• Please log in to reply
1837 replies to this topic

_Bland #1801 Posted 19 April 2021 - 02:40 AM

Sergeant

• Players
  • 10133 battles
  • [-PR-O]

View PostdaREAL_trainboi, on 18 April 2021 - 10:46 AM, said:

Yes, agreed. P.44 is the only one that really is equal to premium tanks, even all the others just fall short.  

I disagree, the T-34-2 has a beautifully strong turret and great alpha and aim time with the 122 mm.  one of my favorite tanks to drive after I grew brain cells

TOG II + floaties + boat engine= mobile island

daREAL_trainboi #1802 Posted 19 April 2021 - 01:13 PM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]
Lol, I tend to overlook that one!

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

_Crusader6_ #1803 Posted 19 April 2021 - 03:29 PM

Skill Makes it’s own Luck.

• Players
  • 81665 battles
  • [III]

View Post_Zakalwe_, on 18 April 2021 - 04:57 AM, said:

And on the topic of abuse, I find this reason somewhat disingenuous. WG has essentially green-lit unlimited abuse in garage chat because "... we have added the function which allows you to receive messages from friends only. " Sure, some people can and perhaps should turn it off. Definitely make use of the block function. But recruiting for your clan when you can't receive messages is a problem, and telling people not to accept friend requests from unknown players (or the consequences are on you...) seems a bit of an oxymoron. How do you make friends without communication?

More importantly, WG has closed an avenue of enforcement. Each and every ticket with screenshots of abuse in "private" chat is an opportunity for WG to enforce their policy on toxicity. If WG was actually serious about tackling this issue, they'd jump at the chance. I've been an online gamer for decades at this point and it takes something to bother me, but I've seen screenshots of some actual horrific stuff posted from your chat on discord. It's not often that something makes me pause in shock, but its out there in your game. And WG's official line is they "... stopped processing tickets that report violations in private messages."  It honestly pisses me off that someone can do this all day, every day for as long as they want and WG's official line to these toxic POS is "have at it." Chat ban. Chat ban them again and again until they get the message or it's permanent. I say this respectfully, because I know you're not the arbiter of all things WG, but stating this as the "biggest issue" sounds a bit hollow to me when in-game private chat is the Eat All You Can buffet of spreading toxicity without consequence.

110%

I hate Annihilator spammers...  
Tank Hoarder: 481 tanks in Garage:  498/498 Played Tanks Aced
304 extra garage slots too - lucky me. 

I need more tanks...

Wallet Warrior: Loyal Original M60 owner

RonaldusMaximus_ #1804 Posted 20 April 2021 - 09:33 PM

Self-Righteous Prick, and Annihilator PR Manager

• Players
  • 20181 battles
  • [III-R]

@Ribblestripe

One thing you guys can do (for free) is restore the in game link to the Forums.

The players who want to learn will use it.

Edited by RonaldusMaximus_, 20 April 2021 - 09:34 PM.

Vantablack12 #1805 Posted 21 April 2021 - 12:40 AM

Ready, Fire, Aim!

• Players
  • 18208 battles
  • [K9]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 April 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

@Ribblestripe

I second this.

"In a man-to-man fight, the winner is he who has one more round in his magazine." -Erwin Rommel

"We're not just going to shoot the bastards, we're going to cut out their living guts and use them to grease the treads of our tanks." -General George Patton

Bring back the in-game Forum link!

boris55555 #1806 Posted 21 April 2021 - 01:04 AM

BORii Full Badge Society Member, and First Minister of FUNK

• Players
  • 37329 battles
  • [MINC]
Thirdsies

TIME TO BRING THE FORUM LINK BACK INTO THE GAME

If WG would permanently take away all of my temporary avatars, I would consider that a gift.” BAR_001

daREAL_trainboi #1807 Posted 21 April 2021 - 02:39 AM

Am I here?

• Players
  • 14887 battles
  • [UWU_]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 April 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

@Ribblestripe

Fourth.

"I like trains. Deal with it." I mostly play Tier VII and VIII-and am 80% F2P. (I need garage slots!)

Favorite light tank:LTTB, favorite medium:M26 Pershing, favorite heavy:VK 100.01 (P), favorite tank destroyer:SU-152

but all tanks are good if you know how to play them!

rosgrim #1808 Posted 21 April 2021 - 04:04 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 114413 battles
  • [COD]

View Post_Zakalwe_, on 18 April 2021 - 09:49 AM, said:

IMO career WR is not ideal. Make it:

• Recent record only. 30 day, 90 day, last n battles whatever. But something representative of current ability to filter the reroll vs. legacy stats effect.
  • Tier relevant. If it's a tier 10 battle use the player's tier 10 stats, not the stats they clubbed at tier 3.
  • I think everyone has said this but teammate-only obviously, to prevent the targeting that people hated about XVM.

