile when you meet me or you'll be laughing hesterically when I'm leaving good night wargaming gods and thank you for all yalk do cause it makes every day better thank you also for all the happiness and smiles your game bring my worthless butt in my mundaine life thank you oh thank you oh thank you I mean it thank you for real thank you and with that I bid you ado and good night [edited]@myself lol

rosgrim #1793 Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:08 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 114413 battles
  • [COD]

View Postwrecker1968, on 15 April 2021 - 04:49 PM, said:

A good 40% player would not be 40%.

Last I checked, You are playing with 6 other teammates. Not solo.

I've seen plenty 40% players make the wrong call. And all it takes is one teammate to follow them And both get Destroyed within the 1st minute. Game over.

you need to get reading skills before any other else: I said experienced.

It means that his career stats don't reflect (since you need many battles to rehab your career WR) his real skills. 

Then don't let me go on talking about skills to you.......start to get appropriate DMG and everything will be clearer

I know that Experience is something you kids/young don't understand: it means someone that experienced many battles, mistakes etc etc and had the intelligence to learn.

I like to get in my team much more a 40% with good 30-60 days stats a consistent number of battles and good DMG-WN8 than a 55-60% WR "maturated" in T5-6 or below with bad DMG and WN8.

I also said that if someone follow a bad call is as bad as who made the call and you can't fix that.

Finally you have a long road to make before blaming others, bad calls etc etc

Thanks God Blitzstars is accessible to all.

Edited by rosgrim, 17 April 2021 - 05:22 AM.

_Wikipedia #1794 Posted 17 April 2021 - 05:22 AM

Official advocate for 40%ers

• Players
  • 16040 battles
  • [GUPPY]
The only tier 8 tech tree mediums that are relevant are T-34-2, T69, T-44, and P44 and even 1/2 of these tanks fall a bit short to premium spam. Make Mediums Magnificent again.

Edited by _Wikipedia, 17 April 2021 - 05:24 AM.

The legend himself: https://www.twitch.tv/dsteves

Do not have an average tier of 6-8 if you want to cry.

_Zakalwe_ #1795 Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:49 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31666 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostWar_Vet_1, on 14 April 2021 - 01:08 AM, said:

Hi Ribble, I think color coding player names with career WR isn't a bad idea. I think three color codes for 49% and below, 50%-54%, and 55% and above would work. Just to let everyone know what their team's WR composition is. I mean, WG uses 55-65% WR for tier 8-10 balance adjustments so that seems like a good cutoff for the color coding system.

IMO career WR is not ideal. Make it:

• Recent record only. 30 day, 90 day, last n battles whatever. But something representative of current ability to filter the reroll vs. legacy stats effect.
  • Tier relevant. If it's a tier 10 battle use the player's tier 10 stats, not the stats they clubbed at tier 3.
  • I think everyone has said this but teammate-only obviously, to prevent the targeting that people hated about XVM.

View Postrosgrim, on 14 April 2021 - 09:29 PM, said:

A good experienced 40% player could know most of the time - at the least - what side of the map to avoid.

I'm assuming you mean players with a WR that starts with a 4 rather than an actual 40-41% player. Because they have to be really really awful for a really long time to become an "experienced 40% player." Sorry if I'm being overly literal here. Besides it's amazing how resolute some players are on their preferred "strategy". Had a chat with an E75 driver some time ago who complained about getting abuse for going the heavy side solo. Not excusing the abuse, but he was of the firm belief that leaving the flank empty was a tactical disaster. Nothing that I or anyone else said could dissuade him, he was utterly resolute. "WG point heavy tanks in a direction for good reason." I guess it's not always about the buildings. (Psst fix the spawn points!)

_Zakalwe_ #1796 Posted 18 April 2021 - 09:57 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31666 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostRibbleStripe, on 13 April 2021 - 10:42 PM, said:

The biggest issue with that is toxicity. Even if WR is shown to greens only there will be too many trash in game chat. Imagine being pushed towards enemy by your ally just because he doesn't like your 60+ WR. Been there, done that, got t-shirt =)

I honestly think this issue is overstated. I don't see this increasing toxicity, perhaps merely redirecting it somewhat. Played other games with skill or rank indicators and I can't recall this being a stimulus. Toxic people find ways to be toxic regardless. Maybe they redirect their abuse towards purple or red players depending on their personal issue, but they're already in the game (every game tbh) and they'll always find ways to push the boundaries that WG enforce.

And on the topic of abuse, I find this reason somewhat disingenuous. WG has essentially green-lit unlimited abuse in garage chat because "... we have added the function which allows you to receive messages from friends only. " Sure, some people can and perhaps should turn it off. Definitely make use of the block function. But recruiting for your clan when you can't receive messages is a problem, and telling people not to accept friend requests from unknown players (or the consequences are on you...) seems a bit of an oxymoron. How do you make friends without communication?

More importantly, WG has closed an avenue of enforcement. Each and every ticket with screenshots of abuse in "private" chat is an opportunity for WG to enforce their policy on toxicity. If WG was actually serious about tackling this issue, they'd jump at the chance. I've been an online gamer for decades at this point and it takes something to bother me, but I've seen screenshots of some actual horrific stuff posted from your chat on discord. It's not often that something makes me pause in shock, but its out there in your game. And WG's official line is they "... stopped processing tickets that report violations in private messages."  It honestly pisses me off that someone can do this all day, every day for as long as they want and WG's official line to these toxic POS is "have at it." Chat ban. Chat ban them again and again until they get the message or it's permanent. I say this respectfully, because I know you're not the arbiter of all things WG, but stating this as the "biggest issue" sounds a bit hollow to me when in-game private chat is the Eat All You Can buffet of spreading toxicity without consequence.

tanker070 #1797 Posted 18 April 2021 - 02:20 PM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 64314 battles
  • [MSTRY]

Is this the first time balance charts are including 50% Wr to 64% ?

more sample points the better, so thats good I assume.

Is this done to normalize the peak performers?  Not much of anything standing out to me Rn... (e3, Maus, Cruser etc staying same)

lol its their work to make things fun but doing that rarely is what makes us appreciate devs oddly.

→_→ #tankerTalks

daREAL_trainboi #1798 Posted 18 April 2021 - 04:46 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]

View Post_Wikipedia, on 16 April 2021 - 11:22 PM, said:

The only tier 8 tech tree mediums that are relevant are T-34-2, T69, T-44, and P44 and even 1/2 of these tanks fall a bit short to premium spam. Make Mediums Magnificent again.

Yes, agreed. P.44 is the only one that really is equal to premium tanks, even all the others just fall short.  

Irany0 #1799 Posted 18 April 2021 - 07:32 PM

Currently Unavailable

• Players
  • 27961 battles
  • [FRS17]
Surprises me that the proggetto and chimera aren't on the winrate graph for tier 8. Figured they'd be dominant. Are there really not enough players working them to make the graph?

daREAL_trainboi #1800 Posted 18 April 2021 - 08:18 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]
No, WG doesn't want us to see that power creep exists >:)

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users