I'm assuming you mean players with a WR that starts with a 4 rather than an actual 40-41% player. Because they have to be really really awful for a really long time to become an "experienced 40% player." Sorry if I'm being overly literal here. Besides it's amazing how resolute some players are on their preferred "strategy". Had a chat with an E75 driver some time ago who complained about getting abuse for going the heavy side solo. Not excusing the abuse, but he was of the firm belief that leaving the flank empty was a tactical disaster. Nothing that I or anyone else said could dissuade him, he was utterly resolute. "WG point heavy tanks in a direction for good reason." I guess it's not always about the buildings. (Psst fix the spawn points!)

you are assuming well.

my bad I wasn't specific.

For 40% usually we intend all the range of WR starting with 4.

Actually I mean, lets say 47-49% with more than 10k battle, average tier played 7-8, Average DMG at the least 1200, and 30-60-90 stats over 50% with blue WN8.

I saw many of these that are actually better than over 50% career WR players that think to be good...too bad they run less than 1k average dmg and played mostly T1-6. There are a lot even with 60%WR like that. WR alone doesn't give you indication of skills.

_Zakalwe_ #1809 Posted 21 April 2021 - 06:37 AM

First Sergeant

• Players
  • 31666 battles
  • [AGILE]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 April 2021 - 01:33 PM, said:

@Ribblestripe

Ditto this.

tanker070 #1810 Posted 23 April 2021 - 01:10 AM

You rig some, you lose some

• Players
  • 64314 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 April 2021 - 03:33 PM, said:

@Ribblestripe

All the informative posts people have written around here deserve some credit.

Forum link within the game is the least UI intern can do.

Ribble, Pls forward our word to restore the link.

lol its their work to make things fun but doing that rarely is what makes us appreciate devs oddly.

→_→ #tankerTalks

rosgrim #1811 Posted 24 April 2021 - 04:51 AM

Senior Sergeant

• Players
  • 114413 battles
  • [COD]

View PostRonaldusMaximus_, on 20 April 2021 - 09:33 PM, said:

@Ribblestripe

110%

RibbleStripe #1812 Posted 24 April 2021 - 10:22 AM

First Sergeant

• Administrator
  • 400 battles
  • [-LEG-]

View Posttanker070, on 18 April 2021 - 05:20 PM, said:

Is this the first time balance charts are including 50% Wr to 64% ?

more sample points the better, so thats good I assume.

Is this done to normalize the peak performers?  Not much of anything standing out to me Rn... (e3, Maus, Cruser etc staying same)

The base of players we collect data from hasn't changed at all. But I changed the way of representing the charts a bit. From now on the lowest bar of each column is 50%, not 55% as before. It's made in order to make absolutely normal difference (3-5%) look absolutely normal =). For example two tank have 56% and 60% WR but first column will be 2 or 3 times lower. That twists perception and brings unnecessary drama.

tanker070 #1813 Posted 25 April 2021 - 05:24 PM

• Players
  • 64314 battles
  • [MSTRY]

having 50%wr on the graph is beneficial change Ribble.

Now if ppl with avg winrate 55-65 perform more towards 50%wr that shows how hard the tank is to play. translating in more frustration for rest of player base as well.

tanks like Centurion 1 & avg. dmg 500 lol, being worse than Pershing is no place to be at this stage of life.

Although I agree its not possible to compare 2 different tanks but avg performance in hands of 55%-65% playerbase shows us window of data.
i’m curious to know if 52% - 62% is considered..then what changes will the graph see.  What tanks maybe more popular?
player population is higher in that range, and i think they own more tanks and play more tanks because Unicums only play certain tanks for low amount of battles. Trophy tanks and etc as we know.

lol its their work to make things fun but doing that rarely is what makes us appreciate devs oddly.

→_→ #tankerTalks

wrecker1968 #1814 Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:38 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

This is from another thread but it belongs here.

It's not about balance.  Nor is it about new or old. Real or unreal. Right or wrong. It's about how much money they can make from you. Don't ever think that WG is here to make a fun game. A fair game. Or a realistic game. They have even done their best to make the forum a market Strategy place to sell tanks and other services. They have their marketing lobbyists doing their best. 

3% chance to win a tank from a chest, Yeah that's fun and fair.

Events are not about winning tanks they are about selling tanks.

Do MM, RNG and other controlled wg factors make the game fun and fair for your battles?

If you see it any other way than that, you have blinders on.

But don't worry sooner or later those blinders will come off. And you'll probably quit. With a lot less money to show for it.

Edited by wrecker1968, 29 April 2021 - 03:41 PM.

boris55555 #1815 Posted 29 April 2021 - 03:54 PM

• Players
  • 37329 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 April 2021 - 10:38 AM, said:

It's not about balance.  Nor is it about new or old. Real or unreal. Right or wrong. It's about how much money they can make from you. Don't ever think that WG is here to make a fun game. A fair game. Or a realistic game. They have even done their best to make the forum a market Strategy place to sell tanks and other services. They have their marketing lobbyists doing their best. 

Do MM, RNG and other controlled wg factors make the game fun and fair for your battles?

But don't worry sooner or later those blinders will come off. And you'll probably quit. With a lot less money to show for it.

Sure gambling crates can suck. The end of the day though it’s not like it’s a 3% drop or nothing. You seem to get fair market value in “stuff” that drops otherwise. Don’t buy them. There aren’t many tanks that you do not have access to eventually via gold or cash. I’ve got plenty I like to shake my fist at wg about but making money isn’t one of them. It’s their reason to exist as a company. I got offered a stupid fake take bundle this am, and then the Hafen, then the lupus and then something else. Didn’t buy. Don’t want them. 

it’s obvious that events are about selling tanks. Only the great who have a ton of time can earn the money event tanks....but we can usual get them at a discount if we want them. I work. A lot. I never earn the tanks fully free. Some I buy, some I don’t. 

that being said: sure I have issues: anni and smasher are kind of lame in tier 7 fantasy league. I’m glad missiles are gone, glad spare parts are gone, thank you for the tutorial. Now just fix the mute population you’ve introduced from the Nintendo.

If WG would permanently take away all of my temporary avatars, I would consider that a gift.” BAR_001

wrecker1968 #1816 Posted 29 April 2021 - 05:17 PM

Head of Security

• Players
  • 60788 battles
  • [HOUSE]

I'm not disagreeing with you boris. I just want players to be educated about this" game"  And how they spend their money. And what its going to get them in the long run. I'll tell you what, I'll tell them to spend money on avatars. How about that?

Now that's a good little market lobbyist

tanker070 #1817 Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:00 PM

• Players
  • 64314 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 April 2021 - 11:17 AM, said:

I'm not disagreeing with you boris. I just want players to be educated about this" game"  And how they spend their money. And what its going to get them in the long run. I'll tell you what, I'll tell them to spend money on avatars. How about that?

Hey im saulty too about the money and effort i spend in the past.  All that event grinding for some avg tank that gets owned by another premium tank has built up much resentment.  Somehow after all that, I still like the game because of constant changes (minor or big). 

its fun to see how dev team avoids balancing and calls their premium tanks balanced among other op premiums.   meanwhile I habitually invest my time in and around game.  its difficult to find reasoning in any of this. 

→_→ #tankerTalks

boris55555 #1818 Posted 29 April 2021 - 07:27 PM

• Players
  • 37329 battles
  • [MINC]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 April 2021 - 12:17 PM, said:

Avatars are dumb at any price (including free). 

NICKEL_AND_DIME #1819 Posted 29 April 2021 - 08:44 PM

Insufficient Loyalty

• Players
  • 58814 battles
  • [III]

View Postwrecker1968, on 29 April 2021 - 10:38 AM, said:

This is rich with truth.  The main reason I stopped spending $$$ with WG was because I started to see the manipulation, and how I was not respected as a paying customer.  Actions have consequences.

The 3% drop rate in crates is abysmal, but it's even worse in World of Warships Blitz.  I continued to spend money on that platform, until I was honest with myself in noticing the same abusive patterns with regard to manipulations.  Free to play is the best option for me, as I have plenty of tanks and no real desire to fill the pixel garage with more pixel tanks that will be irrelevant within a few updates.

The most healthy and effective rebalancing is when the players rebalance our spending habits with the game. 

tanker070 #1820 Posted 30 April 2021 - 06:11 PM

• Players
  • 64314 battles
  • [MSTRY]

View PostNICKEL_AND_DIME, on 29 April 2021 - 02:44 PM, said:

The most healthy and effective rebalancing is when the players rebalance our spending habits with the game. 

some quotes need to be in stone.

→_→ #tankerTalks

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users